you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Red Head Revelio, Arya, Jean
polly esther
 Posted: 1 May 2018, 04:33 AM

N/A

Would somebody please cue that bird?

Polly had mostly recovered by the time the other two began listing alternate methods of travel for summer vacation. She just nodded at first, trying to absorb the information, but the best she could do was pick out the three key phrases and attempt to remember them for later. "I uh...y-yeah, floo powder, apparating and port-keys. Right." She smiled and continued to nod, trying to hide her confusion.

Her composure only lasted a few moments, until Arya mentioned her hometown again. Polly immediately sputtered into giggles, setting her drink down to keep from spilling anything, her other hand covering her mouth again. "Ex...ahem...excuse me. It uh...it sounds lovely." She swallowed, trying to control herself. "Maybe I'll, ah, get to visit someday."

She let out a breath, managing to move on with only a slight blush remaining. "Y-yeah, I've got so much other reading to do, I don't think I'll wanna stare at a newspaper, too. But maybe if I get really bored..." The other bit made her furrow her brow, frowning. "...from what I've seen around here, that whole technomagic thing doesn't sound like a good idea."

Polly had heard that classes were offered on the subject, but it wasn't the most popular, she could tell. Even if there was a possibility she might have some talent or at least better understanding of it, was it worth singling herself out even further?

jean grey arya tritan

PM
^
jean grey
 Posted: 13 May 2018, 05:23 AM

N/A

you've got these little things that you've been running from, you either love it or guess you don't
Jean listened to the exchange between Arya and Polly, and she nodded when Arya mentioned phones not working within the castles. That had certainly been one of the hardest things to get used to. Her non-magical siblings didn’t have to worry about going for long stretches without their phones except for when they lost signal. Jean adored her books and had developed a love for the Daily Prophet, but she couldn’t help missing her phone, and she tried to forget about it most of the time. “I’d love to see technomagic get the phones working here, one of these days,” she said when Arya mentioned the field.

She blinked and looked from Polly to Arya when the former giggled at the mention of the latter’s hometown. Jean wasn’t sure what to make of it; she supposed it could just be the fellow American not being used to the new names, but she couldn’t be certain.

At Polly’s mention of reading, Jean perked up again. “How are your classes? Are there any you’re really liking this term, either of you?”

tagged: polly esther arya tritan notes. Sorry for the delay! D:
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 14 May 2018, 10:57 PM

N/A

You're not getting cold fins now, are you?
Arya nodded. "Yeah. A Port Key or Floo would probably be best if you're trying to go between France and L.A. Trying to go across an ocean by apparating isn't a good idea." She had been starting to read up on apparating and disapparating. The tests for that would be coming out soon, and she wanted to learn. It'd make her travels (the ones she had dreamed up anyways) much easier if she could.

She didn't understand the giggling. "What's so funny?" she asked with a confused smile. "It is pretty lovely, and it's not too too far from the coast." Far enough to warrant a day trip, but she and her sisters hadn't had many of those in a good long while. She knew she'd have a whole slew of messages from them once her phone stopped acting up.

More confusion. "Why do you think the technomagic would be bad?" It only seemed weird at the moment because it was a rather new form of magic. But it was about time the wizarding world caught up to the Muggle. In many, many things. But that could also just be her and her issues with her family talking.

At the mention of classes, Arya rolled her eyes. It was a gut reaction to classes. Not because she hated them all, no. She rather enjoyed Transfiguration and Charms. But..."The one thing I hate about the shift to the integrated system is I'm stuck in Potions." Arya said the name like it was a swear word. God, why did the change to unify the school curriculum mean she never got to escape potions?? Her sisters didn't have to do it all seven years, they got a choice. And...granted most of them had opted for it anyways. But nooo, she would be placing bets against herself and her mishaps in that class until she graduated.

CODED BY ELECTRIC OF SHINE

~*~*~
Tagged: polly esther & jean grey
Notes: Bean hates potions.
Outfit: -still need to talk to people at shoplook about uploads-
PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 20 May 2018, 04:52 AM

N/A

Polly looked between the two as they spoke about the phones, and technomagic in general. "I just, like, want my regular phone back. I guess I'm not really ready to just shove magic stuff into every moment of my life." Although she didn't have much chance of avoiding that right now.

