admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

If I'd Known How, Tag: Rini
Edward Elric
 Posted: 18 Aug 2017, 03:15 PM

N/A

Edward slumped in his chair as he pushed his textbook away from him, gaze staring holes into the ceiling above him. Well, he would if he could, but that actually wasn’t a thing. If it was for his Dark Arts class, he’d be golden, but no it was Ancient Studies. Ancient Studies. How much more boring could it possibly get?

Year five was just not a fun year for him. He had spent the first half of the year with a new wand and trying to wield it using his left hand when he was very much so righthanded. But at least he and Winry had solved that problem, only to open up the door for all sorts of new problems.

Heaving a sigh, Ed straightened up and glanced around the room. Other students casually chatted with each other about one thing or another, while others looked to be studying as well. Grumbling to himself, something along the lines of “this is so stupid”, he pulled his book back towards him, eyes scanning the text but not actually picking up on anything that he was reading. “Dammit. Why is it so hard for me to concentrate?”

--- rini tsukino | OOC: 2016-2017 school year, probably late winter/early spring.

PM
^
rini tsukino
 Posted: 8 Sep 2017, 04:49 PM

N/A

There were many reasons why Rini wanted to reach Set 1 for her seventh year, though she was still content enough with Set 2. The first reason was that it would give her even more to lord over her sister Serena. She actually did care for her sister, no matter how reluctant she was to outright admit it - But she still had a hard time letting her adopted sister in close, and this was one of the symptoms of it. This was something that Rini was even less likely to admit.

She also hoped to impress Mateo and hopefully earn a date with the older male. As such, she was studying hard..though she found herself easily distracted. "You're having a hard time concentrating on your work too?" Rini gazed upward, responding to the source of that comment before peering over toward the source of his voice to see who made it in the first place. Fortunately, she recognized the voice's owner, even if they weren't super close.

They were close enough to carry on a casual conversation with no qualms, however. They were both Set 2s (obviously) with a year in between them. Rini was a 6th year and Edward was a 5th year if she recalled correctly. "Do you need any help?" She asked out of curiosity.

It wasn't a favor that he could repay, but as bratty as Rini could be at times she still did enjoy helping others - much like Serena, though she'd balk at any comparisons. She was a year older than him, and thus might be able to help him with his work if he was having a hard time with it
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 18 Sep 2017, 12:16 PM

N/A

Edward, slumped in his chair as he had done after speaking, shifted to find the speaker that had asked if he was having a hard time concentrating as well. Wasn’t that what he’d just said? The girl, a blonde, was sitting at the next table, a textbook open in front of her. So she was trying to study too. Seemed like it was near impossible to do so with how loud some of the other students were chattering away precious studying time.

Sitting up, he had half a mind to tell the others to shut up, but nobody took him seriously most of the time anyways and it would just be a waste of breath. The girl… what was her name… Reggie? No, Rini. Right. Rini asked if he needed any help and a small pout appeared on his lips for a moment. “Not really. I mean, I can read it just fine. It’s just so…boring. You could help if there’s a way to make Ancient Studies more exciting, but other than that…” Edward shrugged and gave the girl a ‘I don’t know what I’m doing’ look. He so totally needed help, but he couldn't admit it.

--- rini tsukino

PM
^
rini tsukino
 Posted: 7 Nov 2017, 03:08 AM

N/A

Oh dear. He really was having a hard time of it, wasn't he? There was nothing worse than trying to do homework that you didn't understand and didn't find exciting. Not that homework in general was supposed to be exciting..but, well, there were certain assignments that were better than others.

She could not help but chuckle at that. "Maybe picture yourself actually being there and what it would have been like?" It was worth a shot. It wasn't much fun to do dry reading about things that happened in the past, but to actually imagine yourself or others living in that time? That could be a lot more interesting.

Honestly, she wasn't entirely sure if this would help either. She just figured it was worth a shot. "What are you studying in Ancient Studies anyway?" It would probably help if she knew the specific subject that Edward was learning about at that point in time.

Helping other students with their homework? That was so better than anything Serena could do. Serena didn't even get good enough grades herself! (Not that Rini's were absolutely amazing either, but they were better than Serena's, which was the entire point)
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 14 Nov 2017, 03:19 AM

N/A

“Picture myself being there?” Edward frowned at his book for a moment before begrudgingly flipping a couple pages. He had to be extremely careful that he wasn’t too rough with normally delicate items like papers and such, especially when he couldn’t tell just how much force he was exerting when using his right hand.

Rini wanted to know what exactly they were covering in class anyways and Edward lifted a shoulder in a shrug that clearly stated that he didn’t particularly care but he was at least able to give a definite answer to this one. “Egypt and their magic,” he said. “Hieroglyphics are a pain in the ass though.”

--- rini tsukino

PM
^
rini tsukino
 Posted: 17 Dec 2017, 02:48 AM

N/A

It didn't seem as though her suggestion helped him very much..she couldn't fault him for that, as she was merely spouting off suggestions. It wasn't as though she'd gone into it thinking that her solution would for sure help Edward with his problems. She did wish that she could do more to help though.

"With hieroglyphics you may as well be taking Ancient Runes." In fact, some hieroglyphics probably [i[were[/i] ancient runes, especially if they were written by ancient witches and wizards. She supposed it made sense that they overlapped somewhat, given that they were both classes surrounding the ancient world.

She glanced down at the book that he had. She enjoyed art so she found the hieroglyphics somewhat interesting on that front at least. "Why'd you take Ancient Studies?" She couldn't help but feel a bit curious, given the attitude that he'd displayed toward it so far. It was posed as an innocent question.

