Pureblood

Wand

Yew, Thestral Tail Hair, 10 ¼ inches

Boggart

Herself becoming evil

Patronus and memory

Mastered, Raven, The day her father was taken away to Azkaban

Dementor-induced memory

The night she found out her father's secret, the way he threatened to kill her if she ever spoke up about it.

Mirror of Erised

A mother who is alive and loves her and a father who is not a murderer.

Player

Alias

Tay

Timezone

MST

Contact

tay.douglas Skype

Other Characters

Chantal Warner

Cynthia Heart

PERSONALITY

Raeya is perceived as a very cold, emotionless and uncaring person. In reality, that is far from the truth. She cares deeply about a number of close friends, whom she considers family and she angers easily. It’s because she cares about the people whose company she surrounds herself with that she often seems monotone and emotionless. Her magic has been highly connected to her emotions since she was a small child and she doesn’t want to injure someone she cares about.

She has always a deep rooted desire to learn and loves to read about nearly anything. She gets pretty angry over not being able to concentrate or not understanding a subject in class. She is often the leader of any group, using logic as her guide. On top of that, she is a very sarcastic person with little to no patience for immaturity or bickering between other students. She is often drawn to dark places and depressing scenes, but it is more a safe place than an indication of her actual mood. Due to her dark past, she is simply more comfortable there.

Lastly, Raeya is very distant and mysterious. She tends to remain closed off to most people, even her close friends. It is in fact, an extremely rare event for her to share anything about herself with anyone. She doesn’t exactly want to have to tell people about her father. This is not only because she doesn’t want to be judged because of him, but also because she prefers to keep him off of her mind.

HISTORY

Trigger Warning Raeya was born to two pureblood parents sixteen years ago. Her mother Arella was pressured into a marriage with her father Tristan and then forced to conceive a child. Raeya’s only non-scarring memories of her mother are blurry, not because she was too young to remember, but because her mother was not actively involved in her life. Instead of some variation of ‘Mom’, Arella was just Arella. It was made perfectly clear that she did not want this husband, this child, this life. Looking back, Raeya almost laughs at how blind she and her father were. Arella’s suicide had come as such a surprise to both of them, when really. . . It made more sense than the alternative, living a life she so clearly hated. Raeya was seven when she found her mother hanging from the railing in the foyer of their rather lavish home. She didn’t scream, she didn’t cry. She had just cocked her head to the side and called for her dad. ”Why is Arella hanging from the stairs? She had asked. She learned the concept of death that day and while she did get kinda sad after, she couldn’t say that she really mourned for Arella. To this day, she often wonders if her mother would have mourned for her, had she died first.

It wasn’t long after learning about the concept of death that she discovered that her dad was a serial murderer, hell bent on destroying all half-bloods. One night, when she was ten, she woke up from a nightmare and went to see her father. Up until that point, she had just seen her father. She didn’t know who he was. Upon pushing his bedroom door open, she saw a lump on the ground. Her vision settled and she realized that it was a person. . . It had been a person. It was just a body now. This time, she screamed. Now, from a young age, her emotions had always set her magic off. As she screamed, things went flying and her dad came rushing in. His face quickly went from concerned to downright terrifying and he lifted her by her nightgown, swearing to her that if she ever breathed a word of this to anyone, she would share the same fate. He dropped her and she fled to her room. She has not been able to associate her father with an emotion other than terror since. She stayed out of his way for the next few months until she finally got her acceptance letter. Slytherin, her father had demanded.

Her trip to diagon alley was actually pretty nice, as her father had taken off to Ollivander’s with the core from his old broken wand and gotten her a custom wand made. She was allowed to shop in peace. He even seemed excited and proud of her. Was it wrong that that made her feel good in some way? Surely, she was crazy right? Who in their right mind cared if their serial killer dad was proud of them? He had insisted on the wand and partially our of fear, but also out of not wanting to be rude, she accepted. She just promised herself that she would be careful.

