you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Ehmmm... Hi?, Edward / Bruce
Edward Elric
 Posted: 7 Jan 2018, 05:12 PM

N/A

Edward frowned when Bruce admitted that the books that he had brought hadn’t anything to do with Remembralls in them. He watched as the other boy gathered up what he could, easily handling the rest. “Library’s this way,” he said when Bruce gave the go-ahead to lead the way from the classroom to a better place to be able to continue their research.

As they walked, Bruce made a comment about wandless and wordless magic, even asking if there was a class here at Durmstrang that could teach him to do such a thing. Edward shook his head, the braid down his back shifting with the movement. “Are you talking about out in the rain?” he asked, glancing to the side to study the expression on Bruce’s face. “That wasn’t wandless magic, but wordless is actually a lot easier than the adults make it sound.”

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 12 Jan 2018, 10:26 PM

I'm smart and I'm striving to be strong.
Seeing Edward frown as a response to his saying that he didn't have books related to remamber-balls perplexed him. It wasn't that much of a surprise, was it? Perhaps it was just a complaint on the fact that they'd have to move once more. Perhaps it was something else entirelly? Didn't Edward like libraries for some reason? Was it against Drusmstang library policy to bring technomagic work with you? He didn't think he had read anything of the sorts anywhere, though he was certain that if their project hadn't been something as harmless it would probably not bode well with the librarian to tinker it in the library... or indoors on some more extreme occasions. He shrugged and focued his attention on following Edward. While he appreciated that he had a guide he also didn't know how he felt about depending for his navigation to someone that he didn't really know. Graned he knew how to leave the school from the library... but still. He shrugged once more and pushed those thoughts aside.

When the boy shook his head he frowned slightly. He had wished there was some class that would be able to teach him to do something like that. Of course he could always ask Ed... He pushed that aside for the time being and focused on what Edward was saying. He nodded when asked if he was referring to the insident in the rain, his expression excited and curious. He always liked learning new things and Edward had managed to learn somehing like that without being taught in school. Not that all knowledge came in the classroom even if he did learn it here...

When the boy mentioned that it hadn't been wandless magic he blinked with surprise, confusion overtaking his features. He hadn't seen him use a wand... He was satisfied with the fact that he said wordless magic was easier than what adults made it sound. Firstly cause of the fact that it was easier, though he hadn't really let a matter of difficulty get in his way when it came to new knowledge, and secondly cause Edward didn't deny it was wordless. He was confused enough with the fact that apprently he had missed a wand being used to also deal with the fact that he might start growing hard of hearing.

"What do you mean it wasn't wandless magic?" he inquired. He thought of the weird sounds his hand had been making... Had he somehow embeded his wand into his hand? He didn't see how that would be possible or practical for that matter.

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 28 Jan 2018, 02:44 AM

N/A

Edward sighed when Bruce ended up asking the inevitable follow up question. If it wasn’t wandless magic, and if Bruce hadn’t been able to see a wand in use, then what was it? Making a face mostly to himself, Edward tilted his head to the side and looked over at Bruce. “I’ll show you when we get to the library,” he said, taking longer strides to pull ahead of Bruce - but only slightly. He was not built to walk faster than someone like Bruce.

Once in the library, Edward made a beeline for one of the tables in the back. Nobody else was at any of the tables around them and despite the weather outside, the library as a whole was relatively empty. Pulling up the sleeve of his Durmstrang-issued red jacket, Edward revealed the metal limb that was a replacement for the arm that he’d lost the summer prior. “I couldn’t do magic with my left hand after I lost this one, so my friend and I attached my wand to the top layer of the metals.” Explaining this wasn’t something he did very often, but if he was going to be working on this project with Bruce, then he might as well know that he was working with damaged goods.

