you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Catching up, Loki Laufeyson/Polly Esther
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 07:12 PM

Loki had come to see a few aquitances here at the school and he had figured that he would also check upon Esther before leaving see how things were going with her. Granted it hadn't been that long since that little publicity stunt but still there were bound to be some news. The first period in a new environment was usually loaded with new information. Besides Loki tended to want to know about the education system and who better to tell him that someone recently exposed to it? Also... He tended to do things for a reason and he wanted to see what could be the next step in this particular case.

Looking around he noted how the weather was truly beautiful. It had been a good idea to meet out here. He had needed some fresh air and he liked the way they gardens looked too. The school grounds keeper was doing a rather good job on being on top of things it would seem.

He finally spotted Polly and moved towards her. Miss Esther... Hello. How are you doing?

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 03:36 AM

N/A

Would somebody please cue that bird?

Even the landscaping was insane here. Or at least magical. Polly had never mowed a lawn in her life, but she could still appreciate how impossible it would've been to pull off something like this anywhere else. It was like taking one of those fancy botanical gardens to the next level, plus dealing with a bunch of rowdy kids trampling everything on a daily basis. And they probably only needed one or two wizards to handle it, here. Crazy.

She might've been thinking about it too much, daydreaming while she admired the view, but she needed a break. Polly felt like she'd been doing nothing but reading and studying for weeks now. She'd probably finished more books during her time here than she had her entire life prior. And willingly, at that. She even had one on her lap now, although she'd given up on it for the moment and let the scenery distract her.

Unfortunately it also seemed she'd forgotten why she'd been waiting here in the first place. "Oh!" Polly jumped to her feet, book tumbling onto the grass, pages spread open. "Ah shhhhoot." She caught herself, flushing for a moment as she recovered the tome, brushing it clean before snapping it closed.

"Hello Mr. Laufeyson." The book was pressed firmly against her body as she swiftly composed herself. "I'm uh...good. Mostly." Polly laughed off the fumble, smiling. Definitely more relaxed than the first time they'd met, even accounting for the little fright she'd just suffered. "How're you? Is everything okay? Am I in trouble or something?" She was speaking rather quickly, as the questions and concerns she had about this sudden visit all rushed to the surface.

"I know I'm, like, really, really far behind, but I'm doing my best. Honest! See?" She hurriedly held out the book she'd recovered, the title displayed. Upside-down. But it was still recognizable as a school book someone a year or two younger than her would be studying.

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 10:03 AM

Seeing the reaction on Esther's part he did feel a pug of guilt. He hadn't meant to startle her like that and he did move faster towards her in case she needed help but it would seem that she could handle herself just fine. That was a positive attribute in a person he thought. You ok? Hope I didn't startle you too much. Well I did evidently, but I do apologize.he offered towards her. After all being polite could take you a long way. While he had heard her almost swear he decided not to comment on it.

When she said that she was mostly OK laughing off her stumbling a few moments ago he laughed softly. That's great to hear. he said towards her and he gave her a relaxing smile when she asked him how he was and voiced her concerns. She did seem a bit less stressed than the last time he had seen her but he could see how one would mistake their meeting meaning that she was in some sort of trouble. Probably she hadn't gotten the memo of his wanting to be involved in things related to education. I'm fine. And you're in no trouble at all. Just had a few meetings here and I figured that I would make sure that things are under way well. I know that beginning school can be overwhelming, probably even more so in a special case like yours.he replied to her.

When she added that she was aware of the fact that she was behind and that she was trying real hard showing him the book she had with her he nodded. that's a good book.he said recognizing it even though it was upside down. We didn't have it in Drumstang when I was a student but I did read it after I got this job and I find it is very good in covering important topics. And don't worry about being behind you'll catch up. It's a diffult thing, what you're doing, but you strike me as a smart girl so I'm sure you're gonna be fine with time.

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 06:26 AM

N/A

Polly shook her head at the initial concerns, more worried about the book she'd mishandled. They were so serious about their books here.

When Loki clarified that she wasn't in any trouble, she visibly relaxed. Letting out a little breath, her death grip on that book easing up. "Okay...good." She nodded, relieved. After a moment she looked down at the book when he gave his opinion on it...eyes widening briefly before she spun it around to be right-side up again.

"Ah, thank you, but..." She blushed, grinning at the compliment. "...you wouldn't say that if you'd seen my grades at real school." Blink. "Normal school?" Blink. Blink. "...mundane school." That sounded right. She definitely wasn't going to use the other M-word she'd heard.

She stopped shielding herself with the book and lowered it out of the way, fidgeting with it in both hands. "I just don't wanna be a charity case again. It didn't look like I was gonna do the whole college thing." And while she'd been planning for years to do the whole rich and famous artist/model/actress thing, Polly wasn't actually foolish enough to think it would be quick and easy. "I can't screw this one up."

