Add Reply
New Poll

Visitor's Map, Tag: Thel/Claire
edna mode
 Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 09:46 PM

Thedna Thread: Visitor's Map

Darling, luck favors the prepared.
They were finally ready.

Edna had been working well over a year on the quidditch sets for the schools, and finally, finally she had one batch ready. And she was abuzz with excitement with how they had turned out. Especially the Durmstrang ones, because of the conditions they could withstand and the number of teams and just...ah. Things coming out like they were planned, or better in this case, always made Edna happy.

The only thing that would make her happier was if she could figure out where Headmaster Addams office was so she could check in before she went down to the quidditch pitch. But like Hogwarts had been when she was going to school, there were absolutely no signs directing anyone to anything. And she was rather early to boot, so it wasn't like anyone was waiting on her to appear.

Edna hoisted her tote bag a little higher as she walked down the corridor, looking for any sign of a professor or a sign or honestly anything at that point. Early was one thing, late was another, and she didn't want to be late, fashionably or otherwise.

Rounding the corner, she finally saw a sign. An actual sign, mind you. Put up by someone much taller than her...which didn't exactly amount to much considering most everyone over the age of ten was taller than her. But in any case it was a sign saying "Faculty Only." Of course, Edna wasn't faculty, but if there was a faculty person in there they could at least give her some direction as to where she could find the Headmaster.

The designer pulled on the door handle and pushed the door inward. Well, it wasn't anything odd. As her luck had it, she had managed to find the staff lounge. That would make things much easier. "Hello?" she called. Better to announce herself than wait to see if anyone noticed that she had walked in.

CODED BY ELECTRIC OF SHINE

~*~*~

Tagged:
Thelonious Vadam
Notes:
THEDNA IS FINALLY HAPPENING. Also, why are there no maps of any of the castles (besides the Mauraders)
Outfit: Flowers
PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: 29 Oct 2017, 03:32 AM

And what will you call me

Things were always hardest the first time. And Thelonious Vadam had been happy to learn, that teaching was one of those things.

He had entered this profession last year, unsure of what to think, of how he’d be viewed or seen, and if he’d just be the “zombie man”. But things were coming along much more smoothly the second year. In fact he’d dare say teaching was the most fun job he’d ever had. It felt like there was little stake in it, that he could be himself more easily. Or maybe teenagers were just easier to deal with then high level bureaucrats. The way he heard the government was being run now, he was genuinely glad he’d lost the election. What had he been thinking, trying to go back to that life?

When he’d entered the breakroom for his coffee, he found himself feeling a little nostalgic. Many of the old faces he’d first seen in this break room were gone, and now there were new ones, that often occupied it, though for the moment it was empty. It was always nice though, to have a small moment of piece and quiet.

The door opened however as soon as he began pouring his coffee, and he looked over to see…no one? And then he looked down a bit.

The woman who had entered was rather small, but Thel knew that when she entered she had total control of the room, or at least gave the vibe of that. Though she was obviously not staff…however Gomez Addams seemed to have some vendetta about “privacy” given that very few doors in the building HAD locks or restrictions. All that Thel knew is if someone took advantage of that fact and entered his room at ungodly hours, they’d probably end up with a sword in their chest, and him with another manslaughter charge.

But since this wasn’t that big of a privacy invasion, he humored the woman, “Is there something you need?” He tried not to look down on her too much, he knew shorter people didn’t like that.

Created by MIAMI

edna mode FINALLY I get around to this
PM
^
edna mode
 Posted: 30 Oct 2017, 10:53 PM

Edna stepped clear of the doorway and a high-backed armchair to see just who exactly had responded. For one thing, he was rather tall. Everyone is taller than you, Edna. Honestly, darling. she thought to herself. But it wasn't an imposing sort of tall, a tall where you somehow always felt smaller when you talked to them. No, the gentleman was a sort of tall where an observer could see they knew how to carry themselves, and they knew who they were in the world. And that Edna could appreciate.

Good god she hoped she hadn't been staring, that would have been rude. "Actually, yes darling." She said with a small smile. Edna walked further into the lounge, her heels clicking on the stone floor. She probably should have known better than to wear heels when she knew there was going to be a rather large amount of walking and possible mud, but impressions were important...and she liked those boots anyways.

"I'm supposed to be meeting the headmaster at," Edna looked at her watch. Damn. "...well, in about half an hour, honestly." Good lord it hadn't really taken that long to get to Durmstrang Castle, had it? Early was one thing, late was another, and Edna knew she had given herself enough time to be early. It wasn't like she had been in the France or England shops, no. Oh well, it couldn't be helped now. "You wouldn't happen to know where he was, would you dear? Or at the very least, his office?"

