admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

The Ghosts of My Past, Tag: Rayne
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 07:10 AM

N/A

After so many years now, Corvo was returning to Hogwarts. He had graduated from the ancient school six years prior and had yet to return since. While still a proud Slytherin, Corvo had just been too busy with life in general to even think about visiting his old home. Even though it had been several years since Jessamine’s death, the image of her broken body sprawled on the floor still haunted him to this day. A rather odd request had gone through the department of magical law enforcement recently, and Corvo had been sent to his old school to follow up with such request. The current professor for defence against the dark arts had asked the Ministry if one of their aurors could come to speak to her in order to help the students understand the importance of the subject they were studying.

Defence against the dark arts was not supposed to be a fun class. Corvo had to admit that when he had been a student at Hogwarts he had thought it was. However, upon using such defensive magic against hostile enemies in a practical environment, Corco’s mind changed quite quickly. While he was still unsure about why they decided to send him was beyond Corvo’s comprehension, but who was he to question his orders?

Apparating outside the wards of Hogwarts, Corvo dusted off his coat before peering towards the huge, gothic castle. The sunlight glinted in his hazel eyes as Corvo stood, taking in the sight of his old home for a moment before beginning the trek up the hill and into the grounds itself. Fond memories of the old building flooded into Corvo’s mind as he walked the halls. Naturally, the head of the school had been informed of his arrival. Since Corvo was an alumni of the school, he was free to walk to the halls as long as prior notice had been given. Corvo presumed that the defence against the dark arts teacher would occupy the same office as they had done for centuries, so the young auror knew exactly where he was to go.

Pausing for a moment in front of the closed door, Corvo took in a deep breath. No longer could he reminisce in his childhood memories – he was for here for work. Corvo raised his right hand to give three gentle knocks on the wooden door before clearing his throat and waiting for a response.

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 12:34 AM

N/A

A Ghost of the Present and one for the future....
It was near the end of the school year, very few classes before exams started. It was getting to that time where Summer was nearly knocking at their doors and many students were chatting about their summer plans. Professors were excitedly talking about their own plans and it seemed like everyone was more interested in planning for summer rather then finals. Rayne however had no real plans for her own summers. She was staying in London, having no real money to return home to America anyways, and it wasn’t really home anyways. Was Rayne glad that her students were leaving? No, She would miss all those who she would not see again.

Rayne was leaning back against her desk, staring at test results as she hummed softly to herself. Her professor robe hung over the back of her chair, making her look almost teenager in her grey low back tank top and short jean shorts. She looked out of place with her bare feet swaying herself as she moved around the classroom. All the windows of her office were thrown open, a soft breeze fluttering through the office. Her office was nothing too impressive; a good sized space that fit four bookshelves, a descent sized desk and two chairs. She was almost wandering around her office as she swayed, humming softly as she made her way around, not exactly bumping into anything.

She raised a brow as three gentle knocks could be heard on the door of her office. Her voice was firm and calm as she spoke,”Come in.” Honestly, Rayne was unsure who to expect. Mani Phanthittra had her session for the day and Rayne was not expecting company. Few professors seemed to like her, which Rayne did not mind. She was not there to make friends, she was there to teach. Her eyes raised as the door opened, Rayne stopping her movement completely. It probably would have been strange to suddenly come face to face with teenager looking woman who was swaying around with a stack of papers in her arm.

”May I help you?” She moved slowly to place the stack of papers down on the desk. Her voice was sharp and firm as she watched the man as he stood in the doorway of her classroom.

### words • muse • notes: Don't mind Rayne, she's weird.

Corvo Attano
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 10:59 PM

N/A

Running a hand through his long dark brown hair, Corvo waited for himself to be invited in. At the sound of a soft, feminine voice, Corvo turned the handle and pushed the door open, stepping into the room before closing the door behind him. Hazel eyes flicked around the room for a moment, checking any corners or potential threats before focusing on the woman who stood near the desk He had to stop himself from raising a brow at the woman who answered, appearing to be more student than staff member. Then again, it was the summer holidays.

”Yes, you may. I am here on official Ministry business,” Corvo began, reaching into his coat and pulled out the rolled parchment that was the original letter. In a single, almost effortless movement, Corvo crossed the room and brandished the letter, passing it to the woman. Rayne Soquili. Corvo already knew her name and the details of the letter, but he thought it best to remind her first.

”I have come to discuss the contents of this letter and what it may encompass,” he said, face remaining calm and focused on the task at hand. Why couldn’t they send one of the trainee aurors to do this instead?

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 12:58 AM

N/A

Rayne knew she looked quite young. Many had mistaken her for a student, often being quite embarrassed when Rayne spoke about being the professor. She had been working as an apprentice professor since she had gotten out of school, so perhaps it was understandable, but did she really look that young? She pushed back a strand of hair as she set the stack of papers gently on her fairly neat desk. Since the start of her semester, Rayne's desk had been a complete mess, which was the exact opposite of the usual neat and tidy desk she had. She had been finishing up her marking for her students, going mostly out of order, which explained the mess, but Rayne knew she had to finish all of it before the school closed for summer holiday.

