you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I Said You're Holding Back, Tagged: Takumi
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 30 Jan 2018, 09:54 PM

You've got that "we're in trouble" look.
Most of the time when Kate was dueling, there'd be some sort of excitement. But she could only face the same people and see the same spells so many times. Especially when Cody's wand went flying for what had to be the third time that club meeting.

"You really need to try something different." She said, pushing her bangs out of her face. She knew his style: push and push and push and maybe the other person would mess up. Which meant all she had to do was wait out a barrage and hit the opening she knew was bound to come.

"I'll keep that in mind, kid. It works with other people." he said, retrieving his wand from the edge of the arena where it had been blown to.

Kate felt the back of her neck burn a little bit. They were practically the same age, just off by class. "Don't call me 'kid.' And I'm not 'other people.'" She wasn't asking for much, just that she'd be called Katelyn or Kate at the very least. It never seemed to work with him and Rex though.

She went to the edge of the area and sat crossesd legged on one of the many rocks littering the area, surveying the other club members as they went about their duels. Not many people had come her way today, besides Rex and Cody and a couple of new people. But nothing that had been genuinely interesting thus far.

Kate sat that way for a decent while, crossed legged looking at the other arenas, her wand held loosely in her left hand. She heard footsteps come up from somewhere behind her. Probably Rex. She'd already gone a couple rounds with him as well, and she probably would wake up tomorrow with a lovely bruise for her troubles. But she had still beaten him. "Do you seriously think 'third time's the charm' is gonna work for ya, Rex? It didn't for Cody." She said without turning to see who it was who had walked up to her.

CODED BY ELECTRIC OF SHINE

~*~*~
Tagged: Takumi Sumeragi
Notes: I said you're holding back, she said shut up and dance with me
Outfit: Don't You Dare Look Back
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 4 Feb 2018, 03:24 AM

Duelling club had become a bit more fun this year.

It was almost as if a switch had turned on in Takumi, and it had become an outlet to get rid of all of his...frustration. It also helped of course to have a professional duelist for a brother to show you some pointers over the winter break. So even this first meeting post internship time he was doing much better...though he was still getting beaten.

His latest duel in this meeting had ended with him blown back hitting his head on the wall, and as he mumbled in pain and rubbed it his opponent asked, "I think we're done here Sumeragi... god I expected better from someone who's brother is a top competitor in Asia."[/b]

Takumi's face contorted in an expression that seemed to be an odd combination of a smile and a grimace, " Keep up with duelling news huh? Yeah nah you got the shitty brother."

His opponent had wandered off to challenge someone else, and Takumi got up. He had done pretty well, but he always had an issue with hyperfocusing on small things. His brother had pointed it out when they'd test duelled a few months earlier, [i] "Taku-kun you got to get yourself out of the archery mindset thats whats tripping you up. Relax and don't focus as much." . It was easier said then done.

He walked over to Kate. He had always admired her as a duelist, and he stopped in his tracks when he was accused of being another, "No no no, its me Takumi. " His head still felt extremely...off he must have hit the wall pretty hard, " I think whats-his-face could have given me a concussion...like not really but...wow that Knockjack Jinx came out of nowhere. You seem to be doing pretty well this season though..."

katelyn tannerI found new shiny GIF hunt with Takumi's FC with pineapple hair in the show that made me pick him /sob
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 4 Feb 2018, 11:08 PM

Takumi? Kate swiveled around, not leaving her rock, to see...definitely not Rex. Takumi, then. "Oh. Hi. Katelyn." After her encounter with Evan outside of the dueling club, Kate was trying to make a more conscious effort to remember other people's names.

He was a little more vaguely in mind than Evan had been. She was pretty sure she had classes with him, but given that she had spent a great deal of her time just trying to find classrooms, making friends (or at the very least remembering their names) within the class from the other schools hadn't been at the forefront of her mind.

But here was Takumi, looking a little dazed. "Yeah. You have to keep an eye out for those with him." Rex's style wasn't much different from Cody's...but his jinxes when they connected somehow hurt more. Hence the bruise she was pretty sure she was going to have on her leg in the morning.

