you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Ehmmm... Hi?, Edward / Bruce
bruce wayne
 Posted: 24 Oct 2017, 06:01 PM

I'm smart and I'm striving to be strong.
Drusmtang was an intimidating building, or at least so it seemed to Bruce. It was unfamiliar and several of the students seemed intimidating to him. So when he was supposed to meet up with Edward for a technomancy project he was happy to arrange it at the coast line on a part that wasn't too close to the sea and it actually had a pavilion in which they could sit and study. Besides with technomagic project you wanted to have open space cause you never knew when something could go wrong. Books and tools at hand he walked towards the designated place, enjoying the breeze onto his face. He hadn't interacted much with the slightly older boy and it was a surprise that they'd have to do a project together. However he hoped that things would go well. If he wanted to be honest he did find him a bit intimidating, more than a bit actually, but he was determined to not let that show. He didn't know what kind of person Edward was and there were some people that all they needed to lash out and hurt him was the knowledge that he was intimidated by them. Of course he was getting better at defending himself, but he wasn't at his home turf now and he didn't want any trouble with his partner for this project. Of course he didn't doubt that if there was an issue indeed professor Hawkins wouldn't mind letting him switch partners, but he didn't want to be an inconvenience and he didn't want trouble in general. He didn't want to draw attention to himself if he could help it, and he really wanted things to just go well. After all the other boy had given him the impression that he was smart and good at this so if they worked together they could both get a good grade.

Reaching his destination he took a deep breath here goes nothing, he thought to himself. He could do this. He hoped he could do this. He shrugged and moved on closer, trying to remove any hesitation from his stride and posture. It wouldn't help him to be hesitant.

Even though it was counter intuitive to call attention to himself in an environment that he wasn't very familiar with and the attention of a person he didn't know well to boot he called out to Edward once he saw him. Hey. Thanks for meeting me. You ready to get started?

Having spent many years being bullied and being beaten up with his only crimes being, he thought, that he was different and quiet and smart and maybe not very apt with people, well if one didn't count that it was his own fault that his parents had died in his mind and while he did count it most of the time he didn't here cause he knew that his bullies didn't care about that, he was difficult to deal with at first. Besides the social graces weren't his strong suit. He was smart, books smart at least. He was also borderline autistic. He held what he had brought with him close to his body as he approached Edward. He didn't even realize it but he was semi ready to flee if he had to.

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 3 Nov 2017, 04:27 PM

N/A

Group projects sucked.

The only thing Edward was confident about in group projects was his ability to trust no one. He either ended up doing all the work or he just branched off and did his own thing, professor’s preference be damned. It was bad enough that he was having to do this group project in the first place - but with a student that didn’t even go to the same school as he did? Super lame.

And it was for his technomagic class to boot. Ed shook his head, his long blond bangs falling into his face and obstructing his vision for a moment before he brushed the strands out of his eyes. He did try to keep a relatively neutral face when his project partner - Bob? Bill? - called out to him. “Not really,” he said. “I wanted to do this on my own but apparently, that wasn’t an option.” His golden eyes studied the other boy for a moment or two. “What’s the project even about?”

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 3 Nov 2017, 04:54 PM

This wasn't a field day for Bruce either, but he wanted the good grade and he just hoped that the other boy wouldn't hold him back. He didn't like not knowing the academic background of someone he had to work with and he liked even less knowing close to nothing about them to boot. This was probably a terrible idea, but they were stuck with it, so... Hearing the other boy ranting about it made him even less pleased about it, but he couldn't be bothered with how Edward felt about this. As long as he didn't try to torture him somehow and he didn't affect his grades in a negative way he couldn't really care less. Hopefully they'd do this thing and be done with it fast and painlessly. They were only a few minutes in and he was already missing his own school. Not everything in Hogwards was perfect, but at least it was an imperfection he was familiar with... And Elwin and Rapunzel were there... He sighed and looked at the other boy in the eyes before going through his notes once again. He had gone through them so many times already he basically knew them by heart, but that didn't change the fact thst he wanted to be 100% sure that what he was about to say was accurate. He'd hate to have the other boy rant about him getting something wrong, he already seemed to have a fair stock of complaints of his own.

Well it says here that we're supposed to make schematics for a technomagic device that we've got... he said presenting a little item he had brought along that is currently not functional and explain why this is so and try to make it work... Shouldn't be too difficult. We can start by figuring out why it doesn't work, everything else should be easy. In theory at least. the device itself had been provided by the instructor. It was nothing dangerous and even if they got something wrong only thing that would be hurt would be their pride.