She had no trouble finding the platform, as her father walked her there. She found an empty car and cried tears of relief the whole way there, things going haywire in her little car. In between sobs, she confessed everything to her long-haired orange cat, that she had shaved to look like a lion, Mufasa. Mufasa meant King in Swahili and his long orange fur reminded her of a lion's mane. Lions were supposed to be king of the jungle right? He would be the last one she had opened up to. When they arrived at the school, they were pulled by Thestral drawn carriages. All of the other students were fascinated by the fact that they were pulled by. . . nothing? Magic, they assumed and she was that odd kid asking everyone. You really can’t see them?! It was in her nature to research things, and she found out that only those who had seen death could see them. Check. She thought.

The Sorting ceremony, supposed to be a joyful experience was a terrifying experience for her. When she sat down, the tears started again and a student had been knocked backwards. Seeing the kid fly backwards, that was the first time she realized she had had her wand in her hand. Not Slytherin! She begged tearfully. The sorting hat had sorted her into Ravenclaw, telling her that she was actually all wrong for Slytherin. She followed her Ravenclaw prefects to the dorms and picked a bed in the corner of the room. A girl had tried to grab the be next to her and she simply glared at her and said no. Word passed on and not one person has tried sleeping there since. She wanted her space, in case she had nightmares. The person next to her could actually get hurt. It was much worse with her temperamental wand, but her emotions set off all kinds of magic. She soon picked the library and the common room whenever empty, as her hangouts. She mainly sat and read. Background noise and bickering students often bothered her and she would butt into their conversations to solve the problem. She had quite a few friends, and people looked to her for advice and logic, despite her demeanor.

Her dad did not like the news of her selected house, and she feared facing him, but she never returned to see him again. A month or so after she had started school, he had been convicted of manslaughter and thrown into Azkaban. No one asked her, and she certainly didn’t offer up information on her father. The authorities didn’t know, but she knew, there had been many personal murders as well as murders done by his cult following. The cult worshipped purebloods and murdered ‘mudbloods’. His threat rang through her head any time she was spoken to about it, and she kept quiet.

In her third year, she began to have what she thought were premonitions of bad things happening. Sometimes she was awake when it happened, and sometimes asleep. They happen very seldom and she keeps them to herself, but keeps an eye out for news. She has yet to have one be a fluke. Little does she know, they are not visions. They are actually thoughts and scenes her father is instilling into her head with his legilimency. He plans to up the ante and drive her completely mad by the time she graduates, to get her to join him.

She was taken in by several different magical foster parents over the years, but they found her too difficult and always returned her. They wanted a child with emotions, that opened up, that talked in a non-sarcastic manner and that was not her. No matter, she only needed a home for the summer anyways. These days, she has many friends, but one or two that she has confided in. Two years ago, a male student started stalking her hardcore. He was part of her father’s following, who believed that uniting the two in marriage would cause them to produce some sort of sacred-immortal pureblood that would wipe out all mudbloods once and for all. She didn’t know whether to be terrified, or flattered that her father thought so highly of her in his own way. No amount of protesting or threats seem to deter him and to add onto her heap of troubles, she found out recently that her father may be released within the next year or two on a technicality. With that looming over her head, Raeya does not know who or what to turn to. Her dad still terrifies her to her core.

Just before the end of her Sixth year, Tristan got out of Azkaban and has been using his legilimency to mess with her mind. He mainly does this in her sleep, causing her to have what she feels are lucid dreams, but are really her father's own memories placed into her head. He is hoping to turn her to his cause, but she is still terrified of him. She's spending the summer trying to stay out of public so that her father and this stalker of hers, Brother Blood, don't find her. In this past year she has actually grown very fond of Elliott Hamato, even going as far to have a full schoolgirl crush on him. This summer, she has been spending a lot of time with him and he gave her her first kiss. (!!!!)