She smiled at the complement, her pride puffing up the tiniest amount. With the internship in Britain and staying the extra month at home (which reminded her-she needed to send an owl home so she could figure out what exactly had been going on), Kate's ranking had slipped down, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed after a few more meetings and rounds with other club members. "Thanks. How's it been going for you, jinx withstanding?" She figured she should give him a few minutes after that before asking why he had wandered her way, if it was something outside of the obvious.

~*~*~
Notes: Forgot if I've ever mentioned this: Cody and Rex are based off of two of the Clones from the show.
Outfit: Pack a Punch
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 5 Feb 2018, 05:47 AM

"Yeah Katelyn..." he nodded. He had known her name obviously, "We have a couple of classes together," They were small electives, maybe she didn't pay attention in those.

He gave a smile as he blinked, his head still feeling cloudy from the bump on his head, "Yeah I uhh...god he always is able to beat me always. Like at first I'm able to keep up but he just...bombards me. Its hard to focus on so many things at once."

He picked upa water bottle he had brought with him and took his wand out and mumbled a quick "Glacius" as it froze solid, and he placed it against his head. He was cursing Durmstrang needing to be built to be a stone dungeon.

"I'm doing pretty good. I just came back from internship, I was at a law agency helping a lawyer out. What did you end up doing?" Was he being too familiar? He wanted to take a break and talk a bit to...anyone. And he knew Kate the best out of everyone here...or at least he knew her name at least.

katelyn tanner sorry kind of short
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 5 Feb 2018, 06:42 PM

"Right, right." Classes...classes. "Defense Against the Dark Arts and...um..." She was going to have to get better at remembering those too. Names were great and all, but they weren't going to mean anything if she couldn't remember context.

Rex's style was nothing new to her. It had been a fair amount of misery to figure out, but she knew how he fought. "Well, if you ever duel Cody he duels in basically that same style." Kate gestured off to where he was currently dueling someone else, sending jinx after jinx at another club member. "But honestly with them if you can wait it out there's typically a moment you can attack back." They were both strong duelists...but they were also human. And humans made mistakes.

"Also, it's not so much focus as just...being aware." For her it was just a feeling-almost a sense-that she had. It definitely wasn't just focus. "I know, not entirely helpful. I'm not entirely sure how to word that." she said with a small laugh. Words were hard sometimes.

Although explaining her month away was definitely not hard. "I was at the Ministry, actually. Interning with the Minister." She had actually enjoyed that a fair amount. Filing was dull, but getting to see the different departments and sit in meetings was actually cool. She eyed the water bottle Takumi was now holding up to his head. "You going to be okay to duel later in the meeting Takumi?"

~*~*~
Notes: you're fiiine <3
Outfit: Focus
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 20 Feb 2018, 05:07 AM

Takumis mind suddenly blanked, "Umm...crap I'm not sure what the others are, but I know your face well. I remember Defense Against the Dark Arts though, yes." He shrugged it wasn't a big deal to him.

But he began nodding at Katelyn's suggestions about how to deal with Rex, "Yes of course. I remember the duelling advice my father gave me, a long time ago. He told me battles are rarely won through spells, they're won through making sure the other loses their ability to cast. But I always get overpowered so easily...hard to believe I'm the kid of a world renowned duelist huh?" And apparently the brother of an up and coming one...Takumi felt terrible for kind of wishing Ryoma had failed at following in their father's footsteps so he wouldn't have to hear all the comparisons about how he was obviously his father's son...while no one ever said such things about Takumi.

"I think my issue is I tend to hyperfocus on one part of duelling and get blindsided, and then...fall into a wall." he gave a small laugh,setting the water bottle down, now that his head felt better, "Oh the Minister huh? I...tried getting an internship in the head office but they didn't like me very much. Ended up interning at a law firm instead...It was pretty fun though."

katelyn tanner still short but we're building up.
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 20 Feb 2018, 07:16 AM

It looked like Takumi was doing much better in the names and places department than she was. She really did need to work on that. "Hm. I'll have to pay closer attention in class this week then." Better now than never. It'd be nice if he was in her Ancient Runes class. That one was a bit of a pain at times.

Kate actually hadn't heard that one before. But it did make sense in the case of her two friends and their choice in dueling. "Well, it's not wrong. Your father sounds like he gives good advice." He was the son of a world renowned duelist, huh? She...honestly knew very little about dueling outside of the club. Kate knew very little about a lot of things, and a very large amount about very few things, but it always seemed to work out for the best. "I guess?" she shrugged. "I mean, we're not defined by our parents. Otherwise I'd be literally nothing." That wasn't entirely true. Sure, Kate had no idea who her birth parents were, but she did have Ken. However as of late...something was off. Something she couldn't quite place and hadn't been able to since she had finished her internship.