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 28 Jan 2018, 11:20 AM

Bruce looked at Edward perhplexed. He wasn't very good at reading other people most of the time but he was pretty sure that Edward wasn't exactly on the happy end of the spectrum as a result of his follow-up question. And he said he'd show him when they reached the library. He had been under the impression that students weren't exactly encouraged to cast spells and do magic in the library but Edward probably was more familiar with the rules and regulations of his own school and with the things that one could get away with in Drumstang. Or Bruce hoped that this was the case, he'd be really grumpy if he ended up not being allowed in one of the three libraries cause his project partner did something that wasn't allowed. However, and despite those objections that were possed from a part of him, he simply nodded at Edward, his curiosity proving stronger than his worries and objections.

When they reached the library another reason for confusion made itself visible as Bruce noticed how there weren't many people here. Well that was an understatement really, the library, usually with a bunch of people coming and going at the times that Bruce was here, seemed relatively empty and nobody was close to them at the table that Edward picked for them. His curiosity peeking he focused his attention on Edward, however. When the other boy revealed his non human arm an expression of surprise took over his features. So THAT was why he had been hearing those strange sounds... His surprise however was coupled with admiration and a lack of any signals that indicated he was willing to ask why or how the arm had been replaced. When Edward explained that he and his friend had embedded the wand into his arm the admiration into his expression became even more apparent. "This is amazing... Wow... this is very cool." If anythiing Bruce didn't seem to be considering this revelation to mean that Edward was damaged goods... he did seem rather interested as a matter of fact, his expression more lively than what it had been that far.

He looked at the other boy and tried to decide if he should ask one, or more, of the several questions that had popped into his head with regards to the arm. "That explains it then. And the sound it made, was driving me nuts not knowing what it is... Should I ask more, cause trust me I could be asking from today till Armagedon if you'd let me, or shut up about it and focus back on the project?" he asked figuring that that was the best way to really know.

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 22 Feb 2018, 01:54 PM

N/A

Edward looked anywhere and everywhere except at Bruce’s face. He just… he knew the kind of reaction that this could potentially get out of people and he didn’t want to see that. He didn’t want to see the shock and awe, the pity that would follow after it. He didn’t want to see any of that. He was ashamed of how his body was now. It wasn’t something that he wanted to marvel over. That didn’t mean that he didn’t understand other people's curiosity about it, though. They just didn’t have the same thoughts as he did when he looked at his own reflection. The mind-numbing and nauseating sensation of pain was something that other people would hopefully never understand.

“Thanks,” he said as Bruce went on to say that Edward having a metal arm and hand made sense of the weird tapping sounds he’d been hearing earlier. Edward sighed and gave a nod. “Well, now you know.” Bruce asked if he was basically allowed to ask any more questions about it and Edward frowned for a moment. He didn’t want to talk about it but part of him knew that Bruce might not be able to fully dedicate all of his headspace to the project if his questions about Edward’s arm weren’t answered. He knew because that’s how he was as well. “You can ask them.”

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 29 Mar 2018, 07:27 PM

Judging how people felt and what they thought wasn't Bruce's strong suit, but he could tell that Edward wasn't the most comfortable with talking about their new topic of conversation. He felt a pang of guilt inside. The fact that he wasn't very good with people didn't mean that he intended to make them feel bad or make them uncomfortable even though it seemed that he often did so when he spoke his mind without filtering it. Then again this could also be the case when he tried to be considerate... He shrugged and focused his attention back to Edward when the boy thanked him. What was he thanking him for? He didn't know but he did feel grateful that he had managed to say something that warranted a thankful reply from Edward despite his not knowing what that something was.

Now he did know indeed and when Ed acknowledged the fact he smiled slightly. His dad used to say that knowing was half the battle... Though he wasn't sure how that saying would apply here. When Edward said that he was allowed to ask his questions he offered a wider smile, having barely noticed the frown that was offered along with the permission to ask. Despite that fact he did promise himself that he would do his best to be discreet.

"Well... What else does it do, aside from having the wand embedded inside? Does it act like a normal hand otherwise? How is like having it?" he asked. He did have more questions to ask but he tried to control himself. He hadn't been as discreet as he had promised himself to be... But he was trying." Sorry... I mean I know I can be a bit much... You don't have to answer everything." he added.