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 09:46 AM

The concern about the book itself was something that Loki would had been able to understand really. He was very proud of his own collection and he did remember that when he was a student in Drumstang he'd always have to be extra careful about the books that he borrowed. Not that he wasn't anyway and that he'd wouldn't be able to get away with a little disaster if something happened but still. He remembered being particularly careful when it came to alchemy and potions books cause of these two courses being more prone to something being destroyed. What he was having a harder time understanding was the anxiety about starting school. He had been thrilled to start going to Drumstang and he had felt right at home from the start. Of course his own actual home hadn't done the most impeccable job at making him feel at home so anything better and more filled with opportunity than that would probably have the same effect on his young impressionable mind. Plus he was 11 at the time so there was that too.

Seeing how she relaxed when he mentioned that she wasn't in trouble he smiled to himself. That was something else he couldn't quite relate to, due to the way he related with most, if not all, officials, when he was st school. Of course he could probably understand it if he thought about the events that followed his first encounter with a dementor. He had feared the possibility of getting fired at the time. Still in the school context it was something difficult for him to grasp. When her eyes widened a little after he offered his opinion on the book and she noticed it was upside down and rectified that he chucked a bit though he didn't really think there was anything humorous about a student that seemed to be as anxious as she was about being in some sort of trouble.

Her blushing at his next comment made him wonder. After all it wasn't a compliment it was his honest opinion. Her grin though was something that he understood better. He observed her as she tried to figure out what to call her muggle school. It was something that he had noted himself when he was at school that students thst came from a muggle or partly muggle background seemed to exhibit issues with the word sometimes. He didn't really get why. Well he did given the way in which some wizards used the word. Mundane was a fair enough substitute for the word though. I'm sure you're gonna do better here. Plus with the integration of the schools you're gonna have a lot of opportunities to pick and choose depending on what you're best at. he said towards her. It did occur to him that maybe he would need to explain that part a bit better, he wasn't sure how much of it she had been able to grasp. But that he doubted her smarts or anything but it was a new system relatively and she did have to process a tone of new information at once so...

When she mentioned not wanting to be a charity case again and went on about college and not screwing this up he nodded. He could understand the part about charity perfectly well. Well it's not a charity case I don't think. You've got the opportunity now, something you'd need to have and something we want all wizards and witches to. From here on out it's gonna take hard work on your part. I mean you're not gonna be gifted the progress you make. he said towards her.

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 06:02 AM

N/A

"Thank you for the uh, support." Polly nodded. "There's almost too many opportunities. I would've never thought I could see England, France and...uh, Sweden in the same day." She'd had to scramble and guess on that last one. Was it Norway?

"I'm not sure I should be trying to, like...pick my major before I finish the remedial stuff. You know?" She nodded again as he continued, though. Breaking into a lopsided grin at one thought. "I'm still not sure about the whole 'witch' thing. And besides, uh...do you even have, like...musicians here? I mean real music, not like, old people stuff." Like the things they'd make her play at school, for example

"I was going to start a YouTube channel with my friends soon, we were setting up a Soundcloud, Lucille had a great idea for a podcast, and..." She trailed off, likely seeing the same blank look in Loki's eyes that she'd frequently sported during classes here.

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 22 Apr 2018, 07:46 PM

When Polly thank him for his support mentioned that she wouldn't think that she wouldn't see all these countries at once he nodded with a slight smirk. Well to be honest working with the schools is my passion. he said towards her. Of course that was only part of the truth but she didn't need to know that. Not that it was a lie, but it was only part of the reason why he was here after all. To be honest Beauxbatons is an honorable school and I'm glad you picked it, though I'm a Drumstang graduate myself.

At the mention of picking a major he nodded. It was something that he knew muggle universities had though it wasn't EXACTLY like that in the schools. That makes sense. I mean after getting some more basic things out of the way you'd have a better image of things and you'd know more about what you'd wanna do. when she inquired about musicians he smiled. Well of course there's the music class that's going on here, but there are also bands and musicians and such if that's what you mean. There are different kinds of things that each of us likes like what you're used to. he said towards her.

At the mention of the YouTube channel and the like he looked at her with a blank expression not knowing what she was talking about. He knew a lot of things about muggle educational systems and did appreciate muggle professionals in their own profession but he had absolutely no idea what the things she was talking about right now were. OK what's... That? I mean I've got absolutely no idea what it is, but perhaps if you help explain a bit maybe I could point you at a more appropriate direction for your studies here.

