Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Stay Strong, Tag: Thel
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: May 17 2017, 03:46 PM

I'm Weak And what's wrong with that?

TAG: @[Thelonius Vadam]
It was 3:34pm, May 31, and in twenty six and a half hours, Nagito Komaeda was going to graduate.

It was still, honestly, a huge surprise for him. He'd never expected to get this far, and certainly not to have actually made it to graduation. He was absolutely reeling. He knew it was probably a shock to a lot of people that he made it here as well - but he'd done his best to catch up and set life and illness and fears aside to just finish. He'd done two and a half months' worth of homework in three weeks with the help of Jenny and then a few others when he got back, and...

Well honestly, beyond Jenny, much of his support system was here. There were Hope and Ender, of course, and Punz, and several other kids and a few teachers who'd all done their best to make the transition as easy for him as possible. Nobody had let him be scared of coming back for more than a few seconds, or worried about how he'd be perceived - he'd honestly never in his life expected to feel this... honestly, loved. It was a warm feeling that he never wanted to let go of.

One particular person had honestly gone above and beyond to help him. He'd gotten him a tutor, and a special quill to take notes at proper speeds to keep him alongside the other students, and more. As much as he thought he didn't deserve it, this man had still done it all and didn't even seem to mind it that much.

He needed to repay him.

He stood outside Thel's office, knocking, with his satchel tossed over his shoulder. Two items were weighing it down, but it was still lighter than most of his books. When the door would open, he'd smile slightly. "Hi, Professor- can I come in for a second?"

PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: May 18 2017, 03:03 AM

Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds

Thel felt rather melancholy as he packed away his belongings in his office. He was assured another year of teaching at the school, so some things stayed behind, now coated with an Anti-Dust charm. But many of his books and his personal belongings were being stored away.

He was happy because his first year of teaching, while it had its ups and downs, had gone well, and he was now having a deserved break of rest. He hadn’t been sure how he’d appeal to Durmstrang and to the other schools too, but he was now well loved by both student and faculty from all three schools. It was a wonderful experience for a man who had been afraid he’d just be the “Zombie Guy”, when he’d first taken the job.

But Thel was also sad because…well what was there to do during this summer break? Thel had come to realize during the Easter vacation how…lonely living by himself now made him feel. He didn’t really have any plans to meet up with any non family during the summer. Sure Gomez Addams had asked him to come over for dinner when he made the mistake of mentioning this plight in the staff lounge, but it would be a cold day in hell before Thel visited Gomez Addams in his house with the children he spawned. Most days it would just be him…and Bane too, but bird company was different from human company. Thel would certainly miss the hustle and bustle of school life.

He heard the door open and a familiar voice jolted him from his thoughts, “Of course Nagito you can come in…though I don’t see why you’d come here. Shouldn’t you be celebrating with all your friends? It might be your last night of seeing many of them for awhile.”

Thel knew teachers tended to have that special student. It almost surprised him when he realized Nagito was that student for him, but how could he not be? The two shared an experience that few people could truly wrap their head around, the feeling of Dementors feeding off you 24/7. An experience that Nagito had bounced back from beyond Thel’s wildest dreams. The fact he was graduating gave Thel a feeling of pride he’d never felt before, but one he hoped he’d feel again in his time as a teacher.

Created by MIAMI

Nagito Komaeda I'm already crying
PM
^
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: May 18 2017, 03:00 PM

Nagito hadn't ever really expected his favorite teacher to end up being Thel either - but so much had happened, and he'd actually understood everything, and would let him just sit in silence working on things in his classroom for hours at times to stay caught up - he'd even encourage it. Honestly, that was what he'd just needed, and he'd never known it until then.

He smiled when Thel told him to come in, with some confusion, and gave a slight laugh as he followed the instruction, taking the room in. "I've spent a lot of time with them - I just need a few minutes of a break, you know?" He sat down silently across from Thel, eyes scanning the absences on the walls. "...Yknow, I know it sounds stupid, but I'd always assumed professors stayed at the schools over the summer... I guess I was wrong." He gave him a quiet smile. "Where you headed?"

