admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Come On, Let's Go, Tag: Olympia Vale
Adrian Faign
 Posted: 19 Dec 2017, 06:37 PM

N/A

Adrian stood in the hallway outside the office of one of the beast linguists of the department he worked in. He idly chewed on the inside of his lip as he considered just going on this mission by himself, the way he thought it needed to be done. If he had his way, he would travel alone and eliminate the issue, but that wasn’t how the head of the land division was wanting things done. Apparently reasoning with beasts was an option now. Which was what had landed him where he currently stood.

Pushing the door open, his blue eyes fell on the woman sitting at the desk. Dark hair, but not too dark. Pale skin, but not as pale as his own. “You the one that speaks the animal languages?” he asked as if he had absolutely no clue who he was talking to.

--- Olympia Vale | OOC: Lemme know if this is okay!

PM
^
Olympia Vale
 Posted: 19 Dec 2017, 11:40 PM

N/A

It was a slow work day. But most days were, in Olympia’s job.

She was busy looking over some documents, making sure that translations within them were correct. (they weren’t but she’d fix that after highlighting them), when suddenly her door opened. She had expected it to be Mr. Aogiri, as normally he was the one who entered without knocking. As much of a hardass as Ruber was at least he usually knocked and was courteous.

But no, it turned out to be neither of her bosses, but instead a different man. But Olympia knew who he was even if she’d never spoken to him for long, “Mr. Faign” she said nodding her head in his direction. She broke into a smile when he asked if she was the one that spoke animal languages “Well mostly for the humanoid ones, like mermaids and centaurs and such. And well general body language of beasts I study too…oh and I speak Parseltongue, but that’s the only animal language I speak.” She was always excited to rattle off her qualifications. “Do you need me for something? I can put this off for a bit? Is it a live specimen?” God she hoped it was, it’d been awhile since she actually got to do much other then desk work.

Adrian Faign Ack this is so short but I'm trying to ease into her.
PM
^
Adrian Faign
 Posted: 26 Dec 2017, 05:30 PM

N/A

Parseltongue? Fantastic. That was why he’d been told to get this woman specifically. There was also the possibility that Adrian was told to collect Miss Olympia Vale because she was currently the only available linguist, but that was beside the point. “Parseltongue’s going to come in handy on this one,” he said with a simple shrug. She wanted to know if it was a live specimen and Adrian tilted his head to the side ever so slightly. “How often do they want you to talk to the dead ones?” he asked, a bit of humor playing on the intonation of his words.

Raising up a file folder that looked like it had just survived quite the windstorm, Adrian tossed it onto the woman’s desk, paying no mind to whatever else was already on Olympia’s desk. He had a habit of not caring about whatever everyone else was doing when it came to carting them along on missions. The sooner he got them out of the Ministry, the sooner that this whole thing would be over. Hopefully. “Runespoor. There’s one loose in Brixton and as much as I would rather handle this on my own, Aogiri wants you to try and reason with the damn thing.”

--- Olympia Vale

PM
^
Olympia Vale
 Posted: 25 Jan 2018, 01:26 AM

N/A

Olympia's smile turned into a grin and she wiggled a bit in her seat with anticipation, "Yes a snake!" She blushed a moment later over the outburst, "Sorry snakes are like...my children, my most favorite species. When you can hold conversations with an animal they tend to become your favorite." She really really hated the bad rep snakes got in the magical community. She understood many dark wizards had used them as familiars, and that in the European dark arts they were rather overrepresented, but in many other magical communities, such as in South Asia they were revered. And even back home the stigma of being a Parsletongue wasn't too bad, even though there were even more deadly snakes (and deadly animals magical or otherwise) there. She blushed again as he teased her for her comment about it being alive, "You have to understand I do a lot of desk work most of the time. Most days I don't get to see a live animal let alone a snake, that isn't my own."

Her momentary moments of embarrassment though were quelled by a description of what she was dealing with, "I've always wanted to meet a Runespoor oh my god. Three heads, three different personalities in one creature, wow. This will be so challenging, but I am so up for it. We better get it soon, this is not the right climate for the poor thing, I don't know how long he can take it. I can tell you right now half the things he'll...they'll tell me will be about being cold. " She sprung up from her chair, gathering her things together, "Most snakes will only attack if they feel threatened, and I can ease it. And the cold should also make it a lot more docile, so Aogiri was thinking the right thing." She paused for a moment remembering the question she should have asked first, "...It hasn't killed anyone has it?"