Knowing his skills Bruce knew that he could probably manage this project himself and there was a small part of him that did hope that this would be the case. His partner would benefit from it by their common grade, but at least he wouldn't have to worry about such things as how his partner would work...

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 13 Nov 2017, 11:48 PM

N/A

Edward’s eyes snapped to the technomagic device as his partner pulled it from his pocket. He reached for it with his right hand, fingers making a muffled clink as his gloved metal digits made contact with the device. Pulling it towards him, he studied it as his partner - Blake? No, shit, it was Bruce. Random name retrieval from the depths of his brain was a success.

Anyway, Edward’s attention had been completely captivated by the small device that Bruce had brought with him while his partner talked about what they were supposed to be doing. “Uh huh… Schematics,” he said, mind already trying to process what he was being presented with and the various methods to go about tackling the assignment. “Before we figure out how it’s broke, shouldn’t we know what it was supposed to do in the first place? Spoons can be broke if they’re supposed to be forks.”

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 14 Nov 2017, 10:06 AM

When he heard the muffled sound as Edward got the item from him as he explained what they were supposed to be doing today his eyebrows came closer to each other as he momentarily was taken over by curiosity though he decided to stay quiet about it as quickly as he wondered about what it was that had caused that sound. One of two things would happen in Bruce's perseption if he did ask: either Edward would reply and then pay him back by asking Bruce about himself OR he wouldn't like the fact that he was asked with results varying from a simple displeasure to the other boy decided that he was worth some sort of torment for his curiosity. He couldn't say he was fond of any outcome so his silence on the matter was the default option and he kept on talking sitting himself down at the pavilion as his expression changed to a neutral one once more.

He slightly frowned as the boy seemed troubled by the aspect of schematics but he had confidence in the fact that he could make those himself so it wasn't any big deal really just an inconvenience. He didn't comment on the fact that Edward was looking curiously at the item he had brought with him as he spoke. While he had a difficult time understanding other people the curiosity about technomagic items and the ability to look at something while listening to something else where things that he understood.

The boy's comment about figuring out what it did first before figuring out why it was broken accompanied with the fork and spoon example yielded a strange expression from him as if his face was trying to exhibit both a slight smile and a frown at the same time. Which was what was the case. He wanted to slightly smile for having a partner with a brain and frown for not thinking himself thst they should first figure out what it did. That... Is an excellent point. Truth be told I've got absolutely no idea what it's supposed to do and professor Hawkins didn't say. I am fairly certain that it's not something dangerous or distuctive in some fasion cause I don't believe he'd give us a project that could be potentially hazardous... he said towards his partner and then looking at his notes he added. He did mention though that we would know that it has the appropriate effect cause that tiny bulb like thing on its right side will appear orange, while it would be turned off at any other case. he added.

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 21 Nov 2017, 06:18 PM

N/A

Edward raised his brows when Bruce said that he had no idea what the device was supposed to do. “Then we’re not going to be able to know when we fix it then will we?” he said, setting the item down on the table between them before crossing his arms over his chest. Bruce was running through potential issues that might arise considering that neither of them knew what exactly this thing was. “You don’t know that,” he pointed out. “You’re only hoping he wouldn’t.”

--- bruce wayne | OOC: Ack, I’m sorry it’s short. I have no idea the sort of device they’re dealing with...

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 21 Nov 2017, 07:11 PM

Bruce looked at his partner with a sigh as he offered a question, a reasonable one at that, and then questioned his statement about the device not being anything too dangerous. He took a deep breath before responding trying to keep himself calm, though frankly Edward was kinda getting under his skin. Look we can figure it out ok? We can do some research first on muggle technology and technomagic devices... Hense the books and notes I've brought with me. As for the second part fine... Though a hope is more than enough in this case. I don't know how all the instructors handle things I don't know of an occasion in which the particular one did something in order to put his students into harms way with a project. he said.

He offered one of the books to Edward while he opened another set of notes for himself. Let's just start working shall we? he added. It was becoming obvious that Bruce wasn't certain apt in the social graces. All he wanted to do was his job and then be on his merry way really and he got the impression that the same stood true for Edward as well... So for the moment he didn't see a reason to start making friends.

Edward Elric Ooc: I didn't have something specific in mind so if you have something you'd like it to do feel free for ed to remember seeing something similar or finding it in the book or whatever.

