you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Attano, Corvo, Corvo from Dishonoured
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 08:49 AM

N/A

Corvo Attano

Basics

Name

Corvo Attano

Member Group

Ministry of Magic

Pref. Pronoun

He/him/his

Face Claim

Matthew Daddario

Sexual Orientation

Panromantic Asexual

Career/Schooling

Occupation

Auror

Workplace/School

Ministry of Magic; Hogwarts

Class

Slytherin Alumni

Magic

Blood Status

Muggleborn

Wand

Ebony, unicorn hair, 13"

Boggart

Corvo's boggart takes the appearance of masked figure, bones bent at odd angles with blood dripping on the floor. It is the manifestation of what Corvo may one day become if he follows the path of vengeance, giving into the more sinistar side of all that he is capable of. This creature has a vague likeness to Corvo's handsome face, however it is almost otherworldly and occult in appearance.

Patronus and memory

A beautiful raven. When summoning his swift patronus, Corvo brings up memories of his late girlfriend Jessamine. They shared many magical moments throughout their years at Hogwarts and even after, which were some of the happiest times of his life. In fact, Corvo cannot remember being as happy since then, and the young wizard still clings to these memories.

Dementor-induced memory

Corvo has always hated dementors, especially since they make him relive Jessamine's death. The feeling of being unable to save her, how useless it had made him feel, and how Corvo had not been good enough to protect her. If only Corvo had been home sooner, then she and their unborn daughter would still be alive.

Mirror of Erised

If Corvo looked upon the Mirror of Erised, he would see himself standing with Jessamine with their unborn daughter, Emily. The small family would look back towards Corvo, smiling happily.

Player

Alias

Luka

Timezone

AEST

Contact

PM or Skype

Other Characters

This is my first character

PERSONALITY

Corvo is quite determined, who will never give up on what he believes in. Ever since he was a child, Corvo has always been a hard worker, often putting his work before his own wellbeing. Corvo does not allow himself to get too close to people for the fear that they would be ripped from his arms and there would be nothing that he could do to save them. Corvo does what he is told, even if there might be some resistance, he will still work with pride and in a determined manner after his initial anger has passed. Not only is he strict with himself, but Corvo is strict with those around him. He trusts in the rules placed by those in higher power, knowing and understanding that they are there for the safety of everyone. Corvo has a habit of liking to be in charge, in fact he prefers to be in control of his life and what goes on around him. Most of the time, what he wants and what is best for others does not always line up, which can be annoying for Corvo. He will follow orders, but that does not mean that Corvo will not state his opinion and remain quiet on the matter. He is quite opinionated, who always likes to have his voice heard because in his eyes, it is the most important commitment to the conversation at hand.

One of Corvo’s drawbacks is that he is the type to hold grudges, even after years he never forgives and he most definitely never forgets wrongdoings that have been done to him. Every action that Corvo makes is calculated and for a deeper reason, usually for his own personal gain of that of his people. Corvo is a firm believer that those who do wrong should be treated with a similar level of punishment, and thus, would accept the punishment given to him if he himself did the wrong thing. Corvo accepted that everyone can be faulty – including himself – but he also believes that people can be worked on and improve. Since Jessamine's death, Corvo takes all the good in his life and appreciates them to no end. He holds those close to him in very high regard, and would always protect them in any way that he knows how to. Corvo is grateful to those around him that have been with him through thick and thin, and would never forget any good that has come his way. Unfortunately, Corvo finds it difficult to forget the bad as well. He can become quite possessive of people close to his heart to protect them from the dangers of the world. In fact, he can become a little too protective, almost sugar coating life for them so that they do not have to face the same hardships that he has.

This young man is cunning, and is continuously planning his next move, always watching and waiting for the right time to strike. He often uses lies and evasion in order to meet his ends, Corvo is deceitful by nature no one can really blame him. Well, of course they can, but Corvo won’t let that bother him. Corvo is resourceful, he can easily assess situations and adapt quickly in order to surpass them. When speaking to some people, especially when angry, Corvo can be quite harsh at times, saying things that he may or may not regret later. Corvo tends to hold onto anger, seldom letting it out. He is like a bomb waiting to explode, and if someone pushes him over his limits, then the man may do things that he would never do in his usual state of mind. Some people can tell that Corvo is a tortured soul and has lost much, but others find him more difficult to read as his general demeanour is cold. He does not like people to know what he is thinking or feeling, rarely showing emotion and keeping a calm mask on at all times, even though he might be breaking inside.