Thelonious Vadam
PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 07:26 PM

Thel gave him a warm smile “I can understand that…I still remember graduating Hogwarts. Though at this point that was a VERY long time ago. I graduated in 1988.” Granted Thel knew he probably looked much older than 46 years old. It was definitely Azkaban that had done that to him…even Nagito himself looked like he’d aged just from a few months.

Thel suddenly became very self conscious about the smell of ash in his room, from cleaning out his ash tray about fifteen minutes earlier. He tried to hide the fact he was a smoker from his students, even though most of the Durmstrang staff knew at this point. He definitely didn’t want to encourage the habit in any students, especially Nagito who’d gone through the same thing that made Thel take up smoking. He simply hoped maybe Nagito wouldn’t notice, even though even Bane had been wheezing over the smell for a bit.

He let out a deep chuckle over Nagito’s assumption “No teachers need a break too. You can’t expect me to be at the whims of Headmaster Addams the whole year do you?” He laughed again and suddenly got quiet at the final question “I’m headed home…my original home in London. I haven’t lived there since…before. In the time between getting out of Azkaban and getting my job here, I stayed with my uncle. He’s the reason I still have the house actually, he paid the rent this entire time.” It felt very strange to admit that. In a lot of ways it made him feel ashamed, he still received that kind of kindness from his uncle, when his immediate family had been too distraught to even want to see what he’d became after Azkaban. “Of course I probably have a lot of work to do on it, it probably suffered from being left alone for so long. But maybe you could come over once that’s all done. I know Jensen mentioned you two live in the area. It felt strange to invite a student to his home, but Nagito wouldn’t be a student for much longer anyway. Though the idea of Jensen accompanying him made his stomach twist into knots. Thel was not ready to see Jensen Ward in person again, even if they seemed to have developed something resembling an aquaintanceship through electronic means.

Created by MIAMI

Nagito Komaeda I'm sorry this took so long, the debates Thelled me out.
PM
^
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 12:11 AM

He lifted his eyebrows. Only 1988? God, Thel really was young - Nagito never would have guessed, not with the gray in his hair and the wrinkles on his forehead. He would have assumed he was in his late 50s or 60s, not.... 39? No, ugh, stupid... 46. He did the calculations, brain tripping over them a few times while he took in the room. Thel was 46 years old. Jensen was 43. They weren't far, and yet there was a world of difference between them.

...Or, maybe that wasn't quite right. Not after the past few months. He'd noticed gray hairs on his fiance, and really... he could tell he didn't have any room to talk either, not with the crows feet gathering around his eyes already. But he'd always felt old anyway. That was what got him into his mess in the first place.

He coughed.

...That was strange. He frowned, back of his hand coming up to cover his mouth as he did. It took him a moment to gauge why - the soft but distinctive smell of ash and smoke lingered in the room. Great... him too? Did Azkaban just have weird smoke-powers? Should he be worried about that? He was about to say something- then quickly closed his mouth. It wasn't his business. He needed to learn to shut up.

He gave a tired smile. "Yeah... I guess so. That would be awful." He'd only barely met Gomez Addams, and in the seventeen seconds of conversation that passed between them, Nagito had realized both that he never wanted to speak to the man ever again and that he was absolutely terrifying. He'd asked him some question about dementors and honeymoons, and he left as quickly as possible.

Oh. Wow. His uncle seemed like a nice person, to have done that. He stayed in the house and paid rent for.... four years, now. He wondered if Jenny would have done the same for him if it happened like that.... but he quickly pushed the thought away. He didn't need to be selfish right now. He smiled. "I'd love to! Actually, uhm... we, or, I, I should say, was wondering if you'd maybe want to come over for dinner one night...?" He doubted it. Thel didn't really like Jenny, and Nagito didn't really blame him, but... he had been talking to him. He'd been keeping Jenny more informed of him than HE had. For good reasons, but still...

"Oh, and, uhm... do you have room in your suitcase?" He gave a sheepish smile. "Because, uhm..." Okay, stop speaking before you annoy him. Quickly, he pulled out two bundles from his bag, wrapped up tightly in brown paper and string, and tried to ignore the swift way his face was reddening. "...The smaller one's for you, the bigger one's for Bane..."

PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: Jul 29 2017, 03:09 PM

Even though Nagito didn’t say anything, Thel was quick to gauge the cause of the cough “I apologize… I always smoke in here, and never anywhere the students can find me doing it.” Not that he’d think his boss would care very much, after all he did much more dangerous things in plain sight, but Thel did not want to encourage bad habits in students. Unlike Gomez Addams he wanted to be a good example. “I never smoked a day in my life before I got out of Azkaban. I do not recommend it, its only a bandaid fix for dealing with what that place did to me…to us.” He felt irresponsible mentioning it even eased things at all for him, what if Nagito was more interested in a quick fix then his long term health? Especially since he already was sickly, so…

Thel’s eyebrow arched when Nagito nervously dismissed Gomez, and he felt his stomach twist into knots remembering the kind of questions Gomez had asked him before, “Oh god, he didn’t ask you about…oh god.” He sighed. There really wasn’t much he could do about that, Gomez simply just…didn’t understand how normal human beings worked.

Thel felt extremely touched by Nagito’s offers,he handed the larger package to Bane, who immediately began chewing at the paper. “Honestly the paper would have been enough of a gift for him.” he laughed as he began to open his own present, “And I would be honored to have dinner with you, if Jensen will have me. I imagine things might be-“ He paused as he finally reached his present…a watch? A very nice one. “Oh Nagito you…you didn’t have to, this must have been…” God there was no reason for a student to spend any amount of money on him, “Thank you. I’ll be sure to wear it if I come over.”

Created by MIAMI

Nagito Komaeda
PM
^
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 01:41 PM

This post made 'Fly' by Hilary Duff get stuck in my head
Thel quickly apologized. He knew he'd tried to fix the scents around the room anyway, since it was so dull - he was definitely trying to be a good influence. He gave a slight, tight smile, crossing his legs as Thel went on. So... it must have been an Azkaban thing. His voice was quiet, but nonetheless curious- "What... what does it feel like? When you smoke?" Jensen always said it 'took the edge off.' He wondered if it was like chocolate - even the hot cocoa Jensen had made him drink when he got out of Azkaban worked, filled him with quiet warmth and a sense that maybe things would get better - a centering object. Were cigarettes like that? He frowned slightly, remembering that he'd started to carry a few candy bars in his bag. He'd never been interested in sweets before... but everything could change.

Nagito's laugh was clearly slightly embarrassed as Thel sussed out what had happened. He nodded, pushing himself forward a bit on his seat. "Yeah, he's... uhm... certainly a character..." Was there any other way to describe a man like that without insulting the man in front of him's boss? Probably not.

Still, Thel took the packages and Nagito smiled, face reddening. Bane was clearly interested in the paper, not that he minded, and Thel agreed to dinner! That was wonderful! He'd have to keep up correspondence with him and Jensen both during the summer to hash it out properly. Once Thel found the present, he avoided eye contact, pushing his hair away from his face to occupy his nervous hands. "Uhm, it - I just saw it, and it looked really nice, and, uhm - you see, on the second face?" He glanced up to make sure he was looking. "There's a place for you to input, uhm, contacts? It's, it tells you where they are at any given time - Home, Work, Mortal Peril... I just, thought it might be nice. You mentioned that working here can be sort of scary, so..."

Luckily, he was broken from that by a loud squeak over by Bane's cage. He glanced over quickly, and covered up his laugh with his arm. Bane had uncovered part of the (badly sewn) dementor doll, in a soft white color to contrast his black feathers. "I-I know it's a little morbid - but, I have one like it, and it's... it's like a Riddikulus charm for dementors. You can't be too afraid of it if it's stupid, right?"

PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 10:05 PM

Nagito’s question caught Thel by surprise. It had become such a reflex it was hard to exactly answer the question “Well…its hard to describe. Its simultaneously repulsive but also strangely calming. Very warm. Its not worth starting though. Its like any other bad habit, except potentially fatal down the line.” Nagito already had enough to worry about with cancer, he didn’t need lung cancer on top of that. He didn’t say that though, for all he knew it could convince Nagito he had nothing to lose by trying, since he already had the main risk associated with them.

