admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Look up in the night sky, Tag rayne
merida o'dunbroch
 Posted: 30 Apr 2018, 08:23 PM

N/A

Rayne was a person that Merida liked a bunch and she always enjoyed spending time with her and talking to her. She was a smart woman too and she appreciated intelligence in a person, perhaps more than what she had appreciated anything else. She hadn't been able to find her in any of the places that she'd usually find her so she decided to look in the astromancy tower. It was a long shot, but she knew that the woman liked astromancy so she could be there. Of course Hogwarts being a rather large castle she could had also kept missing her but... Well worse thing that could happen would be looking up at the night sky from the tower remembering of the days that she'd have to do as much for her class.

She didn't want anything particular with Rayne at the moment, not really. Simply catch up. It had been a while since the last time that they had spoken and she wanted to make sure that the woman was fine. Of course it wasn't long before the end of the school year so everyone was getting good busier but still...

Getting upstairs she did spot some students revising their maps and she smiled to herself remembering sitting where they were sitting now, having an anxious expression similar to their own.

rayne soquili

PM
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: 18 Jun 2018, 03:54 AM

Let your mind wander...
Chatan had taken to leaping from Rayne's shoulder to the back of the chair she was sitting in. She knew that many of the students were surprised to see a professor hovering over the maps, but Rayne didn't really need the maps. She had been studying these maps for over 6 years of her life here in Hogwarts, and even before that. Her father had taught her all she needed to know about the stars and most of it sticks in Rayne's memory as if it was yesterday. Far too much stuck in Rayne's brain far too easily. She shook it to clear it easily as she leaned against the table easily.

Chatan chattered eagerly as he landed on the star chart, making his demands very clear as he chattered at Rayne. The tall woman brushed back a strand of oddly long hair from her face as her eyes lifted to her owl for a moment. He chattered again, wings flapping easily as he bounced towards the open air. Rayne knew that Chatan was eager to fly out and he wasn't wrong that Rayne was certainly interested in a good fly about the castle and it's grounds, but with students hovering about, she didn't need to be seen. She'd consider the idea once it hit curfew, but for now, she brushed a hand at the owl, urging him towards the open air. The massive owl shrieked slightly as Rayne nearly pushed him off the table, before he leapt into the air and took to flying about.

She almost wished she could concentrate, but by the spirits, it felt impossible... She just... Her eyes lifted for a moment before her head tilted, spotting a fellow professor stepping into view. She raised a brow, before she raised a hand towards the professor easily,"Merida?" Rayne called out to her coworker., noting she should probably speak formally towards a fellow professor, but Merida was more of a friend then anything else,"Are you looking for someone?" She could see the redhead's eyes wandering before she had called out, so it was more then possible...

merida o'dunbroch
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
merida o'dunbroch
 Posted: 20 Jun 2018, 07:16 PM

N/A

When Rayne called out to her she looked towards the source of her voice and smiled wide at the woman. Yeah maybe typicalities would be appropriate but they were friends and Merida didn't care much for technicalities with her friends. Heey... I was actually looking for you. It's been a while since last we spoke and I wanted to catch up a little. she said towards the woman approaching her.

The students did pay them some attention but then they got back to what they had been doing before. Merida's attention momentarily shifted to the owl and looked at it with fondness. She had grown to love that bird and she could really see the usefulness of owls but she wouldn't trade Chester for anything.

Focusing back on Rayne she assessed her for a few moments before talking again. How you been? she asked

rayne soquili

PM
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: 20 Jun 2018, 09:41 PM

Let your mind wander...
Rayne knew it had been more then enough time since she had spoken with Merida and honestly, Rayne hadn't wanted to be around people. Probably why Chatan had been her biggest confidant since the shit she had managed to create. She was at fault for what happened with everything and she was hating herself for it.

Chatan fluttered out the window easily, leaving Rayne to speak with Merida. She gave Merida a half smile as the redhead talked about wanting to catch up. Rayne wasn't too sure what to say, how she was feeling. She should be able to handle whatever she put herself through, right?

