you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I actually do care, Loki Laufeyson / Vanesa Morado
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 7 Dec 2017, 07:50 PM

Vanesa might had been low in the hierarchy of the department of education but she was still in his department and he did want to speak with her. After all he wouldn't accomplish anything if there was miscommunication within his own department. And he had been low on the food chain of the ministry himself and he knew that often good ideas and perspectives could be missed if one didn't pay attention to those that weren't higher ups. That was why he wanted to speak with her. He really did want to make the time to see how she liked her job and also see if she could be a permanent addition to the department instead of an intern... If she was interested in that anyway.

As it was his usual practice he was trying to sneak in some work while he waited for her to get to his office. On the right wall of the office there was a library taken over by all sorts of folders and books on educational systems (both wizarding and muggle), and different trinkets that he found interesting along with news paper articles regardling important points about the three schools. His desk, looking directly at the office door and having a big window behind it, was neatly organized, everything having it's own place and nothing seeming to be out of order... and yet somehow it also seemed like only Loki himself could be certain about whatever organizational schematic it was that he was using. A small coffee machine was sitting on a coffee table on the left end of the room. All in all it wasn't the fanciest of offices, but rather a room that loki had organized in a way that would be effective and that indicated that he loved his job.

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 17 Dec 2017, 05:22 AM

Vanesa had been greeted with a surprise while she had been working the other day. It had even been a surprise from the ministry. At first, she had been concerned about what had happened involving her children - but then Vanesa remembered that they were toddlers and could not cause much trouble.

Apparently they had caused trouble, enough that the muggle daycare needed wizarding intervention. But, Vanesa could not have been prouder than when she learned her kids were, indeed, magical. Of course, the whole thing had meant she had to leave early because she didn't have a sitter.

Or, she used that as a plausible reason.

So when she had been invited to meet with her supervisor Vanesa was convinced that it was to be reprimanded. She had caused relatively little trouble in her new position; less than when she had been a student herself, for sure.

Running late had become an unfortunate habit of hers since the twins entered her life. Vanesa was so used to being early that she was still disappointed that she entered Laufeyson's office on the minute.

"Hello Mr. Laufeyson. What...is going on today? Is there some sort of agenda, because I didn't get one?"

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 17 Dec 2017, 02:47 PM

When Vanessa entered his office he was just closing a file and he looked up at the young woman and offered her a smile as a greeting. Right on time. No agenda miss Morado. Well... There's always an agenda in or job really but today it's not about that, not really. Come take a seat. he said towards her motioning towards one of the chairs that occupied the end of his desk that was on her side.

in all honesty I wanted to listen to your impressions of the job and any input you might have about the department. After all I can't be everywhere all the time and I always value the opinions of my colleagues. he said towards her after waiting for a bit to give her the chance to take a seat.

He had heard about the kids after the ministry intervention but frankly he didn't think that this would change one's incentive to care for the system. Probably Odin's doing that one though he wouldn't admit it to himself. And he never truly got the part of congratulating someone for having magical children. It was mere genetics. Magical kids came from non magical and magical patents alike and the reverse stood true as well. However it was something that people valued to be congratulated on so he added Also I'd like to congratulate you. I've heard your news and I think it's marvelous really. After all one could argue that he was proud to be both a wizard and a half veela and both of those things were simple genetics. In all honesty that pride he took in those things was the main reason that made him second guess his own opinion about offering the congratulations in the first place and abide to the social norm.

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 06:35 AM

She forcced a laugh at his joke (or, she assumed that he meant it as one), taking the offer to settle into a seat. All of these office meetings still made her feel very much like a student - and she supposed it was still somewhat the case. Vanesa was very aware that she was still training, and people seemed to have no problem reminding her (sometimes, it was a welcome reminder).

"My opinions?"

Many of the problems Vanesa had with the position were matters the man in front of her could do little about. Like, the fact that she had only recently graduted, and she had to try to give lessons to former classmates.

"The department is...fine. It definitely keeps me busy?" Her reply was spoken as a question, and Vanesa hoped this would keep it from coming off as too sharp. She knew she had to keep the job so she wasn't going to be as carefree with her words. Especially not in front of her supervisor.

"I mean, it isn't perfect, but I'm still new - sort of - and I am still trying to figure a lot out."

And that applied outside of the job too. Her brow twitched up when he acknowledged the recent news. That had been almost a reflex, at this point, because Vanesa was more than used to comments on her family life.

'Yes, it is. Thank you. It's good to know that they're" she bit back 'normal,' "healthy."

And with two squibs in her family she was more than pleased one of her children had not been the third.

