admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

my hands are cold, tag: toby/moni
cheza lunel
 Posted: May 17 2017, 04:13 PM

my heart is gold

Spring had settled in full force at Hogwarts; the snow that had seemed never ending over the winter break was finally starting to thaw, leaving behind small buds of flowers just on the brink of blooming. The icy smell of winter that had lingered well into April was gone, and every day Cheza stepped outside in the sunshine, she felt more positive that better things were to come.

It was a completely different situation at Durmstrang. The cold sting that always seemed to hover around her old campus bit at the parts of her skin she hadn't covered when she crossed over the barrier. There was surprisingly still icy patches, stubbornly clinging to the ground in a last ditch effort to trip up anyone not paying attention. Cheza knew if she headed up to the castle, she was sure to run into a few of them; it would be as ever cold as it had been when she was a student. A winter wonderland to some. It had seemed like her own personal prison the first two years she'd spent here, and after that, it had only been warmed by the presence of the friends she'd kept close to her heart.

Thankfully the bitter cold didn't linger this close to the coastline. Something about the warm winds over the sea- it wasn't as pleasant as laying out in the sun in the gardens of Hogwarts or sitting by the fire in her room late at night, but it was better than dragging herself through the snow. The sand and rocks crunched under her feet as she walked just out of the reach of the water, lost for a moment in the memories. Her boys racing and wrestling while Kyler herded her farther away, like he was afraid she'd walk right into the water.

It had been the pain of missing them all and the nostalgia that had drawn her out today. She tried her hardest to spend as much time as possible with the youngest member of their little "pack," but like Kyler, Toby was busy with school and she was busy with work and it didn't work out as often as she wanted. It had been a last minute decision, but with any luck her little note to Toby would reach him soon, and he'd be able to sneak away for a little walk with her.

He'd have to go back to classes or homework eventually, but even seeing her Toby for a little bit would be enough.

tobias valeri | outfit | hope this is an okay starter? ♥

PMEmail
^
tobias valeri
 Posted: May 17 2017, 11:30 PM

The school year was so close to being over and yet so far. The end was in sight and the changing weather was only bringing it closer. This was one of his favorite times of the year but it was being snuffed out by the ever growing pile of homework and studying. There was a stack of books next to him of various subjects. There was no focusing on one thing. Everything was due and all the exams were creeping up. It was miserable, really. There was nothing enjoyable about sitting in the same spot for four hours and not moving except to turn a page or stretch. Tobias sighed, reaching up to run his fingers through his hair and unknowingly smeared some ink onto his forehead in the process.

Relief came in the form of a note from one of his dearest friends. It had been some time since he had seen Cheza, due to both of their schedules being busy. Even so he still saw her the most out of the rest of their group since she was always closest. It was easier for them to just pop in on each other to say hello even if it was just for a couple minutes. Today happened to be just such an instance and Tobias was all too eager to abandon his responsibilities. He felt he deserved a break, even if it was just a few minutes. A visit with Cheza always helped lift his spirits.

With an extra pep in his step, Tobias pulled his coat on and made his way through the corridors of the castle. It took but a few minutes to get out the front doors, where the cold hit his face and instantly he felt more awake. The weather was pleasantly surprising given he’d been cooped up inside all day, which was often cooler inside than outside when the fires weren’t roaring. Tobias hummed appreciatively, enjoying the warmth of the sun even in the chilly weather. The sun was always something to appreciate up here in the north, where it was often prone to disappearing for months during the winter.

The moment he caught side of his dear friend, Tobias picked up his pace. He sprinted towards her, his long and lanky legs making short work of the distance. ”Cheza!” The bracelets on his wrist jingled as he threw up his arm and greeted her with an enthusiastic wave. His plan had been to swoop her up and smother her in a loving embrace but the world had other plans for him. Just as he was nearing her, his foot caught an ice patch and sent him on a one way trip straight into the sand. A shriek of Norwegian curse, ”Faen!” left his lungs as he hit the rocks and sand just seconds later. A burst of laughter filled the air not long after.

---cheza lunel. | Save this child, he's hopeless.

PM
^
cheza lunel
 Posted: May 18 2017, 05:11 PM

my heart is gold

The sound of her name being called in the distance caught her attention. So Toby was able to get away. She turned in the direction of the sound- Toby was hardly quiet, sounding something like a pack of wild dogs running her way- and smiled. Since she'd grown up with her poor vision, it rarely bothered her. Cheza would know his voice anywhere. She could tell that Toby's blur was heading her way quickly, waving enthusiastically, so she stopped and waited for him to catch up to her.

Just as he got close enough for her to make out his sweet smile, he dove down at her feet, tumbling into a heap in the sand. It was pure luck that he found the ice patch when she hadn't (maybe luck wasn't the right word). Her eyes widened at his curse, one Cheza recognized well after spending years with Tsume, but he didn't leave her worrying for long. The sound she made as she knelt to help him up was something caught between a scoff and a laugh, and there was no way she kept the fondness out of her voice, "What an entrance you always make, cyw."

