admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

I Have Friends In Holy Spaces, Thanos/Loki
gamora stone
 Posted: 3 Jun 2018, 08:02 PM

N/A

Thanos was a man of few civil relationships and even fewer friends. It was difficult to put a number on how many people he actually considered members of that latter category; most of the people who stayed part of his life did so because they served a purpose, and of those whose company he enjoyed aside from their usefulness, he trusted even fewer. He liked to think of Loki as a friend, on their best days. But Thanos had seen so little of the other man lately that he was beginning to question this.

He wasn’t entirely sure what made him want to understand what was happening. It couldn’t be a fear of losing contact with someone—Thanos didn’t fear absurd, trivial things like that. He just needed to ensure that he maintained as many decent connections within the Ministry of Europe as possible. Yes, of course that was it. He’d already lost his standing within one wizarding government, and what a far and rapid fall that had been. He wasn’t about to give up on his path upward through the ranks here so easily. He straightened his tie as he reached Loki’s office. He knocked on the doorframe entered, planning to use the excuse that the door was already open to his advantage. “Ah, so you are here,” he said, giving Loki a half-smile. “I was beginning to wonder.”

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 4 Jun 2018, 06:34 PM

Loki was buried under a few piles of notes and books when Thanos came in. Hearing the knock on the door he looked up and put on a charming smile. He had come to dislike the man and had distanced himself from him, though not in an outright enough manner to create a deep wound there. He knew that Thanos was intelligent though and that he had picked up the difference in his behavior.

He let out a laugh when the man spoke. Why would I go anywhere? he asked his lips settling at a half smile mimicking the one Thanos gave him. Are you here to stay or check on me? he added.

PM
^
gamora stone
 Posted: 5 Jun 2018, 05:05 AM

N/A

He kept his smile in place, determined not to look bothered by how easily Loki smiled at him, like things between them were running just as smoothly as they had always been. Like both of their smiles weren’t as disingenuous as the ones they gave to other people to get what they wanted. He’d hoped they wouldn’t turn this opportunism on one another, and yet… here they were. Thanos considered himself a master of this game, and it chafed at his nerves that Loki seemed just as good at it as he was.

He shrugged, folding his arms across his chest and leaning back against the wall in an effort to look relaxed. “I admit I don’t know, though I was afraid you had. Things seem to always be shifting here, after all.” He pulled in a breath. “It depends, honestly. I thought I’d check on how things are going with your department, but more so on how you are. It seems like ages since we spoke.”

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 5 Jun 2018, 04:03 PM

Loki hadn't thought that there'd be a day when him and Thanos would come to be like this... They had been friends once. The people that Loki legitimately considered to be hos friends were few and the fact that he no longer counted Thanos as one of them had cost him but he could no longer see himself agreeing with the man anymore. He hadn't gone in an outright war with him of course due to his position with the European ministry but...

The fake smiles and showing to other people what they would had liked to see and getting them to do things their way was something that they were both good at and putting their power together they had made an impeccable team... It was a strange day the one they had turned their abilities against one another.

Monitoring the man's movements as he spoke he didn't let his smile fade. Come on... You know that I'm not gonna go anywhere. I'm way too busy with this career to be thinking of getting a new one. Plus it's a fun one. But please do take a seat. What would you like to know about the department and about myself? Can't imagine that m.o.m. Would want to lose you for too long. he said towards him.

PM
^
gamora stone
 Posted: 6 Jun 2018, 05:55 AM

N/A

With each second that passed, Thanos grew more agitated, though he kept this emotion firmly beneath the surface. He wasn’t about to blow years of strategizing, not on something as trivial as his wounded pride. He didn’t know what he expected, exactly. For Loki to crack just a little, to apologize for pulling away from him? Thanos knew that would’ve been absurd to expect. He would’ve seen it as weakness, if the other man had reacted that way. But the intact smile, the seeming comfort with which Loki spoke… they stung more than anticipated.

“Thank you,” he said, stepping forward and taking the seat that was offered to him. He sat with expertly crafted easiness, his arms resting on those of his chair as though it were a throne. “I’m glad to hear that you’ll be sticking around, old friend. It wouldn’t be the same without you.” He contemplated his next words. To approach the personal first, or the professional? “Well, to start, how are things progressing with the integration? My daughter is enjoying being able to take classes at all three schools. Is that the consensus with everyone else? And you’re probably right, of course.” He nodded. He knew he should probably get back to Mavis before too long, but she could do without him for a little while.

