New Poll

welcome home, Tag;; Klar!
evangeline riot
 Posted: 3 May 2017, 09:30 AM

N/A

Those first steps,
they're always the hardest.
Well, she was here.

Looking up at the seemingly enormous house Evan sort of shifted on her feet uncomfortably. She had a single small backpack slung over her shoulder as she tried to force herself to walk up the walkway and head into the mansion. She hadn't ever been here before- or ever lived in a place this big. She'd robbed places like this in big fancy housepet-type neighborhoods, they usually got away with a lot of great merch. She'd never been stressed out or worried about entering buildings like this before but this wasn't a B&E, this was suppose to be her new home, and that made her extremely anxious.

She tugged on some hair which fell along her cheek in order to focus herself, “Come on, this isn't a big deal.” She muttered lowly under her breath. Chances were she'd only be here a short while before the Minister decided he couldn't deal with her and her bad behaviour any longer. She'd been in these situations before. Fostered by a family for a bit, and then returned to the orphanage, this wasn't any different. Except it was. She hadn't been through this whole song and dance since she was eight. She'd accepted that she'd be living on the street, was fine with that, she was actually content with the whole thing. Then Oswald Cobblepot had to show up with this grand offer seemingly out of no where. She didn't believe him at first, who would have? Though here she was standing outside of his home with what few personal belongings she possessed and her wand on her hip.

Sort of forcing herself forward she made her way toward the door. Minister Cobblepot had regretfully informed her that he wouldn't be able to be there when she'd arrived, but she was more than welcome to walk on in and make herself at home. Right. Well she could momentarily pretend that she was just breaking into some random house and not walking up the front door of what could possibly be her permanent new home. That could work... Probably. Taking a deep breath she stopped a foot or two in front of the door and kind of just hovered there a minute. Reaching out she took the handle, twisted it and walked in. The place, even from her first look, was gigantic and the front foyer was fancier than any she'd seen during her break ins. Glancing around she stepped into the actual home which seemed to be oddly quiet. Didn't he say there were a bunch of students her age around here?

Taking a few more steps in she left the door open behind her. One hand on the strap of her backpack she leaned back on her heels to slowly spin around and look at everything she could see from here. There didn't seem to be anyone around, and honestly she had no idea where she was going, or what she was suppose to do. With that in mind she did the logical thing, “Heeey! Anyone home?” She called out hearing the sound of her voice pinging against the walls.

@klarion bleak | WORDS | welcome home!
PM
^
klarion bleak
 Posted: 12 May 2017, 02:29 AM

There are forces outside of your control. Most of them don't care for you.

It was oddly quiet in the house, today. Ms. Cobblepot's abscence might have had something to do with it, but in any case Klarion was thankful for the silence.

Or, he was, until someone started yelling. A voice he didn't know. Granted, he couldn't keep track of everyone at the house, but he kept track of the older ones and this one sounded older.

"There's no cause to yell." He said a little grumpily, walking into the front room, Teekl meowing her agreement from his shoulder.

Definately a new orphan, by the looks of her. Not the most scraggly of the kids here, but enought to show her street origins.

TAG: evangeline riot WORDS: short I'm sorry
NOTES:
OUTFIT: link

Temp by Melz @Caution 2.0, cyberlink, @adoxography and RPGD
PM
^
evangeline riot
 Posted: 21 May 2017, 07:08 PM

N/A

Those first steps,
Okay, to be fair, she wasn't yelling. She called out once, so don't get your panties in a twist. Taking a few steps into the house with her tattered converse clad shoes she glanced around the front area with interest. This place was absolutely massive, and literally this was the first room she'd been in, God. Shaking her head a little blonde locks fell into her eyes though she tossed out of the way as she heard someone approach.

Glancing over she noted that this slightly older guy was fairly familiar. She'd seen him around school before she thought, though she knew he wasn't in her year or house, “Believe me, that wasn't yelling.” She noted back with a grin though took in a deep breath as if she were about to before letting it out with a: “Just kidding.” Glancing to the animal on his shoulder she nodded at it, “Nice cat.” She looked him over quickly before turning her attention to the decoration, “I'm assuming you're one of the 'other kids', you sure don't look like a butler.” She noted offhandedly as she began to wander away. Apparently she really was going to make herself at home.

klarion bleak | WORDS | Oh Evan XD
PM
^
klarion bleak
 Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 06:40 AM

He grimaced, bracing himself for the noise when she prepared to yell again...only to find out she was teasing him, which just made him grumpier.

"She's not a cat." Honestly the response was so automatic now he barely registered saying it. What he wouldn't give for someone who recognized the draaga for the living piece of magical brilliance she was.

