you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A walk in the gardens, Theresa / Jim
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 26 Sep 2017, 03:44 PM

Jim loved the gardens. He loved everything about the school for that matter and even more so since he finally managed to get the school to set up a technomancy position. He no longer had to teach in his office. Well he did when students needed help, the door to his office was always open, but he could teach it officially in a classroom and that made him very happy.

Walking this morning he took in the scenery even though he had seen it many times over the years. He smiled to himself as he observed some of the students taking it easy. From afar he could hear the quiditch practice and he laughed to himself. No matter how many times he heard them he couldn't believe that once upon a time he was part of so much noise.

Sitting down underneath a tree he opened his book and started reading. One of his students had suggested it and it was proving to be rather interesting. The science of it seemed a bit rudimentary but it was still fascinating.

theresa kore
PM
^
theresa kore
 Posted: 26 Sep 2017, 06:49 PM

N/A

Theresa had managed to finish moving back into her living quarters in Beauxbaton. Felt weird to be here. She raised a hand to her face as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Those blue eyes staring back at her, she didn’t feel like herself. She turned to pick up one of her favourite novels as she turned to exit her living quarters.

The gardens were quiet and Theresa couldn’t help but smile as she moved slowly. She was happy as she walked among the beautiful gardens. She felt like a child, her eyes on the sky and clouds, which probably explains why she managed to trip over someone’s outstretched legs. She grunted as she hit the ground, before she quickly turned to apologize to whoever she had tripped over, before she realized she knew the person.

”Shit, I am so sorry, Jim... I totally was not paying attention...”
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 27 Sep 2017, 08:28 AM

Being distracted by reading he didn't notcied Terra till it was too late and she had tripped over him. Being clumpsy the fact that she would trip over something didn't surprise him, but still he felt bad about it since it was him she tripped over and he became concerned for her well being. He got to his feet and went over to her as she apologized. "Don't worry about it. Are you ok? Did you hurt yourslef? I'm sorry, I didn't see you before." he said towards her hoping that she was alright and offering his hand to her to help her get on her feet.

As a student he had been alright at divination, not incredibly skilled at it but not bad at it either, though much like with most courses he had to try very hard to be on the same level with other students. Transmutation was one of the few courses he seemed to do naturally good at and he was a very skilled tachnomancer, though for the former he wasn't quite certain if that was his own skill or his teacher that had guided him with patience and care and the fact that he was paired up with the person he had been. Probably a combination of those things. At any rate he admired Terra's skill in divination and he knew that he had a lot to learn from her. For the time being though what he cared about was making sure that she was alright.

theresa kore
PM
^
theresa kore
 Posted: 28 Sep 2017, 06:33 AM

N/A

Theresa was a bit of a clutz. Tripping over someone wasn’t exactly surprising for someone like Theresa. She couldn’t help but smile brightly as Jim immediately stood, noting that she had tripped over him, before the questions started. She took his hand as she brushed herself off with a gentle laugh,”Well, I guess you could say, I didn’t see that one coming… The irony…”

Theresa wasn’t exactly the best at Transmutation, but she did enjoy the subject. It was certainly a fascinating subject although she was certainly better at Defence Against the Dark Arts and Divination. She looked up to Jim as a professor and as a mentor. He was one of the few who didn’t seem to find Theresa all that odd and that made Theresa all the more confident in herself and her work.

”I’m alright, maybe a grass stain or two but nothing really too damaging…” Theresa grinned at Jim with a brilliant smile,”Long time, no see, old friend… How’ve you been, Jim? How was your summer?” She brushed off her book before looking to Jim,”Hope I didn’t interrupt your reading at all…”

jim hawkins
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 28 Sep 2017, 01:32 PM

When she spoke as she brushed herself Jim couldn't help but burst into laughter. She wasn't scared to make fun of herself he had to give her that. It was one of his favorite qualities in her too. He looked up to her abilities as much as she did in his own and was very happy to have her a colleague. She was talented at her field and he thought her ad an exceptional teacher and a good person. Granted the latter he considered to be a requirement for one to be a good teacher.

