you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Red Head Revelio, Arya, Jean
polly esther
 Posted: 10 Mar 2018, 08:27 AM

N/A

Would somebody please cue that bird?

So far, even with everything else she'd seen the past week or two, Polly would still rank mealtime pretty high on the list of her favorite things about this place. Coming from having pizza for dinner at least four days a week, it was an experience. Not that the pizza probably wasn't amazing here either. She'd have to keep her eyes open, but the meals at this school in particular seemed a bit too fancy for something like that.

Maybe it was time to risk a meal at one of the other schools? Not that she thought either of those countries were better known for their pizza or anything. Was there one for Italian wizards? She'd have to ask.

Polly was a bit lost in thought, which was almost normal for her so far. Everywhere she looked, there was something new that required a lot of mental processing. Filling her plate, her attention was finally pulled back to the real world (relatively real, she would've quipped) when a boy's voice rose over the general background noise of students eating (along with the sound of what someone had explained to her was a wood nymph choir).

"Just grab me some, yeah, it's there next to all the redheads!"

And so Polly looked up from her plate, glancing behind her as another boy darted past to grab some of the same item she'd just scooped onto her own plate. As he vanished back into the crowd, she looked to either side, realizing there really was a noticeable amount of bright red hair coincidentally concentrated in that part of the dining room.

"Huh, what are the odds...?" She managed an awkward smile as the other redheads all likely came to the same conclusion about their current location.

PM
^
jean grey
 Posted: 12 Mar 2018, 05:39 AM

N/A

you've got these little things that you've been running from, you either love it or guess you don't
After a particularly grueling Divination assignment that had kept her up far later than she'd planned, Jean had fallen asleep on top of her textbook with a cup of tea leaves sitting beside her. She'd awoken around four in the morning to haul herself to bed and flick off the light after catching sight of her disheveled hair and a book-shaped red mark on her cheek in the mirror. Jean had been too tired to be embarrassed, but the same couldn’t be said when she woke up an hour after her alarm and realized she’d slept too late to go to Charms. She’d trudged around her dormitory, running over excuses she could make during the next class that sounded cleverer than “I stayed up too late studying and overslept.” Still, she knew that was exactly the type of thing her professor and her peers would expect from her.

She’d gotten ready slowly, realizing she had no need to rush now that it was too late for her first class, and made it to Transfiguration a few minutes early. By lunchtime, she was still irritated with herself for slacking. If there was one thing she never handled well, it was falling behind on her schoolwork. She kept her Divination book under her arm as she filled her plate, and she was still mentally running through the list of interpretations for a giant bird dominating her tea leaves when she heard a boy’s voice calling across the hall.

"Just grab me some, yeah, it's there next to all the redheads!"

Jean blinked. She looked up as she shifted her book more securely onto her lap beneath the table and surveyed the area. Just as the boy had said, she was surrounded by other young women with red hair. When the girl across from her spoke, Jean cracked a smile.

”It is very unlikely, isn’t it? Statistically, there aren’t all that many of us.” She shifted a roll onto her plate.

tagged: polly esther arya tritan notes. Sorry for the delay!
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 12 Mar 2018, 06:45 PM

N/A

You're not getting cold fins now, are you?
Arya tended to avoid eating lunch at Hogwarts when she could this term. So when her classes had her at one of the other schools, she tended to stay there to eat until she absolutely had to leave. It meant she could avoid having to hide around the Great Hall to ensure that her sister didn't come looking for her.

Today it just meant she'd be doing an awful lot of studying for Potions before going to the music club meeting. Although her version of 'studying,' especially for potions, was more like 'stare at the book and hope something makes sense.' Oftentimes it didn't, and her quill, instead of making notes, was idly tracing curlicues in the margins as she sipped on her pumpkin juice.

Pumpkin juice that was very nearly spat out at the sound of "Just grab me some, yeah, it's there next to all the redheads!" She hadn't quite caught the plural, and her face blanched for the briefest of moments, making her flaming red hair stand out even more. Her sister hadn't found her had she? Arya looked up from her book to see if she could spot her sister. Instead she saw two other redheads. "Oh." Red heads. Plural. So it wasn't her sister.