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 04:45 PM

Loki had worked in the ministry long enough, and had faked enough laughs, to be able to recognize that way Vanessa responded to his comment on agendas wasn't exactly genuine. Not that he minded really. It was better to sometimes fake a laugh instead of endulging into an awkward silence. So he smiled at her and went on.

Her perplexed reaction to what he said next made his smile far more genuine and a tiny bit teasing. Yes, your opinions. After all you're a part of the department. granted she was still training and other department heads might had not thought to ask an intern but Loki wasn't like that. Her response seemed guarded, as if she was trying to pick her words in a way that wouldn't... What? Make him mad? Probably that or something of the sorts anyway. As she went on he nodded at her is there something in particular you're having a difficulty with? he asked politely wanting her to go on. He was careful in the words he picked himself, knowing that difficultties could range onto many thigs and that often one had a hard time to speak their mind properly or mention the things they'd normally do to the person that run the department. He did give her an encouraging smile as he asked though. I promise I won't mind your reply. After all it's to the benefit of all of us for things here to run as smoothly as possible and, like I said, I can't be everywhere so any input made with interest to the department and what we do is welcome. he added.

Her response to his comment on her news was more or less what he had expected. He didn't think that he should comment further on the subject, after all they weren't here to catch up on family news, which was a topic he preferred avoiding altogether either way... Given that a person could receive so many questions or remarks before returning the favor and Loki didn't really like talking about his own family. Somewhere inside he registered her momentary hesitation but he didn't say anything about it either.

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 08:54 PM

Her arms crossed when he spoke again. She resisted raising a brow at him again, but she wasn't quite catching the humor he was trying to get across. Vanesa wasn't happy that after all of the work she had put into her schooling (and extracurricular activities), this was the best job she could land.

"I mean, most of the students don't take me very seriously but that's not something either of us can fix."

She also wanted to mention she felt the same about her colleagues but at the very least that was justified. Vanesa couldn't argue that the subject she taught was awfully ironic after the past couple years.

"Right, I get that, thanks for asking. I just don't want to sit here and complain to you."

There were plenty of people she would do that with but it didn't seem to be a wise decision with her position. If she complained too much he could always give her job to someone who would complain less (which, frankly, was a lot of people).

"I mean no disrespect and I know you're asking me to talk. I just don't want to cross any lines."

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 24 Dec 2017, 10:26 AM

As she spoke he nodded. I'm sure that it's going to come in time. Sometimes it's difficult not to get frustrated but I'm sure you'll find a way to get passed this phase. I mean most of us have, especially in the first few months or even couple of years of our careers. charm or not there had been people in his life that he had to struggle for them to take him seriously after all. His own family being the first thing that came to mind and he had quite failed in that at least for the most part. Or even worse he hadn't failed but he was taken seriously as someone that they had decided to lock up in order to deal with him. And besides even in his career charm could get you so far, he had spent many a long hours working his ass off, despite the charm itself and the stellar recommendations he had from his professors.

When she mentioned that she didn't want to sit there and complain to him, while thinking him for asking he gave her another nod. Can't say I don't get you there. he said towards her. When she mentioned that she didn't want to cross any lines he smiled. I know you don't mean any disrespect and I appreciate that you want to make sure that you don't want to cross the line... But sometimes it's a fun thing to do. Can't say I've gotten where I am today by always staying in line. he offered. Of course there was always a way and a place to do such a thing and specific ways to cross the line, or make it appear that you haven't... Often it was a very complicated thing. however I see your point and if you're uncomfortable with this conversation or you believe that more negative things will come out of it compared to the positive ones we can leave it to the side, or I could give you time to formulate a response that would be to your liking. he added

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 19 Jan 2018, 04:05 AM

"Yeah, that's what everyone keeps saying. I don't know. I guess I'll see about that."

She wasn't entirely convinced. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to advertise the sort of reputation that likely motivated how the students received her, though. He didn't seem to know and hadn't asked - so she would tread carefully to avoid bringing it up.

[b}"I thought you would. Thanks."[/b]

The woman didn't really know him very well, which was why she was picking her words carefully. It was apparently backfiring because he seemed to be encouraging her to speak up more, "Oh, don't worry, I know that."

Vanesa realized that her tone was a little harsher than it should have been. "I mean, it just, sometimes it doesn't go as planned, sir."

And she was careful again. But this conversation was going nowhere, and he seemed to acknowledge that she might be wasting his time. Vanesa knew better than that, she knew what it felt like to be on the receiving end, as well. She took a moment to collect her thoughts.

"If you want me to be really honest, Mr. Laufeyson - I really need this job, you know? It's not what I wanted to be doing, I feel like I might not go anywhere here, but no one else would hire me. It's okay, though, because I need work for the kids and everything. So, like I said, it's nothing you can really just change."

