admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Buddy System
Sigyn !
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 06:32 PM

Buddy System

Here on Bombarda our members often say that our little group feels like one big Bombarda family, and honestly that's my favourite thing about this place - we're a community as much as a writing space. But when you're new to the site, seeing that and trying to get involved in that sort of pre-established group can be very intimidating. We love you already and we definitely want you to jump straight in with us, but sometimes it's hard for us to see if you're getting all the support you need because we're too excited gushing about characters. So that's where this comes in.

We want to start pairing new Bombarda members up with long standing veterans of the site so they've got someone they can easily turn to for questions and plot ideas. Our older members know the site canon and the characters and the past events and so on well enough that they'll be able to explain most things, or at least will know where to look or who to go for to find out any other answers. It can also be intimidating to speak up in shippers and the Discord server when you're new, so our buddies will also step in to help with that by pairing up characters that might be interesting or stirring plots their new member could get involved in. You can check out the full list of buddy duties below.

After a month of working with the buddy, the new member will be asked what they thought of their buddy and the system, and asked to let us know what works and what we could do better. We’ll pass thefeedback onto their buddy to help them continue to improved! After that month, the new member is of course still welcome to chat and work with their buddy (because hopefully they’ll be a friend by then too), and we welcome feedback at all times too; the only thing that will change is officially the buddy will then be free to take on another new member as well.

If you'd like to become a Buddy, make sure you meet the requirements below and then fill out the code at the bottom of this post and reply to this thread with it. When we get a new member, they'll be asked if they have any preference for who they are paired with (based on the characters or expertise you have listed), or if not, they will be randomly assigned to someone, and your current new members will be tagged in your reply so you can get easy access to their profiles.

As always, any questions, just ask Sigyn!

Buddy Duties

• Answer any questions your new member might have about Bomb
  • Facilitate questions/introductions to other members and to staff
  • Tag shippers of characters you think your new member's character might work well with, and suggest reasons why they should meet or plots they could have
  • Bring up your new member's character in the same way you would your own in Discord or the cbox when plots come up in conversation
  • Give context or explanations to your new member if a group conversation is referencing old plots etc ,that they might not know about
  • Anything else your new member might need!

Requirements for Buddies

• Must have been a member Bombarda for more than one month
  • Must be considered ‘active’ with regards to all current characters (all characters must have a post within the past month)
  • Must be easily and frequently contactable (i.e. checks PMs or Discord preferably once a day)
  • Must be willing to actively talk to and tag other members in public settings to encourage plotting and to advertise the new member's character (i.e. don't be shy, get them out there!)
  • Must feel confident with Bombarda canon or at least happy enough to ask staff

Note:
From now on, each new member will be signed up to a buddy when their character is accepted, and it’s then up to them how much they want to use the system. However if any recently joined members would also like to be assigned a buddy, just let Sigyn know and we can arrange this for you.

CODE
[dohtml]<center><div id="YOUNGGODS"><div class="forumrules-big">Alias</div>
<div class="forumrules-small"><xx>Expertise</xx></div>
<p>
<hr>
<p>
Characters (tagged)<br>
<b>Availabiltiy (time & how)</b><br>
<i>Experience (on Bomb & in general)</i>
<p>
<hr>
<p>
No new members yet!</center></div>[/dohtml]
PMEmail
^
Sigyn !
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 06:32 PM

Sigyn !
Bombarda site canon & angst plots

edward nygma phoenix wright maximilian ruber
Available daily, on both the site & Discord
Two years on Bomb & over 10 years roleplaying

No new members yet!

PMEmail
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 06:55 PM

Claire
Basic Bombarda canon, graphics advice

Takumi Sumeragi Burke Riegel Thelonious Vadam Asuka Soryu Olympia Vale
Basically anytime from 12 pm to 12 am for sure on Discord.
1 and a half years on Bomb, 6 years in general

No new members yet!

PM
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 07:12 PM

Ace
Canon Character Ideas & Plot Ideas

rayne soquili
Anytime on Discord and Mondays-Wednesdays on Site
1 year and 2 months on Bomb & 9 years of roleplaying

No new members yet!

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 07:34 PM

Dessy
Character ideas/Facts & Plots

rapunzel gothel, anna d'ancanto, clementine hutchinson
Discord/Site, and basically anytime.
1 year and 5 months & 6 years of RP

No new members yet!

PMEmail
^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 07:36 PM

ERANDA
Basic bombarda cannon, character ideas, plot ideas

jim hawkins bruce wayne loki laufeyson merida o'dunbroch
discord and site (daily)
8 months on bombarda and around 7 years of rping

No new members yet!

PM
^
brayden maddox
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 08:10 PM

N/A

Graced
Character Ideas & Plot Ideas

edna mode brayden maddox katelyn tanner ty ericson & arya tritan
discord & site (daily, but more active after 5pm PST)
1 year & 11 months on Bombarda, 6 years general RP, and I write write in free time!

No new members yet!

PM
^
talia al ghul
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 08:48 PM

CISSA
character ideas, plot ideas

talia al ghul jean grey meg morado gwendolyne parker isabelle desrosiers
PM on site or Discord; anytime I'm awake, now that school is out
Two months on Bomb; eleven years RP experience; BA in creative writing and working on MFA

No new members yet!

PM
^
Kyros
 Posted: 15 May 2018, 10:23 PM

KYROS
face claim help / graphics assistance
integration from canon to site

Nicholas Wilde, Elliott Hamato, Kyler Weylyn,
l lawliet, Edward Elric, Dakota Teton, Adrian Faign
Pretty much anytime from 8am to 8pm (central) on Discord.
I do work full time so responses might be slow, but I will see them.

1 year, 10 months on Bomb, over 15 years of writing experience overall.
BFA in Digital Arts. Hoping to start an MFA in Art History soon (ish).

No new members yet!

PM
^
Dannie
 Posted: 16 May 2018, 01:26 PM

Dannie
Site canon, character ideas, long-term/group plots

oswald cobblepot vanesa morado
Anytime, via PM or DIscord
RPing too long.

No new members yet!

PM
^
mavis vermillion
 Posted: 20 May 2018, 10:28 PM

N/A

Nara
basic site canon, character ideas, adaption ideas, plots, graphics assistance, code assistance

mavis vermillion, sakura sumeragi, serena tsukino
Anytime, just shoot me a PM/DM. I'm on most of the day (AEST) on Discord so you can get my attention there. If not then I'll be sleeping
2 years bomb (with rl breaks) + almost 9 years general

No new members yet!

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.