Rayne took a deep breath as Merida asked her that question that Rayne had been scared to answer. Her head tilted for a moment as she thought whether it would be better to lie through her teeth or be completely honest. "I've been alright... Just busy with helping my students focus on their exams and all that..." So half truth, she gave Merida another smile before she motioned to her,"And yourself? How've you been?"

merida o'dunbroch
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
merida o'dunbroch
 Posted: 22 Jun 2018, 05:48 PM

N/A

It had been quite some time since the last time that they had spoken with each other and she really did want to see what was going on with her. She already knew about her and Dakota though Rayne had no way of knowing that. She wasn't going to tell her the things that Dakota had told her in frustration of course but she did have a better insight to what was going on in the other woman's life than what Rayne probably thought.

When she claimed that she was fine she remained silent. She wouldn't mention what she knew at this point There was no reason to after all. For whatever reason Rayne had decided to keep silent about it not only now but in general. Besides no matter the level of frustration that Dakota had mentioned their... Events with it didn't mean that she was going to betray his trust by chattering away mentioning what he had told her.

You know... The usual. The exams are upon all of us so you know... Hadn't figured when I was a student that I'd keep being anxious about exams for the rest of my life but here I am. was all she said towards the other woman. She looked around once more. It's nice up here. Doesn't compare to flying of course but it's... Above most things in the castle still. she added after a few moments.

She did itch to know Rayne's thought process during the things that had gone down between her and Dakota but he held her tongue.

rayne soquili

PM
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: 22 Jun 2018, 06:11 PM

Let your mind wander...
Rayne had that nagging feeling that Merida was expecting more from her. Expecting her to spill her guts or something along those lines… Rayne was almost annoyed by that thought. She had talked enough, pushed away the one person that she wanted to stay and damn it, she hated it.

”I do… Exams were especially difficult, but I was studying well in advance for most of my own…” She took another deep breath, noting Merida wasn’t her normal chatty self. Rayne could not help the quirking smile as Merida commented on the tower,”I find I think best in here… When I was in school at Ilvermorny, I would sneak onto the tallest tower and stare at the stars all night…” She could not help but chuckle at the memory,”Odd, I suppose it was, but the stars helped me think…”

She took another deep breath, before she motioned to the star map in front of her,”Years before my father’s passing, he had taught my brother and I to read the stars as a map… Guiding us home if we were ever lost…” She leaned over the map, fingers brushing over the painted stars,”Had I not gone into Defence Against the Dark Arts, perhaps I should have been an Astronomy professor…” She released a chuckle, a weird rumbling noise from deep in her chest…

merida o'dunbroch
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
merida o'dunbroch
 Posted: 24 Jun 2018, 04:47 PM

N/A

Merida had no idea how whatever expectations she might had from Rayne were perceived but she'd probably be annoyed at the thought that the other woman already was annoyed with her by the fact alone that she thought she expected something from her. Not knowing as much however didn't mean that she didn't have a few things to consider anyway, given the situation. At any rate when the woman spoke she listened to her. It was nice really having colleauges that were on the same boat as you. One would think that all of them were, but Merida knew for a fact that not all professors broke a sweat about the issues of the students. She remembered hating it as a student and she hated it just as much as a teacher, if not more for that matter. She did tilt her head a little when the other woman mentioned that she was stdying well in advance for her own exams but didn't find anything to comment on it.

As the other woman kept on talking about the tower and about how she found that the stars helped her think and that when she was still a student she'd go to the tallkest tower she chuckled a bit too. "Well it might sound a little odd, but then again my office is a cabin at the school grounds, complete with a garden and a hairy dog so who am I to say what's weird." she commented.

She nodded as the woman kept on talking this time talking about her father and the things that he had taught her and her brother before dying and about a different career choice that she could had made. "Somehow I think it'd fit you well too. Though it's strange to imagine someone else having been teaching defense against the dark arts instead of you all this time." she commented. "My own father has taught me and my siblings a lot about dueling. He thinks that we should know how to defend ourselves." she added after a few moments.

It was a shame really, that there seemed to be a level of not being sure what to say. They hadn't had that problem a few months ago, at least Merida didn't reckon that they did. She shrugged slightly and looked at the night sky. "I used to really like astronomy when I was a student, primarily cause I didn't have to be in doors for it. Wasn't particurlarly succesful in drawing maps though. To be honest I couldn't imagine teaching anything other than care of magical creatures. Mother and Father could imagine a number of different careers for me, particurlarly ones with the ministry, but not me. Caring for the grounds, the creatures and my students is what I wanna be doing you know?"

She really did have a passion for her job and couldn't imagine trading it for anything, or for anyone for that matter. She sighed slightly and let her thoughts travel for a few moments.

rayne soquili

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.