admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Catching up, Loki Laufeyson/Polly Esther
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 07:12 PM

N/A

Loki had come to see a few aquitances here at the school and he had figured that he would also check upon Esther before leaving see how things were going with her. Granted it hadn't been that long since that little publicity stunt but still there were bound to be some news. The first period in a new environment was usually loaded with new information. Besides Loki tended to want to know about the education system and who better to tell him that someone recently exposed to it? Also... He tended to do things for a reason and he wanted to see what could be the next step in this particular case.

Looking around he noted how the weather was truly beautiful. It had been a good idea to meet out here. He had needed some fresh air and he liked the way they gardens looked too. The school grounds keeper was doing a rather good job on being on top of things it would seem.

He finally spotted Polly and moved towards her. Miss Esther... Hello. How are you doing?

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 03:36 AM

N/A

Would somebody please cue that bird?

Even the landscaping was insane here. Or at least magical. Polly had never mowed a lawn in her life, but she could still appreciate how impossible it would've been to pull off something like this anywhere else. It was like taking one of those fancy botanical gardens to the next level, plus dealing with a bunch of rowdy kids trampling everything on a daily basis. And they probably only needed one or two wizards to handle it, here. Crazy.

She might've been thinking about it too much, daydreaming while she admired the view, but she needed a break. Polly felt like she'd been doing nothing but reading and studying for weeks now. She'd probably finished more books during her time here than she had her entire life prior. And willingly, at that. She even had one on her lap now, although she'd given up on it for the moment and let the scenery distract her.

Unfortunately it also seemed she'd forgotten why she'd been waiting here in the first place. "Oh!" Polly jumped to her feet, book tumbling onto the grass, pages spread open. "Ah shhhhoot." She caught herself, flushing for a moment as she recovered the tome, brushing it clean before snapping it closed.

"Hello Mr. Laufeyson." The book was pressed firmly against her body as she swiftly composed herself. "I'm uh...good. Mostly." Polly laughed off the fumble, smiling. Definitely more relaxed than the first time they'd met, even accounting for the little fright she'd just suffered. "How're you? Is everything okay? Am I in trouble or something?" She was speaking rather quickly, as the questions and concerns she had about this sudden visit all rushed to the surface.

"I know I'm, like, really, really far behind, but I'm doing my best. Honest! See?" She hurriedly held out the book she'd recovered, the title displayed. Upside-down. But it was still recognizable as a school book someone a year or two younger than her would be studying.

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 10:03 AM

N/A

Seeing the reaction on Esther's part he did feel a pug of guilt. He hadn't meant to startle her like that and he did move faster towards her in case she needed help but it would seem that she could handle herself just fine. That was a positive attribute in a person he thought. You ok? Hope I didn't startle you too much. Well I did evidently, but I do apologize.he offered towards her. After all being polite could take you a long way. While he had heard her almost swear he decided not to comment on it.

When she said that she was mostly OK laughing off her stumbling a few moments ago he laughed softly. That's great to hear. he said towards her and he gave her a relaxing smile when she asked him how he was and voiced her concerns. She did seem a bit less stressed than the last time he had seen her but he could see how one would mistake their meeting meaning that she was in some sort of trouble. Probably she hadn't gotten the memo of his wanting to be involved in things related to education. I'm fine. And you're in no trouble at all. Just had a few meetings here and I figured that I would make sure that things are under way well. I know that beginning school can be overwhelming, probably even more so in a special case like yours.he replied to her.

When she added that she was aware of the fact that she was behind and that she was trying real hard showing him the book she had with her he nodded. that's a good book.he said recognizing it even though it was upside down. We didn't have it in Drumstang when I was a student but I did read it after I got this job and I find it is very good in covering important topics. And don't worry about being behind you'll catch up. It's a diffult thing, what you're doing, but you strike me as a smart girl so I'm sure you're gonna be fine with time.

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 06:26 AM

N/A

Polly shook her head at the initial concerns, more worried about the book she'd mishandled. They were so serious about their books here.