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 23 Apr 2018, 06:01 AM

N/A

"Uh, I didn't really pick it. I'm just technically French, so..." Polly shrugged, not seeming too upset about it. "Hogwarts seems nice...Durmstrang is a little, uh...chilly." She shivered at the thought. "I had to seriously brush up on my French, but that's kinda fun, actually." She grinned.

The comments about music class and magical musicians in general put an odd expression on her face, nose all scrunched up and lips tight. "Mmm. I dunno. Someone told me about the clubs here, but I'm uh...I might be too busy to join right now." She also didn't think they'd be too excited about her trying to join, like the kid who always got picked last for sports trying to hang with the varsity team.

"And I don't think the teachers will, uh appreciate the same kinda music as me." She snorted a little laugh at the idea of some of the staff she'd met so far listening to one of her playlists. Which was another term she'd probably have to explain to people like Loki.

"Uh, oh, well..." She realized he hadn't gotten any of that. "...you at least know what the internet is, right? Online? So you can like...put yourself singing and playing music and talking online for free, and anyone can get it. And if you're good at it, and maybe get lucky, then a rich person or a company or something could see you and give you a job and a ton of money and send you around the world and everything!" Polly seemed excited by the idea, talking faster, squeezing the book tightly to her chest again.

"I don't think you can pull that off with, uh, owls and newspapers and...old timey radios."

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 26 Apr 2018, 07:14 PM

He nodded when she mentioned that TECHNICALLY she was French and that was the reason that she was here and commented on the other two schools and on having to brush up her French. “It can be chilly i suppose. Though to be fair if one should go there they're probably gotten used to the challenges of the weather long before having to go to school. I mean to me it's just normal weather. What about the French part though? Is it creating any issues for you? Though if I judge by that grin it shouldn't.

It seemed odd to him that she rejected the idea of the music class and of the clubs. Well the clubs maybe not as much given that she already had a lot on her plate without extra curricular activities. Still though he had figured that being as excited as she was about music she'd immediately grab the opportunity to go for a music class. He shrugged. It was a matter of perspective he supposed. When he had been in school he'd jump right in the subjects that interested him being very eager to learn and develop, driven by that desire to learn as well as by ambition. But then again he didn't have to cover a handful of missed years so there was that too. There was also the matter that, in the case of the clubs, it didn't even cross his mind that for Polly not being picked was an issue.

When she mentioned that the teachers would probably not appreciate the same music as her he shrugged. Well then... If you don't want to noone forces you. I mean it's an elective class. I wouldn't understand why you wouldn't wanna go but still. he said towards her.

When are tried to explain to him what she meant he tried his best to understand. He did know of the internet and what she mentioned did sound like an... Investment. He couldn't be sure how exactly it would work but each on his own. He snorted when she mentioned not being able to pull it off with the Wizarding equipment. Probably not. he said towards her thoughtful.

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 1 May 2018, 05:00 AM

N/A

"There's been...a few problems. Mostly just like...big words I don't know, and slang. And uh, magical terms and stuff." Polly looked upwards for a moment as she nodded, trying to remember more. "They said my pronunciation is really good, at least. That's what my French teacher said, too." Another grin. "I picked a class I could finally get an easy 'A' in, the first few years are so basic. Guess it wound up being good practice."

More talk about music club turned her expression serious, though. "I can, like, sing pretty good, I guess. And I think I'm a good dancer, but, like...I haven't had any lessons or anything. I wasn't big on band in school, either. Big Al had me play for him sometimes, but...you know..." She trailed off. Her somewhat negligent tutor was likely not held in high esteem by the educator.

"Besides, when I'm playing, like, seriously, uh...stuff happens. You know?" Polly moved one hand off the book to make a familiar wand-pointing gesture. "Stuff. So maybe I should give that a rest until I'm like...ready?" She wasn't sure how else to say it.

"But if you know of a garage band that needs a lead singer, well..." She giggled, noticing his continued confusion whenever she used certain terms. "We could stick to local advertisements, maybe play at the school dance. Dances. Schools dances." Would the after school activities like that also have students co-mingling? "I mean, you do have uh...dances and proms and stuff, right? Right?" Polly seemed a bit worried about the possibility of losing out on the best parts of school, at least as far as she'd been concerned before everything had changed.

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 6 May 2018, 05:22 PM

As she spoke about the language and the issues and good things she had been dealing with with regards to it he nodded. It made sense really, he thought. Of course he had never had any of the problems that she mentioned but her case wasn't like his. "I think you'll eventually get used to the terminology. I mean since it's something you haven't been exposed to before it'd take some time. But it's good that you're making progress. I mean the more you get used to the language again the asier things will be." and then you can focus on more important stuff he thought but he didn't say as much, for whatever reason. Her grin and sense of pride for herself was something familiar though so it could be that that was the reason. Could be.