HISTORY

Corvo was born into a small family in the poorer part of London. Both his parents and older sister were muggles, and Corvo did not really show any signs of being a wizard himself until he had grown. Even as a child, Corvo had an affinity for hiding in places that he shouldn't be able to get to, his parents brushed it off as pure skill and mischievousness, but Corvo felt like it was more than that. At the age of 11, an owl with a his invitation to Hogwarts arrived. Naturally, his parents were wary, but they eventually came through and took their youngest to Diagon Alley. Corvo was excited, he had never really been good at maths or anything while at school, and now he would be able to explore a whole new world. Of course, Corvo was a little frightened, but the people in the magical shopping district were kind and willing to help him and his muggle parents. For his pet, Corvo chose a male barn owl whom he named Nym, which would allow him to contact his family throughout his years at Hogwarts. Before the year began, Corvo took it upon himself to do some reading about Hogwarts so that he had some idea of what he was getting himself into.

Upon his arrival at Hogwarts after the long train ride, Corvo was nervous. He was slightly smaller than the other boys who stood waiting to get sorted into their houses. Luckily, Corvo was a fast learner and it did not take long for him to keep up with what was going on. After sitting in front of the great hall with the sorting hat on his head, Corvo was sorted into Slytherin. He didn't know how to feel about this, choosing to keep his muggleborn status a a secret from many of the more pretencious students. Throughout his first few years at Hogwarts, Corvo found that excelled at defence against the dark arts and potions. It wasn't until Corvo was 15 that he met a young Jessamine Kaldwin. She was in Ravenclaw and the year below him, but the two became fast friends. It wasn't long until the two started dating, their personalities complementing each other almost perfectly.

As Corvo grew older, his interest in becoming an auror grew, while Jessamine wished to become an Unspeakable and become involved with the department of mysteries. Once Corvo had graduated he began his training as an auror, moving into a small apartment. After Jessamine graduated, she joined him. The couple made a home of their small apartment, both working towards their dreams. When Corvo was 19 years old, Jessamine fell pregnant. Corvo loved Jessamine with all of his heart, but he was apprehensive when it came to being a father. As a muggleborn, Corvo had access to the muggle health care system which he felt was far superior to the wizadring world. He only wanted Jessamine to have the best care possible. When she was far enough along, the young couple were told that she carried a girl, in which they decided to name Emily.

Despite the happiness and growing excitement that Corvo felt, he always did not feel good enough to do such a thing. They were both so young, Corvo was a little confused as to what he wanted and poured himself into his work. However, this would be his downfall. One night while waiting for Corvo to return home from the ministry, a masked figure had broken into their apartment. The strange man somehow knew that Jessamine was an unspeakable in training, thinking that he could bend her weak mind to his will to find out any information that he could. Not only was Jessamine young, but she was also fairly new to her career and in a vulnerable state of mind. However, Jessamine was stubborn and would never tell a stranger any secret information, even then she was only in training so of course she did not have the information the masked figure sought. By the time that Corvo returned home, Jessamine lay dead on the floor, dark lifeless eyes staring at the ceiling.

Distraught from her death, Corvo's mind was clouded, he could not think clearly nor could he bring himself to stay in the home that they had built for themselves. Naturally, the case was issued through to the department of magical law enforcement and Corvo was not involved. He had direct ties to the victim, was a witness and a possible suspect. Once the culprit had been caught, the masked figure was revealed to be a dark wizard by the name of Daud, who was sentenced to a lifetime in Azkaban. Corvo's friend Oliver had to physically restrain him, or else the young auror would have attacked and killed the murderer of his long-term partner in front of the ministry itself.

Pushing forward, Corvo managed to finally complete his training as an auror. While Jessamine's death still weighs heavily in the back of Corvo's mind, it only made him more determined to hunt those that harm the wizarding world before they can kill again.

CONNECTIONS

Name: I kept Corvo's canon name. Corvo is the Italian and Portugese word for crow/raven.