Adrian Faign Sorry this is so late. Also a lot of her internal dialogue about snakes is based on this really cool Harry Potter meta I found about how Rowling's view of snakes in folklore is very limited, if you're curious in seeing it in DM.
PM
^
Adrian Faign
 Posted: 3 Feb 2018, 04:32 PM

N/A

Adrian raised a brow when the woman was almost overly enthusiastic about the fact that she was, in fact, being called in about a snake. Her explanation that snakes were ‘like her children’ only made it all the more weird. “If you say so,” he said as she launched into another explanation, this time about why she was so damn excited about this assignment. “I see many live animals. And then they end up dead animals. Can we go now? You can talk and walk simultaneously, yes?”

Regardless of her answer, Adrian swept out of the room. “Remember to bring the file with you,” he called over his shoulder as he left Olympia’s office. When she caught up with him, she had the file and was going on about the sort of snake they would be dealing with. A Runespoor. As far as Adrian knew, there wasn’t some special trick on how to kill it, if it came down to that, and that was all he needed to know at the moment. Olympia made mention that the current climate wasn’t ideal for a Runespoor and he shrugged. “I know as much as you do,” Adrian said when she asked if it had killed anyone. They had reached the lifts by this point. “We’ll find out when we get there.”

--- Olympia Vale | OOC: Lemme know if that's not okay and I'll rewrite!

PM
^
Olympia Vale
 Posted: 27 Feb 2018, 01:19 AM

N/A

"Yes yes, of course I can do both at the same time," Really who COULDN'T do both walking and talking at the same time. Olympia should have known the matter was rather urgent though. Mister Faign was quick to remind her that she had to get the file, and then left her office. It took her a second to get into action, but she quickly sat up and began looking for the file, finding it moments later. She bolted out of her office, without even shutting the door behind her, and she had to run in order to catch up witht he casual strides of the older (little did she know HOW much older) man.

"Well I don't really know much about this situation," she said rather annoyed, at the man, as they waited for the lifts, "I was hoping you'd know at least a little more, we need to be able to act appropriately." The man was coming across as rather unprofessional to her, and she couldn't tell if that was his general demeanor, or if he just didn't think her worthy of professionalism.

Adrian Faign Lets get this show on the road.
PM
^
Adrian Faign
 Posted: 10 Mar 2018, 12:16 AM

N/A

Standing at the lifts, Adrian blocked out most of what he could hear around him. One of the things that he had to deal with was the slightly heightened senses - specifically that he could just sense blood. It wasn’t a strong urging to partake, but he knew where it was, and it was enough to find irritating if he didn’t have anything to drown it out. Hence why he generally had music with him. Unfortunately, the ministry’s building had a tendency to mess with most electronics so it had taken him quite some time to get it so that the overwhelming amount of magic would stop messing with his music player.

“I know enough,” he said to the woman’s annoyed tone. “I know that bringing you along is what will ensure the most desired outcome, even if it’s not going to be the quickest.” He glanced over to Olympia as the lift doors open and they stepped inside before the doors closed and hurdled them towards their destination. “How much do you know about Runespoor?” he asked.

--- Olympia Vale

PM
^
Olympia Vale
 Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 04:01 AM

N/A

Ugh he was still ebing difficult, "Well I mean if you know enough does that mean you can tell me something?" Olympia asked, her voice now obviously sounding frustrated. "If we're going to be any sort of partners for something liek this, this need to know basis, needs to stop." And ugh there he was thinking that she would slow things down, " Well if we kill the Runespoor we'd be no better then it would we? I know you're an eradication person but...think of it as eradicating the problem, and not eradicating the actual being causing the problem." She sure hoped he'd not be going around blowing any of those heads off that snake.

She found herself leaninng against the side of the elevator, staring at the numbers passing by on the console as opposed to her conversation partner, "Well the Runespoor is an African species, West Africa I believe? Its three headed, one head serving a single function for the entire being, one's a planner, one's a dreamer and one's a critic. Its seven feet long, and one of the longest venomous snakes in the world. And they tend to bond very well with Parseltongues, most of these facts I've known come from some older journals of my great grandfather. " She gave a small wistful smile, "I've always wanted to meet one." Yes they were highly venemous, but she'd also grown up in suburban Syndey, so its not like venemous snakes were unusual to her.

Adrian Faign I actually thought I replied to this? Maybe this is why I should use a tracker
PM
^
Adrian Faign
 Posted: 2 May 2018, 10:38 PM

N/A

Adrian only glanced over at Olympia when she expressed her irritation. “I gave you the file, didn’t I?” he said with a sigh. She thought she was his partner for this. Tilting his head to the side, he studied the woman holding the case file that he had been assigned. “Partners is a very loose term,” he said. “Extermination is what I do,” he added before letting his voice fall away as she said that if they, if he, killed the Runespoor then they he would be no better than the creature. That thought brought a morbid grin to his face. She had no idea.

