you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I Said You're Holding Back, Tagged: Takumi
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 8 Mar 2018, 04:37 AM

Takumi blushed, as she snarked back, "Uhh...shut up!" But his embarrassment was quick to switch gears when his legs were stuck together. But his disarming spell was enough to give him time to unstick his legs, and he had gotten back to his feet, taking a few unsteady steps, right as Kate cast her next spell.

Takumi had always been very ticklish, a simple poke to his chest could bring him giggling to his knees. And now every single of his numerous ticklish spots were activated, and he fell back to the floor, " "Onegai, yamete, yamete!" " His voice was squeaking and whiny, saying the same things he'd say whenever his older sister would come up behind him and begin tickling him as a kid. He realized as he broke into breathy laughs, that none of what he ust said was understandable at all to his opponent, "I- I surrender!" He was vaguely aware of the laughter of other duellign club members at his expense.

katelyn tanner how embarrassing lmao
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 8 Mar 2018, 08:10 AM

You've got that "we're in trouble" look.
Kate's grin finally reappeared in full, not like the wisps that showed for the space of the heartbeat before they vanished once more under her mask of determination. "You didn't say the magic word for that one, Takumi." she quipped. No, he made her going running after her wand like she was playing fetch. Although she was impressed he had cast it even as he was going down.

But it looked as if she had finally succeeded in getting and keeping the upper hand. Her look of determination broke, replaced by confusion. That...was not English. Or Danish or any bit of the smatterings she knew from home (although most of those began and end with "hello."). The surrender bit she did understand, however, and she wordlessly cast the counter charm as she closed the distance between the two of them again.

She could hear scattered laughter from the others present. Kate rolled her eyes. "Don't you all have your own opponents to deal with?" It was a conversational one, but the 'seriously' was rather pointed, even if it was unsaid. She couldn't be the only on in the middle of a duel. The dueling grounds were definitely big enough for a fair amount of them to be going.

The slight drone of conversation returned, broken by the sounds of spells hitting shields and incantations. It was one of her favorite kinds of white noise, the only one being better being a crowd at the quidditch pitch. Kate held her hand out to Takumi to help him stand. "Not bad." It definitely wasn't the longest duel she had ever done, but tickling charms could be just as much as a pain as stuns and jinxes.

With a duel done, she had (well, she though she did at least) a very vague sense of how he fought. "So, Mr. Hyperfocused Archer, two questions." she said with a new grin. "What did you focus on, and what did you say before you called it quits?"

CODED BY ELECTRIC OF SHINE

~*~*~
Tagged: Takumi Sumeragi
Notes: XD
Outfit: Tickled Pink
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 9 Mar 2018, 08:54 AM

The tickling stopped and he rolled over taking deep breaths.

He'd just been defeated by a tickling charm...wherever his father was right now, he was probably either very amused or very disspaointed in him.

But his opponent was now offering a hand and telling him he did a good job.

He took her hand, using his other one to prop himself up so he could stand up, "Ehh it could have been better. But...I can't STAND being tickled."

But as for her questions...

"God...what did I say, did I say yamete? That means to beg someone to stop." [/b] he felt embarrased to admit that, "I think I was focusing on...everything you were doing, and that wasn't enough. I think I was having trouble dodging, because I was so focused on you."

katelyn tanner
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 9 Mar 2018, 07:45 PM

Kate's smiled only widened, and there was a trace of laughter in her words. "Yeah, I can see that now." When she had dueled Bruce, she had used a similar spell, which also, coincidentally, ended the duel. But it definitely hadn't had the same effect that it did on Takumi.

"Yeah. 'Onegai, yamete.' Something like that." She fumbled the words a little bit. The translation was quick in coming, though. "Oh. Well, I stopped."

Focused on her. Well, that made sense. She was the one dueling him. "Maybe you actually need to focus smaller." Kate said. "Like, instead of all of me," she gestured to herself. "Focus on my wand." She held up the hawthorn wand in her hand. "Spells have specific motions and whatnot. That would tell you more. 'Cause what if I hadn't said anything?"

