Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

An unexpected visit, Jim/Oz
jim hawkins
 Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 09:09 PM

N/A

What it seems isn't always what it is
Jim was going through his notes being totally concentrated on them. He was in the middle of trying to figure out the schematics for something he had been experimenting with and he was writing frantically trying to get everything down.

He didn't have a class till later that day and he didn't have any apointements till the next one, so he was caught up with that before he visited his mother that afternoon to see how things went on her end of the project. She had been real helpful with helping disadvantaged students. She wasn't a witch herself but that was good cause he did want to have someone on the muggle end of things. They'd be covering more basis that way and she could also work with some of the parents.

Right now though her attention was focused complete on the notes in front of him. The thoughts seemed to go right through him so he wanted to write everything down.

oswald cobblepot

BY MITZI
PM
^
oswald cobblepot
 Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 08:41 PM

Oswald had started out simply annoyed with what Edward Nygma mumbled in his sleep. And what he did in his sleep. A certain doctor had put him in charge of making sure the man managed to sleep at all, and it had proven to be a challenge.

But eventually he had grown used to it. And somewhere between the time he had stopped and now, he had apparently fallen in love. So Oswald had voluntarily cuddled up to the man who he had once been uncomfortable sleeping next to at all. And sure enough, instead of finding himself frustrated or angry wtih all of Ed's mumbling, he'd learned how to listen to it. For the most part it was uninteligible and the man knew better than to ask about some of it.

Naturally, Oswald couldn't help but be concerned about some of what he heard. The distress it was causing his partner made him distressed because he couldn't do anything about it.

And then there was that one night. Oswald couldn't remember specifically when, but the night he heard that name he made sure to remember it. Like Ed would have remembered it. And all it took was a little poking to figure out who this "Jim Hawkins" was - or well, the obvious answer. It didn't happen to be a unique name but his position at Beauxbatons made it clear that it had to be the right one.

Oswald had little information about Edward's school experience - but mostly the thought in his head was that if it had been anything like his own, he would have to figure out who this man was. And why he was popping up in his seep talks. Oswald knew that Beauxbatons wasn't under his jurisdiction - hell, none of the schools were, but that was another issue in itself - but it couldn't hurt to pay a visit.

His knock on the office door was heavy and slightly hesitant. Oz wasn't sure how he was going to handle it; he knew his temper could get the best of him sometimes. But he'd come this far so he was going to handle it, because it was what Ed deserved.

jim hawkins
PM
^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 10:27 PM

N/A

Jim remembered Ed's school time as if it was yesterday. How much he enjoyed teaching him and see him flourish. Unlike many of his colleagues he had enjoyed helping the boy and encourage him. He had believed in him with all his heart and had been as willing to help him any way he could as he was with all of his students...and he had to admit that he admired how bright he was and capable of making it in everything he got himself into.

Still deep into his notes it took a few fragments of the second for Jim's brain to register the knock on the door. The way it sounded made him look up. "come in. he called. He didn't have any appointments he had forgotten about did he? What time was it? He had forgotten lunch a few times because of being into his work and simply forgetting that he also needed to eat Looking at the clock he sat back again and looked at the door, a bit concerned. When one of his students would knock like that it usually meant that they were in some sort of trouble... A sound like that rarely meant something pleasant. He shrugged and took a deep breath.

His eyes fell on the round artifact that contained the map of the planets. Since he had run into Ed again he had taken it down from the shelf and kept in on his office desk. He reached for it and held in a tender expression appearing on his face. This artifact meant a lot to him and had meant even more after him and Ed had made a replica together when he was a student. Holding onto it relaxed him and his expression was calm and neutral as he looked back up towards the door.

oswald cobblepot

BY MITZI
PM
^
oswald cobblepot
 Posted: 28 Oct 2017, 04:55 AM

Oswald was a controversial politiian. Confrontation was nothing new for him. He had to time and time again, but something about this one made him nervous.

He chalked it up to just an unusual mood. Really, the school made him feel unomfortable. Obviously Beauxbatons didn't resemble his alma mater, but it was less familiar to him than Hogwarts was. Oz couldn't imagine asking Edward to join him on this visit; in fact, he might suggest the other man avoid the schools altogether.