CONNECTIONS

Her name, Raeya Roth is a combination of her two identities in the DC universe, Rachel Roth and Raven. Also, Raeya instead of Raven because of BBRae xD
I chose Lenore as her middle name because it is a connection to Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven and a way for her to get the nickname Raven. Also, the name means light, which is good because though she does have darkness in her, she is light at her core.
Her mother’s name is Arella because it was Arella in Teen Titans.
Her father’s name is Tristan, because it is close to Trigon.
I chose to make her father a psycho pureblood-power cult leader and murderer because he was actually a demon in fandom.
His cult following was also canon, except for they believed that uniting Raven and Brother Blood would bring about armageddon.
In canon, Arella was suicidal because she was not to be Trigon’s queen. I switched it around and made her suicidal because she was forced to marry him. I also made her indifferent to Raven as a result of the forced marriage and being forced to have a child. Lastly, in Bomberverse, she actually did commit suicide.
The psycho student stalker from the cult would be the equivalent of Brother Blood, who they believed Raven would bring armageddon with.
I chose a thestral tail core because thestral tail cores are unpredictable and tempermental, like Raven’s abilities in canon. The yew wand wood was chosen because it is known to have a dark reputation amoung the magic community, but is actually as likely to choose a light wizard as it is a dark wizard. It never picks a mediocre wizard. I chose this because Raven has been known to go dark in canon, but she always chooses to be good in the end. I thought the Yew would represent that well.
I chose for her to be afraid of her wand core because it is from her father’s wand, so that she takes extra special care to control her emotions, which her magic is highly connected to (both canon and here), so that her wand doesn’t hurt anyone.
Her personality was taken straight from the canon with fancy descriptive words thrown in.
I chose for her to scare the other girls away and keep them from sleeping in the bed next to her because she loves her space and in canon, she hates if someone goes in her room.
I felt Ravenclaw was the best house for her because she loves reading, logic and knowledge in canon.
I chose Kaya Scodelario for her faceclaim because she has photos with purple hair, she is tiny and pale, like Raven and is often dressed in dark clothes in her pictures. She has a bit of an edge that makes her mysterious looking and that has always been a big part of Raven’s appeal to me, her mysterious looks and ways.
I’m not creepy. . . I’m just different.

FRIENDS

(Pending. . . Would love to see the Titans here soon! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif Hint, hint!)

LOVERS

(Pending. . . But I ship BBRae. More hint!

ENEMIES

(Pending. . . Brother Blood maybe eventually? Her father?)

OTHER

N/A
PMEmail
^
Root Admin
 Posted: 5 Oct 2016, 08:31 AM

N/A

Accepted
Welcome to
Bombarda Maxima!

You did a really great job with this app! I remember Raeya being a favorite of mine when I saw the potterverse adaptation of her before, and it's still true ^_^ This wasn't worth a pend so I'll just add it in here as a side note: since the animated fandoms don't exist in this universe the likelihood of her having a cat shaved like a lion and named Mufasa are pretty slim, so idk if you want to change that or add some explanation about her knowing Swahili to have picked the name XD But yeah other than that she's pretty fab~ I'm excited to see how her story arc develops with her father and the stalker looming on the horizon and that Beast Boy is swooped up soon ^__^ Be sure to post your want ad on resource sites and you'll probably have a better chance, not to mention its further advertising for the site XD

post in the claims board, and then reply to your app when you're done to get your member group changed so you can start posting!
PMEmail
^
hisho kaganshi
 Posted: 20 Jan 2017, 05:57 PM

N/A

Hikou & Raeya
Other/???
Yo. I've been meaning to do this for a little bit, but am only just now getting around to it. XP I honestly don't know how these two would even get on, but I just feel like they could possible bounce off each other somehow. They're very similar in their introverted natures, but both are obviously for completely different reasons. Even so, I think it would be interesting to see how the two of them play off one another.