"My classes? I'm uh...not really doing good at any of them, yet." She was still figuring out the basics. Every day something new and crazy happened. At least she'd managed to stop gasping dramatically each time a spell was cast in front of her. Those first few days had been rough.

"Potions seems fine? I mean, it's kinda just chemistry. Or cooking? Just with really weird ingredients." Polly looked to Jean for some backup on that one, not sure if Arya would've ever seen a traditional chemistry lab. "Not that I was great at science stuff either, but..." She shrugged.

"So, uh...once they've made sure you're not gonna turn someone into a frog on accident...is there, like, magic college, with a degree in wizarding? Do you get a job in a magical office doing magical data entry? Or is it like a philosophy degree, and all you can do is teach?"

jean grey arya tritan

PM
^
jean grey
 Posted: 27 May 2018, 03:58 PM

N/A

you've got these little things that you've been running from, you either love it or guess you don't
Jean nodded. She’d found it difficult to adjust to how pervasive the magical world could be when she’d first gone away to school, as well—with a Muggle father and a Squib mother, she hadn’t been exactly accustomed to seeing magic used around the house, except when she’d visited her grandmother. Grandma Sophie’s house had always seemed like a departure to another world, back then. Now, she was so used to being surrounded by magic that returning to her parents’ felt strange. “I don’t blame you. It’s hard to adjust to, at first. But after you’ve been around a while, you’ll miss it when you go home.”

Classes. The one topic on which everyone could relate. She gave Arya a sympathetic smile. “Agreed completely. It must’ve been so nice getting to drop courses after O.W.L.-level. Potions can be… a pain in the ass, honestly.” It certainly wasn’t Jean’s favorite topic. It wasn’t that she did badly in it, but there were so many other classes she liked better that it was a bit of a hassle after so many years of taking it. She looked to Polly. “Yeah, it’s kind of like if you crossed chemistry with cooking, I think. More like chemistry when it comes to the ‘if you do this step wrong, you could singe off your eyebrows or blow up your cauldron’ part.”

Jean considered the questions about after school. “There are a lot of paths you can take—way more choices than just teaching.” She didn’t know which of the multitude of paths to describe without knowing more about Polly’s interests. “If you were going to pick a Muggle career, what would it be?”

tagged: polly esther arya tritan notes.

PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 7 Jun 2018, 05:14 PM

N/A

Arya shrugged. "Fair." It wasn't something she could really relate to. She had been surrounded by magic quite literally since birth. Magic being a part of everything was as natural as breathing to her. And it wouldn't be anything she could ever escape either. Nothing could change that she was a Metamorphmagus. At least it made hiding from her sister easier, when she could keep a transformation from reverting.

"Well, if you want help with any of them, just give me a shout. Except potions. I will help with anything but potions." That class could rot in a hole and good lord she wished she didn't have to take it anymore. Ugh.

She raised an eyebrow. Chemistry? "I have no bloody idea what that is." She gathered it was a muggle subject of some form...but that's all she knew. And they were comparing potions to cooking. A lot of people liked comparing it to cooking. "Yes, but I can cook rather well. I can't brew a decent potion to save my life." There was a rather large difference between the two in that respect. So potions was definitely not like cooking.

Arya nodded. "Yeah, there's the Ministry, which depending on what you want to do could be basically anything. There's the aurors-so basically wizarding police, the Magical Beasts and Beings division, politics in general." Oh god she was rambling about the Ministry. It wasn't intentional, she just knew a lot about it because that was where her father was almost all of the time. "And there's stuff outside of that too. The shopping areas always have something going." There, less rambly. Not as interesting though.

But Jean kept her from further rambling by asking her own question. Because while Arya could list off a multitude of jobs from the ministry, and a brief understanding of the shopping areas, what she wanted to do wasn't really magical. "I'd teach people to sing. Or get famous singing. Something with music." It was like her mum did. Had done, before everything.