He finally entered the office when he was invited to. "Hello, Mr. Hawkins. I hope I wasn't interrupting anything?"

He had to stay polite. Oswald wasn't sure what exactl the man had done, but he wasn't going to let his temper get the better of him.

jim hawkins
PM
^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 28 Oct 2017, 06:17 AM

N/A

He could had been given a million guesses and he'd still wouldn't had guessed that the man that would walk through his office door would be minister Cobblepot himself. He got on his feet placing the sphere back onto his desk and moved on the other end of it extending his hand for a handshake giving a bright smile to the man. Mr. Minister. No interruption at all. Well I was working on something but I'd always have time for you. Please take a sit. Can I offer you something? I have to say when I said that I would love to meet you in person I didn't imagine that you would take the time to come here.

As he spoke the words however his expression got filled with concern remembering the omnimous way in which the man knocked the door. Why are you here though. Did something happen to Eddie? he asked. He didn't consider the possibility that the man was here to asses him, though he probably should had. Still his primary concern was that something had happened to his former student. The minister was the minister after all and a rather busy man, but from what he had gathered after speaking with Ed he really... Cared for him, so it could be that he was here cause something had happened to him and he had decided to seek out someone else that would actually care if something happened to the young man.

oswald cobblepot

BY MITZI
PM
^
oswald cobblepot
 Posted: 5 Dec 2017, 04:41 AM

"Thank you for the offer, Mr. Hawkins, but I am not looking to make myself at home here." But it was nice to hear that he was spoken of, all the way at Beauxbatons, where he had no power. Oswald was proud to known that he had come such a long way from the little boy he had been at Durmstrang.

Even if others didn't see him the same way.

"I'm sorry?" He rose a brow at the man's question. "It is none of your business whether something is troubling Mr. Nygma or not. How convenient that you knew I was here about him, though. I know he didn't have the easiest time here, so you might as well tell me now what you did."

He realized how quickly he had gotten defensive. "Of course I can't enact any consequences on my own, but the academic history of my employees is very important to me." Great save, no one will notice anything is off.

jim hawkins-viajero
PM
^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 5 Dec 2017, 06:35 AM

N/A

He offered he man a smile as the politely refused being offered something and he nodded. It was understandable after all the M.O.M. of the UK I government would hardly have time to spare for pleasantries. Which made him even more curious as to why he was here. After all it should be something very important for him to get here himself, instead of sending someone or at least summoning Jim to his office.

When the man got instantly defensive when he asked him about Eddie he looked at him perplexes and his words hit him hard. Ed's experience here hadn't been easy but why would he ever do something to one of his students? What kind of information was circulating about him in the ministry? Had Eddie said he had done something to him? No, he refused to believe that he wouldn't do such a thing. As the man tried to save what he had said, perhaps realizing how accusing he had been he thought that maybe it was purely an interest on his part for Ed. After all the man had told him how Oswald cared for him. You're right that Ed's life hadn't been easy here, but I assure you I didn't do anything to him. To this day he's one of the brightest students I've ever had, if not the brightest. All I did was offer him the knowledge he wanted to have. And deeply cared for him which I do to this day. If you're looking for the people that wronged him when he was younger you're barking at the wrong tree. As for the convenient part, well I only saw him a few days ago and now you're here... Figured that maybe something was up and you've come cause you needed my help. Obviously I was wrong. he replied. It was as he had told Eddie when they met the other day, the man who as his student and he loved him it wasn't something that he could simply turn off.

oswald cobblepot

BY MITZI
PM
^
oswald cobblepot
 Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 06:01 AM

"You can go rght along and deny it but I know better - " He had interrupted the other man, but let him finish when he heard the professor compliment his partner. Oswald felt a weight lifted from his shoulders and visibly relaxed.

"Cared for him? Well then, thank you, professor."

Oswald was still a bit snippy, mostly because he was embarrassed by the accusations he had made to the other man. Oswald took the opportunity to sit down so he could organize his thoughts.

"No, I don't need any help with him. It is all - what I imagine is - typical for Ed."

