you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I actually do care, Loki Laufeyson / Vanesa Morado
vanesa morado
 Posted: 17 May 2018, 07:11 PM

She gave him nothin more than a nod in response to his approval. Of course, Vanesa was serious about this - she did need the job and if she weren't her pride would have gotten in the way of any backing down. It had lost her opportunities before but she had moved on.

"Yes, actually."

She offered a shrug, "With your many years, of superior experience in education, and probably with children. Do you have any parenting advice?"

This was obivous flattery at this point, Vanesa careful to keep any hint of sarcasm out of her tone - though if he paid enough attention, he would know. After all, she didn't care for such advice from other parents. She was curious to see how he would take this invitation.

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 18 May 2018, 10:31 AM

When Vanessa mentioned that there was something in particular that she wanted to ask he looked at her with curiosity and waited intently. It was probably the most progress they had done since she walked into his office... That first day of her working with the department. The question itself and what Loki thought was a hinge of irony into her voice made him smile. Now that was interesting and he looked at her with the most interest he had looked at her since she had started working with him.

Well cudos miss Morado. You've got my undivided attention. he complimented her. I'd say kids are supposed to learn as much as they can and probably be left to do as much with their own skills. I did and well I've done very well with myself if I may say so. after all it wasn't like he had had family support behind him. On the contrary. His father had his research destroyed, consistently put him down, and cost him four years (and part of his sanity though he wouldn't admit as much) by locking him up and having him tortured.

Others could had thought Vanessa's question to be sarcastic and manipulative as such deeming her as an issue for the department. Loki thought exactly that for the first part but instead he reached the conclusion that she was an asset.

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 10 Jun 2018, 02:41 PM

Sure enough, he had taken the bait and answered her question. Of course, Vanesa was not actually looking for advice and what he said wasn't something she hadn't already heard.

"I thought you would have something to say," she finally replied. "That is the thing, Mr. Laufeyson, everyone loves to speak about what they have no experience with. I may be where I am because of a few mistakes along the way, but I also have the personal experience to speak on."

She shifted as she realized how easy it had been to admit the 'mistake' matter.

"So that is why I will be more valuable than some of your other employees."

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 02:36 PM

At Vanessa's words he let out a sigh. So this was how she was gonna be. He could feel his patience running out and he had to muster a lot of his self control to keep his tone level as he spoke. Fascinating miss Morado. You seem so certain of what those around you do and don't know and about your own experience on the matter of your colleagues. Something that, as you claim, makes you more valuable than others to the department. Makes me wonder why all this knowledge doesn't show. Either it's not there to the extend that you claim it is and noone has made the connection this far or you're not as dedicated to the job as your earlier professing about really wanting to keep it would indicate. Please do enlighten me if there's a third option that I fail to see. he replied to her. If you want another word of advice miss Morado... Don't take good will as stupidity. I don't know how well it's worked for you in the past but it won't here. he added.

He liked other people being manipulative but only if it was to his own benefit. When they turned part of that against him it was a different story entirely... The charm he always had was there, but there was an underlying warning in the way that he spoke... Well he thought it was an underlying one while it'd seem it was far more obvious than what he thought it was.

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 02:54 PM

She caught the sigh, caught the tone - once again, Vanesa had enough experience with types like his to know what to look for. The only difference here was that he was her boss, but he had learned very quickly that flattery was not her game.

"I am sorry, Mr. Laufeyson, I believe there was a misunderstanding," perhaps she should not have been correcting him, though. "I said experience not knowledge, though I am sure we can agree they go hand-in-hand. I did not realize you had raised children of your own, sir. The students might not respect me yet, but they know I will not sugarcoat anything about my experience - and I know they respect that."

Her emphasis was careful, delicate, Vanesa had let her guard down once but it was back. She very clearly bit her tongue at his unsolicited piece of advice - but Vanesa knew better than to show her hand.

"Whatever you say, Mr. Laufeyson. Am I free to leave now? I do have children of my own to attend to."

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 14 Jun 2018, 07:45 PM

Her tone and her words when she replied to him made him feel like he was going to completely snap at her though he did manage to keep himself composed. He had endured far worse than an unrully employee to let her get the best of him. Never mind that she had been succesful in getting under his skin earlier, that wasn't something that he was simply going to dmit to himself, not now anyway. He was certain that there was no misunderstanding either... He could recognize in her some of the characteristics that he posessed though he was certain that he was better in using them than what she was, cause of course he was the narcisist that he was. "Trust me miss Morado, I don't sugarcoat anything. But, each on his own." he replied to her. It was true that he didn't have kids of his own, but he wasn't going to admit any time soon that she had caught him on that one so instead he chose what he thought was a smooth retort to her comment.

"Sure you can go... After all spending time with your kids is important... " he commented a hinge of sarcasm into his voice. otherwise it would be sugarcoating what you know he impled.

vanesa morado -- fin!

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.