you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Left Out in the Cold, Sig/Ed
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 06:18 AM

This is both an Age AU and a "Takumi's dad doesn't die in his first year" AU, and basically just a "what if" of mine and Sig's.

"Dad...Dad I REALLY don't like this!"

Takumi had practically just hidden behind his father, shaking as his dad pushed him forward, away from the dog that had jsut snapped at him, as Takumi had trid to pet it through the fence.

"Why is it barking at me, and trying to hurt me, most dogss like me!"

"It probably just thinks you're an intruder."

Takumi pouted, "Well I sure feel like one."

That was the main emotiont that Takumi was feeling walking down this Nottingham neighborhood. That he didn't belong at all, he looked nothing like the inhabitants he walked past occasionally, he certainly didn't dress like them, and based on the loud shouts coming from the house they were passing by, he didn't sound much like them either.

"Dad lets just forget about Ed...he's not even like my BEST friend, or anything, and...I want to go back to the hotel. "

His dad smiled at him and patted him on the head, "Taku-kun...you have to get out of your comfort zone more often. If I hadn't asked about your friend who lives in this area, you'd just be sitting in the hotel room reading."

That stupid comfort zone speech...Takumi always heard it anytime he was taken on a duelling competition trip like this. But usually it was something fun, not walking down the scariest street he'd ever walked down.

"Here we are. This is the address I found, go on and ring the doorbell, Takumi."

" What if its the wrong one?"

His dad laughed, as he pushed him forward, "I don't think there's many Nygmas around. Look I know you're shy but just go up and ask for him...and I'll be right behind you if anything happens."

Takumi sighed. He probably should have said to his dad at some point, that he wasn't exactly friends with that strange boy they had met on their way to the carriages...but he wasn't sure how to say that without his dad thinking he was mean... so he might as well get this over with.

He crossed the unkempt yard with his father slowly behind him, and rang the doorbell, his stomach twisting in knots over awaiting for the sound of a door opening. What if Ed's parents were just as weird and invasive as he was?

----

edward nygma
PM
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 10:04 PM

Ed had been excited to come home again from basically the month after starting school. He knew it had been difficult before he'd left, knew his parents had been harsh and unkind at times to him, knew the atmosphere had not been one of warmth like you might expect from a small family pulling together in hard times. But it would be different now. Because Ed had magic now. He was special. He could show them he was special and they would be proud of him and it would all be okay.

Except... it hadn't exactly been taken like that. He must have talked about it wrong because his mother hadn't cared and his father had been annoyed, so they didn't see this update to his status the same way that he had, even once he'd amounted a year's worth of experience in his new speciality. So things had been mostly the same, if not a little more tense because every time Ed had tried to mention school, he'd been shouted at to shut up. Maybe he just hadn't hit on the exact right topic yet though, or maybe it needed the right moment. He'd work on it though. He'd get there.

Right now though, he was sat on the floor in the living room with the newspaper he'd fished out of the bin after his father had thrown it away. It was not the sort to have crosswords or sudoku sadly, so Ed had taken to writing coded messages in it by highlighting certain letters and words. It was a fun, quiet thing he could do that didn't seem to bother anyone, so he was quite content with it for a while, and would have continued it for far longer if the doorbell hadn't rang and interrupted the family's afternoon.

His mother answered it, Ed staying put because he knew better than to rush out to see guests. They were never here for him anyway. The woman opened the door a moment later though, frowning down at the child on her doorstep. "Can I help you?"

Takumi Sumeragi

PMEmail
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 03:37 AM

When the door was opened Takumi froze for a moment, when the woman inquired about why he was there. He looked back at his father who was hidden from view from the woman by her vantage point, but he gave a quick gesture and mouthed 'go on.'