Patronus: Corvo's patronus is a raven, which I believe ties into both his name and the fact that crows are known to be intelligent, cunning creatures who are often associated with bad omens and witchcraft.

Occupation: In the game Dishonoured, Corvo is the both the royal protector of Empress Jessamine and a skilled assassin. Corvo is a skilled auror and hunter of evil wizards, to feed his lust for the hunt along with defying those who think that all Slytherins are inherently evil. This allows Corvo to put his ambition and resourcefulness to good use, while also bringing those who do wrong to justice. Corvo finds out as much information as he can about his chosen targets, before stealthily hunting them down and bringing them back to the ministry. As an auror, Corvo must not kill, but sometimes there are situations where this cannot be helped.

The Kaldwins: In canon, Corvo was the personal bodyguard of Jessamine Kaldwin, and the father of Emily Kaldwin. In my rendition of Corvo this still stands true, however I have brought Jessamine's death forward and also killed Emily as a baby. I did this because I want Corvo to be alone and also I wanted to make him younger than he is in game.

Daud: Daud assassinated Jessamine Kaldwin and kidnapped Emily in canon.

I'll never shake away the pain
I close my eyes but she's still there
I let her steal into my melancholy heart
It's more than I can bear

FRIENDS

Corvo doesn't really make friends and tends to keep to himself. However, Oliver (The Outsider) would be one of the few that Corvo would consider to be a friend. Corvo keeps his guard up, and while he may have many acquaintances, it takes quite a bit to get to know the real man behind the mask.

LOVERS

Since Jessamine's death, Corvo has not pursued any relationships with anyone. Even though it has been years now, Corvo cannot bring himself to betray her in such a way. However, Corvo knows that she would want him to be happy.

ENEMIES

Corvo does not have any enemies personally, apart from Daud who is now locked up in Azkaban. He despises dark wizards and anyone who kills or threatens the peace of wizarding society.

OTHER

Corvo is a master legilimens and is intermediate in occulmency.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Sigyn !
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 07:52 AM

N/A

Accepted
Welcome to
Bombarda Maxima!

Great to have you on the site Luka!

Corvo seems well balanced and well thought out from this overview we have here, and I particularly like the depth you've gone into with his personality, showing us both his positive and negative qualities - he seems really well rounded and realistic which is always fantastic to see. We have a good band of aurors on the site to support him through his loss too, and a handful of villains for him to take on as well, so he should definitely have his hands full as he settles into Bomb!

post in the claims board, and then reply to your app when you're done to get your member group changed so you can start posting!
PMEmail
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 11:54 PM

N/A

Omg, so I know I have already added you on Skype and we totally just had a bonding moment, but I still wanted to do this soooooo

WELCOME TO BOMB, LUKA!!!!!

Ok, now that that is out of the way, I can throw my characters at you!

Corvo Attano & Rayne:

Oh goodness so, Rayne is Rain from Spirit (which you're already aware of), but She's a bit of an interesting character. I think they could probably meet at some point. Rayne will probably pick up on his determination and might find it as a good trait. She is the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts so if Corvo ever decides to stop by, he would probably run into her at some point. Rayne is a complete rebel. She blows up school property (on purpose "That was one time!" Totally wasn't.), goes out on midnight flys on her broom, and has a school file about as thick as a textbook. I see Corvo may find Rayne a bit odd, because Rayne doesn't sugar coat anything and she'd probably give him a bit of sass, because she's a serious sass child... I honestly don't have too much of an idea for plots
between the two, but I'm sure we could find something....

And I will throw Theresa up in a second...
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 01:30 AM

N/A

rayne soquili thank you lovely <3

I don't see why Corvo would return to Hogwarts, unless he was visiting some of his old professors in his down time. Otherwise he may be there because he was called in for some auror business or as a guard for an event of some sorts. I'm not really sure. Inviting an auror to talk to the kiddies about the importance of defence against the dark arts would always be interesting and informative, that is if she can convince him to come. I'm not entirely sure, tbh.