She was kept from delving too far into that jumbled mess of bad feelings and confusion by Takumi continuing on. Hyperfocusing. Yeah that was what she had nearly done. But in the middle of a duel? "Yeah, you definitely should look at more than one thing. If you're only looking at blocking you can miss the movement that could spell out whatever jinx or hex or whatnot someone's going to throw...and hit a wall." She had definitely been guilty of that a few times. They were few and far between, but it had happened. And hurt. "Definitely try for more aware as opposed to focused...if that makes any sense."

The people in the Head Office's hadn't liked Takumi? Granted, Ed was a bit of a weirdo (not that she'd say that anywhere in the vicinty of anyone that worked there, or Evan), but everyone there had been rather nice once she had gotten to know them. "Well that's good! At least it was something fun. A lot of the head office stuff was filing and coffee. And some other odds and ends. Definitely not want what I want to be doing once I graduate though." Being an auror had much more appeal, and everyone in the department there-when she went there at least-seemed like...like her kind of people. There just hadn't been any more room on the Auror list when she had gone to sign up.

Kate set her wand down and shrugged out of her sweatshirt, leaving it on the rock next to her. "Speaking of something fun," she said with a smile, picking up her wand and landing with a slight thump as she hopped down from her perch on the rock. "Did you want to duel, or keep talking about January?" He seemed less dazed now, and he had set down the water bottle. Those were both good signs. "Only if you're ready to, though." she added hurriedly. Good signs or otherwise, she wasn't him. And she wasn't about to drag someone into a duel they weren't ready for.

~*~*~*~
Notes: =)
Outfit: Too Focused
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 21 Feb 2018, 12:56 AM

Takumi made a face as he tried to strain to remember...maybe the head injury was affecting his ability to remember and then... "Oh yeah Ancient Runes I think. I think I remember you being mad over the amount of homework we had our first week back." You'd think the teacher would let them take it easy after they were all literally working for a month, but apprently not.

Takumi deflated slightly over the word 'sounds'... present tense. "I umm...'sounded' you mean. He died five years ago." It was so weird it'd been that long ago...it'd honestly felt longer that the void was there. "Its okay you couldn't have known...I'm sorry about your family." That was an awkward thing to tell a near stranger, but a genuine one. Especially since it sounded like she didn't remember them at all. Takumi knew that was rough, it was weird enough for him to have no memories of the woman who actually gave birth to him, and to look at photos of her and see a stranger who happened to look similar to him.

Takumi did manage to get his mind off that enough t focus on her next words. "Yeah...I think its cause I'm an archer normally. Thats what I'm an Elite for," he gestured to the white trimmings on his uniform jacket that laid on the floor near his water bottle. "In archery, you have to focus entirely on one target and any distraction will make you miss your mark. But making the mark isn't the important thing about duelling its about knowing what your opponent is doing...really its the same for any kind of duelling. My dad tried teaching me swordfighting too, and I'd always get overpowered easily...god he had no mercy on me at all he used to literally trip me." he gave a small laugh at the memory.

"Yeah see thats why I was so surprised I was so intensively grilled. Like why do you care about the political opinions of the guy getting you coffee?" if opinions about releasing murderers could be called political, "Thats what I got uhh tripped up on." He hoped she wouldn't ask more, and he was quick to take her offer up for the alternative, "Nah we can duel...though now you know all my weaknesses."

katelyn tanner this is so cute -sob-
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 21 Feb 2018, 05:40 AM

Kate's eyes lit up with recognition. "Yeah! What the hell, right?" She knew classes still went on while sixth and seventh years did internships, but that didn't necessarily mean she needed enough homework to create her own mountain range of misery. At least this meant she did have someone in the class to ask about stuff.

The near permanent half smile Kate usually wore vanished at Takumi's correction. Sounded. Not sounds. "Oh geez I'm sorry." So much for that semi interesting dueling conversation. At the mention of her own family, Kate shrugged. 'It's okay. I still have people I'm close to, we're just not family family."