Takumi looked back at the woman, "Umm...I'm sorry to bother you, miss." Wait that didn't sound quite right... " wait I mean.... ma'am? Nevermind uhh....is Edward home? I'm a friend from school, my name is Takumi, I don't know if he's ever mentioned me umm...my dad is right over there, and we were in town for a tournament, and I imagine Ed doesn't get a lot of people from school in the area so..." Ugh he was babbling...he hadn't let the woman say anything at all, "Sorry sorry! I hope I didn't bother you!" ----

edward nygma
PM
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 09:11 AM

When he heard the familiar voice at the door, Ed's pen stopped moving on the thin paper in front of him, and his head lifted towards the door at the edge of the room. This was a surprise after all: a school person being here, England for one but then his house of all places? And his curiosity quickly took over from any concept that he should have known better, as Ed slowly got to his feet and shifted around the edge of the room to try and get a better look at their visitor to confirm that this wasn't just some skilled imitator in the middle of a prank.

His mother didn't seem to share his intrigue though, and seemed almost bored by the time Takumi had finished his introduction. "No, he's not here," she replied with a sigh, ready to close the door on the kid just as Ed had made it to the corner of the sofa and was peeking around it to see out of the front door.

"Takumi?"

His mother turned to the noise just in time to see Ed suddenly disappear from view as he was yanked backwards, the quiet smack sound followed by a whimpered apology that came after mostly muffled from the two visitors to the house outside of the room. A man then appeared by her side, though she quickly took that opportunity to leave her husband in charge of this intrusion, walking back into the room without even a glance towards Ed who was waiting out of ight again by now. "What do you want with 'im? He get in trouble at school again? I'll deal with 'im but I ain't payin' you for damages or nothin' if that's why you're here."

Takumi Sumeragi

PMEmail
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 05:26 PM

Takumi felt his cheeks redden, "I'm sorry then ma'am, I guess I can see him again when school starts."

But it'd actually be less time then that, when he heard his name echo through the house, in a familiar voice. He looked back at Ed's mother and narrowed his eyes. Had she just lied to him? ...Maybe she didn't want Ed playing with other wizards or... Takumi thought as the worst possibilities drilled into his head.

When the man popped up beside the woman, Takumi smiled, "Oh you must be his dad! He talks about you a lot. I uhh...its okay! I don't need anything like that, and even if I did I have a lot more money then-"

"Okay Takumi, I think I can handle this from here." Takumi felt a pat against his shoulder as his father cut him off, "Genji Sumeragi" he said as he held his hand out to the two Muggles, "Ed's not in trouble, I had the pleasure of helping him get settled on his way to school last year, and we just happened to be in town so..."

Takumi pulled on his dad's coat sleeve and hissed in Japanese "Dad she just lied to me, and said he wasn't in there when I heard-"

"Takumi it's rude to talk in a way our hosts can't understand"----

edward nygma
PM
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 05:51 PM

"He what?" The man shot a glare off to the side at the implication that Ed had been talking about him, the boy in question quickly going paler and shaking his head desperately. He had talked about his family yes, especially since as a muggleborn his different background had been interesting to some students. But he'd never talked about... about that sort of stuff, he'd never tell anyone about that!

Ed's mother had already left the doorway by the time Takumi's father had interrupted him, leaving only his father to grimace at the name he was presented with. Ed found himself silently praying that there would not be a moment where his father would have to repeat that name because he couldn't imagine any attempt would fit within the realms of respectful. The hand was shaken though, the muggle making a conscious effort to grip his opponent's hand too tightly, trying to size up who was boss here. "He needed help just getting 'settled'," the larger man scoffed, adding "stupid kid," to make Ed's heart sink a moment later.

The mutterings in Japanese earned a thankfully inaudible grumble about 'foreigners', before the man answered properly. "I ain't your host, and I asked you a question. What do you want?"

Takumi Sumeragi

PMEmail
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 06:11 PM

"Oh it wasn't anything bad! Its always good things!" Takumi insisted.