His brows furrowed in confusion. "A what?" He didn't know the word, but it sounded faintly like an insult one of the smaller kids would try to use.

evangeline riot
PM
^
evangeline riot
 Posted: 27 Jun 2017, 03:39 AM

N/A

Those first steps,
It seemed like the kid really fell for her whole 'I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs' thing. I his expression said anything though he wasn't impressed- oh well. When he spoke next she didn't look back at him as she walked into what seemed to be a fancy living room or something. As she walked she picked things up and put them down, moving around some random vases and knickknacks. She was a very tactile creature apparently, “Looks like a cat.” She noted back in a tone which said she wasn't really all that engaged in the conversation or where it was heading.

By the time he'd questioned her choice of words she was already half way across the living area. Glancing back at him a second she snorted a little under her breath, “A butler?” Her tone was almost questioning, as if she wasn't sure what was so hard to understand, “You know, guy dressed up in a fancy suit, wanders around doing things for the people who own the house...” She moved toward a table which had a few strange fabergé egg on it which she picked up and examined more closely, “Like a servant.” She clarified, just in case he was still trying to figure it out.

klarion bleak | WORDS | he's a butler
PM
^
klarion bleak
 Posted: 7 Jul 2017, 12:35 AM

"Yes, I'm well away what she looks like." He shot back peevishly, taking it more as an insult to his intelligence that he wouldn't know she looked like a cat, than a gesture of disbelief about her not being a cat.

He followed behind her, mildly confused and a bit concerned. She was speaking half nonsense, it was odd for the Minister to bring in someone new, particularly someone this old, when neither he or Babulia were home, and the way she kept grabbing at everything he half expected her to steal something.

Still, the word she'd called him was still playing in his head, and the closest translation he had to what she was describing was..."...Do you actually believe I'm a Grundy?"

evangeline riot
PM
^
evangeline riot
 Posted: 14 Oct 2017, 09:12 PM

N/A

Those first steps,
By the time the new guy responded to her comment about the cat he was wandering around with, ahe already had the fancy mineral lined egg in hand. Lifting it to eye level she peered at the gold, blue and green which spotted and swirled about on its surface, “Oh good, glad you know what a cat looks like.” She muttered as she wandered away with the egg in hand. She wasn't going to take it, honest, she just... forgot she still had it on her.

Turning about to look up at the taller teen she flashed him a grin to show she was just joking around. When he questioned her she seemed confused for a split second before going back to poking around at the fancy stuff, “Dunno, if that means butler, then sure.” She shrugged, “You're not a butler though, right? You look kind of young.” She observed.

With that said she made her way into a hallway, leaving him behind unless he decided to follow her, “So are you one of the adopted kids too? How long have you been here? He's got a lot of fancy stuff...” She rattled and then trailed off as she skimmed her fingers over the top of a marble table in said hallway, “There was talk of my own room, where'd I find that?” She questioned over her shoulder. If he wasn't following she'd call to him slightly louder, though if he was following then she'd just sort of state it.

klarion bleak | WORDS | NOTES
PM
^
klarion bleak
 Posted: 18 Oct 2017, 07:56 PM

He didn't give her more than a roll of the eyes at her comment, far more preoccupied as she wandered off with some shiny thing the Minister had had sitting about. He accio'd the egg into his own hand, setting it back where it belonged, certain the action would get his point across more clearly than words would.

"No, I'm not." He continued grumpily. He was still a little uncertain what the word meant, but he was fairly certain it didn't apply to him.

He sighed as she started shooting off questions. "Yes, I live here. Awhile. Yes, he does, kindly quit touching it." Her tone was beginning to get on his nerves a little, but fighting wouldn't help anything. Maybe if she had a room to go to she stay out of trouble for a while, at least. Klarion sighed once more. "I can show you, if you like."

evangeline riot
PM
^
evangeline riot
 Posted: 2 Jan 2018, 10:04 AM

N/A

Those first steps,
Her back was already turned to him when he rolled his eyes at her, though if she'd had seen it she probably would have just smirked at him a little. As she walked down the hall she was only just barely holding the egg in hand and so with a quick magical tug it was pulled from her grip. Yeah, that got her attention pretty quick. Turning to face him her expression was surprised though also almost impressed for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that he put his foot down and stood up to her. Not that she was overly intimidating in any way with her five foot height, though it was kind of amusing, that look on his face.

Holding her hands up in a mock surrender she continued to grin at him a bit, “Kind of a grumpy guy aren't ya?” She wondered her tone could have been mistaken as playful. She gave him an almost careful once over now that she faced him fully. With his little accio trick he'd gotten her attention, her full attention, whether or not that was a good thing was up for debate.

