Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Kiss With a Fist, Tag: Punz, and Ed
brayden maddox
 Posted: 4 Nov 2017, 07:41 PM

N/A

Are you satisfied with your care?
Today had been rather slow. Which was a good thing, a very good thing. It was worlds better than when it was busy. Slow days meant he could actually make a dent in the small stack of paper airplane memos that almost always frequented his desk, visit with patients instead of just popping by for a few minutes to check on them before he had to rush off to the next. Even his office was cleaned up-okay that was a bit of a stretch. He could see the surface of the desk again, and that was something.

Brayden scrawled his signature on the last set of papers and tapped his wand against the sheet. The paper folded itself into an airplane and went whizzing off to it's recipient. With a contented sigh he leaned back in his chair and looked up at the clock. It was just about time for a lunch break. And possibly more coffee...maybe...he didn't know yet. What he did know is his intern was probably also about to clock out for lunch as well.

Baymax grabbed his coat from the door handle and went out into the hall, closing the door behind him. His magical whiteboard had changed in the months since St. Mungo's had started taking interns. The little reminders were still scribbled around the edges, but now the middle showed where they were at...usually. It wasn't a perfect science, or magic for that matter. But as he watched the whiteboard erased Office from next to his name to Out to Lunch. He looked over to Rapunzel's name. Potions Room. Well that was easy enough to go to.

He set off down the hall and up the stairs to the Potions Room. Whoever had named things at St. Mungo's hadn't ever been very imaginative with names, but considering it was a hospital that was probably for the best. He knocked on the door and called through it. "Rapunzel? Did I catch you in the middle of something?"

CODED BY ELECTRIC OF SHINE

~*~*~
Tagged: rapunzel gothel, Nagito Komaeda-Ward, & edward nygma
Notes: >8D starting with punz and then working our way up to everyone?
Outfit: Ironic Tee Shirt
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 19 Nov 2017, 11:06 PM

Just do a dance and
give that smile a second chance!
It was a bit of a slow day today. Not that Rapunzel minded - slow days were easier for her to get a hang of things than busier days. She knew she’d have to get used to that eventually, but as far as training-wise, it was easier to do when the day was slow. She had been training here for a few months, and Brayden was allowing her to do more hands-on stuff. She wasn’t allowed to handle any of the bigger cases yet, or any major emergencies, but she was able to take care of the more minor Medical stuff now and some check-ups. She even would go around and make her rounds to check on the patients if Brayden was too busy or occupied to do it.

She had been in the Potions room for a couple of hours, having gone there originally to brew out a Potion they had ran out of that one of the patients needed. After giving it to the patient, she decided to come back and check the stock on what Potions they had plenty of and what one’s they were completely out of or almost out of, and since she had finished everything for today, she decided to brew all of the potions that they needed and restock them all, so that’s what she had been doing. She checked the time and noticed it was almost time for lunch, and noticed the fact she was a bit hungry, so decided to brew one last potion before she called it a day. She had agreed to meet Edward for lunch and she didn’t want to be late for that.

Humming lowly under her breath as she brewed the potion, she heard the knocking and then heard Brayden’s voice. ”No! I’m pretty much finished!” She called out, finishing up the last potion and then putting it on a shelf. ”You can come in!” She called again, cleaning up the area as she turned to look at the door, throwing up a smile. ”I was just brewing one last potion before I was gonna go out for lunch.” Turning to Baymax, she lowered the sleeves of her sweater down on her arm. ”Why?”

PMEmail
^
brayden maddox
 Posted: 20 Nov 2017, 07:11 AM

N/A

Brayden opened the door once he had been given the go-ahead. He had learned the hard way when he had started out at the hospital that it was best not to interrupt people, especially when they were up to their elbows in potions. That...that had not been good at all.

"Ohh." Brayden's gaze quickly went up to the shelves of bottles, the rows and bottles themselves all labelled with the brew they contained. And they were all full! They had been getting low on the dittany concotions, but now they were set for a good long while, so long as the world-at-large's luck held. "Thank you for double checking on those. I will have to make sure Alison knows about the restock and any ingredients that we may need more of." And put in another good word for Rapunzel. The Hogwarts intern had taken to working around St. Mungo's like a duck to water, and the healer was positive that she could get a full time job at the hospital as soon as she graduated, without hesitation.

But now was not time for more work. Now was time for lunch. "That is why I came to find you. Did you have any lunch plans?" He asked, holding the door open for her. Typically he forgot to take a lunch break until it was almost three and by that point he just waited (and kept drinking his coffee-he probbably needed to cut back on that) til he went home.

And the going to lunch thing would work better if he had actually asked properly. Which he did, as they walked down the hall. "I mean, would you like to come out to lunch with me?"

