you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

radio clash from pirate satellite, tag: alfred/mandee!
bernard vincent
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 05:25 PM

N/A

ORBITING YOUR LIVING ROOM,
CASHING IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS
No one at Beauxbatons was talking about anything but Nagito Komaeda's arrest.

Bern only knew Nagito in passing - he'd actually mistaken the kid for Hope Naegi initially, and just about had a heart attack when he saw someone he thought had been arrested for murder wandering around the hallways, looking wildly upset. Once he sorted that out, Bern's curiosity got the better of him. He wasn't the brightest bulb, but something about a student managing to commit multiple murders seemed weird to him. Especially a student that Bern had never noticed before. If someone told him that the intense blonde girl from Music Class killed two people, Bern would totally believe it. She wore heels that doubled as weapons and looked like a Kill Bill character. An average brunette Japanese teenager with no magic powers killing two people? Maybe if this was a movie?

The more he dug, the more Bern remained convinced that some information was getting lost in the shuffle. He wanted to make sure that everyone at school had all of the available facts, because the amount of "he totally did it"-"he is obviously an innocent cinnamon roll"-"FITE ME BRO" he'd heard around Beauxbatons lately was getting to him. Ted didn't really know what to think, either, but when Bern expressed some reservations about the whole situation to Professor Stevens, the professor drunkenly suggested a podcast.

Wasn't actually a bad idea.

Bern asked Alfred to help him set up some sound equipment in one of the classrooms at Beauxbatons, since Bern wasn't the best at electronics or technomagic or radios or not lighting things on fire. Hopefully Alfred's expertise could help him, he thought as he lifted a sound board out of a box. How did Professor Stevens have all of these things? Why? Maybe it wasn't worth thinking about.

"I, heh, I really appreciate you coming to help," Bern told Alfred as he sought to find an outlet for the sound board. Maybe he should've made sure this room was suitable before he lugged all the boxes in here. "The easy part will be recording everything in the podcast. It's like... a radio show. I think Professor Liddell is having a listening party?" He paused, bending beneath the desk to look for an outlet. "...what do you think of all this?"

@alfred jones | 389 | aaaand they are now tangentially involved in Nagito's arrest

--------------------
user posted image
Many thanks to the amazing Kyros for this amazing banner <3
PM
^
alfred jones
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 06:48 PM

"I just need a little bit of magic!"
Though Alfred wasn't a student at Beauxbatons, news traveled fast. Especially when it was news along these lines. He didn't know Nagito that well, but something seemed immensely off about the whole situation. Alfred did a bit of research into the situation out of curiosity, soon discovering that the victims in question were associated with the Ministry and with a French newspaper. Now it wasn't impossible, especially when one considered that Nagito was dating the warden of Azkaban..but it seemed unlikely that a student would have the capability to pull that off during the school year.

..what's more, most of the folks that he did know from Beauxbatons were entirely convinced of Nagito's innocence, and they honestly knew Nagito better than he did. "Makes me feel a bit bad I didn't get to know him before now honestly. Hopefully they release him when they realize how ridiculous this all is. Definitely wondering who the real culprit is at this point." And if Nagito was really being framed..why? Who did it, and why did they choose Nagito as a fall boy? Man, the more he asked questions the deeper he found himself in the rabbit hole.

He met Bern in the classroom, giving him a kiss in greeting before peering around at the equipment. As soon as Bern suggested it, Alfred was all about helping out. He wanted to get involved, especially with Bern by his side. "Wouldn't miss it. And yeah the recording part's easy, it's setting up that'll take a bit longer. This gonna be a one time thing or a regular thing?" He honestly wouldn't mind doing this sort of thing with Bern more often, something where they could both utilize their voices to address concerns that were important to him. And the best part? They'd get to do it together.

But for now they had a specific motive behind what they were doing, and Alfred had to remember to focus on that in particular and not get too far ahead of himself. He didn't even bother answering the last part of Bern's questions, but it was abundantly clear what Alfred thought of this - He approved greatly, and was eager to get to work
by UmbrellaRain from BTN and GS.
PM
^
bernard vincent
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 01:55 PM

N/A

As Alfred entered the classroom, Bern felt his heart swell a bit. It was still weird to think that Alfred was his boyfriend again, and that he didn't hate anything about Bern's past, and that they were actually moving forward. Bern tried not to think too hard about his good fortune, especially in the face of something so unsettling and weird happening within their schools. Sure, there were arguments breaking out everywhere, but then Bern saw people like Hope Naegi just hiding in corners, looking like they hadn't stopped crying, and everything fell into focus.

