you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Chess [open]
ulrich stern
 Posted: 5 Sep 2017, 06:47 PM

The silence of the chess room, once a comfort to Ulrich, now felt stifling. He'd become so used to Chani's high energy and vibrant colors that the dungeon-like room felt just like that, a dungeon. The only sounds in the room were his orders to the little chess pieces and them beating each other senseless.

There was nobody else in the room. He was playing against himself, out of mere boredom. The one person who was always happy to entertain him was at a club meeting of her own, and Ulrich was reminded that Chani's life didn't revolve around him. She had other friends, other responsibilities, things he wasn't a part of.

And she deserved that, really. Chani was bright and kind and wonderful, and it was amazing she wasn't more popular. Though they had gone to the same school for years, they'd both always been loners. She'd been ignored for her oddities and he'd done the ignoring, too shy and quiet to ever really open up.

That changed when the schools started their new system of sharing classes and creating new clubs. New people, less judgement, but still the same Ulrich. Here he was now, a brand new sixth year, and still without any real close friends.

He heaved a despondent sigh and gently tipped over one of the kings, not even caring which one, and thumped his head against the table while the game reset itself. "I almost wish I had homework right now." he grumbled aloud, not expecting an answer.

The only stipulation I have is Chantal can't answer. Like, I love Ulani as much as Tay, but jfc my boy needs more love.
^
violet parsons
 Posted: 9 Sep 2017, 04:49 PM

N/A

It wasn't unusual for Violet to be off on her own somewhere in the castle. She often found herself wishing that she could become invisible at will when walking through the hall, just to avoid stares from other students. Logically she knew that they probably weren't paying her any more heed than they were anyone else, but that did little to ease her anxiety. It was better to try to avoid the crowds..she had less to worry about that way.

Violet slipped into what she thought was an empty room, only to discover that she was not alone in the room. Her heart practically jumped into her throat. "I'm so sorry, I should have made sure that the room was empty before I came in. I'll, uh, show myself to the door. Have a good day!" She sounded so stupid, she knew she did. She backed up toward the door, nearly missing what the boy said next. He almost wished he had homework right now? Wait, was he..

He was sitting in front of a chess board, but it was awfully hard to play chess on one's own. No wonder he was bored. "I, uh, are you playing with someone? I could, uh, play with you if you need someone. If not that's cool." Violet tried to give what she hoped came off as a casual shrug.

..in reality, she hoped that he would say yes, otherwise she'd look ten times more stupid than she already thought she did. Offering to play a game with someone who wasn't interested, how ridiculous would that come across? But if he said yes..maybe this whole socializing thing wasn't so bad after all..
AMB TANZ ☇ GS | SYN
PM
^
ulrich stern
 Posted: 17 Sep 2017, 03:46 AM

One day. Maybe not soon, but ONE day, Ulrich would train his body out of freezing like a statue whenever he was surprised. And when he heard the voice of a girl from closer to the entrance. He turned his head just enough to glance at her with one eye and slumped in relief.

It was just Violet. They were in the same year and, growing up, had revolved around the same circle. That is, they didn't have a circle. Ulrich was too quiet and awkward for most people, and eventually they'd just given up on him. He didn't know what Violet's story was, and a rather large part of him was sad and ashamed that he'd never reached out to her.

He sat up when she offered to play and sent her a small but genuine smile. ""Please. My girlfriend doesn't get out of her club meeting for another hour and I'm going nuts with boredom." He flushed a little and ducked his head, muttering under his breath, "Aaaand she didn't ask that. Shut up Ulrich."

^
violet parsons
 Posted: 4 Nov 2017, 01:58 AM

N/A

Honestly, Ulrich wasn't the only one who froze up when he was surprised. Violet would probably turn invisible if she could - In fact, she had when she was younger, in the first showcasing of her magic abilities. Magic abilities that she didn't even know she had until her parents told her about them. And to make matters worse, she was a pureblood witch. Her parents only kept it from her so that they could blend in to their Muggle neighborhood easier.

She was understandably relieved when Ulrich invited her to play with him. "I've only played chess a few times. I might not be that good. Then again that's better for you." It was somewhat easier to talk to someone one on one like this than it was to talk in crowds, though Violet was still nervous.

She registered that he'd been talking about how his girlfriend was at a club meeting. Small talk..should she ask about that? "What club meeting is she at? Hopefully not chess club. That'd be weird." She managed a small chuckle..then stopped herself almost immediately. Did that sound as stupid as she thought it did? Was she overthinking it? She was probably overthinking it, but it was hard not to overthink it.

Unfortunately, Violet was taught to overthink just about everything as a result of her upbringing, her having to the oddities of her family from others. It clearly had more of an impact on her than it had on her brothers..but then again, she was the oldest and had to hide things the longest
AMB TANZ ☇ GS | SYN
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.