Arya shrugged at the mention of the likelihood. "Statistically there are even less like me." She typically didn't show other people her ability, but..just this once. Arya made a face as if she was thinking extremely hard, and her hair shifted colors from flaming red to black, before it reverted back. "Usually I just keep it red."

CODED BY ELECTRIC OF SHINE

~*~*~
Tagged: polly esther & jean grey
Notes: you're totally fiiiiine. Also, Arya is a metamorphmagus. Eyes and hair only though.
Outfit: -need to make one but hey Arya's first post!-
PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 13 Mar 2018, 03:28 AM

N/A

Polly settled into that seat across from Jean, now that she'd filled her plate, including some of that in demand item that had caused the outburst. She caught that response, as well as a glimpse of that book she was carrying before she stuffed it out of sight. "Yeah, right, especially where I came from." She noticed this one had on almost the same uniform as her, except for those cuffs, but Jean didn't have the same accent as most of her other new classmates. Another American? Well, the French students considered her American, at least.

Meanwhile, the next redhead to speak sounded mostly how Polly had come to expect, when she saw that particular uniform. Arya was blushing, which she knew from experience wasn't a good look with that hair. And there was another book. A few weeks ago Polly would've thought she'd wound up at the nerd table...but everyone here loved those books. If she pictured the two of them checking their smartphones during lunch, it made more sense.

Before she could try to introduce herself or say much of anything else, that little trick did a good job of distracting her. "Wha...huh? Was that a spell?" Her eyes flickered around, not spotting a wand. Polly already understood those were basically required for this stuff, and was getting used to keeping her eyes peeled for them, just in case something weird happened. "...a potion?" That was her second guess, as she eyed the drink Arya had almost choked on. It seemed normal enough. For pumpkin juice.

"I mean, that's a really handy trick. Better than a lot of 'em." Polly glanced between the two girls sitting across from her, with their books. Possibly waiting for Jean to do something surprising as well. Although she'd control herself this time. Probably. "Oh, uh, I'm Polly. I'm new. Like, really new." She grinned awkwardly again, trying to keep an eye on both girls while she began poking food into her mouth.

jean grey arya tritan

PM
^
jean grey
 Posted: 13 Mar 2018, 05:44 AM

N/A

you've got these little things that you've been running from, you either love it or guess you don't
Jean’s eyes widened as she watched the girl’s hair shift to black, and she swallowed a bite of roll quickly to avoid choking on it. She’d heard of metamorphmagi, but she had never had the chance to speak with one before now. She smiled and brought her hands together in an appreciative slow clap. “That’s fantastic. It looks great red, and the black’s a good look on you, too.”

As casually as possible, she glanced to the pitcher of water and focused all her efforts on channeling her magic into a nonverbal Wingardium Leviosa. Her wand was still within the pocket of her robes, and she wasn’t entirely sure how successful the effort would be without it. The pitcher twitched, and Jean’s stomach lurched as she briefly imagined it spilling all over the table. Then, thankfully, it rose, and she guided it over slightly to fill her glass before replacing it on the table. Pride surged through her—the spell was getting easier all the time. She made a mental note to try it with heavier objects when she was in a less-populated area.

Her attention shifted when the girl across from her—Polly—spoke, and she held out a hand. “Glad to meet you, Polly. I’m Jean.” She then offered her hand to the other girl, whom she believed she’d seen at music club meetings. She mentally chastised herself for being too inwardly focused during club functions; she was always so distracted by the topic of discussion that she lost track of names, in group settings.

tagged: polly esther arya tritan notes.
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 06:23 AM

N/A

Arya grinned. "Neither." Again, she didn't usually show people what she could do, either opting to change her hair before she left the dormitories or not at all. "Thanks." she said to the red head across from her. Black was the latest color she had taken to toying with. Blonde and varying other shades of red had worked out pretty well. Green...green not so much. It also didn't hold for very long.

Wow, they were all full of surprises weren't they? Wordless-possibly also wandless levitation from one. And the other...was new? A new student was...well, new. Arya had finally gotten used to seeing many more faces thanks to the school integration her third year, but a truly new student? "Nice! Whereabouts were you from originally, Polly?" she asked. She recognized the Beauxbatons uniforms, but she didn't exactly sound French.