~*~*~
Tagged: Thelonious Vadam
Notes: =)
Outfit: Center Stage
PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: 12 Dec 2017, 11:34 PM

Thel found himself chuckling at the word, ‘darling’ “Darling…A rather familiar term to use for a stranger, Miss…???” Or perhaps she was a Mrs, but he found it was better to assume a woman was a Miss, from his life experience. He did look down at her, out of habit mostly, from wanting to be polite and give eye contact, and he hoped he didn’t come across as too…intimidating. Or like he was treating her like a child.

“Ah yes well…Headmaster Addams could honestly be anywhere. He is very…very…active.” Yes that was a good neutral word. “He isn’t the kind of man to stay in one place for long. Did he give you a specific meeting place? I can show you to his office if you’d like. Though its not the most pleasant place to spend the time, if you want me to be honest.” Like that hand the man kept…Thing…what was that. Why was that there.

“Why exactly are you meeting with him, may I ask?” Thel continued, “I don’t believe you’re any staff…” He suddenly realized he’d commited a huge social faux pas as he held out his hand, “I’m Thelonious Vadam by the way. I’m the professor of Ancient Studies. Pleased to make your acquaintance.”

Created by MIAMI

edna mode ahhhh this is such a short reply I'm sorry
PM
^
edna mode
 Posted: 5 Jan 2018, 07:25 AM

"Mode. Edna Mode, darling. And I guess you could say it's just part of my charm." Edna said with a smile. Darling, dear, whether or not she knew someone or not did not change her mannerisms in that respect.

Anywhere was a bit of a large area to search in regards to a castle however. Especially when time had somehow managed to escape her. "I was supposed to meet him at his office, yes." However pleasant it was she could determine for herself, but Edna honestly didn't know how long she would be there, if the Headmaster wanted to head to the pitch straight away.

Edna was slightly taken aback by the man's next question. Granted, she didn't make a habit of visiting the different schools, but she thought her name did proceed her at least a bit. "Why for fashion, darling." Her surprise shifted to humor at his comment about not being staff. "Oh, no darling, I don't think I have room on my plate to teach at a school, here or otherwise." she said with a small laugh. "The new quidditch uniforms for the teams are ready. I've come to show them to the Headmaster for final approval before I give them to the students."

Ah, and now a name. Thelonious Vadam. It suited him. "Likewise, dear." she said with a smile and a shake of his hand. "So!" Her voice had gone from conversational to business in a blink of an eye. First impressions mattered, and she was not about to be late...although she supposed getting lost was a decent excuse. But she wasn't going there yet! "Could you perhaps show me the way to the Headmaster's office, darling?"

~*~*~
Notes: getting back in the swing of things
Outfit: Darling
PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: 23 Jan 2018, 10:22 PM

The name made Thel's eyebrow quirk, "Edna Mode?" The name was rather familiar... "Oh yes now I remember... I remember back when I worked for the Ministry, other members talking about your clothes and how they were must-haves for professional dealings." Thel had never patronized her business, because back then he had his own people to go to for his suits, and was a creature of habit, and also was too vain to really try many new things in that regard. "Don't worry I'm not offended I was just...surprised..." Darling wasn't something he was called very often, maybe a few times by his mother growing up, but once he was grown? Yeah there was no one who called him that.

But he let out a sigh as he strode over to open the door of the staff lounge again. "The offices are up in the upper parts of the castle. A few floors up. I can't guarantee Headmaster Addams will be there but...we could also always go to the office of his wife, Morticia and see if she's there so she can receive them."

He was rather intrigued for her reason for being present, "Quidditch uniforms?" The old ones had seemed a bit...dated at this point. " That seems like a far cry from designing suits for Ministry men. How are these uniforms different from the old ones?" It was a secret of Thel's but he actually quite enjoyed sewing, and dabbled in it himself. It'd be interesting to surreptitiously get some pointers from a professional.

Created by MIAMI

edna mode Thel does actually canonically sew. He once got bedbound after an injury, and sewed himself a cloak out of spite and self-loathing....it make more sense in context.
PM
^
edna mode
 Posted: 27 Jan 2018, 11:36 PM

Edna smiled. "The one and only, dear." At the very least, she was the only Edna Mode she was aware of. The only one who's name garnered fashion headlines. She felt herself beaming again at the mention of her suits. Her start in the UK had been with suits, before the fire had reset everything back to square one. Now it was still suits, but it was so much more. If only they would take her advice when it would come to their robes though...

"Good. It means I haven't lost my touch." Blunt? Yes. But she wouldn't have it any other way. Most people were typically surprised by her height, rather than her speech. But she would take either.

Edna turned on her heel and followed as fast as she was able after Thelonious. It made perfect sense why the offices wouldn't be this low in the castle, but good god why did no one ever think of a map for people who weren't intimately acquainted with the castle. She honestly couldn't fathom how the students from the other two schools managed when they came for their classes. "Either one is fine with me, darling. So long as someone knows they're being handed out at the next practice."