In regards to Rayne's sassiness, Corvo would not be amused. He is quite serious as I'm sure you have already worked out for yourself!
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 02:25 AM

N/A

Corvo Attano <3 You are very welcome, new bestie

I do see Rayne hearing about him and possibly deciding to contact him more out of,"Hey this might be fun to see." I'm not too sure how she would have gotten him there, but she would probably be very surprised that he actually came.

I think Rayne is gonna bug the living hell out of him, because she's a total rebel and he's very serious and tight lipped... I can not promise she isn't gonna tell him that there is such a thing as relaxation... These two are gonna be interesting.

Corvo & Terra:

So, Theresa is my Beauxbaton Divination Professor. If Corvo would ever meet Terra, I think he's gonna be really taken back, because she is a seer, so she can see the past and future. She tends to have visions and tends to learn every single secret about a person. She would probably have seen his wife's and unborn child's death, not that she would actually say anything, cause she's not the type of person to say,"Oh your wife and kid died, that sucks.."

Corvo probably will not like her cause she is just weird...

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 05:46 AM

N/A

rayne soquili I think we should go with the Rayne/Corvo idea first. Again, there is no reason for Corvo to be at Beauxbaton either. Perhaps Rayne sends him an owl with her request? Or a text? Do wizards have phones yet?
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
edward nygma
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 03:13 PM

Yo Luka! Let me throw my boys at you!

Edward & Corvo Attano

This here is my soon-to-be Riddler, master criminal extraordinaire (and yes he did give himself that title). It would have to be future threads because he's not doing that sort of thing right now, but if you fancied it we could do something with Corvo as an auror coming after my Riddler? He generally does very theatrical and over the top crimes, so it's more about the performance than the act itself, so that's always fun =P. If you want to do anything in this area let me know. If not, he's currently the Chief of Staff to the MoM in the British Ministry so we could do something with that too.

Phoenix & Corvo

I also have my lawyer, Phoenix Wright, who could probably work with him too? If Corvo's ever working on something as an auror that he might want to co-ordinate with a defence attorney on (i.e. he wants to see it get through to a good conclusion, or maybe it's just a complicated case so Nick needs to talk to him) just let me know! He could maybe have been involved with the trial of the man who killed Jessamine if we wanted to go down that route?

I also have my science crazy Colress who teaches at Durmstrang but I'm not sure how he'd interact with Corvo, but if you can think of anything, hit me up!
PMEmail
^
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 08:16 PM

N/A

edward nygma

Okay so both of these ideas could work. Future threads with Mr Riddler sound good, although it would add more depth if the two know each other beforehand.

A trial of Daud would be good as well, although Corvo would rather him just rot in Azkaban lol. Death is too good for him.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
edward nygma
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 07:48 AM

Corvo Attano

Yeah definitely, we could have them meet while Ed's still a powerful politician in the Ministry, since he'll be flaunting his authority like an ass so I doubt they'll get on particularly well xD. Ed has a bit of a grudge against the aurors since he used to work in their forensics department and got bullied by most of them, so we could even have Chief of Staff Ed doing something to purposefully disrupt him, so Corvo has reason for more personal revenge against him when he finds out what Ed's turned into =P

As for Nick, he's a defence attorney so maybe there could have been a thing where they arrested the wrong guy first and Nick defends them in court? I imagine Corvo would just want everything over quickly, so Nick being like 'no but I think this guy is innocent, I shall investigate!' could be interesting. Maybe enemies to friendship sort of thing when Corvo realises he's interfering for the right reasons at least? I dunno just spitballing. let me know what sort of thing you were thinking!
PMEmail
^
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 08:34 PM

N/A

edward nygma The dynamic between Edward and Corvo would be very fun at first, the banter would be great. He would get on Corvo's nerves quite a bit and he won't understand why. Corvo might have a bad feeling about Edward from the start, but I'm pretty sure he won't be using any of his "gifts" on staff members that's kinda against the law.

The attorney idea also sounds good to me, Corvo is quite happy to follow along although he may be a bit annoyed that justice is not coming faster. He has this whole complex where he believes that he can do it better.