But, as much as he really would rather just do this alone and kill the damn thing, she did have a point. If there was a reason why a Runespoor was attacking and killing people, which there obviously was considering that it had already killed a few people, then it would be best to figure out what was causing the creature to do so. He wasn’t going to tell her that he had a point. Not verbally, anyway. Instead he settled with a simple “fine” and a nod.

Olympia gave him details that she knew about the reptile, mentioning that they bonded well with Parselmouths. “That’s good to know,” he said. It was good for him to find out. He’d only been told that his superiors preferred that this assignment not end quite as bloody as his last one had so it had only been reasonable and logical for him to seek out one of the few Parselmouths in the ministry. A weird ‘team’ indeed. The dhampir and the Parselmouth. He wondered if she knew.

The lift came to a jolting stop and the doors opened into the lobby of the ministry, revealing many other witches and wizards who were waiting for lifts to take them to various places within the magical building. Stepping forward, Adrian cast a glance over to Olympia. He’d have to make sure that he didn’t lose her. “Once we’re outside the barrier, we can move much faster,” he said as he made sure she was still within hearing distance. “You can apparate, right?”

--- Olympia Vale

PM
^
Olympia Vale
 Posted: 24 May 2018, 02:12 AM

N/A

"Well yes you gave me the file, but I'd prefer to at least have a bit more context before reading it." Olympia said. She resisted the urge to get too much edge in her, after all this man was her superior. But his attitude was making that very hard at the moment. "If you plan to just kill it then why am I even here?" she continued. Her abilities were basically useless unless he wanted her to lure it out so it could be killed...and that was very cruel to her. But if she had to...

Much like Adrian, she felt quite impatient as the lift came down to the lobby, and was eager to spring into action. When he asked her if she could apparate, a small laugh escaped her, "Well of course I can. " What self respecting woman her age, COULDN'T? But I assume you're the one who has seen the location where we are going and I need to side apparate with you?' All she'd heard was "Brixton" and that wasn't particularly helpful for apparating purposes.

Adrian Faign Late and short, I apologize.
PM
^
Adrian Faign
 Posted: 30 May 2018, 03:51 PM

N/A

Facing her as they rode in the lift, Adrian took this time to actually study her. Dark hair. Not horrible to look at. That was a relief. There was worse to work with in the Ministry. “Killing things is what I do,” he said, feeling like a broken record. “The plan would be to bring it back here for the Magical Creatures department to rehome. Bringing you along means that there’s a chance to reason with it. If it cannot be reasoned with and becomes a threat, I step in and handle it.” He had been more of a messenger in all of this. It wasn’t really his case as it was so much her own that he’d hand-delivered.

It was a relief that she was capable of apparation. “Good, good, we’ll need that,” he said with a wry grin. “My magic is not exactly as refined as yours would be,” he admitted, “so to get us there, it’s up to you.” He really didn’t like having to admit that, but it was fact and it was going to become apparent soon so he saw no reason to not get it out of the way now. “So, if you do not mind,” he said with a hand outstretched for the file in her hands. “I will be side apparating with you.”

--- Olympia Vale

PM
^
Olympia Vale
 Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 02:28 AM

N/A

"And communicating with creatures is what I do," Olympia replied shortly, " So I guess if I fail my job, you have to do yours." Absolutely no pressure there. Three lives were in her hands now... and she figured this man would be very smug if she ended up failing.

She was rather surprised though, by his assertion that she had to be the one to apparate. Not refined enough magic? Was that a fancy way of saying he never learned? Not that she'd judge, a lot of adults couldn't apparate, but he didn't need to be so cryptic about it. "Okay then take my hand then." She then apparated, their target location she had seen in the file now coming into sight, and she looked back at her partner to take his lead.

Adrian Faign FINALLY we got out of the Ministry
PM
^
Adrian Faign
 Posted: 16 Jul 2018, 08:52 PM

N/A

“Seems to be that way,” Adrian said back with a sigh. This was going to be a long job, even if it only took twenty minutes. He’d left his headphones and music player in his office, something he was greatly regretting now.

At least she didn’t butt heads with him on the apparation thing. That wasn’t exactly something he felt like discussing at the moment, not when things already seemed rather tense between the two of them. That was partially his fault, considering he was rather miffed that he was required to take someone along on this job that should have been a relatively easy there-and-back. Granted, if it weren’t for her, he would have had to rely on the Floo Network to get him there.

He wasn’t a huge fan of the Floo Network.

Olympia held out a hand toward him and he glanced up for a moment, noting the overcast sky and thanking whatever higher power thought they were in charge for the sun not to be absolutely blaringly bright today. Taking the offered hand, Adrian was whisked away with Olympia and found himself standing in an empty alleyway, the last location the Runespoor had been spotted. “Now to find it,” he said under his breath, moving away from Olympia.

--- Olympia Vale

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.