Rayne admit the man was handsome. Tall and young, most likely around her age, but he gave that feeling of coldness that Rayne knew all too well herself. She could feel those walls that surrounded her heart begin to knit closer together. She was wary of strangers, taking much time to actually gain her trust. Not that this man seemed at all interested in gaining her trust. He was here on business, as he had stated. She could not help but as her head tilted at him slightly, eyebrow raising slightly as he stepped towards her, handing her the parchment. Rayne took the letter, a small smirk on her face as she unrolled the parchment, noting her usual script. She was honestly surprised the ministry had allowed for such a thing. Headmistress Raskoph had suggested the idea to her and while Rayne doubt the ministry would ever consider it, she had decided to give it a try. She hadn't received any reply, although for them to have send an auror was reply enough, Rayne had supposed.

"I admit I was not expecting this... I received no such warning or reply that the ministry had even considered my letter. Her dark eye watched him, head tilting to the side as she studied him,"I am Rayne, as you may know, although I am not aware of your name..." She raised a brow as she waited for the man to introduce himself, if he chose to do so. Whether he did or not was his choice, however Rayne did prefer to know who she was working with.

"Now, in regards to the letter, I was wondering if you could speak to my class about Defence Against the Dark Arts on the last day of school. Many of my students would excel greatly and perhaps learn a thing or two about the class that I can not teach them. " Rayne's tone was soft yet she spoke with a determination in her tone. Her students were much like her own children and she only hoped they would understand the dangers of fighting against the dark arts, but she could only teach them so much,"If you're still interested, that is..."

### words • muse • notes: She's so formal...

Corvo Attano
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Corvo Attano
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 02:14 AM

N/A

It came to a surprise that Rayne had not heard of his arrival. Corvo knew the head of school had been informed, but one would think the professor in question would be informed also. ”Then I must apologise on behalf of the Ministry,” Corvo said, offering the young professor a half smile. Naturally he knew who she was, although it seemed almost instinctual that Rayne introduce herself. ”Of course – my name is Corvo,” the young man replied, inclining his head slightly as he spoke. Corvo was rather fond of his name, it was not common among wizards and muggles alike. His parents had always been rather out there and wanted their son to be unique. When Corvo had turned 11 however, they got more than they asked for.

Corvo nodded as Rayne explained herself. While the letter had been well thought out, Corvo had only really skimmed over it. It did not outline the specifics of it all. At times, Corvo wondered why on earth the Ministry chose him to come in the first place. Perhaps it was because Corvo was one of the younger aurors and had graduated from Hogwarts only half a dozen years prior. ”I see,” Corvo began, face remain calm and collected as he thought. He had not come all this way to deny her offer, but more to gain a deeper understanding of what such a venture would entail. He leaned on the desk slightly, hazel eyes searching the room again before turning back to the young professor.

”Would I be talking about my personal experiences as an auror and how it ties into the subject?” he enquired, although Corvo was fairly certain that the answer would be yes. Corvo had never been one for public speaking, but these were children and quite impressionable at such a young age. As one of the younger aurors, Corvo did not have much of a say in what missions and tasks he was sent on. While this was not what Corvo was used to doing, he supposed it came with the job. Besides, someone had to do it, and if it recruited young aurors after graduation then Corvo would have done a fine job. Corvo was often underestimated among the older aurors and those who had been hunting dark wizards for decades, he needed to prove himself one way or another.

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
rayne soquili
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 12:29 PM

N/A

Rayne knew Headmistress Raskoph would have been completely aware of the ministry’s actions, but had either not bothered to tell Rayne or wished to keep it a surprise. Despite having studied under the former Defence Against the Dark Arts professor for 5 years, Rayne still did not exactly know who she was. She was a mystery, one Rayne had a deep respect for… She knew of the old Headmasters disappearance and much that surround the incident was clouded in blame on Ms. Raskoph. Rayne did not know whether she was to blame or not, but Rayne never jumped to conclusions, so it was innocent until proven guilty, least in Rayne’s mind…

She almost snorted as the man apologized to her. Now that was a new one. Rayne merely waved him off,”No need for an apology…” She was surprised by the half smile, raising a brow as her dark eyes watched him closely. her own lips quirked into a half smile, before she inclined her own head towards the man as he introduced himself as Corvo.

Rayne always knew her name tended to be a mouthful, particularly her last name, which many people tended to mess up completely.. She knew her letter hadn’t given many specifics and honestly, Rayne hadn’t thought about it. She could see the man’s face barely change as he seemed to think about her proposal. Her head tilted as she studied him, her eyes never leaving his form as she steadied the papers on her desk. She allowed him to mull it over for a bit, filing away bits and pieces of paperwork from her desk to allow her some space.

She looked up as he spoke a question. She knew that it would probably come up eventually and honestly, she was surprised it had not come up sooner. Rayne’s head tilted slightly as she stopped what she was doing, watching him ”If you wish to…” She shrugged slightly as she watched him,”I myself, teach by using my own experiences, despite the strangeness of it. I want my students to know about the dangers of what lies beyond the protection of the school, to give them the best chance to succeed at life.”

She knew her tone clearly held her determination and passion for her class, but perhaps it would get her point across. ”I myself have not spend much time in the wizarding world, hence the reason for the letter…” She was not afraid to admit she felt at a disadvantage when it came to her own teachings. She often felt she failed as a professor, but she tried her hardest and it was all she could do. The rest was up to the students and for them to take as they would away from this class.

### words • muse • notes: So formal…

Corvo Attano
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay
Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- OHaV HOS The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.