His dad didn't seem very put off or intimidated by the much taller man, though Takumi did see him rub his hands as he disengaged the handshake, "I like a firm handshake as much as the next man, but I need my hands for my work." he quipped.

Takumi himself flinched as he heard Ed's dad refer to him as stupid. For one thing that was really mean for any dad to say, and second, "Ed isn't stupid!" Takumi insisted, "He's much smarter then I am with every subject, and I'm the one who grew up as a wizard my whole life." If Ed's dad thought he was stupid, he probably would have thought Takumi was REALLY stupid.

The comment seemed to also make his dad stiffen, and Takumi could practically feel the tension from him, and he decided to take over the conversation, "I just wanted to see if Ed could hang out with me, thats all. I imagine it can be kind of lonely being the only wizard around all summer." ----

edward nygma
PM
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 08:40 PM

The comment in regards to the handshake received a snort and not much else. And in fact, it was Ed who replied before his father when Takumi leapt to his defence, a "Thank you!" jumping out of his mouth before he could stop it, though the way his father turned towards him had him backing away swiftly and murmuring apologies, hands flying to cover his mouth so it couldn't happen again.

"He's probably just cheating in classes kid, he's nothing special," his dad replied, though the words were directed at his son instead, only turning to look back at Takumi and his father when his question was actually answered. "He can't, he's grounded," he replied, though it would be harder to name a time when Ed wasn't grounded - more realistically he just wasn't allowed to leave the house most of the time whether he'd misbehaved or not. But then according to his parents he was constantly misbehaving. "That all? Get off my property if you've got nothing else to say."

Takumi Sumeragi

PMEmail
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 03:36 AM

"You're...you're welcome." Takumi said awkwardly when he heard the voice, through the door. "And oh no, he never cheats ever ever.' did this mean even know his son?

Takumi was willing to accept all of this, and he felt his father clasp his shoulder again and say, "Come on...I'm sorry I suggested this..." . But Takumi shrugged it off and looked back at the man.

"Why does it matter if he's grounded? Its not like we're taking him flying... " Suddenly something clicked in him, and his face grew embarrassed, [b] "Unless...that means something else?" The term of "grounding" to mean, "not allowing your child to have fun as punishment" was one that was very foreign to Takumi.

----

edward nygma
PM
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 09:12 AM

Ed had been very slowly creeping towards the door again while his father's attention was distracted, making his movements across the floor like that of a yo-yo, bouncing back to the wall whenever he was glared at but edging back to take a peek when he wasn't. It was a silly thing to do of course - if his father glanced around to see him too close he would of course be in trouble, but he couldn't quite help his curiosity over watching what was actually happening in this unusual conversation.

"He cheats all the fucking time, he's a no good liar and a cheater trying to cover up the fact he's useless," his father spat back at the kid on his doorstep, patience clearly running thin at being contradicted by someone so young. His attention turned to the other man though at the follow up question. "Not surprised you don't know how to discipline your kid, probably why he's so disrespectful to strangers, innit?" He glanced back at Takumi and added, "He's staying in the house because he's a disrespectful little shit who needs to learn better. Now piss off before I call the cops."

Takumi Sumeragi

PMEmail
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 08:37 AM

Takumi could literally feel the tension coming from his father, almost as if he could feel some sort of magic build up, and he could hear the familiar sound of jostling in pockets, "How I raise my son is none of your business. Just as I'm sure you think it isn't my business that the way you just insulted yours is one of the most meanspirited and cruel things I've ever heard."

Takumi felt a comeback on his lips, of that the only person being disrespectful was this man, but even with his impulsivity, he didn't want to talk back to this man at all....he was so big, and Takumi was so little, and he even made his dad look little. And he had also just threatened to call the police, and that caused Takumi to start tugging at his dad's sleeves. And yet with how his father had been acting earlier with telling Takumi to leave, the man seemed frozen in place, just...unable to process the man's previous statements.

----

edward nygma
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture

HOS Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning Taking It Back INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.