admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

This place had always been safe, Loki Laufeyson / Morticia Addams
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 5 Dec 2017, 08:41 PM

Our kids are our future
Observing classes wasn't something that he was obligated to do, but he liked to. After all it was the closest he could get to experiencing for himself the changes that have been brought upon the educational system and he wanted to know. He loved his job and he wanted to make sure that things would be done in a way that would benefit the most people. So attending a class today, staying quiet and it the back was something that he found appropriate. It was late afternoon and after ministry work hours, but he didn't think that his work would end till the day he retired so...

There was an additional reason he enjoyed attending this particular class. He respected the Addams family and seeing what Morticia was doing was a joy in itself. Not to mention that being in Drusmtang made him feel safe. He loved his old school to the point that his happy memory for casting a patronus was his first day here.

morticia addams

BY MITZI
PM
^
morticia addams
 Posted: 23 Dec 2017, 04:52 PM

N/A

Teacher
Morticia had received word this morning in an owl that her afternoon class would be observed to ensure that things were going "smoothly." She doubted that. The ministry was harder on Durmstrang because of their former dark arts ties and wished to make sure they were teaching things properly, was the more likely story but they played nice for formality.

It didn't matter, her classes were legal and the observer would see that. The illegal dark things were taught after classes were over, and only to certain individuals. She went about her day acting as though nothing was wrong, but her students knew better and behaved extra well in class so as to not raise her ire. When it came time for the class in question, first year, set 3, she was pleasantly surprised to find Loki there. He was a Durmstrang graduate himself if she recalled. At least it would be someone pleasant and someone who respected her and her husband. Good afternoon Mr. Laufeyson.

count: ## // notes: n/a
spenny
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 24 Dec 2017, 10:27 AM

Our kids are our future
It wasn't much of a surprise really that some people saw negative aspects in the ministry playing a more active role in the way the education system worked. Especially in the case of Drusmtang there were additional reasons that one would feel that way. This was another reason that Loki wanted to talk to both instructors and the headmasters of the schools as well as observe classes. Unlike other aspects of his life, especially when it came to the majority of his family life, he meant well in this aspect of it.

When Morticia entered the class it wasn't particularly difficult to understand that there was some level of being guarded that seemed to, at least partially, be dissolved once she saw him. He gave her a bright smile as he got on his feet to greet her as she greeted him. Good afternoon to you as well Miss Addams. It's a pleasure to see you. Hope I'm not imposing too much. he said towards her, his smil more genuine than the smile most people got to see, and definitely more... Childish. While he's never been in set 3 himself, stating off at set 2 and quickly making it to set 1, the fact that this was a freshman year class made him feel a bit more like the child he once was, and in a somewhat automatic manner the way he addressed her had a faint feeling of the way one would address a teacher... Well he was addressing a teacher, but it was like he was once again a student. It was weird. At any rate, Morticia was right in that he respected her and her husband. After all this school had given him a lot.

morticia addams

BY MITZI
PM
^
morticia addams
 Posted: 7 Jan 2018, 03:04 PM

N/A

Teacher
It was always a pleasure to see Loki even if he was here visiting in terms of work. He was an Alumni of Durmstrang, like herself, and he could understand the curriculum better because of it. If she recalled his profile he was also a Set 1 which put her in better spirits. She smiled as she moved over to him; it was a softer kinder smile than what she had been wearing when she entered the room and saw him, but there was still a hint of danger there; it was a given, given who she was and what kind of life she led, but the danger was not directed at him; no she was happy to see him.

On the contrary, now that I know who is here the pleasure is all mine. Please have a seat. If you are interested you can join in on learning the potion with them. Unlike others Morticia took the time to help the Set 3's just because they were the bottom of the pecking order did not mean they didn't have the chance to improve. Having Loki participate in the class as well was also a good way to see how her teaching methods worked.

spenny
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 12 Jan 2018, 10:51 PM

Our kids are our future
It did make Loki happy to see that Morticia seemed to be happier, or at least calmer, than what she had been when she entered the classroom and, even before she spoke, he wanted to believe that he had something to do with it. If he was correct he'd be willing to wager that this had much less to do with his natural charm and more with the fact that he was him, and more to the point and allumnus of this school.He could recognize the danger that still lied in that smile, but that didn't come as much of a surprise... or at all for that matter. Anyone who knew anything about the Adams family wouldn't be exactly shocked to find a level of danger in who they where, not to mention that Loki knew how it was like to have danger directed at someone, having been both on the side of being dangerous towards someone, when he tried to trap his brother, and on the receiving end of it when he had been locked up and suffered indispicable things at the hands of a gret deal of his own family...