When she assured him that she was OK he smiled at her. " Summer was good, elbeit hectic as usual. We did manage to go into vecation though. I'm pretty sure my husband would have that even if he had to drag me there. It was lovely really. How about you?" when she mentioned the interruption of his reading he waved his hand wanting to dismiss her concerns." Didn't interrupt at all. I mean I'd always rather talk to people, reading can wait for later. " he said towards her. After all it was personal leisure and not preparation for a class so...

theresa kore
PM
^
theresa kore
 Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 02:46 AM

N/A

Theresa couldn’t help but laugh with Jim as he burst into laughter at her quip against herself. Did it help to be annoyed? No. Where was the fun if you couldn’t laugh at yourself? You needed to have a good sense of humour, least in Terra’s mind. She was almost grateful to be around someone who actuated wanted to be around her… She pushed whatever annoyance from her mind as she tried not to focus on something that had been bugging her for months now…

She chuckled, laughing gently as she smirked at the older man,”Sounds like quite the summer… Least you could go on vacation… It’s nice to get away for a while…” Theresa couldn’t help but feel her face fall slightly before she pushed a smile on her face as she spoke,”I actually went home to California for a few weeks to spend some time with my father…”

That wasn’t a lie, but Theresa had what she had thought was something more then a summer fling but clearly not. She hadn’t heard anything from the man for over three months and he had even been working at the school! THREE MONTHS! She was a bit peeved, but she was still trying to get over it. She hadn’t spoken to anyone about it and she was trying to keep it that way… She smiled gently as he spoke,”Good, I’d ask if you if you want to sit, but I was going to take a walk around the garden, would you like to join me?”

jim hawkins
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 05:55 AM

Jim enjoyed being around Theresa. He felt that she didn't take herself too seriously and he liked that in a person. Plus her weirdness was refreshing and something he didn't mind at all. When she commented on the summer arrangements he thought there was something there she wasn't telling him. After all you didn't go through being a teacher for as many years as he had without being able to understand when something was bugging the person he was talking to. It was very much fun. he admitted about his own summer. It was fun indeed to get away for a while and he valued everything he did with his husband. After all the man was his sweetheart from school and he loved him and what they did together to this day and he predicted that he always would.

When she suggested that they would take a walk he smiled brightly and nodded. That sounds lovely. I'm sitting on my butt a lot of hours a day and some walking sounds like a great idea. he said towards her.

As they started walking he turned towards her and assessed her before talking. He wasn't sure if she wanted to talk about it but he figured he'd offer if she did, but he didn't want to be pushy and annoy her. You know... Couldn't help but notice you don't seem overly excited about your summer. Did something go wrong? Is everyone alright? he asked her.

theresa kore
PM
^
theresa kore
 Posted: 18 Oct 2017, 05:40 AM

N/A

She was almost glad Jim agreed to a walk. She had been feeling anxious and having a hard time allowing herself to relax… That was a bad sign in Theresa as it often meant she was thinking way too much… She needed to calm down, but she was still angry and peeved at the whole thing. She stepped into place beside Jim as they began walking, in no real direction or distance in mind. Theresa was just glad to be out…

Theresa looked to Jim, before her hand raised to her neck, rubbing it gently before she chuckled gently with a grin,”You noticed that, hey?” She took a deep breath before she shook her head with a soft sigh. She looked down at her hands before she started,”I mean, My dad and I haven’t exactly been on the best foot since my mother passed on, so it’s safe to say, it was certainly an awkward few weeks, but that got better… but…”

She huffed before her mouth opened and she couldn’t help but spill,” I met someone… Back in like March and well, we had a thing… I thought that there was something there… There was a connection, that feeling you get when you know that they are someone you want to be with… And…” She huffed again she rolled her eyes,”It’s been two months and absolutely nothing from him… No texts, no phone calls, no visits, not even a letter… And the worst part is he works here at Beauxbaton! I’m gonna have an impossible time not thinking about this and shit, I’m so screwed, Jim..”

jim hawkins
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 18 Oct 2017, 07:48 PM

As they walked Jim felt an odd sense of relief and familiarity in talking with Theresa. She could be ... strange, but she was very easy to talk with. Jim thought himself as a bit of an odd ball as well, so maybe that was why. At any rate, as she stated talking he listened to her intently and gave her a reassuring smile. It was good to hear that things were becoming better with her father, and yet he could almost feel the "but" coming right as it did. As she spoke he shrugged lightly. He did understand full well the feeling she was describing about being with someone that you want to be with. That had been exactly how his husband had made him feel since they started being together. It had been effortless and just ... right.

