admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

What a Beautiful Mess, Tag: Takumi
arya tritan
 Posted: 28 Apr 2018, 10:56 PM

N/A

You're not getting cold fins now, are you?
She was going to scream if someone tried to compare potions to cooking to her again.

To her credit, Arya hadn't managed to make anything spectacularly explode this term, so it was some small improvement. But she was still pretty damn sure that her potion wasn't supposed to look like this. "This is most definitely not yellow." She muttered to the tar-like substance that glooped in her cauldron. "Let alone sunshine-y."

The Elixir to Induce Euphoria. Well, she was as far from euphoric as humanly possible. And she wasn't even entirely sure how she had managed to screw it up this time. Arya looked at the watch hidden in the mess of bracelets on her wrist. She could restart one more time and have something by the end of the class period, hopefully of the more yellow variety.

Arya looked over at her tablemate's cauldron. They seemed to faring better than she was. "How do you manage to get it to work??"

CODED BY ELECTRIC OF SHINE

~*~*~
Tagged: Takumi Sumeragi
Notes: bear with the bean she really hates this class
Outfit: -need to upload-
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 30 Apr 2018, 03:03 AM

Takumi usually did enjoy the occasional "lets switch things up and host class with the other school for building relationships" or whatever goal was the case for these kind of meetings...but there was always something so...gross about taking potions down in the dungeon. It wasn't even that he was a snob or anything but...the air felt so thick right by the lake, and everything felt so damp and moist, and cold and just gross. There had to be some sort of open classroom in the main castle so why did they have to have class like this?

He was trying his best to deal with it though, as he patiently pittered away at his potion. Elixer to Enduce Euphoria...god knows he could probably use that in his life. It smelled nice at least, the scent of pepperment coming from the brew did do a bit to get rid of the general dungeon smell. All good for a day's work if he did say so himself.

The Hogwarts student at his table (a Slytherin which means she had to live down in these dungeons, poor thing...) started enquiring at him and he looked, up and let out a laugh as he saw her cauldron. "Oh my god how did you mess that up so badly?" He continued laughing as he adjsuted his neatly tied hair out of the way. "I mean I just...followed the instructions? Remember you have to use precise measurements. I bet you added too many porcupine quills." He felt bad for her, having to try again and especially having to try to handle porcupine quills again.

Takumi jolted back as a little rainbow appeared from his cauldron, "Oh isn't that cute." he said, realizing a moment later that probably looked like gloating to the girl. "Until Professor Teton comes over, to look at mine, do you need any help?"

arya tritan
PM
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 10 May 2018, 04:59 PM

N/A

Well, that was comforting. She already knew she had managed to royally screw up the potion, she knew the difference between colors. "I have no bloody idea! It just...did." If she knew how she had managed to muck it up maybe she'd be able to fix it. Instead she picked up her wand from the messy array of ingredients and her notebook and cleaned the mess from her cauldron.

"That's what I was doing...and you can see how well that turned out." She wasn't doing badly in potions from lack of trying, she just didn't have the eye to do this sort of thing. It was a wonder she had managed to get this far with potions studies without getting disappointed letters sent home.

Of course the potion would make rainbows. Which meant the Beauxbaton was done. Arya felt her mood sink further, the red in her hair muting slightly. In theory it wasn't a hard potion, she just needed to add things and stir and watch the colors. In reality, she was refilling her cauldron with the potion base and holding a vial of peppermint sprigs, waiting for the liquid to heat.

"Erm..." Arya typically wasn't one to ask for help. But if her practical grades sunk any lower, she was going to be in hot water not only with Professor Teton, but her father too. She could only screw up so many times. "Please. Although I'm not sure what there is to help with just yet."

~*~*~
Notes: Potion Reference (gonna use the behind the scenes instructions)
Outfit: -need to upload-
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 25 May 2018, 11:16 PM

Takumi laughed again, "Haha its okay. We all have stuff we're not good at. You should have seen me trying to take Technomagic...though unlike this I was able to drop that." Takumi was pretty good at most of the core curriculum, and he was very thankful for that.

He watched her as she began making the potion again, carefully observing, before he suddenly reached out and grabbed her hand when he realized the issue, "You're adding way too much peppermint, I think. You should recount. Remember its like cooking you have to be REALLY precise. " That had been a lesson his parents had taught him as a child, when they let him help make food for New Years, and some of his had turned out as complete disasters.

He realized a moment later how rude he was to grab a girl's wrist without even knowing her name, and he found himself turning red as he released her, "Oops I'm sorry, I'm uhh..." He tried to find a word that wasn't totally negative...and he was unable to find one. "I'm uhh Takumi by the way." . Trying to make her forget his awkward faux pas, he smiled sheepishly, "How can you live down here like this? Its so...moist." Okay that wasn't much better.

arya tritan I'm so sorry he's sooo awkward.
PM
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 7 Jun 2018, 05:41 PM

N/A

"'Not good,' is describing my potions skills rather mildly." she muttered. The Beauxbatons clearly had never seen or heard of some of her more royal screw ups, one of which involved her having to order a new cauldron. "Before the integration you could drop potions after fifth year, but nooo. Half of my sisters didn't have to keep doing potions unless they wanted to." Which, the Ravenclaw ones did. Not really a shocker to her.

Arya froze when he kept her from adding the peppermint. That was the first step, according to her notes. And the board. But...too much? "It just says until it's red. That isn't exactly a number." Yes, potions were precise, but this one was anything but at the moment. Hell, she hadn't even done anything yet. Her hair color grew to a much deeper red at the cooking comment. "That really doesn't work for me. Why do people keep saying that?? I can cook just fine. You saw what happens when I tried to make a potion."

"Also, excuse you." Arya raised her eyebrow as he was still holding her wrist. So she wasn't going to add peppermint yet. Got it. But it still didn't change the fact that it was the first step. Or well, introductions were supposed to be a first step. Takumi. "Arya." she said, her hair color returning back to normal. The Slytherin wasn't even truly aware of what her hair was doing, not with it being tied back. That was one accident she didn't need to have happen.

That...was not how Arya would describe the dungeons. Damp, maybe. Cold, humid, yes. "My family is originally from the coast. I'm used to it being odd forms of muggy." Also she would not be swayed from the fact that she thought mermaids lived in the lake. And that always gave her some wonder about her home away from home. Few others believed her, but when she was ignoring doing her homework, she was often tucked away on a window seat watching the lake, the plants waving lazily in the water.

"So how much peppermint actually then?" A color change still wasn't a number.

~*~*~
Notes: Awkward Taco, meet Grumpy Arya XD
Outfit: -in the process of being added to shoplook-
Potions Reference
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.