~*~*~
Tagged: rapunzel gothel, edward nygma, & Nagito Komaeda-Ward
Notes: Alison: random npc healer in charge of potions and ingredients and i'm gonna say the one you ask if you wanted to know about prescribing different things.
Outfit: Pow
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 21 Nov 2017, 10:46 PM

Just do a dance and
Rapunzel smiled after she had finished cleaning up, her eyes following Brayden’s to the stocked up shelves. She was just doing what needed to be done, really, she didn’t see anything too special about it. ”No problem! I noticed we were out when I had to fetch a potion for one of the patients. Since it was a slow day and I had nothing better to do, I figured I’d stock up on the potions we were out of.” A shrug of her shoulders, hands folding behind her back as she stared up at Brayden with a smile. A firm nod when he mentioned about Alison, before she moved to the corner of the room where she had placed some of her stuff on the table there to be out of the way of her Potion making - one of them being her phone.

”Oh! I had invited a friend to lunch with me, but you could join us if he doesn’t mind? He should be meeting us down in reception, I think.” Unless Edward was already there and waiting. She hoped he wasn’t waiting too long, that might make him annoyed. And when Edward was annoyed, he was… well… annoying. That’s the only word she had. Giving Brayden a smile in thanks, she exited the door he was holding open, shoving her phone into her long socks (Don't judge her, she didn’t have pockets), her little heels clacking against the tile floor. She still hated shoes, but walking around St. Mungos barefoot was frowned upon. So she had to, unfortunately, deal. At least they made her about three inches taller.

They were walking down the hallway when Brayden asked her about getting lunch, giving a giggle and head nod, her curly ponytail bobbing as she did so. ”Sure! A third person joining us wouldn’t do any harm.” And they were getting closer to reception, now to keep an eye out for Edward.

Outfit | brayden maddox, Nagito Komaeda-Ward and edward nygma | Notes: Annnddd enter Ed!
PMEmail
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 26 Nov 2017, 07:02 PM

Edward could not have made his presence in St Mungo’s more obvious if he’d had a levitating neon sigh over his head, flashing the words ‘I AM CHIEF OF STAFF EDWARD NYGMA’ in giant green letters… and one of these days, he just might go so far as to do that. For now though, he had thrown open both the doors into the reception area with enough force to attract a large amount of attention already. And then the expensive suit in a quite frankly eye-watering shade of green meant most of the eyes that turned towards him remained there to take in the rather eccentric sight – the gold and black cane swinging in his left hand didn’t do much to lessen the effect either. But that was exactly what Ed wanted, every pair of eyes in the vicinity glued to him, making him the centre of attention in any room he walked into.

It was a fairly recent development – though Ed had always craved such a thing, he’d been happy enough sticking to the shadows in his youth, doing everything within reason to get the people he was directly interacting with to pay attention to him, but very rarely dragging in random strangers too. Now though, people stared at him either way: better to make them gawk at his entrance than to leave them whispering about his past, thinking he couldn’t hear them. And he was really starting to relish it.

Still, after drawing so much focus towards his entrance, it quickly became a little awkward when he realised the woman he was here to meet had yet to make it to the reception. She appeared at the door only a few minutes later, but still, Ed had been keen to avoid any eye contact in the meantime, trying to look like he’d intended to be here early. He couldn’t quite help but make a comment about it though. “I should be charging you for my time you’re wasting; it is incredibly valuable after all,” he said in place of greeting as she approached him. “You realise I could have been having lunch with any number of important people instead, including the Minister himself?” He gave the girl a very pointed look at that, as though daring her to comment on the fact he’d mentioned Oswald.

It was only at that point he noticed she had been accompanied by someone else. He didn’t recognise the older man, and simply cocked an eyebrow at him as he looked over him like one might inspect a dog at a pound. Some sort of healer, clearly no-one of much importance, but he was standing a little too close to Rapunzel for Ed’s liking. It was a paranoia he hadn’t been able to shift since he was a child, but he was always slightly worried about some other, ‘better’ friend, swooping in and snatching away the few he’d managed to gather for himself. “Friend of yours?” he asked, though didn’t sound particularly interested in the answer as he immediately went on to say, “Anyway, I made us reservations so we should get going.”

PMEmail
^
brayden maddox
 Posted: 9 Jan 2018, 03:42 AM

N/A

Oh. She had already had plans. Well, it was to be expected. It wasn't like any of this had been planned. Half the time Brayden didn't even leave the hospital for lunch...and a fair few times he didn't eat lunch.