Cheza helped heave the younger boy up and dust off the wet sand now clinging to his pants and shirt. This was hardly a surprising thing for Tobias; for as long as she had known him, he was the klutz of the group. It was charming in a way. Cheza would never try to change him, not when she loved him so just the way he was. She opened her mouth to properly greet him after absently knocking some sand out of his hair then paused, wiping at the ink on his forehead. "Did you fall into your ink pot too?" she asked innocently.

tobias valeri | outfit | Cyw is a welsh endearment that means "little bird/animal" hope that's ok ♥

PMEmail
^
tobias valeri
 Posted: May 19 2017, 06:27 PM

Tobias had hoped that over the years he would have grown out of this clumsiness. It was embarrassing. Fortunately, he had grown use to it and come to terms with just laughing at himself whenever things like this happened. Even when he wasn’t entirely sure whether he was unharmed or not. Laugh first, and then check for damage after. Luckily he had friends like Cheza who were willing to help him up and help with the damage control. One day he might learn to be a little more mindful of his surroundings, but that would require him to tone down his excitement. There was a slim chance of that.

”Sorry!” He barked out, a sheepish smile spread across his lips as he was helped to his feet. ”Watch out, that ice is dangerous.” The warning might be a little delayed but it was the thought that counted, right? At least it had been him and not Cheza. He’d rather fall a thousand times than see her fall. ”Okay, but seriously that ice was out to get me. I don’t know what I did to it but it’s very spiteful.” Shifting his brown eyes back towards the offensive ice patch, he gave it a short lived squint of disapproval.

Tobias’ face scrunched up much like any child did when their mother went to clean their face. A cough followed by a, ”No,” was his response to her question. When had he gotten ink on his face? Whatever. ”Thanks, Cheza. What would I do without you?” While the question was rhetorical, it was also genuine. Tobias wrapped his arms around her, flashing her a cheerful smile. ”Thanks for the invite. I was starting to get stir crazy being in the castle. You know how it is.” They’d spent plenty of hours cooped up in the castle together, by choice or otherwise. ”How is it over at Hogwarts? Bet it’s sunny and warm..” There was a hint of jealousy in his voice.

PM
^
cheza lunel
 Posted: May 23 2017, 03:51 PM

my heart is gold

Cheza leaned to the side to look over Toby's shoulder in the general direction of the offending ice patch, then gently with a barely there touch to his arm lead him a step further away. "I have learned that ice very rarely plays fair, whether you have done anything or not. Thank you for the warning." It probably seemed to Toby, with his clumsiness, that most things were out to get him. Cheza could sympathize; she certainly felt that way about stairs sometimes.

Her smile warmed at the ridiculous expression he gave her as she wiped away the ink on his forehead. (Well, most of the ink. She didn't think he'd appreciate her dipping her fingers in the icy water over a tiny spot that he could wash away later.) It wasn't the first time she'd heard one of the boys say that about her, not even the first time from Toby, but just as all the other instances, Cheza could only shake her head. What would he do without her? What would Cheza do without Toby around to remind her not to be afraid of the world around her? Instead of answering, she tipped up on her tiptoes and let him sweep her up in a warm embrace.

They wandered naturally as they talked, neither of them completely comfortable with being still for long. This was comfortable, the two of them walking like this reminded her of her schooling a couple of years ago, as did the reminder of how cramped up the castle could seem at times. "I wouldn't be here without you," she answered honestly, humming a little at the note of envy carried over in Toby's voice. "Some days. Most of the time it rains. There are always clouds. But," she paused to listen to the waves crashing against the shore for a moment then continued, "it's true that it's warmer. Everywhere is warmer than here." It was nice to know that she didn't have to stay, even if it broke her heart a little that she would eventually have to send Toby back.

"You will have to come. Visit me before the semester ends." The thought of a picnic out near the lake at Hogwarts sounded lovely. If luck won out, maybe Kyler would even be able to join them. "There is a giant squid in the water. I don't think they would mind us trying to feed it."

PMEmail
^
tobias valeri
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 06:49 PM

As they walked along the edge of the coastline, Tobias positioned himself between Cheza and the water. Just to prevent any unwelcomed accidents for Cheza. The water could be a tricky thing, and much like the ice patches, there was no telling when they would attack. Or at least that was what his excuse would be if it ever came up. He kept close to her, as he did with all his friends due to his lack of apparent personal space or consideration for others. It was the way he had always been even when told to be otherwise. Some called it clinginess, but Tobias argued it was for comfort. Something about being in close proximity to the people he was close to settled his nerves and put him at ease.

”It’s that time of year, isn’t it? June gloom, or whatever they call it?” So he had been wrong about the sun and warmth. That was fine. It would come soon enough, or so he hoped. Even one warm sunny day would be enough to lift his spirits even just a little bit. Months of snow and freezing temperatures was enough to damper anyone spirits, even those who enjoyed that short of weather. ”I like the cold weather but it gets to me after a while,” he admitted. This winter had been particularly hard for him with everything that had happened over the summer. The long dark days left far too many hours for him to think about what he had done and what he was hiding from everyone.

Tobias leaned down to pick up a large shell and ran his fingers over the smooth surface. ”Of course! I’m pretty busy with all the exams coming up but I can always find time for you.” Taking breaks was healthy for the brain, right? As long as he didn’t goof off for too long he was positive it would bring no harm to his grades. ”What do squids eat? Fish? Kids?” Tobias’ eyes grew wide as his imagination took off. ”What if it tries to eat us?” A whine escaped his lips, ”I’m too young to die.” The last thing he wanted, or needed, was another brush with death. Once was quite enough for the remainder of his life.

”Here,” Tobias took her hand and placed the shell in it. A silly little gift but it was the thought that counted, right? ”It’s as white as snow..reminds me of Ky’s wolf, too.” There were few things in the world as pure in color as those things. At least as far as he had encountered so far.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon a Panfandom RP
HOS
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning The Arrow INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.