Thel let out a laugh at Nagito’s description of Gomez Addams, “That’s one way to put it. Yet he’s somehow less stressful then the bureaucrats I used to serve. To be honest, he’s not as bad as I make him seem. He certainly takes the potential monotony of working at a place like Durmstrang away.” Before Gomez had arrived, things were a little bit monotonous. He had even wished for something internally, to take the edge off, something that could bring the kind of excitement he had when he was in the Department of Mysteries. He’d probably should have been careful what he wished for.

Thel nodded along and laughed when he heard ‘moral peril’ “Here’s hoping I will not need that setting…it’s a lovely gift Nagito. But you shouldn’t have gotten me anything, if anything I should have gotten something for you.” He really didn’t know what to get the boy though. He knew once he got out of Azkaban, many of the things he had enjoyed suddenly didn’t seem as enjoyable. “And the Dementor…its lovely too.” it was rather crudely sewn, but if anything that took even more of the edge off. “I took up sewing too after I got out of Azkaban. Can you believe that? It is a very relaxing thing, it lets you create things but isn’t stressful at all.” And was certainly more healthy then smoking.

Created by MIAMI

Nagito Komaeda-WardFINALLY the IOU is complete
PM
^
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 02:08 PM

TAG: Thelonious Vadam
one day i will tag thel right
Nagito nodded quickly. "No, I really don't have any interest... besides, with my issues, it would probably affect me too much." And Baymax and Jensen both would be on his case, which he definitely didn't want; he hated disappointing people. But... at least he had an explanation now. Most people probably wouldn't be contented with an explanation like 'it's gross but soothing', but that in itself described at least three of his own coping mechanisms, so who was he to judge?

But he got Thel to laugh! That was good! He grinned genuinely as he listened. He could see that - Gomez, while he left a big sense of distaste in Nagito's mouth, was at least not a normal stuffy sort of person, and probably not an intentional asshole. He was still no one he'd want to meet down a dark alley at night time, at least...

He gave a slight laugh at Thel's mention of buying him a gift. "Not at all- I mean, you gave me a great gift anyway..." He smiled, tapping his bag. The quill he'd been given was something he was probably going to use for a long time, considering how much nicer his notes were with those instead of his left hand. "...Plus, even beyond that, you've talked to me and..." Okay, maybe what he wanted to say was a little weird. Telling someone they influenced your career choices... was definitely probably too weird for this conversation.

Thel had gone on anyway, to talk about sewing. He nodded - Jensen had taught him a little bit, and Punz had taught him more. It was a better occupation for his hand than scratching at the skin on his other arm, anyway. "It's nice. It's something new, too - I'd never tried before. Had you?"

PM
^
Thelonious Vadam
 Posted: Oct 30 2017, 07:54 PM

Thel simply nodded, “Good boy. I’ve heard you entered remission, and I don’t want you developing cancer somewhere else. I know the idea of something being forbidden gives it allure, but trust me, my generation tell people your age not to smoke for good reason.” Though he knew there was little he could do to deter Nagito from bad behavior, he was eighteen and was going to live his life. Thel had certainly done his share of things he was told not to at that age. The best thing he could do is say his piece and hope Nagito actually listened.

Thel had almost forgotten about the quill, and it’d taken him a second to realize what Nagito was referring to when he motioned at his bag, “Oh yes that. It was no trouble at all, honestly. Its just an accommodation for a student that needed it.” That was one of those words he’d heard at one of those fancy teacher seminars. Thel felt some own words sitting in his throat that’d been waiting to be shared, and suddenly they came out, “I feel very proud seeing you graduate, that in itself is a lovely gift. My sister was a Squib,” He chuckled suddenly “… well is a Squib actually, its not she’s dead or anything.. I look at you and wonder how different things would have been for her if she’d been able to go to Hogwarts at the time.” He looked at Nagito thoughtfully, “What career were you thinking of by the way? Its fine if you don’t know yet. I think you’d be wonderful at many things.”

When Nagito asked if sewing had been something he picked up post Azkaban, Thel shook his head, “My mother taught me after my father died, she taught me a lot of life skills so I could do my fair share of work, while she took care of my sister. I used to think it was monotonous and boring, when I was your age, but something about Azkaban made me see the value of creating things and keeping your hands busy.”

Created by MIAMI

Nagito Komaeda-Ward Some wild Thel backstory appears
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon a Panfandom RP
HOS
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning The Arrow INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.