"If your friend does not mind my intrusion." Brayden said. He really didn't want to be a bother. That was always the last thing he wanted to be. And the only time he was purposefully a bother was when a patient was being impatient while he was trying to care for them. It didn't happen often, but it did happen.

"So do you know if any other students were going to apply for the internship program?" Brayden was aware of the program, and had put up the listing for more students, but all he knew for sure at the moment was that--

That was not a very good shade of green. Any other part of the conversation died in the back of his head as he took in the person in the gaudy green suit. Once he got past the color, it finally dawned on him just who had walked in.

He had been doing a very good job of forgetting what had happened, but no, Edward Nygma had to come in to St. Mungo's. Just why was the Minister's Chief of Staff here? God, Brayden wasn't actually about to lose his lunch break because he stubbed his toe, was he?

All of this-he hoped-never showed on his face. He was a doctor by trade, he was very good at presenting himself as calm, when sometimes diagnoses upset him. And while this wasn't a diagnosis, he still wasn't very pleased about seeing Nygma out and about after what he had done.

He wasn't the most polite person either. "Hello. I am Brayden Maddox, Healer in the Magical and Muggle Bugs and Diseases Ward. Also in charge of the St. Mungo's Internships." he said in his usual manner, bright smile and hand outstretched to shake.

~*~*~
Tagged: rapunzel gothel edward nygma & Nagito Komaeda-Ward
Notes: jesus Ed. Also so sorry about the delay >_<
Outfit: Hello.
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 30 Jan 2018, 09:02 PM

Just do a dance and
Rapunzel paused, thinking over on if Edward would “mind” having Brayden tag along or not. Well, this was Edward… so probably not… but Rapunzel didn't want to tell Brayden no and possibly hurt his feelings. Maybe she’d be able to get them to play nice and they can have a nice lunch with no drama or problems. Hah. ”I’m sure it’s fine!” She spoke anyway with a cheery tone, flipping her hair over her shoulders as she smiled a wide one. ”The three of us can have lunch together!” They headed towards reception, Rapunzel tilting her head at his question about the internships, but didn’t get to answer the question before the doors were thrown open, the slamming causing the blonde to jump an impressive number of feet in the air. Eyes wide, she was immediately drawn towards the green before her face went up and her posture calmed when she realized it was Edward. Always dramatic. ”Do you always have to be so dramatic?” She asked, her head tilting a bit before she skipped over towards him.

”I’m not wasting your time! You just got here a few seconds early!” She quickly spoke in defense of herself. She huffed, stopping in front of him and crossing her arms. ”I know I’m not important, but you could easily have cancelled if you weren’t interested.” She pouted, before catching the pointed look and just narrowing her eyes at him. She understood the look. Her lips were sealed, and they were going to stay that way. She turned around to face Baymax, letting the man introduce himself after Edward spoke, and giving a nod. ”He’s my boss! He’s the one I’m Training and Interning under. Mister Brayden, this is Edward Nygma -” A few gasps and looks from some of the people in the reception area made Rapunzel send a pointed look out in that direction, before she continued. ”- he’s the one I’m having lunch with!” She turned back to Edward. ”He’s gonna be joining us! Hope that’s okay.” Her tone suggested he was coming with them anyway and that Edward would just have to get over it. ”You should shake his hand.” She then stated, another narrow eyed look to Edward as if telling him to play nice.

Outfit | brayden maddox, Nagito Komaeda-Ward and edward nygma | Notes: She’s… trying?
PMEmail
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 13 Feb 2018, 09:13 PM

Hospitals always put Edward just a little bit on edge. His previous experiences in ones had not been fun (though that was probably the same for most people), and the cleanliness and sterility, coupled with doctors in white coats smiling and pretending to be friendly made it feel all too familiar to Arkham. Which was why Ed didn’t so much as twitch towards the outstretched hand as this new man greeted him, but simply observed it like it was some foreign object that needed identifying. Even besides the earlier reasons, there was something just… wrong about hospitals. It was where sick people went, broken people, and normal, functional humans should not be in there. The whole thing all rolled together to create one big uncomfortable feeling that was interrupting the efforts of the admittedly limited part of his brain that made him behave appropriately in social situations.

At least Rapunzel was here as well though, so Ed’s attention soon flicked to her, leaving the proffered hand hanging in the air untouched. “Yes,” he replied as she questioned his dramatics, as though that answer should have been entirely obvious to her anyway, though he did flash her a smile nonetheless. He liked how loud and proud he was these days – it showed a confidence he had never had in his youth, but which he was building by the day since he’d been given a second chance in the world. Landing straight in a position of power was probably what was helping it to grow so quickly, and it had clearly gone to his head too, considering how he’d chosen to greet the girl. “Perhaps, but you should have been waiting for me,” he teased, though he was ever so slightly serious there too. But his words in general were intended to be an amusing mockery of his own importance. “I never said I wasn’t interested. It’s important to take time out for the little people too.”