It took Vanesa another moment to realize all that she had said. "Shit." And another moment to reel from what she continued to say.

"I - I mean, sorry, I'm - please forget I said any of that. I'm grateful to have a job at all."

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 2 Feb 2018, 07:09 PM

The conversation itself didn't seem to be going anywhere and Loki couldn't say that he was thrilled with the fact, both cause he actually did care about Vansa's opinion and view and cause of how much value he put into getting his way. However he could say for certain was that he was less happy with what she did say about her work. He had encouraged her to speak up though, so he had in part brought it on himself. However, despite the fact that the logical part of him said that this was the case it didn't mean that he was happy with what she said.

His expression indicated how he felt as well. It wasn't something that usually happened, and he schooled it back to neutrality but it wasn't before it would be rather blatant that he wasn't particurlarly pleased to say the least. When she started apologizing his expression didn't indicate any sentiment. "Well... it's good to know how you feel about what we do here." he said, his voice lacking the warmth it had a few moments ago. "I am having a better grasp as to why you didn't want to share your thoughts though, so thank you for that." her request to forget what she had said was noted but Loki couldn't really say that it was something that he was capable of doing at the moment.

"You know miss Morado, I don't expect everyone to be thrilled about everything that revolves around their work and be happy with every single aspect of it, after all that's part of the reason why I ask cause I want this department to flourish and those that work here to be happy, but it does sound like you'd prefer to be anywhere else that'd pay rather than here... Doesn't draw a very flatering image of the department or of me as a boss for that matter." he added after a moment of silence.

The implied rejection that came with her words made his temper falter, but he did manage to keep things under control. He loved his job and he could be patient... He couldn't say that he knew what it was like to have kids, or to be doing whatever it took for your family. Never had kids of his own and his dad wasn't the kind of father that would do anything he could for him... Maybe he'd do as much for Thor but not for Loki himself.

He took a deep breath and focused his attention back to Vanesa, his expression completely neutral at the moment and his composition calm enough. Then a new thought started to form into his head and a slight smile crawled back to his lips. That epiphany of honesty could prove useful if there was a way for her to keep being as honest with him as she had been just then.

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 14 Feb 2018, 06:03 PM

She caught the change in his expression, and slumped into her chair. She wasn't as panicked as she should have been - the woman had a habit of not being afraid when she should be - but more disappointed than anything else. Vanesa had been working so hard to keep her mouth shut around work. Perhaps she wasn't the best employee for her department, and she probably never would be if she didn't enjoy what she was doing, but she still had to prove she was worth keeping around.

"Wait, wait, hold on. It's not about a we, these are just my thoughts on my own work." She corrected him, but immediately regretted saying it as she did.

"...I was hesitant for a reason."

Vanesa of all people could handle cold. In fact, maybe she'd revealed some true colors from her employer. That was eaesier to work with, really. This was probably the first time she did not go out of her way to get to know her superiors. Vanesa didn't know whether it was because she had grown complacent or because she had given up on trying to social climb.

"No, not anywhere else that would pay. This just..is not the ideal, but it's not like I can always get what I want." An unfortunate fact she was still trying to come to terms with. "Really, there is nothing wrong with you, the department as a whole isn't that bad, I just - I'm sorry. Like I said, forget I said anything, I am very grateful to have work right now."

And if this didn't work she wasn't sure which card to play with the man.

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 5 Apr 2018, 08:20 PM

Nobody really liked not getting their way, but oftentimes the results of such a thing were amplified in Loki's case. It was part of who he was really, part of his ego and of the insecurities he had though he never truly admitted the latter not even to himself most of the time. He refused to acknowledge them and more often than not he managed as much. But this wasn't about who Loki was in general, this was about the department and the fact that Vanessa felt the way she did in it.

While she spoke Loki remained silent. It was true that they didn't truly know each other well. It had been part of the reason he had desired to talk with her. After all she was part of his department no matter how she felt about it and about her role in it. When she was done he took a deep breath trying to force a calm response on himself, and once he spoke once more he was in full control of himself, the charming face of his back on. That was who he was, more than anything else. Charming and manipulative.

Very well miss Morado. I can't be angry with you for how you feel about your role in the department. I'm happy with the kind of work that you've been turning in this far. However I'm not going to forget what you said. Not cause I'm planning to use it against you but because it is an issue that needs addressing for the good of the department if anything goes else. Even from a completely selfish point of view the employees of the department should be happy, simply because if they are they work better. I mean if this was something you were happy or happier with you'd feel more motivated, wouldn't I be correct in making such an assumption? And I am sure that there can be a way in which we can manage such a result. We're both smart people after all.he said towards her. So tell me, what do you think would change the way you feel? he added.