Arya had gone to take another sip of her pumpkin juice when the other of their rather ironic trio-Jean, wait, she knew Jean from somewhere...music?-held out her hand. "Oh," Arya set her goblet down again and shook Jean's hand. "Arya Tritan. Metamorphmagus. Forgot to mention that." she added, holding out her hand for Polly.

~*~*~
Notes: not my longest, sorry. also apologies for delay. college is a little crazy atm
Outfit: -slytherin uniform-
PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 20 Mar 2018, 03:20 AM

N/A

She didn't notice the pitcher of water at first, busy chewing and swallow, until it moved into her line of sight. Nobody'd said any magic words, and there were still no wands being waved about. Polly thought she'd been doing a good job getting acclimated, doing more reading and studying in the last few weeks than she'd ever done for high school, but it was obvious she still had a lot of catching up to do. She just watched the water pour itself and settle back on the table, trying not to stare too obviously, and resisting the urge to ask more questions. She didn't want to appear totally hopeless.

"Jean, hey!" Polly perked back up as she reached over to squeeze the girl's hand. "Enchantée and everything." She grinned, pulling her hand back as she looked to Arya now. "Me? Uh, well, technically, originally, France. But I grew up in LA." A pause. "I mean, Los Angeles. California." Not everyone over here knew what she meant by that, she'd learned. "It's a long story."

Her hand shot out again when another was offered, giving Arya a firm squeeze as well. Right, that word sounded familiar. Not the ones that turned into dogs and cats and rats. The other one. "Oh, is that a, uh, traditional English name? British? I mean, it's really cool, wherever it's from." Polly smiled, realizing that might've sounded a bit weird, but she kept going anyways. "You don't even want to know my last name, god." She almost grunted a short laugh. "I tried to dye my hair a few times, but it didn't really work out great. Lucky you." Another chunk of food was popped into her mouth, now that she had her hand free again.

jean grey arya tritan

PM
^
jean grey
 Posted: 20 Mar 2018, 05:33 AM

N/A

Jean smiled as Polly shook her hand, managing to suppress a laugh when she stared at the water pitcher. Jean wasn't prepared to drive these two away the same way others had gone when they had learned the types of magic she was studying, and so she told herself not to push her luck with it here.

At the mention of L.A., Jean perked up, leaning forward just slightly in her seat with excitement. She'd noticed a decent amount of students coming and going with different accents, and she'd been fairly certain that Polly sounded American. Now that this was confirmed, Jean's smile widened. "L.A.? That's fantastic! Always wanted to see what it's like there. I'm from Annandale, in New York."

She listened as Polly and Arya spoke, and as Polly asked about Arya's name, Jean nodded. "It's a beautiful name," she added. She couldn't count the number of times throughout her childhood when she'd wished her parents had given her a more unique name. Eventually, she'd come to like it, but she still wasn't sold on her middle name being her mother's first. It had always seemed like an order to be like her mother, when the two had been extremely dissimilar for as long as Jean could recall.

PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 27 Mar 2018, 09:50 PM

N/A

Name games? Arya wasn't very good at those. "Thank you. And uh...I guess? My parents are both from the same town on the coast of Britain, and as far as I know we've always been from Britain." She was more used to her last name being associated with her six sisters, or the fact that her father was a Ministry official and why wasn't Arya more like any of them?

She wasn't anything like the girls she was currently conversing with either. Both from America originally, both now at Beauxbatons for family reasons. And she...was at Beauxbatons for lunch because of family reasons. Maybe not so different after all.

"Eh..not so lucky. I'm not good at the changes. Wish I was. But getting better." She had her father to thank for that. Because heaven forbid she try to do something different, unique only to her, not like her sisters.

There was a pause in the conversation, in which a fair amount of her sandwich got eaten. "What...what year are you two?"