The problem was, Ed wasn’t very good at humour. His tone was never quite right – it was either all too serious so the joke was missed entirely, or it was completely over the top, and sounded more patronising and sarcastic than funny. This particular attempt fell in the former category, making it sound like he did believe the words he was saying, and making the innocent smirk that accompanied his spech look entirely cruel instead. But Rapunzel had conversed with Ed enough times to recognise that the way he spoke should not always be taken at face value. This new healer though? He had no experience with the green-clad Chief of Staff, and so statements like this were probably not helping improve his first impression.

Not to mention the fact that Ed had still not shaken the hand he’d been extended, instead choosing to ignore it entirely and hone in on the end of the man’s introduction. “You’re the man in charge of Rapunzel’s progress here then?” he clarified, though Rapunzel confirmed that fact for him a moment later, robbing him of his introduction in the process. “She’s a rather proficient healer already, I intend to have her under my personal employ once her training is finished.” Though that was partly because she was the only person here who hadn’t scowled at him and grumbled something unfriendly when they’d been forced to examine him. “Your training had better be world-class then, if she’s to work with such an important person.”

Out of nowhere, Rapunzel suddenly announced that this random healer was going to be joining them for lunch, and Ed couldn’t help but blink down at her for a moment before replying. “No, it’s not,” he stated plainly in response. “The reservation is for two people.” He wasn’t intentionally trying to be difficult there, that was just fact. And of course he probably was important enough to demand the restaurant change his booking even if the place was entirely full, but that wasn’t the point – one shouldn’t go changing plans like this on such short notice. He ignored her request to shake the other man’s hand, still too uncomfortable with the fact this was a doctor inside a big, bright medical facility to want to complete such a simple gesture. Maybe when they were outside he would, but then hopefully this ‘Mister Brayden’ wouldn’t be with them by then.

brayden maddox & rapunzel gothel / 727
Ed honey, jokes like that only work when you don't have a ridiculous ego to back them up
PMEmail
^
brayden maddox
 Posted: 20 Feb 2018, 06:34 AM

N/A

It really wasn't some sort of hallucination or trick of the light or whatever. And even then it would have to be one hell of a trick to make a suit that green. Nygma had chosen to ignore his hand which didn't really bother him in the slightest. "Yes, that would be me." The interns would go from area to area as their skill sets saw fit, but they still came back to him. Currently it was just Rapunzel, but that would potentially change in coming months.

He was honestly glad Rapunzel was there so he wasn't just having to talk to him on his own...but it was still most definitely not on the list of things he wanted to do. Ever. And he was rather rude. To Rapunzel, of all people. Who...was going to be his healer at some point? "Oh. Well, yes she is. She is rather amazing at potions. Which is what she was coming from when you came in." If, given by some of the lingering stares, it could be called coming in. Or they had just heard Rapunzel say his name out loud. A name to go with the gaudy green that had drawn their attention.

Brayden had to extert a rather large amount of willpower not to roll his eyes at Nygma. Sure, the Chief of Staff to the British Minister of Magic was important, but he was still pretty sure a celebrity took up more space in the newspapers than him. "I can assure you, it is." Did the man honestly think Brayden was put in charge of the internship programs if he wasn't capable of helping with their training?

Nygma's reservations were for two. Oh no. Guess he couldn't go with them...but it also didn't sit well that Rapunzel going with him to lunch. Just how did Rapunzel know him anyways? "Well, I really do not want to intrude. My apologies." This was why he should make plans more in advance. He honestly wasn't sure just where they were going to end up, but given that there was a fair few cafes and restaurants not too far from the muggle side of St. Mungo's, it wasn't too far of a stretch to guess.

"I could walk that way with you two, at the very least." It was a thinly veiled atempt to get them out of the waiting area, as the 'surreptitious' looks at the three of them weren't really at all. Also because he wasn't entirely comfortable with the fact that Nygma was around Rapunzel.

~*~*~
Tagged: @[Rapuznel Gothel] edward nygma
Notes: every time i've read Ed's last post I've rolled my eyes at the same spot lol baymax doesn't get to do that politely.
Outfit: Why him??
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 24 Feb 2018, 02:02 AM

Just do a dance and
Edward didn’t shake Brayden’s hand, and Rapunzel frowned at him for it. It was just a handshake, surely he could do that much, right? Brayden didn’t seem to mind, but Edward just… stared at it like he didn’t know what it was. He knew what a handshake was, didn’t he? There was a simple “yes” to her question on if he had to be so dramatic. Well, that answered her question, didn’t it? ”I don’t need to wait on you.” There was an eye roll, but a non-serious one, before she gasped at the “little people” comment. ”Are you making a short joke?? Because that’s really not nice.” She knew what he actually meant by “little people”, but making a joke about it made her feel better about being referred to as “lesser”. Mother considered her “lesser” all the time - she didn’t appreciate being referred to as such by anyone else. Especially Edward. He was the murderer, last she checked.