Her words confirmed his suspicion and took his mind away from past, and darker, things, to the here and now. "I'm happy to hear it." he said when she said that the pleasure was all hers now that she knew who it was, and he did follow her instruction to take a seat. When she suggested to partake in the class he beamed at her. "That would be a pleasure in itself." he said with a winning smile.

morticia addams

BY MITZI
PM
^
morticia addams
 Posted: 26 Jan 2018, 02:26 PM

N/A

Teacher
The fact he was willing to sit down and actually participate in thr class made Morticia happy. She doubted many others from the Ministry would do that; especially when it came to her and this school. Most of the inspections she had heard of were cold and the one sitting in the back would simply observe and take notes. Nerve wracking for both the students and the teacher, and potions was already delicate enough. She smiled again and moved to the front of the classroom to begin the lesson.

Alright class, we have an honor today as we learn this potion, Mr. Laufeyson has graciously agreed to sit in and learn it as well. Though he is Ministry he is also a fellow Durmstrang graduate and that makes him a part of our Durmstrang family. She knew that would get their attention as they had started to empasize the importance of family among the students after they had taken over. Morticia looked around as everyone got their books and ingredients out. Please pull out your pewter cauldrons for this assignment rather than copper or bronze. Can anyone tell me why?

She nodded to one of the females who would most likely soon be testing up to Set 2 at minimum, Morticia wasn't sure why she was in Set 3 at all, "Stage One needs to brew for a certain amount time before adding the Wolfsbane Professor, each type of metal has different qualities and will cook the potion at different speeds. Pewter cooks the longest ma'am." Very good Miss Adams. Everyone should have been paying attention to that as they got their ingredients ready. After you have completed step one we will begin workingon readings for the next potion until the end of class.

spenny

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 2 Feb 2018, 06:35 PM

Our kids are our future
Loki loved this place, after all his happy memory in casting a patronus was his first day here. He tried his best not to let personal biases to get in the way of doing his job, but the fact to the matter was that he loved this place. Besides it wasn't his desire to get into everyone's nerves but try to help the education system and the new things that had been added to it to go more smoothly. He loved his job after all more than what he loved anything else. Morticia smiling made him smile back at her once more. He didn't know what it was exactly but it would seem that her smiling was infectous.

When she started talking he smiled towards the class and to the students that would turn to look at him. Somehow doing something as simple as this made him feel happier. It put him into the mindset that he had when he was at school and that was a very happy period of his life. When she asked the question and the girl answered it perfectly he turned his attention to the student that was talking. Same as Morticia he was wondering why she was in set 3. If she had an ease with other topics as she did with this one she should at least be in set 2.

As working started he divided his attention between actually doing the work and monitoring the class and what was going on. The students themselves seemed to be paying less and less attention to him as he was actually doing as Morticia said he'd be doing and soon they didn't seem to mind him at all, which was a good thing. He could focus on his work and on partacing in the class if he didn't have everyone staring at him. It was odd really how he usually craved people's attention but now he preferred not having it.

He took notes too about how the class was going on, but he did so in a discreet manner, and did work on the project the class had. He thought he liked this method.

morticia addams

BY MITZI
PM
^
morticia addams
 Posted: 5 Feb 2018, 04:45 AM

N/A

Teacher
As the students started to work on their potions Morticia walked around the classroom to ensure they were doing it right and that nothing would go wrong. Though considering how simple this potion was she wasn't sure how that was possible, but stranger things had happened in the past and this was set 3. Yes there was some bias towards them, it was a Durmstrang thing, but she was trying to do better with it and help them as much as possible.

As she walked around the classroom she noticed that Loki was doing work plus taking notes on her class, she would speak with him after class was over about his findings. She also noted that the reason that Miss Adams was not in a higher Set was because she was too busy helping her friend do better and most likely did not want to leave him behind as it was still considered faux pas to interact with the Set 3's. She could commend that, it was honorable.

When the majority of the class was finished with the potion portion of the class and were pulling out their books she smiled; If you are ready please turn to chapter twenty and read up on the first three potions. We will be starting on those tomorrow into next week. I want six inch essays on each potion, that are legible and written in standard letter sizing or I will be deducting points and depending on how badly it is written you will fail.

spenny
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 6 Feb 2018, 07:42 PM

Our kids are our future
Loki had to admit that this way of observing a class was rather fun. By the end of the class he had a grin on his face. The fact that the student that had answered the question and for whom he had wondered why she was still in set 3 had been helping her friend didn't go unnoticed and it was one of the things he wrote down. Set 3 in itself was a topic of interest in Drumstang.

He waited for the students to get out and politely replied to a couple of greetings he got, seeming rather relaxed which in fact he was. It was intoxicating really to be in his old school and do the monitoring of the class the way he had, and it was really a rather enlightening experience. When he was in school he had little to no contact with set 3 and he was worried that this fact could potentially damage the quality of his work, but he already had a better idea of things now.

Turning to Morticia when the class was almost empty he beamed at her. "Well that was a brilliant idea of your miss Addams, that was both productive and fun." he complimented her on her suggestion that he'd observe while partaking in the class. He was certain that she'd have some questions for him as he did have some questions for her and he really did hope that they could get the time to have a little chat between them before he'd have to go.