~*~*~
Notes: sorry about the delay
Outfit: -her uniform-
PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 30 Mar 2018, 02:24 AM

N/A

"New York? Nice. Always wanted to see the east coast, too, but we never really traveled. Getting here was Mom's first plane ride. And, uh, the first one I could remember." That seemed to remind her of something. "So we go home for like, summer vacation, right? That's gonna be really weird." Another pause while Polly considered the effects of her time here. "...my brothers are either gonna be really jealous or I'll spend three months making them love potions or something." Polly snickered at the thought.

She nodded at the response from Arya. "Never been to England before. I mean, not really. It doesn't feel like the thing with the portals really counts, you know?" Maybe it was the two multi-hour flights to get from LA to Paris she'd endured before this all began that made stepping through a magic door to change countries seem like a big cheat. "Was it, like, a magical town and everything?" She'd noticed that Arya hadn't dropped any names, unlike the two Americans.

Polly gave Arya's last, hesitant question a big, dopey smile. "They put me in with the fifth years because they didn't want to hold me back. It'd look weird to see me towering over a bunch of twelve-year-olds, right?" She chuckled at the idea. "But they, uh, only broke the news to me a few weeks back. So I'm even worse at this than I was at regular school." She shook her head. "At least this time I've got a good excuse, right?" She was still smiling, obviously looking on the bright side of the whole thing.

If the other two kept up with the news they may recognize her by this point, having been in a photograph sandwiched between the Minister of Magic and the Head of the Ministry of Education. But it hadn't been the biggest or most interesting story, so there was also a good chance they hadn't seen it, or only vaguely remembered a redhead between the other two much more famous people.

jean grey arya tritan

PM
^
jean grey
 Posted: 31 Mar 2018, 10:53 PM

N/A

Jean listened to Arya’s words about her ability, admiring her hair. Arya said she wasn’t good at the changes, but Jean was incredibly impressed by her skill. “It’s still really cool,” she said, trying to be encouraging. “You should be proud.” She smiled. “Sixth year. Transferred here in my fourth. What about you?”

She looked to Polly, still smiling. “I know that feeling. Mom and Dad were never the traveling type, either. Did you have a good trip?” She nodded at the question about leaving for the summer. “Yeah, we get to go home then. Are your brothers…” She paused, realizing that asking if they were magical was probably not the most polite of ways to approach the subject. “Will they be joining you at school eventually?”

When Polly answered that she was in her fifth year, Jean paused and raised a brow. Towering over a bunch of twelve-year-olds? She certainly wasn’t twelve. After a moment, recognition slammed into Jean like a rogue bludger. “Polly, have I seen you in the Daily Prophet recently?” She was certain that was it, but the details as to why were a bit fuzzier.

PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 16 Apr 2018, 06:05 AM

N/A

Arya nodded. "Yeah, we definitely go home. Otherwise I don't think the castles could survive." she joked. Although...that did raise the tiny question she had been blocking when summer holiday came up. Would she go home? No, that wasn't something she needed to worry about now. It wasn't the time or place. "In any case...we don't really brew stuff outside of school. Summer work is a lot of the theory. Not that it matters, I'm not very good at either." Potions were the bane of her existance, but if she didn't manage to get through this year's class she would have bigger issues.

She munched on a crisp until the questions came back her way. "Sixth. Started at Hogwarts, my family's only Slytherin." Which, in their defense, they took the announcement better than Arya did. At least their hair wasn't capable of turning vividly green when they heard the news. But for the longest time the Tritans and Kelbys, even before her parents, had been very much only Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. Slytherin...Slytherin was new.

Where they came from, not so much. "Oh yeah, magical. Well...sort of. I mean, Ottery St. Catchpole is the name of the wizard-y part of it, but town town was a lot more Muggle." She took another sip of pumpkin juice. "And yeah...the portals only give you the schools. Not the same as the country." At least she had to keep telling herself that when she needed at least two extra layers for her trips to Durmstrang.

But...a fifth year with twelve year olds? The schools definitely wouldn't do something like that. It rang a bell for Arya too. She had taken to skimming other students' copies of the Prophet to see if her father had left any lingering notes about trying to find her, and reading the more interesting articles that popped up.