He addressed Brayden, and the blonde’s head turned to look back at her boss, who was being nice to Edward. She smiled, because the less problems that were caused the better. She wasn’t a moron, she knew how Edward worked, at least mostly. It’s why she somehow managed to still be able to hang around him despite the… difference in personalities of the two. ”I agreed to be his personal Healer, yes. I still want to work at St. Mungos! It’s just… a lot of Healers aren’t willing to work with Eddie, so I offered to be his… personal Healer. He still deserves treatment, too, just like everyone else.” Brayden complimented her potions skills, and Rapunzel smiled, a bit of a sheepish one, and ducked her head down. ”Thank you, Mister Brayden.” But her gaze immediately shot at Edward, eyes narrowing into a glare. ”Eddie!” She scolded about his comment about how Brayden’s training should be world-class. ”He’s a good teacher, I promise. You have nothing to worry about.” While Brayden managed to keep himself from rolling his eyes, Rapunzel did not. Her eyes rolled visibly, shaking her head as she looked back at Brayden. Edward was used to that, she’s sure.

The reservation was for two people. Oh. ”Sorry, Mister Brayden.” She said with a pout after his apology, shaking her head and then shrugging one shoulder. ”We can get lunch tomorrow! I promise.” She never broke promises. ”You can walk with us.” Rapunzel nodded and bounced, turning back to Edward. ”Shall we head out?” She wasn’t aware of Brayden’s concern with her being around Edward, because Rapunzel herself wasn’t worried. She should be given Edward’s… reputation… but it always seemed Edward was more scared of her than the other way around. She didn’t know why. She was about as harmless as a butterfly stuck on a pink marshmallow - she wouldn’t hurt anything. But she was never worried about Edward harming her in anyway, even if most people were worried for her. She was perfectly fine. So going to lunch with Edward was like going to lunch with a friend, she didn’t find anything worrying about it.

Outfit | brayden maddox and edward nygma | Notes: I love how internally Brayden is like, “Pls stop”. xD
PMEmail
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 17 Mar 2018, 10:16 PM

Talking to Rapunzel always did wonders to calm him – he could see why she made such a good healer just based on her bedside manner. She could be a little hyperactive at times, a little too bouncy and squeaky which could occasionally make him jumpy but it was usually worth it… Her enthusiasm could grate sometimes too when he wasn’t feeling quite as joyful as she was at the time, but it was usually worth it… Honestly Ed has no right to be picky about things like that when so few people were willing to put up with him anyway. In fact he was even a little nervous when Rapunzel countered his attempt at a joke, worried that perhaps he hadn’t quite managed it correctly, and that her misinterpretation was genuine and she was actually offended. But… she’d tell him if she was, right? He could assume this was safe? “Not at all dear,” he replied, keeping his voice as easy as he could manage, and settling on playing along for now, while also making an effort to minimise any damage caused, just in case…

The man took a moment to compliment Rapunzel, and Ed was surprised to find himself bristling at the gesture. It was a nice thing to do, he should not be bothered by someone being kind to his friend, and yet a spike of jealousy had shot through him at the sound of it. Rapunzel was his friend, she should only care about what he had to say – this man was belittling him, stealing Rapunzel’s attention from him, trying to monopolise her, and that wasn’t fair! And though these thoughts might seem entirely irrational to anyone outside of Ed’s mind right now, the Chief of Staff was soon standing a little taller, tension holding his arms stiff by his side as he worried about how to fix this clear breach in appropriate social conduct.

“I am well aware of her talent thank you, I did choose her for a reason,” he snapped back, far too aggressively for the current tone of the conversation. And Rapunzel was soon giving him the opportunity to take this further too, as she opened up the chance for Ed to talk about ‘other’ healers… “Yes, I have noticed that most healers here tend to lack the necessary moral compass required for their role,” he added, glaring across at Brayden to make it very clear that these words were aimed at him as well. “They are rude, mean-spirited, and far too caught up in their own self-importance.” Quite the statement coming from Edward… “They’re also a bunch of idiots, thinking they can pick and choose their patients like that. The Ministry can and will bring a hand down on such behaviour from now on.” He cocked an eyebrow at Brayden, shifting his words into a threat and gripping his cane a little more tightly as he did so.