"It sounds like... a mess." he commented instantly regretting it. "Saying that isn't very useful or original is it?" he continued scratching the back of his head. "I think that ... your dad and you will find a way eventually. I mean, I know my mother and I did and I wasn't exactly the easiest child to deal with when I was younger, and admitedly I was responsible for added worries on her after my dad passed." he offered and considered the second issue. "As for our ... wondefully considerate collegue I'm not sure what to tell you. I mean ... to me a good relationship is the every day things, how everything you do affects the other person... it's just comfortable. Can't say I've known a romantic relationship that wasn't like that, at least first hand... I mean my husband is the second person I've ever dated and had been my friend since we were like 13... and frankly with us it had been right since... Sorry, this is probably not the kind of thing you want to hear right now." he paused for a second before talking again. "Was there any indication during the time you spent together that he was only interested in something... short term and ... frivolous?" he asked.

theresa kore
PM
^
theresa kore
 Posted: 13 Nov 2017, 06:43 AM

N/A

Theresa felt like she was almost speaking to an older brother, Jim had always made Theresa feel right at home, despite everything. She felt as if she could speak with him just about everything. Love had never been the easiest thing in the world for Theresa. She had many boyfriends, yes, but many had used her either in order to get to her father or at her money or just used her in general. Honestly, Theresa hadn't exactly had the best of luck with men. Not that she had been trying to get into a relationship when she had met Sully, It sort of just happened.... and now she felt like she had been stupid to even consider a relationship....

Theresa couldn't help but snort and laugh at Jim's comment before she shook her head at the man,"No need to apologize, unfortunately that is exactly how I would put it..." She smiled softly as he spoke about his own mother, before she nodded,"After my mother's passing, my father had thrown himself into his work, which I completely understand, but I just wish he had been there more after her passing, rather then more distant... I'm sure it will... I'm going to try and go home over the holidays for Christmas, but we'll see if I can afford it..."

Theresa couldn't help but chuckle again as Jim spoke of Sully. She knew it was not something to really ask about, but she was unsure and she had just needed to get it off her chest. She was just angry and needed someone to tell her she wasn't crazy for feeling in such a way. She was turning into a teenager again, by Zeus, she really needed to pull herself together. She merely smiled before she shrugged,"I don't mind... Nice to hear that you found your happy ending... Just wondering if mine will come at some point during this lifetime, or if I'm gonna have to buy more cats..." The tease in her tone was clear, but she was half tempted to believe that... Theresa released a soft sigh before her head tilted with a sigh,"I never got the impression that he was interested in anything short term... I hadn't exactly been playing easy with him and had been determined not to get to know him at first.... He seemed like he had been in it for the long haul, but.... Hades if I know anymore... I should probably just forget it ever happened..." Ok, maybe she was sounding a bit pessimistic, but honestly, she didn't know what more to do....

jim hawkins
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 14 Nov 2017, 10:52 AM

Walking side by side with Theresa and talking with her he felt an odd amalgamation of emotions surging through him and each demanded his attention. It was difficult to explain them all, which was strange in itself even though it also made sense at the same time because they came from different places and as a response to different stimuli. As she spoke he listened to her carefully and he nodded along. He wanted to hug her and offer her comfort so as they'd walk he placed his arm that was on her side around her shoulders. He smiled at her when she mentioned that she was glad that he had gotten his happy ending and gave a small laugh at her comment on the cats. I love cats. So elegant creatures... Huge snobs though. he said towards her.

As she went on mentioning forgetting g the event ever happening he frowned slightly. Well to be fair it's his loss. It's totally up to you what you'll do with this event, but frankly I'm sure that you'll find someone that will appreciate what they've got... And well while forgetting about it seems like a better choice now you can learn from it he replied to her.

Jim thought she was a wonderful person and he considered her a good friend and he loved her deeply though in a completely platonic way. He had meant what he said that he was sure thst she would find someone thst wouls appreciate what they would have with her and he knew thst when thst happened he would be as happy for her as she was for him being happy.

theresa kore
PM
^
theresa kore
 Posted: 21 Nov 2017, 08:04 PM

N/A

Theresa knew how emotions could cloud one's judgement... Perhaps she hadn't seen the signals, simply because she refused to let herself see them... That made logical sense right? She was thinking with her heart rather then her brain and perhaps that is what led to this happening... Not that Theresa had ever led with her head... She followed her heart with a conviction that her heart would never lead her wrong. Perhaps some may find that odd, but that was Theresa for you... She was a few fries short of a happy meal, by "normal" people's standards... Whatever the hell normal was...