At this point I only want to have a few threads on site. Which of these would you prefer to do first?
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
edward nygma
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 07:36 AM

Corvo Attano

Ed's probably the easier one to start with so I have time to think up some more details about a trial/investigation for Nick =P. And Corvo's probably right to have a bad feeling about Ed - by this point he's already killed two people and tried to frame someone else for it. He was caught and sentenced to Arkham for it already, but he's just got out again now thanks to the Minister of Magic. So while he's not going to be doing anything too dodgy while he's working in the Ministry, he's still worth being wary about.

I can start something up for them? I was thinking of having Ed waltz into the auror department just to rub in how big and powerful he is now to all the people who hate him (since one of the men he killed was an auror, and his frame attempt resulted in the wrong man being arrested so he tricked them, so in general they really really don't like him now). And then he can bump into Corvo while he's there? I'm tempted to do a group thread for all the aurors we have on site for his first big entrance anyway so this would be like a follow up. ANYWAY, I can get that up at some point this weekend unless you get there first ^^.
PMEmail
^
lucan itzel
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 11:57 PM

N/A

Corvo Attano & LUCAN.

okay, so i realize that you had a small plan of the outsider before i came along and if i messed anything i apologize but i do believe that the two of them could have still been good friends just without the part of lucan being a part of the ministry.

he is of course 3 years older than corvo (better than 4000 y'know) and i would like to think he gained an interest in corvo when he first arrived to hogwarts. lucan of course wasn't much for socializing like most of the other kids unless said kids were interesting and i would like to think that before lucan met corvo some of his nightmares (visions since he is a seer just didn't know it at the time) were of a tragedy that would refer to jessamine's death. of course at that age he just brushed it aside and thought nothing of it.

let me know what you think and if you agree we can possibly flesh out more of their history if you're up for it!

PM
^
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 12:44 AM

N/A

lucan itzel
Okay so I really love this idea. Lucan may have also known Jessamine since she was in Ravenclaw as well and would have been a baby when she first came to Hogwarts. It i quite possible they they have kept in contact and after Jessamine was murdered, Lucan put two and two together? He would probably feel really bad that he didn't know what was happening and failed to warn Corvo.

This could then go in two directions: either Corvo starts to blame Lucan for not warning him sooner OR the event and the fact that Lucan sort of knew it was going to happen but wasn't sure brings them closer? Maybe Lucan can help Corvo in the mourning process? Corvo also low-key wants to kill Daud himself but he is locked in Azkaban which is a fate worse than death anyway.

If you wanted to add me on Skype, mine is - laivyre.
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
oswald cobblepot
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 12:51 AM

N/A

Corvo Attano & Oz

So this is the aforementioned Minister who pulled Edward Nygma out of Arkham. He began a mere dishwasher and cheated worked his way through the ranks over his life, so here he is now! He definitely cares a lot about family and people working beneath them, so while there might not be too man personal interactions with them, Oz does like to check in on the wellbeing of his employees. I'm not sure what sort of opinion Corvo will have about him, but I"m totes down for whatever if you have any ideas.

Corvo & Vanesa

I also play Vanesa Morado, a recent Slytherin alum! She only graduated last year, so while they wouldn't have interacted too much as students, they definitely could have as she got older? Van has a habit of hanging out with the older crowd, and she has a sister about Corvo's age. Also, House/Alum things. Van is mostly a mess, a new(ish) mom, and also working with the Ministry as a Public Health Educator. Let me know if you'd like to do anything with these two!
PM
^
lucan itzel
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 01:08 AM

N/A

Corvo Attano & LUCAN.

of course corvo would be like his best friend who isn't put off by his friend's seer ability or the fact that he's half veela (not like he cares about others opinions but having a supportive friend helps).

i oddly see jessamine trying to get lucan to talk more because she was a sweetheart and probably wiser than her age like him. but yeah, i feel that after corvo graduated he of course kept in contact with both of them while they went off to do their own thing and he took up to studying more at hogwarts (and more in case he decided to go into the creature department of the ministry). he could have had one more vision but with them coming and going, it would have been blurry and sometime after the event he gets the call that she had been killed along with their daughter. it would then all click and he'd feel guilty.

when he told corvo of the visions he would have done it in person and i could see him being blamed only for corvo to realize that lucan's visions were never clear and how was he suppose to actually know that it was about them. he of course would be there for the grieving process as well as daud's trial but yeah i see this making them closer.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay
Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- OHaV HOS The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.