“I don't think he'd mind my touching things.” She noted back. Then again she'd attempted to steal his mothers broach in his office the day he'd offered to take her in and then hadn't been super impressed by her response so... Actually he probably wouldn't be super fond of her messing with his things. Good luck keeping her 'out of trouble' Klar, “I could just wander around, I'd find it eventually but I mean... If you want to that's good too.” Wasn't like she was going to be in that room fr very long if her first few minutes wandering around said anything. She'd already considered stealing some of his things, and upset the help, she wasn't making a good first impression but she kind of figured that this wouldn't last long from the get. Might as well make it fun while it lasted.

klarion bleak | WORDS | I'm surprised he's being so tolerant
PM
^
klarion bleak
 Posted: 8 Jan 2018, 10:39 PM

Her expression turned surprised as the egg landed in his palm. As he returned it to its perch her remained neutral, face passive and reserved, internally he couldn't help the little flash of amusement at how easily she'd been knocked off her kilter, if only for a moment.

The amusement was gone by the time she reopened her mouth, however. "I'm not grumpy." He responded, though the annoyed grumble with which he said the words didn't much help his case.

He shrugged as she spoke once more, cool indifference covering his face once more. "Perhaps not. However;" He walked closer to her, so he could properly look her in the eye. She was a fair bit shorter than him, now that he was paying attention to it, so he loomed over her as he looked down. "There's a bit of a difference between touching and running off with something." He said, voice short and sharp, referencing the egg she'd tried to run off with.

He sighed. "Better I actually show you to an empty room than have you get comfortable in someone else's thinking it's unoccupied. I don't want to listen to the yelling. Follow me." He started walking.

evangeline riot
PM
^
evangeline riot
 Posted: 10 Jan 2018, 04:32 AM

N/A

Those first steps,
The tone in which he stated that he wasn't grumpy only made her grin a little bit as her brows raised, “Oh no, that wasn't a grumpy tone at all.” She mocked a little as she shifted her weight onto her right side and crossed her arms a little over her chest. He had this whole dark and moody thing going on and even though she barely knew him for more than ten or so minutes she could already tell that he was going to be fun to pester and annoy if they continued to run into each other like this.

He was able to keep his emotions in check rather well, she was impressed, though as he strode closer and proceeded to literally loom over her she uncrossed her arms. She hiiiiighly doubted that he was trying to start something, though if he did she's sure as hell end it. Rolling her crystalline eyes skyward she huffed a little but, a faint laugh though she used her relaxed stance and the laugh to cover up the tension she started to feel in her chest at having him so close, “Who said I was running off with anything?” She questioned with an innocent shrug of her shoulders.

He sighed and spoke, backing off and heading away, the ever so slight tension which was building in her shoulders faded when his back was to her. Taking in a deep breath she let it out before following along behind him, “More likely that I'd go into a room I know is occupied and steal everything- I mean that's what you think I do, right?” she wondered at him. He didn't even know her and yet he seemed to be making assumptions, sad thing was he wasn't far off the mark. Must be a good read of character. Nevertheless as he wandered up a flight of stairs she followed a few steps behind, taking in the sights and the expensive pieces which seemed to litter the home. Ugh, all of it would be so easy to steal. She'd have to make notes later, “So how long have you and your cat been here for anyway?”

klarion bleak | WORDS | They get along so great XD
PM
^
klarion bleak
 Posted: 14 Jan 2018, 12:40 AM

"As a matter of fact it wasn't." He shot back, a little testily, scratching at the underside of Teekl's chin as the draaga hopped onto his shoulders.

His expression turned incredulous at her next words and the innocent tilt of her shoulders, but he said nothing of it as he moved away. He'd meant to make a point, not cause discomfort, not that he noticed hers. He wasn't paying enough attention to the tightening of her muscles to notice any tension.

At least she follow after him without prodding, though she hardly did so quietly. He was tempted to stop at her next words, but chose to continue towards their destination instead. "No? Some of the residents here don't have much, so t'would be difficult at a glance to tell the room was occupied, which can cause confusion. Why?" He glanced at her from the side of his eyes, slightly suspicious now that she'd prompted such a conversation. "Do you have plans to do much stealing, Miss..." It wasn't until then he'd realize neither had given the other a name.

"Teekl isn't a cat, regardless of how oft you call her such, but we've been here a good while. Longer than most. I'm the oldest here as well, I believe."

evangeline riot
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon a Panfandom RP
HOS
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning The ArrowTaking It Back INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.