It had torn her up a fair bit when she had found out that not one, but two sets of parents had given her up, but she wasn't alone in the world. She had Ken, and Ophelia, and the other kids. At least...she thought she still had them. They all had been acting weird when she had finally left to properly return to school, and the half penned letters she had attempted to write thus far littered her bed back in the castle. She needed to talk to them, soon, before she had papers and exams to start worrying about.

Kate's eyes flicked to the jacket Takumi had gestured to. She hadn't noticed the stripe originally. But archery. "That's actually really cool." she said. She knew-well, vaguely-ish-how students at the other schools were sorted. Beauxbatons was the most simliar to Durmstrang's, in the fact that it was based on skill and knowledge that you were placed in one area or the other. She was probably supposed to be wearing more formal school attire for dueling club meetings, something that at least marked her as Set 2, but no one had ever stopped her from showing up in anything from work out gear to skirts and tights. "Hmm...if you duel like you prepare for a shot, what do you focus on?" Maybe he didn't have to change his focus too much.

She raised her eyebrow at his final comment about the Head Office, but decided to let it go. Kate wasn't a huge fan of politics; she'd rather be actually doing something. But Takumi also didn't say who he had been interviewing with. Maybe politics mattered more with...whoever he had talked to. He had however, said that he wanted to duel. And that was more interesting than a fuddy-duddy internship any day. <

"Well alrighty then." Kate said with a grin. "And hey, at least you know it's a trouble spot. Maybe you'll figure out a work around." She wasn't the most perfect dueler either. Her run in with Evan-while it had been a bit unorthodox-had proved that.

The dueling area next to the rock was empty, so Kate wandered towards the center of it before another club member could claim it. Dueling at Durmstrang wasn't the same as a professional duel, but some traditions still stood. And as soon as Takumi came to the center, Kate bowed.

~*~*~
Notes: They aaaare omg
Outfit: Time to D-d-d-d-d-duel!
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 22 Feb 2018, 06:21 AM

Takumi smiled back at her, yes it was definitly her who'd been so mad in the class, "If you need any help with runes, I'm pretty good at them. I think spending half my childhood learning kanji made me better at learning how to memorize them." He imagined if you just knew the Latin alphabet it'd be harder to learn to memorize so many logograms.

He just nodded along at her talk about families. Really she couldn't have known about his father, and he was glad she had at least someone. Blood didn't really matter for family anyway, his stepmother had proven that a million times over.

He prepared himself for facing, her, slipping his vest off and untucking his uniform shirt, and looked back at her as he did so, "I tend to focus on what I think is the immediate danger, or where I want to hit next, its hard for me to focus on both. Even when I practice on moving archery topics, they're never trying to hurt me, so..." There were some more belligerent enchanted dummies he had been looking into for practice, but his stepmother was too concerned with him getting hurt...though he WAS an adult now and could buy what he wanted with his fortune.

"Enough talk though..." he said as he returned her bow, "Ladies first."

katelyn tanner
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 01:24 AM

"I may have to take you up on that." While Kate managed to pick up enough of a few languages from a few younglings to introduce or excuse herself in conversations, reading and interpreting runes of the ancient variety was often hit or miss. She did well enough usually, but she wouldn't say no to help if it helped her get caught up again.

Hm. Immediate danger, or next hit. It wasn't something Kate could attribute to something specific. She'd have to see him duel, or in this case, she was going to duel him. "I wouldn't think so...that seems like a complicated enchantment." It probably wasn't, but she was no archer. By Durmstrang standards she was a semi decent Keeper and most of the time a damn good duelist. She wouldn't know if she was any better until the end of the year when the school exams came out, or until her dueling rank changed.

Kate's grin widened, although it looked as if she was smiling at the ground. "If you say so." At least he was sincere about it. Newcomers didn't often take her seriously and 'played the gentleman,' right up until she disarmed them or they landed against a wall. Well, they didn't usually end up against a wall. And Takumi had already had that happen today, she wasn't aiming to do that to him again.

As soon as Kate straightened up, the grin vanished, replaced by a look of determination, and curiosity. This wasn't like it had been with Evan, where she already knew vaguely the level of who she was facing. Nor was it like Bruce, who had never dueled before at all. Takumi was an unknown. A Beauxbaton she had classes with, who interned at a law firm. What to do what to do...