@raeya roth
PM
^
cynthia heart
 Posted: 21 Jan 2017, 01:20 AM

@hikou kage Sure! Sounds fun. I am a little too busy to start a thread right now, but if you wanted to start one I would try to get to it asap. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PMAIM
^
hisho kaganshi
 Posted: 21 Jan 2017, 02:26 AM

N/A

Hikou & Raeya
Other/???
Sure, that's fine. Considering Hikou doesn't come to Hogwarts often, perhaps they could meet sometime after she had come over to Durmstrang for Chess Club? Or, does she happen to take any classes at Durmstrang? If so, they could possibly share said class and be put on an assignment together? Idk, just throwing possible ideas out there. lol But, sure, as for starting the thread, I don't mind at all. ^^

@raeya roth
PM
^
cynthia heart
 Posted: 21 Jan 2017, 02:32 AM

@hikou kage she doesn't have classes over there I believe, so after chess would be good. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PMAIM
^
hisho kaganshi
 Posted: 21 Jan 2017, 05:00 AM

N/A

Hikou & Raeya
Other/???
Okay, then! I'll see if I can get something started within the next day or so. :D

@raeya roth
PM
^
ai haibara
 Posted: 4 Apr 2017, 02:44 AM

N/A

@raeya roth and Ai

Hmm..they are apparently the only Ravenclaws on here (according to the character list, which I find a bit crazy but anyway). They both have dark pasts that I don't suspect they talk about much..but they also both tend to seek out quiet areas and use sarcasm as a defense mechanism, so there's that. Ai is a few years below Raeya, but is also rather mature for her apparent age (..because she's actually twenty-three not thirteen oops). So..I don't know. I wouldn't mind exploring something with these two at some point
PM
^
cynthia heart
 Posted: 4 Apr 2017, 05:12 AM

@ai haibara I would love to! Did you have anything in mind in particular? And yes, Raeya doesn't talk about her past. xD
PMAIM
^
lucan itzel
 Posted: 26 Jun 2017, 04:35 AM

raeya roth & LUCAN.

raven was my favorite teen titan growing up so obviously i have to plot with her, or in this case raeya~

so lucan here is a seer, COMC professor, as well as the newly made head of ravenclaw and he more often than not is there for his students whenever they need him to be. he grew up with a troubled past and was known as an outcast up until he went to hogwarts so he knows what it means to be different. when she first started hogwarts he was still an apprentice for COMC and i feel that he would have noticed her being able to see the thestrals and immediately know that she held a past that no one wished upon themselves.

i was thinking that maybe he took her to meet the creatures up close and sorta showed her that while people may not be the best, creatures were something she could rely on and trust as long as you respect them. (of course if she isn't interested in COMC then regard this m'dear).

let me know what you think!

^
Thomas Shirogane
 Posted: 3 Jul 2017, 02:13 PM

raeya roth & Juggins Jones III: I'm pretty sure dry humor and sarcasm is a distinct trait of Ravenclaws in the Bombverse. Jug general;y doesn't like girls (more anxiety than misogyny), but I really doubt Raeya would be chasing after him. He'd probably be cool with her quiet-ness. I'd like to think if they hang out, they'd just be sitting around in silence. Not really awkward silence, but the comfortable kind where you know you don't really have to say anything to fill the void. It'd be fun to explore their dynamic.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 10 Oct 2017, 02:02 PM

These two need to have a thread together. I think they'd be very interesting to explore.

raeya roth
PM
^
cynthia heart
 Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 12:35 AM

bruce wayne I'm always down for a new plot. Have anything in mind?
PMAIM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 05:29 AM

raeya roth

Well Bruce is a hogwards student as well on his fifth year so I figured they could know each other, though they might had ignored each other or had a limited interaction since neither seems a social butterfly though they've got good intentions. Didn't have a specific plot in mind to be honest. Just throw them together and see what happens.
PM
^
klarion bleak
 Posted: 10 Dec 2017, 12:29 AM

Klarion + raeya roth: Honestly they've got so many similarities both personality and history wise, they'll either get along famously or absolutely hate each other. We should find out which.

Bill + Raeya: If Raeya ever gets desperate enough about her dad and his legilimency, I know a master legilmens who might be willing to strike a deal...
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.