Theresa chuckled with a soft snort, leaning into Jim as his arm wrapped around over her shoulders. She couldn't help but nod as Jim spoke for his love of cats,"Complete agreement on my end... My two current assholes are spoiled rotten... Love them to bits, but total snobs..." Theresa could not help but smirk as she watched him. "Thanks Jim, this makes me feel a whole lot better..."

Theresa looked to Jim, her eyes on where she was going, but her mind was on Jim's words. She knew he was probably right but she couldn't help but feel like forgetting about the whole thing was a better course of action... Least until she was ready to deal with it... Not that she was sure she ever would... "You're probably right... Everything happens for a reason, I suppose is what everyone would say, right?" Theresa couldn't help the soft tease in her voice. She knew it was true, but dealing with it was difficult, especially with romance... Wow, she was really bad at this, wasn't she?

"Thank you for your help, Jim... Always feel a shit ton better after getting it off my chest..."

jim hawkins
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 22 Nov 2017, 06:46 PM

There was something simply comfortable in the relationship they had with Theresa and it made Jim happy to call her his friend. He deeply cared for her really and he was happy to be there for her. She wasn't what one would call normal but Jim wasn't the most normal of people either and frankly he found the word to be overestimated. Nobody was truly normal in his opinion. It was a standard, an ideal, that didn't truly correspond to something he figured.

As she chuckled leaning onto him he couldn't help but offer a small laugh at her that became deeper as a result of her words. When she said that she felt better as a result of their time together, at least that what he assumed she meant by this He smiled at her. that's good to hear.
I'm happy to be able to help in any way I can.
he offered truthfully. The people around him where very important to him and he was happy to help them out any way that he could so hearing that he did sent a thrill through him.

When she spoke again he nodded at her words and chuckled a bit. I'd think so yeah. he said. Of course it was easier to say that for a bad ending of a relationship compared to other things. Things might happen for a reason but he failed to see the reason behind losing his father when he was a child... He failed to see the reason for many bad thing s in life. He shrugged and focuses his attention back at her dragging his mind away from the painful memories. I'm glad. You can always talk to me if you need something... Or just get things out of your system. I'm always happy to be here for you. he replied to her.

theresa kore
PM
^
theresa kore
 Posted: 5 Dec 2017, 06:00 AM

N/A

Comfortable wasn’t a word Theresa would use in regards to relationships, but it seemed to define his relationship with Jim quite well. He was among the few whom she had actually felt like there was a connection. That she could spill these kinds of things to Jim and she didn’t feel odd or strange. She wasn’t normal, Theresa could tell you that herself, but what was normal? Theresa wanted to be normal, not crazy or odd, until she learned that being odd made her her. It turned her into the woman she was today… and that’s all she ever wanted to be…

She smiled gently as he offered his comments. ”Can’t promise I won’t come, needing more advice to avoid punching his lights out if I ever see him…” She could not help but smirk with a gentle laugh. She leaned closer to Jim before she released a soft sigh of relief having gotten that off her chest,”Lovely day, isn’t it?” She knew that was probably a bit of an odd thing to comment on but Theresa was never the best at small talk.

Theresa looked to Jim as he spoke, laughing gently with a soft nod of her head,”This offer extends to you as well… I am quite a good listener… Well, according to my cats, but don’t take their word for it…” She chuckled at her own joke. She was glad to be out and about… This was good for her…

jim hawkins-VIAJERO
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 5 Dec 2017, 07:09 AM

When she spoke mentioning that she couldn't promise that she wouldn't come for advise in order to avoid punching the man's lights out he laughed gently. You're more than welcome to. Though I can't promise that I won't advise for a punch in the nose when you do. he replied with a gentle and teasing smirk on his lips. When she leaned closer with a sigh before talking again his expression softened. She was a good friend and he truly loved her and offering comfort to her. It truly is. I love being outside if I want to be honest. he said towards her. Plus her company made things even more enjoyable for him.

When she extended the offer to him as well he chuckled as a result of the way she did. Well... If your cats vouch for you it's enough for me... Besides if they can tell me what they feel I'm pretty sure that if they're capable of telling me how I feel you're rich no matter how subjective what they're saying is. he teased.

theresa kore - - ooc: Jim's name has changed to Jim hawkins-viajero
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.