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 07:09 PM

N/A

It was actually quite a relief that Bruce didn’t seem freaked out by his arm at all. One of the reasons why he kept it under wraps so much was because he feared what other people would say about it, either to his face or behind his back. He didn’t want them to know. If they knew about his artificial limbs, then they would start asking questions about what had happened and how he had ended up with two metal limbs. But Bruce… hadn’t actually asked any of those questions yet.

Edward’s shoulders dropped, his body relaxing and releasing the tension it had been holding, and he gave Bruce a genuine smile when the other boy apologized. “It’s okay! You actually kinda remind me a lot of my brother,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck with the metal hand. It was cold against his skin, but he was used to it by now. Pulling out a chair, he took a seat at the table that they had claimed.

“It doesn’t really do much else,” he admitted. “It’s pretty durable, so that’s a good thing I guess.” He tried to recall what all Bruce had asked. “I could have had it charmed or something to actually feel warm like a normal hand or arm or whatever, but I didn’t want that. I like the way it looks, it’s just intimidating for other people to actually see it.”

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 10:05 PM

Somehow Ed looked calmer as he asked his questions or so Bruce thought. He was usually oblivious to social cues but the other boy seemed less tense. Did that mean that he had done a good job somehow? He wondered what that was. Seeing the boy's smile when he apologized made him smile too and his next words left him completely speechless. He really didn't know how to respond to it. His smile became softer though feeling touched by the statement. It was just that... Noone that he had just met had made a statement like that. "thank you." he replied wildly uncertain of whether or not that was anywhere near being the right response, giving him a warm smile.

As he begun to explain further about the arm he listened intently not wanting to miss anything. It hadn't occurred to him to ask how or why he had the arm and he wouldn't even if it did. Even years after the death of his parents people sometimes looked at him with pity or asked how he had felt... And he really didn't feel like talking about it. He knew it wasn't the same but still. If Ed wanted to talk about it he would talk about it. Besides he was far more interested in the mechanics of the thing.

"enchant it eh? Well I'm sure there would be a bunch of other enchantments that could be done aside from the warmth. Like be used a shield of some sorts? OR magic storing? The possibilities must be somewhere close to... Endless? And yeah it can look intimidating. It looks very cool and it mustn't bad been easy to make. my congratulations to whoever made it." he said.

Somehow he felt comfortable, his muscles having relaxed and talking with an excitement that was... Child like, a glint into his eyes. He was asking because it was something interesting to him and the mechanics were amazing and the possibilities just endless. He didn't mean to intrude in any way.

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 22 Apr 2018, 08:29 PM

N/A

There was something there, something about the way Bruce reacted when Edward told him that he reminded him of his brother. “Do you have any siblings?” he asked, wondering if something horrible had happened to the other kid’s family. Granted, Edward was in the same boat, but at least he had his brother. He didn’t know what he’d do if he didn’t have Alphonse.

Bruce started talking about all sorts of things that he could do to enchant the metal arm and Edward shrugged. “Honestly, I’m not sure I’ll ever even be able to do magic normally again. So figuring out how to just get by for the next year and a half and be able to get into the program I want to be in after school,” Edward’s voice faded out as he realized that he wasn’t really sure where he was going with that statement. “I don’t know, I just don’t know if stuff like that is what I should be focusing on right now, you know?” Maybe Bruce knew. Maybe. But then again… maybe not.

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 23 Apr 2018, 07:02 PM

When Ed asked him if he had any siblings his smile became a bit bitter. "No. I don't." he said towards him. He could had had. Though technically he did... That was what Oz said anyway. And he did love Evan like a sister and she was one of his best friends. He didn't want to go into detail though not now. There was a lot of pain in the story of his family and while he was more than grateful for the family he had now he wished that he hadn't needed to be adopted in the first place.

When Ed went on he listened to him intently and nodded. "makes sense." he said towards him when he finished talking. "Should we focus back to the project then? That's one thing I'm sure you're gonna do fine at. I mean i AM brilliant." he joked, feeling a bit better already.

His thoughts had threatened to turn to dark places but now it was focused on the project again. "what kind of program do you want to get into anyway?

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture

HOS Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning Taking It Back INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.