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 6 Jun 2018, 07:53 PM

There was a level to which Loki himself was bothered by what was going on but much like Thanos he didn't let it show. After all he had worked real hard on his image and on the face he put forward for people and he very rarely let that slip. Of course that was part of the reason he was bothered. When he had first met Thanos and for a lot of time after that he hadn't thought that he'd ever need to put up a face for him. And it kinda did hurt his own pride how calm and collected Thanos was. Of course he wasn't going to let those things alter his decision. Or make him crack. He had kept on going after far more severe things than this to let this be the one to make him take steps backwards.

If he didn't know any better he'd had thought that Thanos was offering him a compliment when he said that the place wouldn't be the same without him, but he knew this to be a thinly veiled threat. He kept on smiling at the man all the same though. Maybe he was pushing his luck... But well he wasn't going to stop now. It pleases me to hear you say that old friend. But you know... I've existed here before a number of my colleagues and I plan to exist after more of them. Haven't reached this far to stop. he replied to him.

The way in which Thanos took a seat didn't go unnoticed and Loki sat back putting on an image of being utterly relaxed and in his home turf, though only the latter was true. This was a combat between them really and one that Loki wasn't planning on losing either.

It pleases me to know that your daughter is enjoying herself. And I have to admit that we're making progress every day. Things are becoming smoother and with more students coming into an integrated system while those that were here before it gradually graduating we can further improve upon it, seeing how those that only know this system will be bringing all sorts of different insights to it if one is willing to listen and the department is more than willing to do just that. How's your work progressing? I hope you find everything here to your satisfaction. he said towards him.

PM
^
gamora stone
 Posted: 16 Jun 2018, 12:17 AM

N/A

Thanos knew his words could be construed with a double-meaning. He supposed he meant them as a threat, to a degree, but he wasn’t sure whether Loki realized the sincerity beneath them. Of course the cool demeanor and the way Thanos had delivered the words fell more on the side of the threatening—and he was certainly going to review his findings and see what the odds were of ousting his former friend if the meeting took a negative turn—but part of him would hate to see anyone other than Loki in this position. Thanos wasn’t a sentimental man, but he did find it a shame to pretend they hadn’t once been close, and there was no denying that Loki was good at his job.

When the other man replied, however, Thanos’s eyes narrowed. So this was how he wanted to play, was it? He could convince himself that he would outlast Thanos here, but that wasn’t only ridiculous, it was impossible. “I’m sure you’ll outlast some of them,” Thanos conceded with a nod. He hoped he had conveyed that he himself wasn’t about to be one of that unfortunate number. He had goals, long-term aspirations for Vermillion’s position, and he wasn’t going to let a double-crossing employee stand between him and that finish line.

“Thank you. She speaks highly of you in particular.” He spoke with a smile, not willing to let Loki know how much that got under his skin. Perhaps it had been his own fault for introducing Loki as a friend; Gamora didn’t know the two of them weren’t still on good terms, and Thanos didn’t exactly want to admit as much to her. “I’m very glad to hear that things are going smoothly. I think it’s a great strength that your department is willing to listen and take the students into account in its decisions.” He inhaled. “My work is fine, thank you. The Ministry integration couldn’t be going better—it’s a wonder we didn’t think of it sooner. Yes, almost everything is to my satisfaction.”

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 16 Jun 2018, 06:32 PM

It really hadn't occured to loki that Thanos' words had sencerity into them, he only saw how they could be taken as a threat... It had been the lack of such foresight really, among other things, that had landed him being imprisoned and hurt for 4 years and he wasn't planning to repeat those same mistakes any time soon, or at all for that matter. Loki himself wasn't the most sentimental man either and he'd keep a persona in place most of the time, but this still did sting more than what he'd ever come to admit to anyone, even to himself... most probably espcially to himself for that matter. When the man narrowed his eyes at his words he felt a sense of pride inside. That probably wasn't very smart, but he did non the less. The expression that he maintained, however, was neutral and as well composed as he could muster. He did winse a bit though at the man's words. Thanos himself was one of the people that he was planning to outlive here and he was certain that Thanos would had taken it as such. However he smiled at the man, giving him a winning smile. "It makes me so happy to hear you say that Thanos. You know how highly I hold your opinion." a compliment on a first level, but with a double meaning much like the other man's earlier threat/sincere comment. It was a shame really, that it had come to this. They were both very good at their jobs and they could had accomplished so much more working together... but it hadn't been meant to be and so they had come to discussing in thinly veiled threats and insults with a smile, turning their abilities against one another.

