Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

YOU'RE A MOONCHILD, ed/sigyn!
ymir kuznetstov
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 11:12 AM

I LOOKED AT THE WORLD,
FROM ANOTHER STAR
THAT'S HOW YOU FIND OUT WHO YOU TRULY ARE.
The most recent full moon had left Ymir bereft of her ministry-supplied Wolfsbane, which wasn't too pressing for Ymir. She'd been doing this for along time, visiting various ministry buildings in various countries to pick up a few months' supply at once. It was easier to get the stuff in bulk anyways, because that way, if Ymir happened to get into a situation where she wouldn't be able to get to the Ministry, she had a fallback supply. They understood that. At least some of them did. Ymir ticked her fingernail against her tooth and glanced up at this particular building.

This one was full of characters.

...and Ymir didn't particularly care for it. She didn't want to have a whole goddamn conversation with someone when she came to pick up her Wolfsbane; all she wanted was to get the stuff to keep her from killing and eating again, and leave. That particular order of operations was all that Ymir wanted. All. And yet...somehow. Every single time she came in, there was some jackass who occupied her time talking about the weather or other things and ugh, Ymir didn't care.

She was supposed to pick up dinner after this, anyways. Dinner for herself and the room mate. The roomie was feeling like she wanted to eat hamburgers. Ymir didn't much care for meat but she wasn't going to complain, because she'd been given the money to go out and get food after this.

It was the thought of hamburger and the similarity to human meat that made Ymir's mind drift enough that she jounced into someone, shoulder nudging into them. Ymir's dark eyes snapped to the figure: "Sorry." She grunted, gruffly, and then pulled up her hood and went along her way.

Ministry rats. Ugh. Ymir couldn't stand the smell of Bureaucracy.
#000 WORDS
NOTES
woooooo
CREDIT TO ARIA
PM
^
edward nygma
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 10:04 AM

Edward Nygma no longer believed it was his duty to mingle with the riff-raff. He had subordinates to do that for him when his job required it of course, and he could fight through occasions like press conferences and publicity visits by treating them like any other work meeting. He had a façade for those of course, that fake politician smile he knew how to use to play his way through almost any interaction. But just bumping into an actual member of the public and having to deal with pleasantries and small talk? He was long past willing to deal with that.

It was almost in self-preservation though, surprisingly. After a hundred and one strangers recognising him and screeching about what an evil man he was, or cowering away from him and begging him not to kill them on sight, he’d lost all patience for dealing with the idiots. Even in the early days it had taken a large amount of self-control not to launch into a huge explanation about how his actions were justified (in his mind anyway), and how he wasn’t actually dangerous, nor was he stupid enough to attack someone he’d never met before in the middle of a crowded street?! Needless to say, Ed thought himself above such meaningless interactions these days, and would not actively invite conversation with anyone outside of his limited circle of friends unless it was strictly business related. Or unless he could get some benefit out of it himself of course.

But it would be hard to believe the grumpy figure stalking towards him down one of the wide corridors of the Ministry could ever have anything to offer him. So he barely registered her approach as he continued on his way, not so much as shifting an inch as she veered towards him as her mind wandered. It was her duty to stay out of his way, not the other way around. Although apparently she couldn’t even get that right, and though the collision with her shoulder was not exactly a dramatic one, Ed felt a flash of indignation rush through him at the audacity of it. And as she did nothing more than grunt in apology, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

His right hand held an ornate cane, the head of which was gold and curved in a shape oddly reminiscent of a question mark. It made a rather efficient hook, and before the girl could get more than a few steps from him, it was quickly looped around her nearest arm, aiming to halt her escape. With a loud and clear tut, Ed raised an eyebrow at her, pulling the cane back slightly to angle her more towards him. That was not a sufficient apology; do you realise who you’re speaking to?” Obviously not, or she wouldn’t dare have been so dismissive to the second most important man in this damn building.

ymir kuznetstov / 488
I have no idea why he's quite so full of himself today but, enjoy xD
PMEmail
^
ymir kuznetstov
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 12:35 PM

I LOOKED AT THE WORLD,
FROM ANOTHER STAR
THAT'S HOW YOU FIND OUT WHO YOU TRULY ARE.
Had Ymir kept an eye on the absolute shitstorm of Drama that had consumed the ministry as of late, she likely would have taken herself to another one. There were, of course, multiple Ministries in the wizarding world; this one was only her place of choice due to convenience. She'd made friends, and could easily get a year's worth of wolfsbane, on account of being so well behaved. They didn't know that she'd killed before, of course. She'd kept quiet about that out of mere necessity. Talking about it would make her get negative attention, and Ymir didn't want to explain her family.