~*~*~
Tagged: @[Takumii Sumeragi]
Notes: None atm.
Outfit: Technique
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 09:49 PM

Takumi could feel the flush on his cheeks as he caught the air of laughter coming from her, If you uhh...came from a big family you'd undertstand I guess." He flushed again, he had been so eager to explain his shrieking reaction to tickling he'd forgotten their earlier conversation about family until the words had come oout, "Oops I'm sorry."

"I'm a little embarrassed I was begging but..." He really didn't want to be seen as pathetic, and he didn't get the vibes from this girl that she did, thankfully.

"Yeah you're a very...mobile dueler. Reminds me of my father actually. He was smaller then most of his opponents, and used his size to be able to be more nimble." Of course magic was the great equalizer, but Takumi had seen photos of his father's duels where he could see his father dwarfed by an opponent over six feet, and not being intimidated at all. "Can you cast with no incanations?"

because I was so focused on you." [/b]

katelyn tanner sorry late and blegh
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 18 Mar 2018, 07:55 PM

Kate raised her eyebrow. That was a bit much...but it was also on her. She had said she had people close to her, she hadn't said how many. "Believe me, I know. Don't apologize." It took ages to get everyone together for pictures, and even then they typically ended with all of them dogpiling onto someone. Usually her. Or Ken. Kate still wasn't sure how they managed to plan it without ever saying anything.

"Really?" She honestly hadn't thought about how much she moved around during a duel. It just felt...normal to her. It was her working logic in quidditch too, even though some of the others thought her flips were a bit unnecessary. She just...did what she did, and it felt right.

Casting without words though...that was a little less right. "Sort of, ish? I can summon things no problem usually. Other spells are a little harder. Shielding is hit or miss." Kate shrugged. "I'm just saying what if." She'd get better at it, hopefully. They were supposed to know how by the end of the year.

Kate flicked her braid over her shoulder and backed up. "Do you want to try again?"

Notes: you're gooood. And subtle canon references ftw.
Outfit: Use the Force, Luke

PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 26 Mar 2018, 09:49 PM

Takumi let out a small laugh, "Anytime I fought with my older sister, she could always end it by tickling me." The worst was when she'd do that at school right in the middle of the hall, to tease him. Being the oldest sibling at school now did have its perks.

"Oh yeah my father was so ridiculously mobile, he usually tried to physically wear out his opponents, casting distraction sort of spells before making his final blow. He was a real show man. Its a legit strategy" he laughed, as he walked toward the water bottle he had abandoned, and drank from it. "God yeah I can't do nonverbal magic at all. The fact you can do it at all is amazing."

She asked if he wanted another go.

He quickly nodded, "Yeah yeah sure! We still have a bit before practice is over."

katelyn tanner
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 26 Mar 2018, 11:10 PM

Kate laughed a little as well. "Well okay then." So if she wanted to end a duel quickly against him then she'd just have to use the same spell, is what it was sounding like. But that wasn't the point of her dueling Takumi. She was trying to help him improve his dueling skills. Ending a duel with a tickling spell wasn't going to do that.

It made sense. "He basically made it so people were too busy catching their breath to come up with a spell." She could get that. Kate basically did the same thing in reverse against Rex and Cody: they'd throw spell after spell and she'd just wait it out, moving in and out of range and shielding herself until she saw her opening.

She shrugged. "It's still just one spell. If anything it just heightens my laziness during silent study." Summoning charms were a godsend normally when she was knee deep in homework or reading and she needed something. Being able to use them silently, well...usually the only thing she needed to say was sorry if she accidentally hit someone with a wayward scroll of parchment.

Kate smiled when he said he wanted to duel again, and her response was to bow, this time a little more dramatically than she usually did. This time when she faced him, the half smile she usually wore was still on her face. "Well, come on then, Takumi. Hit me with your best shot." He could have the first spell this go round.

~*~*~
Notes: beebs
Outfit: Round 2
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 2 Apr 2018, 03:18 AM

Takumi nodded as she vocalized the logic behind his father's logic, "Yeah exactly. Of course in the end that strategy had failed, and perhaps it wasn't the best one in the end, and could get you killed....but Takumi knew better then to verbalize that to Kate. Especially since she'd probably never be in a life or death situation and this would probably always be just a hobby for her.