The spell tumbled from her mouth. "Stupify! She hadn't meant to say it out loud. But it was too late now, as the red jet shot towards him.

~*~*~
Notes: just gonna leave this gif here
Outfit: Keep Your Eyes On Me
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 01:53 AM

Takumi simply nodded along to her chatter. He was interested in it, but he didn't want to become distracted, as he tried to formulate some sort of plan in his head. After he allowed her to go first, his anxiously awaited her first move.

"FUCK" he said a ltitle bit too loudly when he heard the first syllable of the spell she chose, enough to turn heads in the duelling grounds. "PROTEGO!" A clear shield bounced over him right before her spell made contact, and he sighed in relief. At least this wasn't a one hit KO, battle, that would have been embarrassing.

"Word of advice if you want to make a living out of this," he said as he broke the shield, "Thats one of the spells my father always told me was the most dissapointing way to end a duel, especially if you do it right outside the gate." Then again his father had been always a very flashy dueller. That was why he had been so famous, he had been such a mixture of style and substance in the field. He was quick to demonstrate one of the spells his father would use to get a laugh out of crowds watching duelling competitions, "Tarantellegra!" The Dancing Feet Spell.

katelyn tanner
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 07:21 AM

Kate raised an eyebrow, and the ghost of a smile returned to her face at his swearing. But at the same time...that really wasn't going to be it, was it? She hadn't asked how long Takumi had lasted against Rex before his duel had ended with a wall. It was a little late now.

The ghost grin vanished as the Beauxbaton threw up the shield charm. Well okay then, not a one and done. Those were boring anyways. Her eyebrow stayed up though. Typically people didn't talk back to her in a duel. Except maybe to swear. That part was still on par. But disappointing? Seriously? "Sue me for being practical. I don't plan on dueling for a living, but I'll keep that in mind." Like quidditch, dueling was a hobby. She knew people made money from it, and that it-like quidditch-gave her the rush the adrenaline junkie part of her loved but...that wasn't what she wanted with her life.

And she still had plenty of time to solidify the not-even-half-baked idea she had for her life after school. Now wasn't that time though. Now was the time to dodge out of the way of the dancing spell. "You could ask a girl first, you know." she muttered. Normally she wasn't this talkative during duels. With a flick of her wrist, her latest spell went towards Takumi with a short incantation.

"Locomotor Mortis!" She wanted to see him dance free of that.

~*~*~
Notes: none atm
Outfit: Shut Up and Dance
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 26 Feb 2018, 04:23 AM

Takumi's brow furrowed as she dodged the spell he cast, and laughed at him for his comments. She had lots of dexterity physically, a great quality in a duelist.

"I've always been a bit nervous asking girls to dance." Okay that sounded much more snarky in his head, he had to wrok on his duel snark.

But he didn't get much time to dwell on that before she threw a leg locking curse at him, and he tried to do as she did and physically dodge, but the curse barely hit him, making his legs stick together, and making him fall back.

But he didn't want this to be the end, and he still could fight, as he rolled over, raising his wand, up, "Expelliarmus!" He could take the time while she was disarmed, to counter-curse his legs, right?

katelyn tanner he's not going down without a fight
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 27 Feb 2018, 02:56 AM

Kate rolled her eyes, her smile returning for the briefest of moments. "This probably wouldn't be it, for future reference." If someone did ask a person to dance via duel she'd be impressed.

The grin was back in a heartbeat as she saw her spell take effect. Takumi hadn't moved quite out of the way in time to escape unscathed. She raised her wand, the disarming spell on the tip of her tongue, when her wand went flying from her hand. "Shhh..."

The rest of Kate's expletive was lost as she sprinted after her wand, which had landed a goodly distance away in the dirt. The other guy from Ken's would never let her hear the end of it if she lost a duel like this. He was much more into the intricacies of dueling than she was. A wand was a tool, a weapon that could spell out fate. And she was not going to lose a duel, wandless, to someone with their legs frozen in place.

Kate skidded to a halt, letting her momentum carry her forward as she scooped up her wand along with a fair amount of dirt. A spell. She needed a spell, whether or not Takumi had freed himself. "Rictusempra!"

~*~*~
Notes: short post be short but this is so much fun omg.
Outfit: This Weapon is Your Life
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.