When it came to work Loki had an odd sense of loyalty that he had failed to have on other aspects of his life. It wasn't his fault of course. His family didn't exactly deserve his loyalty, not for the most part. But his department and his employees did and so so did Vanessa.

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 1 May 2018, 01:25 PM

His verbal reassurance wasn't enough for Vanesa to relax. She knew better than that, she'd played this game before, it was just learning how to be on the other side of it.

"Listen, Mr. Laufeyson, the fact that I need this job has me more motivated than anything else. You don't need to worry about that."

Okay so it was wishful thinking asking for him to just forget - Vanesa didn't mean it literally, of course. And she couldn't help but take the 'not to use it against you' bit as a thinly veiled threat. If it wasn't how the man had intended it, then that was fine, but she felt better being prepared.

"There is nothing you need to do. I can handle it, I promise, there is no issue - I know earning respect from the students is going to take time."

It didn't do any use to talk about problems her superior couldn't solve, so Vanesa was going to have to approach it from another angle.

"Is there anything I can do to prove I am a valuable employee? I can take on extra hours, odds and ends, anything you need."

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 6 May 2018, 04:52 PM

Her reply to his reassurance made him feel rather amused. The factor of being so outright about needing the job wasn't something as well played as he would had done it, but he did think that he had opposite to him someone that knew a thing or two about playing people. Of course her prior outburst gave him a better footing than hers, but some very interesting elements were there. Of course that did bring the question of whether or not it'd be prudent to keep around someone that, given enough time and resources, could become him in the matter of wording and understanding other people and what they wanted to hear. Of course she'd never have the natural charm that came with him having veela blood running through his veins, but still... His natural curiocity was stronger at this point. He still had time. In which time, however, he would need to come up with a containment plan.

He'd had applauded her if he knew that she had selected to take his next words as a thinly vailed threat. That would probably be how he'd had taken it too. After all the more he talked with her the more he considered that Vanessa herself could be a thinly vailed threat. Of course he didn't think she'd be able to outwit him any time soon, if ever, but he also wanted to be prepared in the case that something of the sorts did happen. It was always for the best to be prepared for the worst after all.

He smiled bemused at her next words. nothing you need to do. not nothing you can do. That was a smart choice of word right there. He didn't appreciate as much the fact that she was so blatant about gaining the respect of the students being difficult. Of course he was an entitled man, so...

The final thing she said made him genuinly smile however. "Anything? Now that's a big promise there miss Morado. I like person that's willing to do anything though." especially if that was to do anything for him. Of course her offer probably wasn't meant exactly like that but that was some trivial detail. "Tell you what. I want you to try a different approach with the students. See what you can do about gaining their respect. And I'd need you to be more part of the team. There are many people in each department and many departments in the ministry and we can't hope to do the best we can if we can't function as a strong team." he said towards her. "I won't tell you how to do it, though I''m gonna offer advice if you've got ideas. Sound good?"

vanesa morado

PM
^
vanesa morado
 Posted: 16 May 2018, 08:02 PM

Vanesa had one last card to fall back on that had gotten her far before. She knew it was the same one that got her where she was - single mother in a job she didn't care for - but if she had to, she would use it. So it was a waiting game; apparently Laufeyson didn't know about her reputation and she had done a decent job of keeping quiet(er) about it at work.

The tension released the moment he gave a reply, and went on to explain what he expected.

"Sure, yes, a diffferent approach, team-building activities, whatever you need, send me an Owl and I will be there."

Of course some of that depended on finding a last-minute sitter bbut Vanesa was alright with that.

"Advice? Oh, yeah - I mean, yes, please. I would be happy to hear what advice you have to offer."

loki laufeyson
PM
^
loki laufeyson
 Posted: 16 May 2018, 10:53 PM

He smirked at her reaction to what he told her. That was better. If course it wasn't to say that he wouldn't need to keep an eye on her see how things progressed, but it did seem to have the intention, or claim as much, to do as he adviced. That was progress and perhaps the first step of they had made during their conversation. Could had been better but given the turn of events could had been worse too. Excellent he replied to her.

When she mentioned that she'd love to get advice he smiled to himself. Admittion of needing it or flattery? He wondered. Both got people places though so he'd give it a point either way and make it a point to find out which one it was. Glad to hear it. Any particular field? after all he wasn't just to give her all his knowledge. Replying to the correct kinds of questions would make things more fun. And if she really wanted to learn she'd be motivated to find more correct questions to ask which would require her to work on different things in order to gain access to them.

vanesa morado

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.