When Loki clarified that she wasn't in any trouble, she visibly relaxed. Letting out a little breath, her death grip on that book easing up. "Okay...good." She nodded, relieved. After a moment she looked down at the book when he gave his opinion on it...eyes widening briefly before she spun it around to be right-side up again.

"Ah, thank you, but..." She blushed, grinning at the compliment. "...you wouldn't say that if you'd seen my grades at real school." Blink. "Normal school?" Blink. Blink. "...mundane school." That sounded right. She definitely wasn't going to use the other M-word she'd heard.

She stopped shielding herself with the book and lowered it out of the way, fidgeting with it in both hands. "I just don't wanna be a charity case again. It didn't look like I was gonna do the whole college thing." And while she'd been planning for years to do the whole rich and famous artist/model/actress thing, Polly wasn't actually foolish enough to think it would be quick and easy. "I can't screw this one up."

loki laufeyson

PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 09:46 AM

N/A

The concern about the book itself was something that Loki would had been able to understand really. He was very proud of his own collection and he did remember that when he was a student in Drumstang he'd always have to be extra careful about the books that he borrowed. Not that he wasn't anyway and that he'd wouldn't be able to get away with a little disaster if something happened but still. He remembered being particularly careful when it came to alchemy and potions books cause of these two courses being more prone to something being destroyed. What he was having a harder time understanding was the anxiety about starting school. He had been thrilled to start going to Drumstang and he had felt right at home from the start. Of course his own actual home hadn't done the most impeccable job at making him feel at home so anything better and more filled with opportunity than that would probably have the same effect on his young impressionable mind. Plus he was 11 at the time so there was that too.

Seeing how she relaxed when he mentioned that she wasn't in trouble he smiled to himself. That was something else he couldn't quite relate to, due to the way he related with most, if not all, officials, when he was st school. Of course he could probably understand it if he thought about the events that followed his first encounter with a dementor. He had feared the possibility of getting fired at the time. Still in the school context it was something difficult for him to grasp. When her eyes widened a little after he offered his opinion on the book and she noticed it was upside down and rectified that he chucked a bit though he didn't really think there was anything humorous about a student that seemed to be as anxious as she was about being in some sort of trouble.

Her blushing at his next comment made him wonder. After all it wasn't a compliment it was his honest opinion. Her grin though was something that he understood better. He observed her as she tried to figure out what to call her muggle school. It was something that he had noted himself when he was at school that students thst came from a muggle or partly muggle background seemed to exhibit issues with the word sometimes. He didn't really get why. Well he did given the way in which some wizards used the word. Mundane was a fair enough substitute for the word though. I'm sure you're gonna do better here. Plus with the integration of the schools you're gonna have a lot of opportunities to pick and choose depending on what you're best at. he said towards her. It did occur to him that maybe he would need to explain that part a bit better, he wasn't sure how much of it she had been able to grasp. But that he doubted her smarts or anything but it was a new system relatively and she did have to process a tone of new information at once so...

When she mentioned not wanting to be a charity case again and went on about college and not screwing this up he nodded. He could understand the part about charity perfectly well. Well it's not a charity case I don't think. You've got the opportunity now, something you'd need to have and something we want all wizards and witches to. From here on out it's gonna take hard work on your part. I mean you're not gonna be gifted the progress you make. he said towards her.

polly esther

PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 21 Apr 2018, 06:02 AM

N/A

"Thank you for the uh, support." Polly nodded. "There's almost too many opportunities. I would've never thought I could see England, France and...uh, Sweden in the same day." She'd had to scramble and guess on that last one. Was it Norway?

"I'm not sure I should be trying to, like...pick my major before I finish the remedial stuff. You know?" She nodded again as he continued, though. Breaking into a lopsided grin at one thought. "I'm still not sure about the whole 'witch' thing. And besides, uh...do you even have, like...musicians here? I mean real music, not like, old people stuff." Like the things they'd make her play at school, for example

"I was going to start a YouTube channel with my friends soon, we were setting up a Soundcloud, Lucille had a great idea for a podcast, and..." She trailed off, likely seeing the same blank look in Loki's eyes that she'd frequently sported during classes here.

loki laufeyson

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture

HOS Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning Taking It Back INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.