"I just find it hard to believe that someone really thinks a schoolkid killed an Auror," Bern said with a grimace. "Like, I guess Nagito could've gotten the drop on him somehow, but if he did, that means the guy was a shitty Auror." Bern paused, not having much luck with the plug and sighing. "...I didn't know him all that well, either. He was in a few of my classes, but I didn't go out of my way to talk to him or anything. But I don't really do that with anyone except Andi or Ted..." Bern frowned, realizing that he really didn't have a whole lot of friends at Beauxbatons.

Bern melted into the kiss, smirking a little too widely when Alfred pulled away. "I'm hoping to do this more than once, if people listen to it, y'know?" Bern figured that he probably wasn't going to find a plug, so he instead went into another box and pulled out a small magical device he'd borrowed from Professor Seong - a portable power box. This would certainly do the trick. Bern was just hoping he didn't have to use it, but hey, it wasn't the end of the world. "There's apparently going to be a huge trial and everything, and I feel like, hey, people should know what's going on and what people who aren't the ministry are saying, right? Like back in the day, there were pirate radio stations and they floated around in the ocean to undermine UK radio because of how draconian the censorship was. I don't think we're quite at that point yet, but..."

Once plugged in, the soundboard whirred to life, with some lights blinking in front of him. Bern was transfixed, but clearly had no idea what he was doing. "Woah. Heh. Cool."

@alfred jones | 402 | he likes lights.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
alfred jones
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 06:48 PM

There was something weird going on, Alfred could tell that immediately. He wasn't as impacted by it as Bern was on account of attending Durmstrang rather than Beauxbatons on a regular basis, but the integration of the schools meant that all of the schools were impacted by this to some extent, even if only peripherally. Alfred couldn't help but snort when Bern mentioned that the auror must have been a shitty one if Nagito actually was guilty, but..well, it was true. Either the guy in question was absolutely horrible at his job or there was something else going on, and it honestly seemed like the latter.

"Do they even have a motive for him? Cause I wouldn't think that a Beauxbatons student would have much to do with a British auror in the first place? I mean I know he's dating the warden of Azkaban but that still seems pretty crazy." It did mean that there could be a motive if Jensen Ward had a history of issues with said auror, but it still seemed awfully unlikely that Jensen Ward would have sent his teenaged boyfriend to do his dirty work for him if that were the case. He'd have to do more research on the case before they did the full blown podcast.

He couldn't help but chuckle at Bern's statement after the kiss, following it with another one. "I'm gonna assume you mean the podcast and not the kiss, but we can do that more than once too. There's also the fact that the ministry is going to be going through channels like The Daily Prophet. Man they need to get with the times." He couldn't help but roll his eyes. He was getting increasingly frustrated with how adamantly stuck in the mud much of wizarding society was. The wizarding world was missing out on so many opportunities for advancement.

..and it wasn't even that the old technologies were necessarily bad either. It was just that the stubborn insistence on doing things the old way was ridiculous. It happened in the No-Maj/Muggle world too of course, but not to the same extent as it did with the wizarding world and that needed to be addressed too. He grinned when he saw and heard the soundboard working
PM
^
bernard vincent
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 11:50 AM

N/A

Bern made a face when Alfred brought up Nagito's relationship. Yeah, he'd be the first to admit that it was really creepy - and maybe it was just Bern's absolutely awful personal experience talking there, but shouldn't a forty-year-old man be able to, I dunno, find someone who had actually graduated school to be with? Nagito was decently above age, but it still skeeved Bern out. "I mean... Mr. Ward seems like enough of a lunatic to kill someone himself if he was really pissed off. Or just send a Dementor to do it." That was the rub of it. Bern knew that people were capable of destructive, awful, vindictive acts, all in the name of serving themselves. But there were always hints. Dual personalities, like in movies, didn't happen in the easy, horror-movie way that absolved the attacker of all their guilt. The more Bern thought about what happened to him, part of the reason that he had such a hard time absolving himself of some blame was because he picked up on new signals every time - small touches, weird turns of phrase, glossing over them mentally because someone actually wanted him to succeed...