Rapunzel’s sudden chastisement had him blinking down at her in surprise, though she did manage to cut him off before he could say anything much worse at least. “Very well, I shall take your word for it,” he said directly to the girl, somewhat reluctantly but at least making it clear that he wasn’t accepting Brayden’s statement as evidence at all. He did nod to the other man when he apologised for trying to intrude in their plans, the slightest reward of politeness for doing the right thing and backing off again now. Rapunzel offering to get lunch with him tomorrow caused the same ripple of concern and envy as before though, and Ed found himself plotting already how to keep her busy for the following lunchtime as well, maybe arrange some sort of meeting she couldn’t possibly avoid…

He was busy planning that when Brayden made his suggestion to walk with them, giving Rapunzel the opportunity to answer before he could. So he quickly put up a hand in front of him to stop Brayden from taking a step forwards as he replied indignantly, “No, of course you can’t.” He frowned at the other man as though the idea was preposterous, before adding, “Don’t you have work to get back to or something? Don’t people die if you leave your post for too long? Go be somewhere else, Rapunzel is mine for the afternoon.” He had to resist the urge to put a hand on her shoulder to make the gesture even more obvious, though that was less because he realised it was the wrong thing to do, and more because he knew he personally would be spooked by someone grabbing him out of nowhere. Still, it did show that he could have been worse if he was trying to be…

brayden maddox & rapunzel gothel / 788
he got Worse
PMEmail
^
brayden maddox
 Posted: 28 Mar 2018, 07:41 AM

N/A

Eddie? Brayden assumed Rapunzel still meant Mr. Nygma but...Eddie? He knew Rapunzel typically found nicknames for most everyone...but Eddie? But...her reasoning he supposed, was in the right place. Just because he didn't like someone didn't make them any less human.

He did however, have a much lesser opinion of the man he was conversing with. If it could be called conversing.

"This is true, Rapunzel. Everyone deserves treatment. No matter where you work or who you work for." He meant it to be sincere, and hoped it came across that way. Mr. Nygma didn't see Punz's comments about her future employ as such though. "I am sorry you have come across Healers that are as such." He had come across people that were nosy, but not so far as mean-spirited. And he didn't see himself as any of those descriptors...but that didn't mean he was okay with Mr. Nygma. It was hard to forget what he had done, especially when Brayden had been the one to treat Nagito in the aftermath. "We...we don't typically pick and choose, Mr. Nygma." Typically he just got a clipboard and he went off to treat whoever happened to be waiting.

Brayden's only response to having to have his methods justified was to smile, calmly, like he always did. God, how did Rapunzel ever meet this man? He was rude, and he was striding into the hospital like he owned the place. And he had framed a man for murder, injuring him in the process. Yet Rapunzel...was talking to him like she had known him for years, as friendly as ever, if not a bit chastizing. "It is fine. I should have checked plans before I asked."

But here was Mr. Nygma trying to tell him what he could do and where to go. In Brayden's own workplace, on his lunch, for crying out loud. He raised an eyebrow at the man in the green suit. "It is my lunch hour, sir, which I am required to take." He said, a bit pointedly. It was rare that his voice strayed from the calm measured quality that he typically spoke with. And if he didn't go on break...he was pretty sure his supervisor was going to tell him to anyways the next time he went to get coffee. "And there are plenty of well qualified Healers and staff that work during the hour so I can do as much.

"Besides," Brayden gestured to the doors behind them. "Lunch options, no matter if I'm with you two or not, are a bit better down the way, so what is the harm in walking with you part of the way?" They could go to their lunch, he could go find something for his, and while he was now decidely against spending more time than necessary with Mr. Nygma, he still wanted to keep an eye out for Rapunzel.

Brayden started moving towards the door. "You said you had a reservation, no?" They needed to get out of the waiting area, if not because there were people now openly watching them, but because they were a bit in the way of people coming and going to receive treatment or see others within the hospital.

~*~*~
Tagged: rapunzel gothel & edward nygma
Notes: Baymax is Not Happy.
Outfit: >_>
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 10 Apr 2018, 10:36 PM

Just do a dance and
”Not at all dear.” Rapunzel smiled, trying to give off a sign that she wasn’t bothered by any of it. Joking, that’s what it was - at least on her side of things. Brayden did agree with her comment on how everyone deserved treatment, and the girl gave a satisfied nod, her arms clasping behind her as she did so, a nod of satisfaction. He complimented her, and Rapunzel had opened her mouth with the intention of thanking him for it, before the snap in Edward’s response had her eyes blinking back wide. ”Eddie!” She reprimanded, her gaze lifting up to shoot him a glare at the aggressive response. The intimidation factor didn’t work quite as well when Edward was the size of a skyscraper and she was about the size of a rock, but it didn’t stop her from trying. ”Some healers can be very mean, but not all of them.” She turned away, not catching the glare Edward had sent straight towards Brayden.