When her expression turned serious he payed close attention to what she was saying. "Big Al?" he asked. As she went on though his expression became very interested. "Stuff like magic?" he asked. Probably was what she meant? Though magical music was something that he wasn't familiar with. It'd be great though. After all he had developed his own field of magic so he knew first hand that it wans't unpresidented, though it had taken a lot of hard work. Kids that couldn't control their magic also did all sorts of staff so maybe it was something like that? Or maybe she concentrated better through music? All it all it sounded rather interesting if he wanted to be honest. He nodded when she mentioned that maybe she should wait till she was ready. If she meant what he had understood it would be prudent, probably. "Fair enough" was all he said.

He found her excitement amusing and rather refreshing. As she spoke he listened to her with a smile. "Well there's the Winter Ball that happens at Christmas... we do a number of feasts too." he replied to her.

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 10 May 2018, 05:19 AM

N/A

Polly couldn't think about anything 'more important' at the moment. If she actually stopped to consider just how much work she needed to do just to catch up, much less have free time for clubs, she might just give up right this moment!

"Al was my boss...he was supposed to be my tutor." She shrugged. "I guess he wasn't very good at it." Polly nodded at the next question. "Like...flashing lights and colors and stuff. I thought I was just imagining it, like when you can almost see what someone's singing about. It freaked my mom out once, but Al was the only other person who saw it happen, and he never commented on it. So..." Another shrug.

"A ball? Like, with fancy dresses and curtsying and masks and punch bowls and chandeliers and stuff?" The expression on her face was hard to read. Excited but also rather wary. It would be a welcome distraction, but not exactly the style of party she was used to. "...Christmas?" She took a firm grip on that book again, blushing faintly.

"...uh, I uh...did have one question about that..." She shuffled her feet, fidgeting and seeming unsure about continuing. "...promise you won't laugh?" Loki might be able to deduce where she was going with this, if he could approach this context from a Muggle's point of view.

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 10 May 2018, 05:05 PM

Loki nodded at the explanation of who that Al character was. He'd had probably asked for her to elaborate further on what she meant that he wasn't particurlarly good at being her tutor, but he seemed to be far more engaged in her explanation of the weird stuff that happened along with her music. That was trully fascinating he thought and that wasn't something that happened often. "I'd love to explore that further once you've gotten a better grasp of things and you've got the time to take a breath." he offered.

When she inquired about the ball he nodded and smirked. Her expression was a strange one, both excited and warry. He did wonder why that was, but wasn't too bothered by the thought, not really. "Kinda. You'll have to wait and see." he said towards her. When she echoed the word Christmas he nodded. Muggled did still celebrate Christmas right? Or was it an inquiry about wizards having the tradition as well? He decided to go for the latter since he knew that the former was indeed the case. "Yep. Surprised we celebrate that?" he inquired.

When she said that she had a question and asked him to promise to not laugh he nodded. "Go on. I won't laugh, you have my word." he said towards her. Lacking a meassurable muggle perspective for most things he didn't know what Polly was getting at, though he did entertain the idea that she wanted to ask if Santa was indeed real and was some super rich wizard that wanted to troll muggles and give joy to the world at the same time. He waited patiently however and since that was the most amusing question he could think of given the context he was fairly certain that he would be able to hold his laugh no matter what Esther had to offer.

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 21 May 2018, 09:03 AM

N/A

"Kinda surprised. I mean, I didn't think magic and religion would get along very well. But, uh..." Polly hesitated for another moment, before finally getting on with it. "...is Santa real? Or, like, any part of that?" She immediately tried to defend her position. "I mean, if dragons and unicorns and elves and stuff are real, and owls deliver mail, presents delivered by an old guy with a beard doesn't seem crazy!"

"...wait, explore what? Music?" She needed to make sure she had a way to quickly move away from the Christmas topic, in case things took an unfortunate turn.

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 21 May 2018, 09:00 PM

He smiled a bit when Polly mentioned that she hadn't expected that magic and religion would be doing well. It wasn't the first time that he heard something like that. Many wizards are also religious. Granted magic and relegion have a...long history between them, but still.he said towards her.

He had to admit that despite having figured the question that she did ask to be the most amusing option given the context it still caught him a bit off guard that it was indeed the one she went with. However he kept true to his word and didn't laugh. Afraid he's not a real person still. To be fair though aooeration would had probably explained a few things. he replied to her. Unicorns I think was the biggest surprise for me when I first saw one. Marvelous creatures and no amount of reading about them can prepare you for how magnificent they are. he added. He was rather amused really though he did keep a serious enough tone as he spoke.

polly esther

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.