~*~*~
Notes: my apologies for the delay
Outfit: -i have a uniform one but need to do an upload rip polyvore-
PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 05:58 AM

N/A

Polly had been picking at her food during the conversation, more invested than she usually was. Doing everything in French still took too much effort to be relaxing, even when the other students weren't purposefully trying to confuse her. "Uh, it was fine. Long. The movies sucked, so I just listened to music. And slept a bunch." She frowned at the reminder. "...I still can't believe they took my phone. Ugh."

She nodded, looking between the two as they both confirmed a real summer vacation. "Do I have to fly back? I mean, on a plane?" She was still wary about the whole broomstick thing. "Or is there a uh...Uber-portal?" Polly smirked at the idea, before catching that question about her brothers.

"I don't think so. Even if they could, they're like...sending in all these guys from the government, the magical one, to investigate stuff. And they're American-American, so..." She shrugged. That had all gone over her head, but she knew her family was safe, and that was all that really mattered.

Then Polly suddenly snorted, breaking into a laugh as she hurried to cover her mouth. "Ot...otter what?" The name had caught her so off guard that she'd missed the rest of Arya's comments while giggling. After a moment she managed to compose herself, trying to buy some time by sipping at her drink.

"...the Daily..? Oh, yeah. Probably." An odd, somewhat confused expression appeared on her face, especially when she realized Arya was giving her the same look as Jean. "Wait, does it really get that boring here? People actually read newspapers?" Even with all the magic, life without internet seemed positively tragic.

jean grey arya tritan

PM
^
jean grey
 Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 04:12 PM

N/A

As Arya mentioned schoolwork over the summer, Jean let her mind wander to her parents. Would they want her to come home, this time, or would they be too busy dealing with their other children? Sarah was starting high school, and they were all bound to have friends to see and sports to play and… then there was Jean. She’d tried to avoid going back home as much as possible since transferring schools. She wanted to see her grandmother, but she wasn’t eager to retread old paths around New York and remember whom she’d walked them with in the first place.

She listened to Arya mention Ottery St. Catchpole and Slytherin, and she nodded her understanding. She knew Slytherin had something of a stigma attached to it within Hogwarts at times, but Jean had ever really understood why. She couldn’t think of anything inherently wrong with ambition and wanting to be one’s best self. It all depended on how the ambition was used.

She nodded again as the two discussed the portals. “I wonder if Floo powder would take you that far. I’m not sure if there’s a maximum distance for it. I wouldn’t suggest apparating all the way to America.”

“We definitely read newspapers, but they move, so it’s sort of like watching TV.” Jean shrugged. “I’ve never found it boring here, though. Personally, I read the Prophet because it gives me a quick idea of what’s going on in the world between classes. Those keep me pretty busy, most of the time.”

PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 28 Apr 2018, 07:00 AM

N/A

"Well, I mean, phones doesn't exactly work at the castles. Too much magic." And even then, Arya had been especially careful with her phone as of late. She couldn't imagine all the messages she had missed and the voice mails that had to be sitting when she turned it back on for the train ride on the way back to London.

She was not looking forward to that.

"There's port-keys, but I don't know if there's a distance on those either." Transportation wasn't exactly a key component of any of the classes Arya had taken thus far. But the apparition classes were coming up soon, so maybe when she did those the instructors would know more.

The Slytherin was slightly taken aback at Polly's reaction to her hometown. She hadn't mispronounced it she was sure of that. It wasn't exactly hard to mispronounce. "Ottery St. Catchpole." she said more slowly. "It's in Devon. So south-ish England." It was hard for her to see just what was so funny.

"Technology is weird around magic. So yes, newspapers." And she was damn glad magic had its issues with tech. It meant her family couldn't really bug her for all of January, when she had been going between her internship and Hogwarts. Plus...her father wasn't exactly the most tech-savvy in the world. No, he was a wizard through and through. He'd take owls any day.

"Newspapers and radio are basically how we get the news. Technomagic may change that, but it's going to take a bit for that." And it wasn't something Arya was necessarily good at. Well, as far as she knew. If she managed to get through potions without needing any more remedial work maybe she'd take the technomagic class her last year. But that was banking on a big maybe.

~*~*~
Notes: Arya is notoriously bad with potions.
Outfit: -still need to upload-
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.