In all honestly , Rini was curious as to why he was taking an elective class that he did not seem all that interested in. Had someone pushed him that direction? That probably didn't help matters either (though she felt a bit jealous if it was a parent, given her own situation..)
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 26 Dec 2017, 05:35 PM

N/A

She mentioned Ancient Runes and Edward just shook his head. “You know, Ancient Runes actually sounds more interesting than… this.” Edward heaved a sigh, tilting his head to look at the reading once again, flipping through a couple pages with his left hand - not his dominant side. “Egypt would be great to go visit and learn from actually being there.”

That gave him an idea. “Why isn’t that a thing?” he wondered aloud, golden eyes drifting to the girl, resting his right elbow on the table and cupping his cheek in that hand. Even through the white fabric of the gloves he nearly always wore, he could feel the cold metal. “I mean, with apparition and the Floo Network, shouldn’t we be able to visit more of these ancient places?” It would certainly make Ancient Studies not seem so dusty.

His gaze shifted back to the girl when she asked why he took Ancient Studies in the first place. Blowing out a breath, Edward lifting a shoulder in a seemingly apathetic shrug. “Best way to learn about mistakes people have made in the past again. Isn’t that the key to succeeding in the future? Not messing up as badly as those who came before us did?”

--- rini tsukino

PM
^
rini tsukino
 Posted: 7 Jan 2018, 04:00 AM

N/A

It surprised RIni to hear that Edward thought Ancient Runes would be more interesting than Ancient Studies, because to her it sounded just the opposite. Not that either of them sounded incredibly terrible, though neither of them were her favorite class either. She heard him mention that it would be a lot more fun to actual travel to Egypt, and a grin came across her face. She had to agree with that, and her grin widened even further at his next suggestion.

That actually was a good idea. "You'd think that they could set up something like that. I mean you can't apparate in most of the schools. But still..they could easily set things up with the Floo Network!" What an exciting idea, perhaps they could even do something about it instead of just talking about it. Rini wasn't sure just how serious Edward was being with his suggestion, but she absolutely loved it. Hell, something like that might even get her sister's attention.

She was honestly surprised to hear just how thought out Edward's response to her inquiry was. "Er..yeah, I suppose it is. I'd like to not mess up too badly. I wanna be something that can make people proud." She'd messed up in the past and she knew it. It was the reason why so many parents hadn't adopted her.

But now..she had to make her parents proud of her. She had to prove that she was someone worthy of their love. But what if no matter what they tried they never loved her as much as they loved Serena? Serena was so lovable, and Rini wasn't sure if she could ever live up to that..
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 7 Jan 2018, 06:15 PM

N/A

Seemed like his idea really was a good one. “They should!” he agreed enthusiastically. His position shifted as he became more engaged in the conversation. “Actually being able to see everything that’s being talked about would be so much better,” he said. Edward blew out a breath, though, and settled back into his seat. It would never happen, not with all the different rules and regulations that were in place around the three schools.

She wanted to be something that would make people proud, which led her to not like messing up. “Like what?” he asked, crossing his arms and resting them on the table. “You’re older than me, aren’t you? What are you gonna do with your life after you get out of here?” His choice of wording made it seem as if he saw education as more of a prison sentence than the opportunity to further his own knowledge of magic and all that it implies.

--- rini tsukino

PM
^
rini tsukino
 Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 04:55 AM

N/A

It would be even better if they could travel back in time to see what they were learning about in Ancient Studies, but that would be considerably more difficult to arrange. Time turners could only do so much, and Rini was fairly certain that they probably did not even have time turners that were capable of going back that far.

Setting up a portkey or something with Floo, though? That was a lot more doable. "It wouldn't even necessarily have to be Floo, if they don't want to set something up with that. They could just set up a portkey!" There were plenty of options..and Rini was honestly surprised that they didn't go forth with more of them. Though she supposed the logistics of the whole thing would be a tad difficult with an entire class traveling..they'd probably need permission slips.

Of course Edward had to ask what she planned on doing once she graduated from Durmstrang. "I'm still debating on that, but I want to do something that'll make a difference in the world. What about you?" Making a difference in the world would surely make her parents and family proud.

The only thing was, she hadn't exactly narrowed down what she wanted to do..and she knew that her time was running short. The fact that she was in NEWT classes meant that she at least had some sort of groundwork..and probably needed to research what career courses she could pursue with her classes
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 28 Feb 2018, 01:45 AM

N/A

“I keep forgetting about portkeys,” Edward said, giving a bit of a sheepish grin. “But you’re right, portkeys would be even easier than the Floo.” He knew that after graduating, many young witches and wizards went out and explored the world. Edward wasn’t so sure if he was going to be able to do that. He and Al didn’t have much in the way of funds and working for the Ministry would ensure that he’d be able to travel if he wanted to, or at least that was how it was in the boy’s mind.

She wanted to make a difference in the world and Edward narrowed his golden brown eyes at her. Not in a challenging way, but in a ‘let me study you’ sort of way. “What, like a healer or something? Or someone at the Ministry?” he asked, prodding away to find out more information. If she was going into the Ministry, that would be neat to know someone from school there. But if she wanted to be an Auror, then she was competition. Because that’s how Edward viewed that.

“I’m gonna work for the Ministry,” he said with a grin. “Maybe an Auror or an Unspeakable. Something really cool and important, though. I do know that.”

--- rini tsukino

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.