”You’re caught up in your own self-importance, too, Eddie, so don’t get onto the Doctors for that.” She commented. A bit of a bold statement, making comments like that to a past (?) murderer, but Rapunzel didn’t have any fears of Edward attacking her. Honestly, that’d be more of a mistake on his part than on hers. She sighed, whipping around to face him now, ”Eddie, please! We don’t choose what patients we get; they just find whatever Doctor is available. If they end up being unfriendly, it’s not our fault. If we could choose our patients, trust me, we would.” She started, crossing her arms over her chest and giving a huff, before turning back to Brayden. Edward did, however, stop after she started chastising him, earning a satisfied grin from the blonde herself, a nod as he listened to her and dropped the topic. At least… that topic. ”It’s okay, Mister Brayden.”

Edward’s hand shooting out to stop Brayden from moving earned another huff out of the girl, her head shooting up to give Edward another look. ”They have other healers around. They take his place so he can take his lunch. He’s required to take his lunch, it’s like… the law or something.” Her eyebrows furrowed together, shaking her head briefly. ”There’s no problem with him walking with us and then splitting once we get there.” She looked back at Edward, before his “mine” comment had her taking a step back, eyes widening. ”’Yours’?” She repeated. ”I’m not yours, Edward. You don’t own me. I’m going to lunch with you because I want to; not because I HAVE to, or because you own me. I’m my own person.” She spoke, her voice taking on a rare point of sternity at the implication she belonged to Edward. ”You can’t claim me like I’m an object. I’m a human being and I’m not yours for the evening or any other time - I’m going because I want to. Keep that in mind.” She ended pointedly, looking back to Brayden as he gestured towards the door. ”Yes, let’s go.” Her smile picked back up, turning around and looking at Edward. ”If we want to get there on time, we need to go.”

brayden maddox and edward nygma | Notes: She’s trying very hard to keep things civil.
PMEmail
^
edward nygma
 Posted: 20 May 2018, 08:48 PM

To be entirely fair to Brayden, Ed wasn’t entirely basing his current anti-healer tirade on his own personal experience. While he was certainly referring to the healers who had treated him at New Year when he’d been admitted with injuries, Ed himself had been unconscious for the majority of that interaction, and so hadn’t actually been aware of anything that had happened until he had woken up the next day. So his anger at his own mistreatment was based on what Oswald had told him. The Minister wouldn’t lie of course, and Ed would never question him either, so he was very confident in repeating what he had been told. Of course, there was likely a certain amount of hyperbole in the way Oswald had talked about that night, especially considering how panicked the other man had been at the time, but regardless, Edward believed him.

Rapunzel had chastised him, and Ed had stopped his snapping in response to it, but only managed to hold off from commenting again for such a short amount of time that his obedience might not even have been noticed. It was then that he had criticised the healers in the building, making no effort to keep his voice down despite how many of the people around him he was likely attacking with his statements. Both Rapunzel and Brayden immediately countered him of course, though only one person earned a response from Ed for doing so. “Are you calling me a liar Mr Maddox?” He took a step towards him (an action he had unconsciously picked up from his father, who found himself in these sorts of situations far more often than Ed himself did), and stood tall with his shoulders back in an effort to look intimidating. Of course, he could just draw his wand if he really wanted to scare him but… no, not now, not here. His hand shifted on the handle of his cane instead, to distract his desire to act, and he kept the rest of his concentration on his words. “If I say your fellow healers are doing such a thing then your reaction should be ‘yes of course Mr Nygma I shall endeavour to make sure they stop that behaviour altogether’. It should not be a suggestion that I am wrong.” It didn’t matter that Brayden had indeed started by apologising – Ed was looking for any reason to pick a fight with this man by now.

His gaze cast back down to Rapunzel at her comment, though it shot back up to meet Brayden’s while he answered her. “I am important though. Healers are not.” His words were clearly aimed at both of them, an answer to the girl’s question accompanied by a pseudo-threat to the man in front of him. But he did stand down a little when Rapunzel took up the same argument as the male healer did, relaxing his posture slightly and turning to face her a little more so it didn’t look so much like a standoff between the two men. “I understand the theory my dear, I am suggesting your colleagues might not be quite as morally guided as yourself. But by all means, take it up with the Minister if you don’t believe me.” After all, it was Oswald’s words he was going off here, even if they had been spoken in something of a rant at the time. Anyway, should he choose to pursue an investigation into St Mungo’s, Ed was certain he would uncover some sort of corruption and mistreatment, even if not exactly in the area he had been suggesting.

