admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Silence speaks volumes…, Bucky!
rayne soquili
 Posted: 20 Jun 2018, 09:20 PM

Stars can’t Shine without Darkness

It was late, more then likely nearing curfew, but Rayne didn’t care. She looked oddly out of place in her thin tank top and jean shorts in Beauxbaton. She took a deep breath as she made her way through the gardens. She had been in search of James Barnes, an old confidant of hers who was about as quiet as she was. She had been spending more then enough time with the dark haired man since her life had gone to hell… Course, because of her own stupidity.

She pushed herself just a bit faster, taking a deep breath as she tried to avoid thinking about her crazy life. Her fingers curled into her pockets as she walked towards the green house easily. She knew that James had probably surrounded himself in the plants and Rayne couldn’t blame him.

She stepped into the greenhouse, dark eyes searching for the tall man as she wandered about. Her bare feet made little to no noise as they moved across the wooden floors. She stopped to admire a few flowering plants, careful to keep herself out of reach of the plants. She knew better then to trust magical plants. Too many memories…

”Nice hiding spot,” Rayne mumbled out as she found James near the back of the green house, merely leaning against a work bench as she drew nearer to the man. She crossed her arms over her chest, pushing back a strand of hair away from her face. It was way too weird to have such long hair. It had slowly grown, nearly touching the middle of her back. Rayne hadn’t grown her hair since… She shook her head to clear it before she focused on James.

james barnes
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
james barnes
 Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 03:12 PM

N/A

the gardens of beauxbatons was one of bucky's favorite places to go. he often found himself strolling through them when he had no particular interest in being anywhere else, and it was always changing with the seasons--life was so abundant, here. sometimes, bucky barnes didn't like to be left with his own thoughts, he didn't like to be reminded of his loneliness, and sometimes, he needed to revel in it, he needed to experience being alone so he could remain grounded in some way. he always had the unnerving thought that he'd be taken and placed under the imperious spell again, and it was when that thought crept into his mind that he wanted to get far away from the people he loved.

he'd hate for his friends to ever see him like that. he was dehumanized, treated like a weapon and bucky still had nightmares of it--he woke up in a sweat in the middle of the night many times, and the image of him strangling steve was illuminated all over his brain. he didn't know if he felt like sleeping tonight, and that was what lead him to the gardens and then finally into the greenhouse.

he was lost in his own mind, trying to play out situations and scenarios where he could oppose the imperius curse if it ever came back into his life and he was sitting atop one of the tables, one knee up for his arm to rest on while the other leg dangled. he heard the sound of something approaching, and didn't even bother to look, he had a feeling he knew those soft footsteps anywhere, and thankfully, a wave of calm fell over him and not the other way around. usually quiet, sneaky footsteps in the dark of the night would put him on high alert. not this time.

"not nice enough, i guess. you did find me." he spoke carefully, rolling a sprig of rosemary in his hand as the smell drifted up into his nose. he looked over to see rayne, and offered her a soft smile, tapping beside him on the table to suggest she join him. "what's wrong? were you looking for me?"

PM
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 05:05 PM

Stars can’t Shine without Darkness

Rayne never minded being alone, if she was being honest. It had been a part of her life for as long as she could remember. As a child, she did hate to be alone, but then she grew up. She learned no one stuck around despite their attempts to. Friends came and went as easy as water and Rayne was no longer surprised to lose a friend, but Dakota was more then that... He was always more then that....

She hated how his face would play over and over again in her mind. Her nightmares hadn’t changed, merely growing, evolving into something that Rayne could not bear to face. Sometimes Dakota would be killed by the same people who took her mother, sometimes he would curse her for not having tried to stop them.... She hated her nightmares, but she rarely went without one... Except during those weeks she had been with Dakota.... Those weeks she had slept almost soundly without pause and god, it had been a breath of fresh air.

James and Rayne may have seemed like odd friends, but he was one of the few whom Rayne had spoken about what had happened... He would often roll his eyes at her for what she claimed as reasonable doubts... Not that he was any better, considering everything..... Rayne took a deep breath as he barely looked up at her as she approached.

”Finding things has always been a sort of speciality of mine,” Rayne notes the smile on James face as he taps the table beside him, easily moving to join him. She took a deep breath as he speaks, offering her that comfort to speak to him. She’s quiet for a moment as she adjusts herself, leaning back against the wall, as she takes a deep breath in... ”Rather not be alone.... Nightmares are getting worse and I just wish they would end.... Let me sleep in peace for once...” She took another deep breath before she spoke,”Besides, I thought I would see how you’re doing...”

james barnes
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
james barnes
 Posted: 10 Jul 2018, 01:58 PM

N/A

he tried to remember the version of himself that wasn't haunted by nightmares or thoughts of unforgivable curses, he leaned his head against the metal of the greenhouse walls and tried to chase the thoughts away. he hated it. he hated all of this. he wanted to be carefree again, he wanted to be able to fall asleep anywhere, his bed was too soft and steve was so kind and bucky just...he was overwhelmed. his life had taken a turn for the worst when he left hogwarts, when he left steve, and now? now it was like some higher powers were trying to piece him back together, as though they were ashamed of what they'd done, what they'd created was not what they wanted.

rayne was a friend of his and it was odd for bucky to say that. it'd been so long since he'd had any friends aside from steve, and while he was always a friendly guy and could fit in with different cliques and groups around school, he really always came back to steve. but he was branching out now, he realized he needed people around him, people who he could feel safe around because for so long it felt like anyone he was around was going to hurt him.

he turned his head to face rayne, expression softening as he did so. "nightmares still?" he questioned, sighing and turning back to look straight ahead, eyeing a few sprigs of mint that looked particularly green. "do you want to talk about them?" most likely the answer would be no, but bucky always felt like it was worth a shot. besides, some people felt better talking through their nightmares.

"i'm doing fine." he murmured, not liking talking about himself so much now that the focus was turned in his direction. in a nervous habit he continued to roll the sprig of rosemary between his fingers and pressed it down on the countertop they both sat on top of. "just felt like i needed a walk. steve's asleep i think."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.