Her lip tensed. Sometimes, she could see them in the backs of her dreams, the yellow-eyed horrors with long limbs and sharp teeth. Perhaps they were looking for her. Ymir certainly hoped not.

Once upon a time, Ed may have been relieved to see someone who so clearly did not just not know who he was--but someone who clearly did not care who he was. But now, that was most likely going to be an annoyance; not that Ymir knew, not that Ymir cared. The dark-skinned woman blinked owlishly for a moment, then curled her lips into an expression of mild irritation. With easy hands, she removed the cane from her body. Ymir twisted her body, regarding Ed more fully, her stare blank and hard to read. All of her was hard to read.

"....clearly not." Ymir said. She had no patience for this; posturing, posing. In seconds, Ed had made Ymir care even less about him than she had before. She would barely appease what appeared to her to be some ego trip, and then she would go on her way and avoid this particular ministry. "Who are you." There was no genuine interest in the tone. It was very dry 'I'll listen because I have to' type of stuff.

She was not stupid enough to explain that she had to go pick up her wolfsbane. That could come later.

#000 WORDS
NOTES
she's the living embodiment of the :/ face
CREDIT TO ARIA

PM
^
edward nygma
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 12:08 PM

Edward’s admittedly already over-sized ego had grown in direct proportion to the amount of time he’d been working as Oswald’s Chief of Staff in the Ministry of Magic. Though he’d always thought himself smarter than other people, he’d kept that opinion much quieter before his stint in Arkham Asylum. It had slipped out every now and again of course, and he’d gotten in some sort of trouble for it nearly every time, but he’d never openly flaunted his superiority to the people around him. Even at the beginning of his role here, he’d been far more subdued than he was now. It wasn’t until he really got a feel for the sort of power that came with a title like this one, that he became far more open with his declarations of his own brilliance. And after a few months of just telling people he was so much better than them in one way or another, the attitude had slipped into his behaviour too. Hence his assurance that he was far too important to mingle with ordinary people now.

So yes, in his early days, when the negativity surrounding his reputation was a heavy burden to bear, he would have loved to meet someone who knew nothing about it. But now, now when the anger of the little people was at worst an irritation and at best an admittance of his fame, it was almost an insult for someone to have not heard of him. He’d ignore the mutterings about his ‘murderous tendencies’ of course, but he almost felt he was owed the flash of recognition in someone’s eyes these days. So Ymir was breaking an unwritten rule by not showing it to him. His lip curled slightly as she confirmed her ignorance, though he tried to keep his annoyance out of his expression for the most part. She had the decency to ask at least, though it didn’t sound like she cared about the answer much. He would give her the benefit of the doubt for now though – maybe she was just bad with faces.

He shifted the grip back to the head of the cane, as its base tapped down between his feet again after she’d dismissed it a moment earlier, his second hand resting on top of the first as he took a moment to examine her, almost debating whether she was in fact worth answering. “I’ll enlighten you my dear, for your own benefit. It would be frighteningly embarrassing for you to wander around here not knowing the answer to that question after all.” He offered her a very patronising smile as he tilted his head slightly, almost like he was talking to a child. “My name is Edward Nygma, I am the Chief of Staff to the Minister of Magic. Which of course makes me one of the most important people in the country, and therefore deserving of a little more respect than the dismissive ‘sorry’ you offered me. So try again.” Maybe she’d get the hint this time.

ymir kuznetstov / 504
sorry again, I don't know how this slipped through my last sweep!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon a Panfandom RP
HOS
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning The Arrow INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.