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 25 Nov 2017, 04:51 AM

N/A

Edward just shrugged when Bruce suggested that they get to work. He eyed the device for a few more moments before pulling one of the books out of the stack that Bruce had piled onto the table between them. The wind was picking up, though, and from the looks of things, a storm was pushing its way in. “We should probably head inside before we get too into anything,” he commented, lazily flipping the book shut and standing, reaching his fantastically short height of not very tall at all.

Gathering what he could and making sure that Bruce could grab the rest, Edward started for the castle as it began to drip drop rain on them. Haphazardly shifting everything to one arm, the blond held up his right arm to the sky, palm facing up, and a shield extended over his person (and Bruce, too, if the other boy walked close enough) to keep the rain off him. It looked like wandless magic but it was nothing of the sort.

Once inside, Edward found the closest table to dump things on before casting a rather messy charm to dry his uniform since he hadn’t managed to get the umbrella charm to work as soon as he would have liked. “It’s late enough in the day,” he said, straightening the pile of stuff that he’d grabbed when the storm had rolled in. “We could probably just use one of the empty classrooms if you want.”

--- bruce wayne | OOC: Lemme know if that’s too god-moddy and I’ll rewrite it. I’ve also figured out what the device could be - maybe some sort of modified Remembrall?

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 26 Nov 2017, 11:00 AM

Seeing Edward shrug Bruce wondered if there was something he should say but he soon got distracted by the wind that was starting to pick up. He nodded at the boy's comment that they should head inside. Their notes flying around due to the wind wouldn't help in any way and if it started to rain, as it felt that it would soon enough it could lead to them getting sick... Not to mention damage the books and notes and probably ruin the device they were supposed to work on.

As the boy gathered quickly some of the things Bruce gathered everything else and followed him. When the first drop fell he looked up before turning to look at Edward who had created some sort of protective barrier above his head and Bruce dif move to walk close enough beside him to be protected by it as well. It looked like some sort of wandless magic and a not vocal one at that and Bruce had to admit that he was impressed. Achieving either feat wasn't easy and the fact that, apparently, Edward had achieved both while he was still a student it was pretty damn impressive. Maybe working with the other boy would be better than what he had thought it would be after all.

When they were inside he left the things he carried next to where Edward had left the things he had been carrying and mimicked him in drying himself before turning his attention back at the items they had brought inside to make sure that there wasn't something among them that needed drying. After that he turned his attention back at Edward just in time to hear what the other boy said. Sounds like a plan to me. Definitely beats working in the rain. Your call which class we use, you know the schedule around here better than what i do.

Edward Elric - it's fine and I love this idea it's harmless and useful and there is so much potential in utilizing both muggle tech and magic.

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 5 Dec 2017, 11:52 PM

N/A

Bruce had a point there. Giving a nod, Edward gathered up his armfuls that he’d brought in from the rain and headed down one hallway, only partially glancing over his shoulder to make sure that the other boy was following him. Turning at a corner, he did pause at least to let Bruce catch up. He was a jerk, but he wasn’t that much of a jerk.

Waiting until Bruce caught up to move any further, Edward then surged forward, leading the two into an empty classroom at the far end of the stone corridor. He was quick to set things down, pulling one of the books off the pile and flipping through it. He hadn’t stopped thinking just because they had relocated from the outside. “It kind of looks something like this, doesn’t it?” he said, turning the book so that the other boy could see it as well. “A Remembrall. I’ve seen them in shops a few times, but they’re not super common here…” Edward’s golden eyes rose to find Bruce’s gaze. “What do you think?”

--- bruce wayne | OOC: Remember that Edward is tiny.

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 6 Dec 2017, 06:44 PM

Even though they hadn't walked in the rain for long Bruce could feel his back hurt a little cause he had to duck in order to get under the protection that Edward had made, the boy being about a foot or so shorter than him. He had the prudence to stay quiet about it though. He did have a hard time understanding people but that didn't mean he was stupid and being like "hey you're short" in the boy's face would be rude without any good reason really.

Picking things up he followed Edward around, keeping half a mind in following the other boy and the other in memorizing the way they were following for when he'd have to leave this place. Still he wasn't used to how this castle looked, it was more intimidating than hogwards. Then again hogwards he had known by heart for years now, despite still finding out new things about it still and he didn't have the same kind of experience with this place... He could find his way around his home school with his eyes closed and here he couldn't so he was sure that this added to how he felt about this place.

He did feel grateful for the fact thst Edward made sure he was close and was following him. It gave the boy points that he took the time to do so. It was a small thing, maybe, but Bruce took hardly anything for granted so...