Oswald could have made any excuse in the book to leave and be done with this. But if Edward had just stopped by there was a chance he would stop by again, and Oswald couldn't just storm out. He was still embarrassed, too, and didn't want the Beauxbatons profesor spreading this story all over France.

"I apologize, sir. He said your name while he was tired and he mumbles so much but this one was clear, so I only assumed..."

Maybe it would be nice to talk to someone who wouldn't immediately tense at the mention of his partner.

jim hawkins-viajero
PM
^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 04:45 PM

N/A

Jim frowned at the minister's comment on that he knew better. What did this even mean? He had never wronged Eddie, or at least so he thought and he didn't really appreciate being accused of having hurt the man. Probably part of how he felt was due to his feeling that he had failed the boy (both him and Nagito for that matter) and that if he had taken better care of Eddie when he was a student none of... This, the bad things, would had happened.

He did feel better when he saw Oswald visibly relax as a result of his next words and his smile returned despite the aggression thst was still present in the man's voice when he spoke. He had seen passive aggressive reactions before in his life and that was something for he could recognize. It's an odd thing really how no matter one's position in the food chain some things remained the same. At the man's next words he nodded as he sat on his desk looking directly at the man. Understanding what was typical could be... Challenging with Eddie, it had been when he was a student and it still was today, and with many things having been added to the man...

When the minister apologized and he explained himself a bit he gave him a bright smile. Apology accepted Mr Minister. To be fair with Ed's past nine times out of ten your assumption would had been correct or at least partially correct. And... If I want to be completely honest I'm glad you care for Eddie.

He really was and that was the main reason why he had wanted to meet the man in the first place. Not to mention that way Eddie had described him he did sound absolutely wonderful. And Mr Minister? I know you've gotten a lot of backlash for the faith you've put in him, but I want to thank you. The ministry is lucky to have him and I wish more people would see that. oswald cobblepot

BY MITZI
PM
^
oswald cobblepot
 Posted: 6 Jan 2018, 04:54 AM

"Thank you."

It was sincere; it meant a lot that this man had brushed aside Oswald's behavior from moments before. It wasn't like Oswald to make a first impression like that - except to people who deserved it.

"He hasn't mentioned you, to me, many times, from what I can remember. We don't discuss our time in school often - it's usually irrelevant. So - the way I heard it, I only figured it was something bad."

Oswald had some of his suspicions confirmed. He was curious and wanted to ask some questions about his partner's past - but that seemed inappropriate. Especially given how little interaction he'd had with this man. And that seemed like he was going around his partner's back, which he sort of was, but not like this.

"Yes, I - we are very lucky to have him, indeed. He does have a bit of training to take care of, but he has come a long way since he started with us. I look forward to seeing him reach his full potential."

jim hawkins-viajero
PM
^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 12 Jan 2018, 10:06 PM

N/A

The sinserity with which the minister thanked him made his expression soften. Really he felt a burden being lifted from his shoulders as the tension that had seemed to tower above them a few moments ago was gone. He wasn't going to miss it really. If he wanted to be honest it wasn't difficult for him to forgive. The minster's attitude came from care after all and wasn't meant with malice. It was possible that such a thing would come later if he had found his suspecions to be correct, but that was a different matter entirely and not something that Jim would think of right now.

As the man explained himself a bit further Jim nodded at his words. "Well, we're here now either way, so feel free to ask me if you'd like to know something." he said instead, hoping that his tone wasn't one of a teacher talking to his student, given that most of the time he'd say something of the sort to his students encouraging them to ask whatever they needed to know. He did try to control his tone but he wasn't entirely sure how successful he had been at doing that.

What he knew for a fact that he was unable to control was a shine into his eyes when the miniter said I before correcting it to we when confirming what he had mentioned about the ministry being lucky to have Ed. It was momentary before him managing to schold his expression by it had been there. "When he does that I'd love to see what it looks like. Ever since he was a kid it was obvious that nobody would be able to tell how much he'd be able to accomplish." he responded to Oz's comment on Ed's full potential.

oswald cobblepot

BY MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon a Panfandom RP
HOS
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning The ArrowTaking It Back INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.