His suggestion that people may die if Brayden were to leave his post had mostly been a diversion tactic to allow him and Rapunzel to leave quickly without being followed, so he only rolled his eyes as both of them countered him again. Of course, he was just starting to feel ganged up on by this point… The two of them were chiming off together against every point he made, and it certainly didn’t feel like his friend Rapunzel was on his side with any of this… So the flicker of nervousness at her being taken away from him by this man grew even larger, enough to have him frowning at her in concern, looking for some sign in her eyes that she wasn’t about to storm off and leave him here, while the pair of them laughed over their shoulder at him like had happened too many times in school.

The main problem with this of course, was that this concern immediately flashed into anger as soon as it was given the opportunity to do so. So as soon as Brayden made a step towards the door, Ed’s cane swung out to the side to block his way, pushing him back to the position he’d started in as Ed stepped aside to block his path. “I said no.” The reason for his decision didn’t actually matter, he had said that this man could not come, and his wishes should be respected. “We shall walk alone, and you can take a different path, because I am telling you to. Understood?”

He would have been quite happy maintaining such a stance if Rapunzel hadn’t taken that exact moment to take issue with one of the words that Ed had used with regards to her. And her voice had changed, though he couldn’t follow why, or what this meant, and he found himself taken aback by the sudden shift he had not been prepared for. And if he hadn’t been nervous about the stability of their friendship before this, he most certainly was now. “… Why are you shouting at me?” he murmured quietly in the hopes that only Rapunzel would hear his question, a genuine uncertainty to his voice as though he thought she was being ridiculous in her actions and needed help to see it any differently. “I never said I owned you… I said you were mine for today. Which you are, we’re going out to lunch together. You’re with me today.” He frowned down at her, wondering what he was missing here that she was so offended by, despite her fairly detailed explanation already, and wishing the damn male healer would just leave already so he couldn’t overhear this falter.

brayden maddox & rapunzel gothel / 1,053
tried to make it detailed to make up for the delay!
PMEmail
^
brayden maddox
 Posted: 4 Jun 2018, 11:48 PM

N/A

Seriously? His statement was just that, a statement. Nothing that needed any sort of confrontation. Instead he was eye to eye with the murderer man in the green suit, who thought he had some sort of authority in St. Mungo's. Even Brayden didn't have the sort of authority Mr. Nygma thought he had. He didn't really have much seniority either. He was one Healer, in one department. With one intern. And the man in front of him was really starting to make a scene.

"Endeavors are made when issues are reported, Mr. Nygma. If you have done so, then rest assured it has been taken care of." He still sounded calm, near robotic, like normal, but Brayden was thoroughly irritated. "But please allow us to do our jobs and do not presume you know everything that happens here. I am sure you have more important things to work on at the Ministry."

He had to keep from rolling his eyes at Mr. Nygma's next comment. Healers, not important? Really. If not for healers, a very many things would not be, and many more things could go horribly wrong if not checked. And healers were the very reason the man in front of him could still walk and talk and tell Brayden that he wasn't important. Unless he had somehow forgotten that. Brayden didn't know the specifics of how and why Mr. Nygma had been admitted at New Year's (for once he had taken a vacation), just that he had been there, and it had been a bit of a buzz for a week after.

God, Brayden wanted lunch. It didn't even bug him that it was most definitely going to be a solitary lunch at that point, if Rapunzel and Mr. Nygma had reservations, they had reservations. But he wanted lunch, or anything to get him out of the waiting room where people were staring, watching their barely civil encounter. Especially now that he was blocked from leaving. Was nothing going to make this man happy?

"Excuse you." the healer said quietly. He needed to settle this before anything else happened. "You do not have that authority. You are here as a visitor. And whether or no you want to me walk with you any part of the way or not, that is still the exit, and I am going on lunch."

He very possibly would have said more if Rapunzel hadn't said anything. The healer was frankly taken aback. He had never heard the Hogwarts student raise her voice, or be anything but her cheerful self. But if it was possible for Mr. Nygma to shrink, it looked like her words had caused him to do just that.

"Is there a problem, Mr. Maddox?" The receptionist had come out from behind their desk, but staying a respectable distance back. Not good. They most definitely should get going.

"Not at all, we were all just leaving for lunch." If he wasn't allowed to walk around the green man to leave, then he could at least make sure he'd leave before he finally got food.

~*~*~
Tagged: rapunzel gothel & edward nygma
Notes: Sorry for lack of interaction Punz, Brayden is annoyed. also jfc are they even going to get to food at this rate??
Outfit: Excuse You
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.