~*~*~
Notes: i got nothing atm
Outfit: -talking with shoplook to get arya's stuff uploaded now-
PM
^
polly esther
 Posted: 8 Jun 2018, 09:03 AM

N/A

"Going home is gonna be weird for a ton of reasons." Polly nodded. It was nice to know that Jean had some experience with what she was dealing with. Or was going to be dealing with. Arya seemed nice enough as well. Which was refreshing from someone with her background. "I might have some questions for you...if I bump into you again." Would lunch here be a common thing for the Hogwarts student?

"...police and politics and paperwork? Wow, that sounds...just...horrible." She made quite the face at that idea. Shops, though...she wondered what the magical equivalent of getting a job at the local mall over the summer was. Did they have rushes on yearly wand or broom upgrades, instead of phones and tablets?

"A regular job? Well..." She hesitated, before lighting up as Arya piped in with her own idea. "Yes! I was trying to get a band started, and we were setting up our Twitter and SoundCloud and..." Polly realized she was getting a blank look from at least one of them.

"But yeah, singing, or dancing...or, I don't know, acting?" Was it just radio stuff, really? She still seemed excited by the idea, before realizing the people seated near them were standing up, carrying off their cups and plates. Polly hurried to polish off the rest of her food, since lunchtime was almost over...

jean grey arya tritan

PM
^
jean grey
 Posted: 11 Jun 2018, 01:10 AM

N/A

“I’m sure, but you’ll have a lot of cool stories to tell when you do.” Jean’s parents had absolutely loved hearing about everything she’d done at school when she’d gone to stay with them for a while after her first year at Beauxbatons, and she hoped Polly would have the same experience. “I’d love to hang out with both of you sometime. We could do something a little more fun than school food, too.”

“Chemistry is… hard to explain. I’ll borrow a book on it from my parents when I go home, if you want to look at it. It’s science, but there’s a lot of math involved to get it right.” Jean preferred biology, but she still found chemistry interesting.

“Ooh, yeah, I’ve always thought the Ministry would be a cool way to go. I admire the Aurors quite a bit. The paperwork part not so much, but…” She smiled as Arya said she wanted to do something with music. “That would be amazing! Singing or teaching it, either would be so much fun. What type of music do you like?” She’d seen Arya in music club, but it was hard to tell which types everyone preferred when they examined so many different options. “Both of you?” she added. “Being in a band sounds so exciting.” Jean took a few more bites of food, wondering whether she was good enough at music to consider something like that.

tagged: polly esther arya tritan notes.
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 11 Jun 2018, 03:25 AM

N/A

Arya's mood faltered a little bit at the idea of going home. It wasn't like her father had said don't come home. She had been the one to cut ties, to leave and not look back (at least not too much). But going home that summer...would either not happen or potentially be weirder than Polly going home.

Arya nodded at Polly's response to her offer. "Shouldn't be too hard. Most of the club stuff I'm in is here, so I end up eating lunch here. Or I'm coming from a class at Durmstrang." She had classes at Hogwarts as well, of course, it was required, but she got those over and done with as fast as possible so she could jump the portals to whatever school had her next class. "Could hang out at the lake at Hogwarts." When she wasn't trying to avoid the castle, that was where Arya typically ended up to do homework.

She raised her eyebrow a little higher at the mention of science. She did know what that was. Vaguely. It sounded about as enjoyable as potions, in her mind. But she wasn't terrible with figures. "I may have to take you up on that, if it can save my potions skills in any way shape or form." Okay, so she was a little desperate, sue her.

Arya smiled. "Yeah, it does a little bit...but my father never seemed to complain too much about it." That was one of his saving graces: work had always been separate from home. But then he too became separate from home. And the complaints were more at her. She realized how that must have sounded with no context, so she elaborated slightly. "My dad works at the Department for the Improper Use of Magic." There better. Also less intimidating that saying he was the head of said department.

But there were better things to discuss than her father. Like music. Oh, Arya could go on and on about singing and music. "Basically any music." She didn't really mind what it was, she'd sing it. Actually, well, "Not screamo though. Just...no." She perked up a bit when Polly mentioned a band, but was quickly lost again at "SoundCloud" and "Twitter." "A band still sounds pretty epic!"

Arya then realized something. "What about you, Jean? What if you picked a muggle job?"

~*~*~
Notes: there's a want ad up for King Triton if either of you are interested ^-^
Outfit: -being uploaded to shoplook sometime this week-
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.