Thelonious was right: suits were very much not like the quidditch uniforms. "Oh, I still make suits, dear. And not just for the Ministry's men. But also school uniforms, robes, and normal clothes. And, quidditch uniforms." She needed to finish up a few other things with the Beauxbatons ones when she went back to the Champs-Elysium shop. Then she could go and get those sent out as well.

Oh, but now she got to talk more about what she did. And the only thing that made her happier than talking about designs was talking about designs with tea. At least this would give her practice for what she was going to tell Headmaster Addams and the players. "Well, for one they are a lot more aerodynamic. No more robes or cape-y things that can get caught in the wind." Honestly, who had thought those were a good idea while flying to begin with? "And being that is...rather chilly," she restrained herself from saying god awful cold, just barely. "Up here, they're better insulated as well.

"They're also sturdier, and color coordinated for each of the different teams, and will stand up to falls and tumbles without needing to weigh down the students with more equipment. And they're machine washable." If the school's even had those. But it meant when players took them home they could take care of their own equipment without anything fancy.

Edna could go on and on about designs and what went into her clothing, but she also didn't want to entirely bore Thelonious. "But all this chatter from me! You said you were once Ministry. How does a Ministry man end up a professor of Ancient Studies?" That she was genuinely curious about as well, along with how people managed to find anything in the school castles.

~*~*~
Notes: Edna's favorite thing: talking about clothes and stuff she does with them to make them cool XD
Outfit: Clothes Make the Man & The Uniforms for reference.
PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: 27 Feb 2018, 01:26 AM

So it was the famed clothing designer Thel had heard of...he'd figured she'd be much taller. He knew much better then to verbalize that though.

He gave a small laugh, "The Addamses might come across as rather flighty people, but no matter which hands your uniforms fall into, they will get to where they need ot go." As odd as the Addamses were they were effecient at their jobs, and enthusiastic about doing them. As they reached the staircase, he held his hand out to her, "Ladies first"

Her explinations about the uniforms as they ascended the stairs (occasionally having to wait for certain staircases to shuffle into place) were genuinely interesting to him, "Yes I imagine the capes would get in the way of the players and aren't particularly practical...they are rather stylish though. I'm interested to see the amount of style and practicality that ended up in your designs"

He nearly choked though, when the much smaller woman asked about his situation, "It is...a rather long story, and one I'm not sure you want to hear. The gist of it would be that simply the Ministry and I didn't want the same things anymore." aka he wanted to be away from the place that caused all his trauma and threw him under the bus, and he was blacklisted from them even if he did want to return.

Created by MIAMI

edna mode Poor Thel
PM
^
edna mode
 Posted: 27 Feb 2018, 11:13 PM

Edna laughed as well. "They won't be the first people I meet that are like that, darling, and they most certainly won't be the last." She had tailored for lawyers, investigators, families and students, models and people of power. All of them had their defining characteristics, no two quite the same. And they all looked fabulous at the end of it.

Magical staircases. Good god had she not missed them. "Thank you, darling." With a well practiced motion, she started ascending the stairs with just barely noticeable hop-like steps, her heels clicking against the stone. Thelonious didn't seem to notice, rather, he was more interested in the uniforms she had come to deliver. It was rare for her to talk to other people who had that interest. Usually when she talked about clothes to people that weren't clients she could see that their interests ended with the looks.

Not with him though. Although it took a fair amount of self control not to go off about the capes. At least...not too much. "Hm...that would be in the eyes of the behold. I believe their useless. They may look pretty, but does an athlete really care about looking pretty whilst they're zooming about with a piece of fabric flapping behind them?" Capes in quidditch would just get in the way. Just one more thing to hamper a player, something for a Bludger to get stuck in. No...quidditch was more for practicality, which could be stylish in its own way. "Well, you'd have to go to the pitch while they're practicing or for a match then, dear."

"Oh." It looked as if she had pushed the wrong button. She hadn't seen the harm in the question. But most people also would get that reaction from her about capes on a bad day. She could understand very easily not wanting to say. "Well...why Ancient Studies then?" There, safer question.

~*~*~
Notes: @ first line of his reply: smart man =P
Outfit: No Capes!
PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 11:40 PM

Oh dear the woman didn't seem to realize what he had meant... "Well... I can tell you that the Addams are a unique kind of flighty. There's little more I can say that wouldn't jeopardize my professionalism." He knew that his JOB wouldn't be jeopardized by a comment such as this, because the Addams seemed to think that up was down, and good was bad, and lived in an opposite driven parallel universe. But for the sake of his own professionalism, he would refrain from little more.

