admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Fly High, Polly/Rad
anna d'ancanto
 Posted: 2 May 2018, 09:39 PM

N/A

Tough; I ain't never been nothin' but tough.
All my edges have always been rough, but jesus loves me anyway.
Anna liked to be at the top of her game when it came to Quidditch, which meant she practiced more than her teammates did. She was good on a broom, which is the reason why she was a Chaser over any other position. It was the weekend, meaning she didn’t have classes and their next Quidditch practice was on a weekday, so it was a good day to get some practice in. As much as she loved hanging out with her boyfriend, he knew that when she wanted to practice or get something done to not bother her, which is why she headed out onto the Durmstrang grounds with her broom in hand to get some practice done.

Upon arriving, she had saw someone else take to the skies before she watched them completely crash. She didn’t look like someone from Durmstrang, which meant she must be from one of the other schools and just visiting. She flinched as the girl crashed, hopping onto her own broom and flying over easily to where the red-head had landed. ”Spread your hands farther apart. Don’t keep ‘em so close together - it’s bad for balance.” Her eyes moved to her own hands, spread a few centimeters apart, but not directly close together as an example, trying to help the girl. ”Is this your first time usin’ a broom?”

OUTFIT, polly esther, NOTES: Here you are! ©
PMEmail
^
polly esther
 Posted: 3 May 2018, 04:27 AM

N/A

Would somebody please cue that bird?

Polly was face down in the snow, her broom resting a few feet away. One of the generally slow moving models handed out to beginners, which seemed a little small for the fairly tall teen. The fact that she'd managed to wobble and crash this thing, at her age, seemed rather bizarre.

After a moment she rolled over with a groan, brushing snow off her face, cheeks red. "Third time. Third crash." With a grunt she managed to sit up, continuing to brush off her outfit. "The bushes at Beauxbatons and the grass at Hogwarts weren't as soft as I'd hoped, so I thought I'd give snow a try." She grinned at the stranger. "So far, so good!"

She held one hand up and out, hoping for some help getting back to her feet. "Uh, oh, I'm Polly. It's okay to be out here on the weekend, right..?"

anna d'ancanto

PM
^
anna d'ancanto
 Posted: 14 May 2018, 08:14 PM

N/A

Anna smirked briefly as she watched the red-head land face down in the snow, immediately pursing her lips together and turning her head away to keep from laughing. It was rude, she knew it was, but the sight was just kind of amusing to the American. Instead, she carefully landed from off of her broom, walking over to pick up the other girl’s broom, dusting it off and turning back to the girl in the snow. It was small. The girl needed something bigger to fit her tall stature; that might be another problem.

”They normally say third time’s the charm, but in this case, ah guess not,” She joked, grinning in a way that was to hopefully show the girl she was joking around. She did laugh lightly when she said the bushes and grass weren’t quite as soft, tilting her head left and right. ”Snow is much softer, ah guarantee ya.” She switched to have both brooms in one arm, her other hand reaching out to take the girl’s and gently pull her back up to her feet, pulling back and smiling as she introduced herself. ”Anna, but most people normally call me Rogue.” She liked the nickname, really. It made her sound mysterious.

”Yeah, it’s okay. Weekends are free days, you’re pretty much left to your own devices.” Her Southern accent was thick, dripping as she spoke in a clear sign that she was American. She handed the girl her own broom, grinning as she did so before she spoke again. ”New to this whole broom thing, ain’t ya? What made ya decide to get started?”

OUTFIT, polly esther, NOTES: <3 ©
PMEmail
^
polly esther
 Posted: 24 May 2018, 08:09 AM

N/A

Would somebody please cue that bird?

Polly gripped the other girl's hand tightly as she was pulled up, able to get her feet under her to assist soon enough. "Thanks!" She continued to smile, turning it into a brief, impromptu handshake. "Polly. Wait, can you just pick your own nickname here? Oh, is that like, your wizard name? Like a super-hero codename? Or a stage name?" Her face lit up at the idea.

After a moment she released her grip to accept her undersized broom back, not wanting to leave Anna holding it. "I guess you're not from around here, right?" She gestured to all the snow around her. "I'm kinda surprised they didn't give you, uh, a less cool nickname, honestly. Where are you from?" There was a short pause before she caught herself. "...oh! And I'm from LA." She smiled!

"And, uh, well, I guess I've gotta learn sometime, right? I don't think I'll be on the...team...anytime soon." She was never really confident she'd get that Q-word right, so she just skipped it rather than be corrected. Again. "But, I mean, flying seems cool! Just not a fan of the whole....crashing part."

Now, what sort of cool wizard stage name could she use? Something like Blayze or Flashheart or Heartbreaker or VVand or

anna d'ancanto

PM
^
anna d'ancanto
 Posted: 24 May 2018, 10:35 PM

N/A

Anna pulled the girl up with ease, smiling once she was successfully up on her feet. ”You’re welcome.” The brief handshake was gladly returned, her face turning into one of amusement at the girl’s question on her nickname. She laughed, but it was warm-hearted instead of one to make fun of the girl, because she wasn’t. She was clearly new to the wizarding world. ”Unfortunately, it ain’t nothin’ that cool,” She started, hating to ruin the way the girl’s face lit up, but it really wasn’t for any reason that was cool. ”It’s just a nickname some fellow students gave me when ah was younger. An attempt to be rude, but ah just blew the rudeness off and took it as a nickname. Ah got it because ah had a habit of sneakin’ out a lot and was kinda a wild child, and now ah just think it sounds cool. A lotta people still use it, normally the ones that don’t know me as well.” She grinned, explaining the nickname to the girl. ”It’d be a super cool superhero name, though.” She winked playfully, finally pulling away from the handshake.

The girl took back her broom, and Anna dropped her free hand by her side, other hand still holding onto her broom. Her head shook when she mentioned about Anna not being from around here. ”Ah’m from America, actually, but ah do go to this school. How ah got here is… a difficult story.” Having to explain to people that she ran away from home wasn’t an easy thing to talk about, and the responses normally varied. Not that she was worried about being found out - it’s been years, and since her Aunt hadn’t came grab her yet, she must’ve either not noticed or didn’t care enough. Anna was fine with both. ”They thought the nickname would hurt me, but it’s done the opposite.” LA, so another American. Neat. ”LA? Cool. Never been there. Ah’m from Tupelo, in Mississippi.” Much more country than LA was, and a super small town, so she highly doubted Polly would know the place.

”Ya mean Quidditch?” She grinned. ”Ah’m actually on the team. A beater. It’s quite fun, once ya get the hang of it. Same thing goes to flyin’.” She reached up to adjust the ball cap on her head, grinning at Polly the entire time they talked. ”Crashin’ is part of learnin’, ah’m afraid,” She laughed out. ”But once ya get to used it, it gets better. Ah had a hard time learnin’, too, and now it’s as easy as ridin’ a horse.” She didn’t know if Polly has even rode a horse before, so that comparison might not have been wise. Oh well.

OUTFIT, polly esther, NOTES: Poor Polly. ©
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.