When he heard how Gamora spoke higly of him in particular he felt a surge of pride going through him, and that was for two reasons: a. the obvious one which was that he was always pleased by having people speak highly of him and even more so when those people were people who's opinions he valued and b. cause he couldn't imagine how hearing those words could be pleasant for Thanos. "It pleases me to hear that more than what I can say. She's incredibly smart and perceptive and her good opinion of me means a lot to me, due not only to those characteristics, but also due to her being a student under the intergration and your daughter." he said towards the other man.

He nodded at the man's next words, though he didn't offer any comment on them, and he listened to him very carefully as he turned to talk about himself a bit. "That's wonderful to hear. And yes, though it's new ir does make one wonder how we got any work done without it. But why almost everything? What is it that disturbs you?" he asked.

PM
^
gamora stone
 Posted: 12 Jul 2018, 05:00 AM

N/A

With every second that passed, Thanos grew more agitated that Loki seemed so indifferent to him. Was he really that off his game? He was typically far better at making people bend and break, but Loki seemed… stronger than he’d anticipated. He’d grown. Under any other circumstance, Thanos might’ve felt a rush of pride at this observation. Someone he considered a friend or even someone he’d once let hold that position growing stronger usually pleased him. He was good at finding ways that he’d taught them to be strong and that their success could be traced back to him. But this was a different case altogether. When that strength was turned on him, it burned up any good favor he might’ve had otherwise and pushed him straight to anger. Therefore, when Loki winced, Thanos allowed himself the slightest smile. He wouldn’t turn outwardly spiteful, not yet, but letting an ounce of amusement show probably wouldn’t hurt anything. After all, Loki had been the one to threaten him. He’d implied that he would outlast Thanos here, and what was that if not a direct threat? Did he have something planned, or was that too grand of an assumption? Thanos told himself that the other man was all bravado, but… he wasn’t sure.

You know how highly I hold your opinion. The corners of Thanos’s mouth twitched, shifting the miniscule smile into the tiniest sneer, one that he disguised as quickly as he could by speaking. “Absolutely. And you know the esteem in which I hold you.”

He knew he shouldn’t have admitted what Gamora had told him. His daughter was his, not Loki’s. The other man didn’t deserve to take pride, where she was concerned. That was Thanos’s job. “I’m glad it does. And thank you, I’m quite proud of her. She has quite a bright future ahead of her.” One that I’ll have to make sure you aren’t part of, he added mentally.

“It’s certain that more will be done under our administration than ever before.” He considered himself an integral part of the European Minister’s circle, and he imagined the integration would’ve been far less successful without him. At the questions, he inhaled. “Employee morale is questionable, but that’s no problem that can’t be solved.”

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 12 Jul 2018, 07:21 PM

Loki was similarly agrevated to Thanos though he wasn't aware of the level in which he had agitated the other man and he was doing his best to keep his own emotions from his expression. He had grown stronger and better over the years and he'd be a liar to not admit that Thanos had played a part in it. Not that he was going to say as much to Thanos right now, but that was a different story really, wasn't it? He knew that he had winced and he spotted the other man's smile. He wasn't going to delude himself in thinking that the two weren't related.

They had been friends once and event though it had been Loki to had rejected Thanos the man's apparent calmness did make him feel rejected and that did make him a certain level of angry despite the fact that he knew how skilled Thanos was in hiding his true emotions. After all he had learned a few tricks from him.

Threats and thinly vailed insults were things that Loki had come to enjoy over the years but there was a level of enjoyment that he was missing now with this. you know the esteem in which I hold you. the other man said and Loki barely managed not to snort. of course I do old friend. he said towards the other man with a charming smile.

Despite the negative emotions that he felts due to this... He couldn't help but feel happy and amused with the fact that Thanos had made the mistake of admitting how Gamora felt for him. That was truly marvelous. As the man went on Loki nodded along ad he spoke as if this was just another conversation that they were having. I'm glad. And I'm sure she's got a very bright future ahead of her indeed. After all she's got all the right people in her life to ensure that doesn't she? he said towards the man. He actually liked the kid despite the fact that he had grown apart from her father. She was bright and mature and interesting all in a way that reminded him of himself when he was about her age.

oh there's no doubt about that. Though what's wrong with morale? Hadn't had any problems here. he said towards the man as a response to his last comments.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.