"Think you can make some time for us to discuss a bit?" he asked politely. Not that he was used to hearing no as an answer in this school, quite the opposite, but he did respect the Addams family and the job that teachers did in general so there was no need to be rude.

morticia addams

BY MITZI
PM
^
morticia addams
 Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 01:28 PM

N/A

Teacher
Morticia had enjoyed today's class more than she thought she would given the fact that there was an observer, but it had gone very well. The fact that Loki had agreed to participate as he observed also helped to make it go more smoothly as the students were not as nervous as they would have been with other observers. They knew that they were the outcasts of the school for what Set they were placed in and Morticia was honestly surprised very few actually tried to test out of Set 3. Bettering yourself was one of the key notes of education and of Durmstrang itself, moving up should be self explanatory. Even she as a Set 1 all the way through had striven to do better her entire career.

Now she was wondering what exactly Loki had found in his observations. She knew from his records that he had been a Set 2 but had tested out rather quickly and she was curious what he had learned and his opinions of the Set 3's. She knew there was some discussion about them, but she was unsure where that discussion was heading. This could prove to be very educational for her as well.

I am glad you enoyed yourself Mr. Laufeyson. I find that is usually the best way to truly observe a class as there is no excess nervousness and the students learn better. She was slightly anxious to learn what he had found out and didn't quite care to wait for an official report. At his question she smiled kindly and nodded. I am free, this was my last class for the day, would you care to come to my office? I can make some tea and we can discuss things. She was looking forward to discussing things with him, she had a feeling it would be educational for both of them.

spenny
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 30 Mar 2018, 06:12 AM

Our kids are our future
The way in which teachers reacted to a ministry official observing their class could tell you a lot about the teacher and their priorities and the fact that Morticia's knee-jerk reaction had been to suggest a way in which he could do his job while he also didn't distract the teaching process too much said many things to him, positive things. He smiled wide at her comment on her being glad that he had enjoyed himself and explaining once more how this deal had been good for the students. I'm glad to hear that. After all it'd go against my purpose if I ended up hindering the students and the teaching process I'd think. he replied to her.

When she mentioned that she was free and that they could discuss in her office over some tea a glimpse of delight showed into his eyes. There was something so familiar about discussing a class in an office over tea. It reminded him of a more innocent time in his life, when his primary goal in life was to be the best he could be in school. That sounds lovely, thank you. he said Lead the way. he added. He was quite anxious himself to share with her his observations and he was happy that he'd be able to. He smiled to himself as he followed her. Was he being sentimental? It would appear so. That was educational in itself and he was certain that it wouldn't be the only educational part of the rest of the evening too.

morticia addams

BY MITZI
PM
^
morticia addams
 Posted: 27 Apr 2018, 02:36 AM

N/A

potions mistress
Overall, Morticia believed that the class had gone rather well, and the fact that Loki's presence had not disturbed the students much spoke volumes of how well her idea had gone. The students, who were already bad due to their Set, had not been nervous because someone else was watching them. It had been a very smooth class. Some of them were even improving, which Morticia took great pride in. "It would have, fortunately it did not; and I believe several of them are actually improving, which is a good thing."

Morticia could see the excitement in his eyes at the mention of having tea; she would be kind today and spare him the poison, he wasn't used to it after all, "You're welcome." She smiled, cooly and glided out of the room and waited for him to leave before locking and warding the classroom. "You seem excited Loki, may I call you Loki now? I know you are a Set 1 graduate, is that part of the reason?"

Tag: loki laufeyson

Notes:

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 30 Apr 2018, 07:08 PM

Our kids are our future
Though Loki wouldn't outright admit it probably, at least not out loud anyway, it would seem that Morticia was one of the few people in this life that could put him in his place. There was just... Something about her. He smiled to himself as she spoke, confirming that indeed it would had been against his purpose to disturb the class and added that several of the students were in fact improving. Coming from someone else that comment about his purpose would had probably bothered him but not coming from Morticia. Instead he smiled happily at the thought of several of the set 3 students improving. That was certainly a positive thing. Maybe if enough improved the set itself would have more chances and it'd stop being viewed as inferior... Well it was the lowest of the three but still...

As she exited the room he marveled the grace with which she moved. Maybe he had noticed it before but only now there was enough room into his brain to register it. When she noted that he seemed excited and inquired if she could call him Loki he nodded. I am. And of course. Should I be calling you Morticia? Though there's a part of my brain hard wired into thinking that Miss Addams is the only appropriate way to go. he said towards her. When she added another question he thought about it for a few moments before responding as he followed her towards her office walking by her side fighting the urge to walk a step behind her. I'd think so. That my being a set 1 graduate is related to my excitement. I mean Drusmtang had been my home for many years of my life and I have to admit that if I could had been spending my student summers here I'd had signed on no questions asked. And I mean I find all three establishments to be honorable in their own way but I can't help but have a positive bias towards this place and the work that's done here. Can't let it affect my work but it's there and with good reason.

morticia addams

BY MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.