When they set things down he sat himself down and started flipping through some notes when Edward called his attention to something. Looking up and hearing the boy speak a bright smile shined on his face, lighting his features. I think you're right... Yes. Ok that was impressive. he said meeting the other boy's gaze and giving him an approving smile. These things are amazing really. Might get the chance to lean more about them with this project. I've wondered about them in the past, but something else seemed to draw my attention every time I figured I'd give them a look and i forgot about them. Ironic isn't it?

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 16 Dec 2017, 02:31 AM

N/A

Well at least they agreed on something.

“Considering that I don’t believe in coincidences, I guess the only thing left is for it to be ironic. Although, if it really were ironic, you would just straight up forget about it without your attention being pulled away but,” Edward just shrugged, letting his words end rather abruptly. He had nothing else to really say on the matter and so instead of rambling on about it, he simply stopped speaking.

Inhaling deeply, Edward turned his attention back to the book pages he’d shown to Bruce. “So Remembralls are supposed to have some sort of fog or smoke or something inside, but I don’t see anything inside this one. Maybe that’s what’s broken?”

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 17 Dec 2017, 09:38 PM

Bruce snorted as a response to Edward's words, which was really the closest he got to laughter when it came to a person he didn't know well, or almost at all as was the case with his project partner. "Fair enough." he said towards him. This far things were proving to go better than anticupated and that made Bruce happy. There had been quite a few things that could had gone wrong and given that even a few minutes ago, back outside, he had thought that it was possible that he'd end up doing this project alone... this was progress.

Hearing the other boy's next words he nodded. "That sounds like a good probability yes. Though he'd have to check if the technomagic part is relevant to producing the smoke maybe? Even if so that could be broken to be honest, I mean I can't think of a better explanation as to what's not working with this so..." he offered.

He looked at the boy and then went back to examining the device on the table while also trying to find more information on a notebook, his posture visibly less guarded now that they were well on their way of working together in a civil manner. That of couse didn't mean that he was completely relaxed, and he was nowhere near the way he was with people like Elwin, but that didn't chance the fact that he didn't look like he'd be ready to bolt if he had to.

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
Edward Elric
 Posted: 26 Dec 2017, 05:32 PM

N/A

Edward tapped the fingers of his right hand on the tabletop, the contact making an odd sound, staring intensely down at the pages of the book he’d opened up and showcased to the other boy. He didn’t bother sitting down, not yet anyway. He had a tendency to do his best thinking on his feet, while he was able to move around. One of the professors, he forgot which one or what school they were at, told him that it was because moving around got the blood flowing and got more blood pumping to the brain and okay, yeah, the science behind it made sense but that wasn’t why Edward did it. Edward did it because if he sat for too long, his left leg locked up and his joints started aching beyond anything he ever cared to deal with.

“Better explanation or not,” he said, golden brown eyes moving from the text to Bruce, “at least we have a starting point.” It was a hell of a lot better than nothing, after all. He heaved a sigh. “We’re going to need to know the ins and outs of how Remembralls are made,” he pointed out, gaze wandering to the stack of books. “You happen to have anything that’ll tell us about that or do we need to go visit some libraries?” He crossed his arms over his chest, straightening up a bit (as much as he could, anyway), and frowned at the device sitting on the table.

--- bruce wayne

PM
^
bruce wayne
 Posted: 2 Jan 2018, 09:20 PM

Bruce felt two conflicting things at once as Edward would tap his fingers, the sound becoming present once more, and would do so standing up and moving around. On the one hand he felt a rising curiocity about the source of the sound, since it wasn't a natural kind of sound and on the other he felt somewhat uncomfortable by the fact that the other boy was up and about while he was sitting down. His gaze remained on the boy's hand for a few moments before looking up at him trying to force himself to relax. It wasn't an easy thing to do, but the fact that they were here doing a school project made things easier.

The boy's words gave him something else to concentrate on, for which he was rather grateful. When the boy asked if he had anything that would tell them about rememberballs he shook his head. "It'd be time to visit the libraries. Hadn't considered rememberballs as an option I must admit and what I've got here doesn't contain anything about them." he replied

He got on his feet once more "Lead the way." he added taking some of the things on his hands once more. He was itching so much to ask about what it was that had been making the sound. He was getting more curious every time it made an odd sound and he didn't know how much longer he would be able to not ask.

He tried to think of a way to ask as they'd be on their way to the library and he decided to settle for something else he was curious about instead and maybe they could circle back to the topic of the odd sounds later. "You know I haven't seen many students that can perform wordless and wandless magic, little alone with such persision... think i could take a course here that would cover that?"

Edward Elric

BY MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.