...Bern looked at the tabloids. The writing about Nagito and his partner was always volatile, vile, implying that Nagito was underage and that the Warden was a predatory sex addict. The weird thing was, though, the pictures didn't actually suggest anything of the sort. It was like they were trying to force a narrative that fit perfectly into Bern's fears. And on top of all that, the Warden was one of the most powerful men in the Wizarding World. It would probably be better if he wasn't, given the ongoing battle about Dementors and their place in incarceration and his insistence on using them, but if he wanted someone gone, would he have sent an eighteen-year-old with no magic to messily stab someone, or would he, a former Dueling Champion with all manner of convicts, disturbing magical creatures, and loyal guards at his disposal, simply make them vanish without a trace?

"Not that I like that relationship," Bern said quickly, working on getting the microphone hooked up. He thought about elaborating, but Al would get it. He moved on. "There's rumours that a woman left his house the night after Nagito was arrested, which..." For all Bern wanted to help Nagito, he really didn't like Nagito's choice in men. His face soured more, but the expression was, thankfully, wiped away by Al's kiss.

Al mentioned the Daily Prophet, and Bern snorted, stopping his work to pull out his backpack and set it on the desk, next to the sound board. "That's an interesting part of this - the Daily Prophet is doing just what you said. They're remaining barely neutral. But you'd think that Les Amuse-Bouche would be delighted over this, right? They've been trying to take down Azkaban for decades and they've been reporting a whole bunch of tabloid shit about the Warden's life." To prove his point, Bern pulled a stack of old tabs out of his backpack. The top one had a rather lurid photo of the two of them dancing in some dirty underground club, looking like the very definition of suspicious. "My mom sent me their latest issue."

He handed it to Al, with the headline - which outright stated that Nagito was being railroaded - in huge font for all to see.

"There's something going on here," Bern noted. "And I just want people to know the facts, yeah, but... none of this makes any sense to me. Either a teenager completely lost it and stabbed multiple people without anyone noticing - and the psychology of humanity can be intensely difficult to understand, and he may have felt his soul was doomed anyways, or any number of things, I didn't talk to him much so I don't know - or there's a deeper story here. Either way, it's pretty fuckin' weird." Bern turned back to the microphone, testing it. "Heh, what do they say in that old musical? 'Moses supposes his toes-es are roses?' Bern paused. He wouldn't know if it was working because the recording device wasn't plugged in. Good job.

Bern did belatedly freeze a bit, though. "...I'd like to kiss you again, yeah." He smiled dorkily.

@alfred jones | 723 | i never thought about it, but it does make sense for bern to really not be okay with jenito.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
alfred jones
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 04:48 PM

Alfred wasn't sure what to make of Jensen. He didn't know enough about Jensen to have an opinion of the guy one way or another. But he did have a point that Jensen Ward had more than enough resources to do in his enemies. So why would he enlist his barely legal boyfriend? Especially when he had dementors at his disposal. Alfred gave an involuntary shiver at the mention of dementors. Not that he'd had much experience with them himself, but he didn't particularly want to from what he heard described about them. An encounter with one sounded like torture in itself.

"Man, I just..I can't believe that Nagito would have done this. I don't even know the guy and something about it doesn't seem right. You're right, it would be so easy to send a death phantom after someone and call it good." Death phantom. That had a much better ring to it than dementor..even though dementors didn't exactly kill people from what Alfred knew. But they might as well, especially from the way a dementor's kiss was described. Alfred let out another involuntary shudder. Good thing Bern was moving to different subjects.

Alfred couldn't help but let out a snort. "It's the 'without anyone noticing' part that gets me. Kid feeling stressed out and going apeshit isn't unheard of. But this seems way too sophisticated for a guy not even out of Beauxbatons." This wasn't even in the same realm. It wasn't the murders themselves, but rather how the murders were committed that left Alfred doubting Nagito's guilt. If Nagito was just lashing out, he'd go after those around him..not men who worked at the Ministry and Les Amuse-Bouche.