The woman did seem to know her craft well though, talking about the issues with capes. And Thel could definitely see them practically but... "Ah so its a case of you valuing substance over style I assume? I definitely see your point then. They could get wrapped up in bludgers, or with other brooms, could choke students....yes I see your point." But still...they WERE quite stylish. Thel remembered admiring the Hogwarts Quidditch uniforms as a youth, though he was never a good enough player to make the team.

The questions turned back to him though, and he let them roll off his back. "I've had a lifelong interest in ancient magic. I think its something my father passed down to me. When I was in the Ministry I worked in the Department of Mysteries, and solving mysteries of the past was a big portion of it." That was of course as much as he could say both legally and well...personally.

Created by MIAMI

edna mode Hi this was not worth a two month wait but what can ya do
PM
^
edna mode
 Posted: 26 Apr 2018, 05:30 PM

[b}"Ah. Well, no matter. Sometimes words are just useless in that respect."[/b] And if the words were useless, they didn't need to be said. Edna was sure the Addamses were still lovely people one way or another. And if not...well it wasn't like she saw the faculty from the wizardings schools all that often.

Edna nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, yes yes yes. That's exactly it, darling! Capes don't have a point, besides taking an obscene amount of fabric and making it that much easier to be clumsy." Granted, that wasn't necessarily a problem she had ever had, hers was mainly being underfoot. But students in particular had their periods of gracelessness that didn't need to be amplified with yards of wasted fabric that could have much better uses than flapping in the wind for dramatic effect.

Okay maybe she would go off on capes a little bit. But she didn't make it a habit. Edna hadn't gotten to where she was today by screeching about capes and people's opinions of them at every given moment.

But his further response about his work, past and present, cleared up a bit. The Department of Mysteries was...well, mysterious. Only what they chose to say was allowed to be publicized. Everything else could have very much not existed for all the world was concerned. "I see." That was all she really could say on that. What could you ask someone that had worked in Mysteries and get an answer for? Not very much.

Although he had mentioned his father. "You could say my father is why I do what I do as well, dear. Maybe not quite to the extent that I can, he's a muggle designer, but people still considered what he did to be as magical." Edna looked up (honestly, what other way could she look, her stature made it impossible to make eye contact any other way) at the Ministry man, turned professor, turned her guide through the castle. "What was it that your father did?"

~*~*~
Notes: can confirm cape-y like things take a shit ton of fabric. And they increase my clumsiness. amd shhhh you're fiiiiine
Outfit: -need to reupload to nickpic or one of the new sites-
PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: 22 May 2018, 01:38 AM

"Indeed" Even if Thel had the lack of tact to insult his employer, he knew anything he said could never possibly prepare Miss Mode, for the encounter. The Addams needed to be experienced for themselves.

But her tirade about capes, as they walked along made more sense...even if Thel didn't particularly like it. Obviously such frivelous fashion had no place in the classroom (or really any place in modern society) but there was something very majestic about capes...they befitted nobility and royalty. "Would they really take that much fabric? Wouldn't it be a straight bolt of fabric?" Maybe he didn't know that much about sewing then. He mostly knew how to mend simple things, he didn't dabble much in creating new ones.

And as the subject shifted back to himself he felt rather uncomfortable, only answering her last question about his father, "I'm going to be honest his exact job escapes me. I was rather young when he died, and his travels made him rather scarce in that short time...but he did some sort of work in ancient artifacts. Often brought things home, had many books in the house even after his death." Even with the subject's morbidness, he spoke rather nonchalantly. After all he'd been through, his father's death had lost any potential trauma.

Created by MIAMI

edna mode Sangheili grow up without dads so this was the next best human equivalent http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
PM
^
edna mode
 Posted: 7 Jun 2018, 04:06 PM

Edna nodded. "They really do, darling. Capes are typically proportional to one's height. So while a cape for myself wouldn't take too much," she said with a laugh. As if she would ever make or wear a cape for herself. "For someone as tall as yourself you're talking yards and yards of fabric." And even if it was modified for quidditch as opposed to a normal length cape, it was still fabric Edna thought could be better used elsewhere.

It had never stopped her father from adding capes and trains to things, but he had also not had the same experience with capes and accidents that she had had. And the only ground she ever gave in their debates over them is her father made rather beautiful trains and capes.

Although as Thelonious answered her question, she found that he had not been as fortunate to have his own arguments with his own father. "I am sorry to hear that, dear." Although from description it sounds like his father could have been an archaeologist, muggle or otherwise, with artifacts and books and the like. "He sounds like he would have been a rather interesting man to meet." In any case, Thelonious himself was an interesting man to have met.

They walked further along in relative silence, students passing on occasion on their way to classes. "How has the integration been for teaching, darling?" A more relevant question. The papers only told so much, and she was still rather curious about the affair, despite the integration being past news by now.

~*~*~
Notes: my 6' tall little brother was a jedi for Halloween a few years back and the cape/cloak thing that went with it took at least six yards of fabric.
Outfit: No Capes!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.