He quirked an eyebrow over getting to go first this time...and he felt almost bad for picking the spell he did, after she confided her lack of skill in non-verbal magic...but then again, this was just for fun, no harm in playing a bit dirty right? He grinned as the words slipepd out of his mouth, as he waved his arm, "Silencio!" Unless she could find a way to defeat him with Accio, he had the advantage for a bit.

katelyn tanner I'm sorry
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 2 Apr 2018, 11:26 PM

Kate's eyes widened in surprise, as she failed to move out of the way in time. She had most definitely not expected that to be his choice of spell. Although, he had said that a stunning spell was a 'disappointing' spell. Still, to lose her words right out of the gate was not what she was expecting.

"Nice." she said, or tried to, at least. No sound came out, even though Kate knew she had formed the word. This was going to be such a pain.

Spells...she needed a spell. If this had been anything like her duel with Evan she wouldn't have been given the chance to think this long. But was anything even going to work?

There was only one way to find out. She threw one of Takumi's spells back at him. "Tarantallegra!"

~*~*~
Notes: XD (also for event purposes: references Evangeline Riot!)
Outfit: Silent
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 27 Apr 2018, 03:31 AM

Takumi knew he was fighting dirty, especially in a duelling club. But really as ac child, watching his father duel, he had seen much worse. This had been one of his father's many tricks, silencing his opponent, and then taunting them and casting spells to humilaite them, and getting a laugh from the audience.

But Takumi also remembered sometimes, the opponent would still be able to fight back. He hadn't expected Kate to be that opponent.

He was too surprised to even try to dodge, when he saw a spell coming for him, and it hit him. Just as he had done to Kate earlier, his feet broke out into an irresistable dance, which was pretty embarrassing given that Takumi had no dancing skill at all.

"Okay! Okay!" he yelled out, as he managed to haphazardly cast a counterspell for Kate's silence and restored her voice, "Thats a gift for a job well done with non verbal magic"

He quickly nodded, "Yeah yeah sure! We still have a bit before practice is over."

katelyn tanner awww he's being nice (also yay final bingo card square)
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 10 May 2018, 04:25 PM

Just because she hadn't had a voice didn't mean she was entirely defenseless. She remembered from class the spells just didn't work as well. But she couldn't help but laugh-albeit silently-as Takumi started dancing, the spell she had managed strong enough to cause its intended effect.

Like someone had unmuted a radio, Kate's laughter was abruptly audible. She calmed herself, taking the spell off of Takumi as she did so. "Just because someone can't say something doesn't make them defenseless." she said once her laughter was under control.

Considering how quickly their latest duel had gone, Kate figured there hadn't been much focus past silencing her. Two spells wasn't much of a duel, in any case. "Again?" she asked.

~*~*~
Notes: One more duel?
Outfit: Surprise
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 3 Jun 2018, 04:37 AM

Takumi found himself sighing with relief as his feet stopped moving, and he found himself sliding down to the floor to take a breath. "Thats amazing you know! I can do wandless magic, but nonverbal magic I can't do at all, as I said... You are really talented you know." He smiled up at her.

The smile quickly dissolved into a grimace as she asked if he wanted another go, "No...no I think I'm good for today....god can you pass me my water." His mouth was begging for water after all that activity. "Sorry you couldn't have gone against a better Sumeragi but I like to think I was a decent opponent. "

katelyn tanner There's literally no excuse for this taking so long, I apologize.
PM
^
katelyn tanner
 Posted: 10 Jun 2018, 11:32 PM

Kate's response to the compliment and his smile was her own half smile. "Thanks." She had gotten lucky with her last spell. She may have 'said' the spell, but it was entirely up to chance if it was going to work one way or another.

But it looked like they were at their end of duels for now. "Sure thing." Okay now she was showing off a little bit, as Kate pointed her wand at the rock they had left their things by and summoned the water bottles that had been left sitting.

Her grin faded a little bit at his self criticism. A better Sumeragi. "As far as the Sumeragis I know, you did well. More importantly, did you learn something?" Hopefully his answer was yes. It wasn't really a loss in her books if she could take something new away from a duel.

~*~*~
Notes: don't sweat it, you're totally fine <3
Outfit: 2-0
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.