He grinned when Bern mentioned that he wanted to kiss him again. Alfred's lips met Bern's once more. At this rate they'd probably wind up spending more time making out than actually putting together this podcast..but hey, so long as they did what they set here to do eventually it wouldn't be that much of a problem

PM
^
bernard vincent
 Posted: May 19 2017, 12:08 AM

N/A

Death phantom? Bern quirked an eyebrow. That sounded like a badass metal band he'd never heard of. Death Phantom, coming at you live from Budokai! Bern smirked before realizing that it would be wildly inappropriate to smile right now. "Sorry. I thought... that would be a kickass name for a band, Death Phantom. Is that what Dementors are called in the US?" Bern was still getting used to all the terminology that Alfred threw at him - he now blended together Muggle and No-Maj in his speech, using them interchangeably, but he knew there was still a lot more to learn. "But I agree with you... I know him as like, quiet and boring and book-reading. Not a scary loner or anything, just a loner loner." Bern shrugged before working on the microphone.

Al didn't address the nature of Nagito's relationship with the Warden, which was for the best, and focused on how bizarre the whole situation was. If Nagito had just snapped, things wouldn't be this sophisticated. Bern nodded. "I mean, I don't know him. But I know his friends had this huge falling out with this guy from Durmstrang? Like, if I was going nuts and wanted to kill someone, why not the guy I'm already mad at?" Bern frowned. "I mean... when that guy kidnapped me, it was because I was right there. He didn't have to go out of his way to get to me." Bern stopped his brain from spiraling off into 'and I was gullible' and other blame words. Al told him it wasn't his fault. Until he could internalize that, he had to hold on to his words.

Al ignored the newspaper, though, kissing him again. Bern smirked into the kiss, moving away from the microphone that he'd just plugged in to wrap his arms around his boyfriend. Al felt so safe; how did Bern ever leave this before? He deepened the kiss a bit, his mind still clouded with weird, invasive thoughts about this whole situation. If Bern was being honest with himself... he'd been in the same situation as Nagito. Maybe. If Nagito was innocent. Bern pulled away from Al briefly, still hovering close to him. "Empathy is really weird, y'know?" Bern suddenly blurted out. "Like... I feel like I could totally relate to what's happening to Nagito right now, even though it's... pretty different. I don't know. Human connection is just as weird as human psychology. I'm rambling. I should've just kept kissing you."

alfred jones | 420 | ...and it also makes sense for Bern to relate to him too much.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
alfred jones
 Posted: May 20 2017, 04:48 PM

Alfred hadn't intended to confuse Bern with his statement - Nor did he think that dementors had a different name in the U.S. - They certainly weren't given a different name at Ilvermorny when he studied them in Defense Against the Dark Arts. He couldn't help but grin when Bern suggested that 'Death Phantom' would be a good name for a band. It really would, come to think of it. Too bad Alfred preferred to listen to music over playing it, or else he'd suggest that he and Bern start a band just to utilize the name. That said, he did have some friends who were into music..

"Nah, I just thought the name fit them. And..yeah, something just feels weird about the whole thing. Nothing really adds up the way that it should from what I've heard." Not that he'd necessarily heard a ton, but he'd heard enough to reach some conclusions of his own on the matter. He frowned when Bern brought up being kidnapped..it was a difficult subject, but it said something that Bern felt comfortable enough around Alfred to bring it up like that. He reached out to take Bern's hand and give it a squeeze, just in case he needed that little bit of comfort.

Once Alfred finished kissing Bern, he finally peered down at the paper that Bern handed to him. He looked back to Bern when Bern commented that he could relate to what happened with Nagito in an odd way. "It's weird, but it kinda makes sense too? Something crazy happens and you relate it to your own experiences. I think everyone kinda does that." That being said..as much as he didn't mind Bern's rambles (because Bern's rambles weren't always rambles, especially when Alfred could actually follow his train of thought like he could this time).

..but he couldn't deny that the offer of continuing the kiss was tempting, and thus he met Bern's lips with his own once more. At this rate they'd end up making out before they even got started..
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay
Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- OHaV HOS The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.