Add Reply
New Poll

A Familiar Face, Clem/Dessy
Jameson Locke
 Posted: 20 Mar 2018, 12:07 AM

N/A

user posted image
---

If he was honest, Locke was not fond of public appearances. He wasn’t really please anytime he was pushed into the spotlight, but he was determined to make the most of it. Whenever his influence was broadened, even for short moments, he would use that time to do the most good. Besides, speaking at schools weren’t too bad. Mshak Moradi of the Le-Amuse Bouche tabloid was hardly likely to be lurking around there for one, and for another, Locke did like kids. They came without (most) of the politics that he had to keep in mind during public speeches to adults.

But right now, Locke wasn’t thinking about any of that. Not the speech he’d be giving on wand safety, nor the one on the importance of consent (and the dangers of love potions), nor even the one on the respect due to Muggles and Squibs.

He was thinking about how he was lost.

A Durmstrang staff member had given him a tour of the grounds, and then set him loose while they went attending to some of their own duties. Thing was, the staff member forgot to show him the classroom that he would be presenting in. Locke tried to follow the room numbers and signs, but he got turned around rather neatly.

Fortunately, his presentation wasn’t for another hour and a half. Unfortunately, everyone who could help him was currently in class or he was in the most abandoned part of the school. Wandering the many hallways, he eventually spotted a student seated alone, studying. At last, someone to point him in the right direction. This was, after all, getting embarrassing.

Locke made sure his footsteps were noticeable as his approached, so as not to startle her. As he came around to her front, his feet came to an involuntary stop. Locke recognized her immediately. He hadn't seen her in years, but it was a face he wasn't quick to forget.

"Clementine Georgia Hutchinson," he said, smiling. She had been such a little child when they had first met, so proud to know and recite her full name. It had been the highlight of their meeting. "I don't know if you remember me, but we talked a few times, a while back. I'm Jameson Locke, an auror."

He offered his hand for a shake, "How have you been?"

While his tone remained casual, it was more than a polite greeting of a question. The first time he'd seen her, she had been completely distraught by the loss of her parents. And she hadn't exactly lost them in a peaceful manner. That sort of trauma tended to linger; Locke knew that all too well. And last he heard, she had lost her adopted father too. Again, traumatically.

He hoped she had found some means – or even better, some help – to cope with it. Not that she’d likely share that sort of information with him, but even just hearing her talk about her life might give him some clue.

---
clementine hutchinson
PM
^
clementine hutchinson
 Posted: 27 Mar 2018, 08:47 PM

N/A

Starting right now I'll be strong; I'll play my fight song; And I don't really care if nobody else believes; 'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me.

Clementine could’ve found a better place to sit down and study instead of the hallway, but with all of the other students either in class or elsewhere, the hallways were surprisingly quiet. It also wasn’t too far away when she needed to get to her next class, which wasn’t for a little while to begin with. Finding a little bench against one of the walls, her bag dropped from her shoulder and landed down with a hard thud against the bench, turning to take a seat. The topic of choice was already in her hand, pulling it open to the page she needed to study from as she turned sideways, back against the side-arm and taking up the rest of the bench. If anyone else showed up they could easily find another bench.

Even being knee-deep in studying, her eyes picked up the sounds of the footsteps, her while of living on the streets leaving her trained for that type of thing. She assumed it was just a staff member or another student walking by, so she had went back into studying the content before her, her hand flipping the page over to get to the other side of it. The footsteps stopped in front of her, and her eyes glanced downwards to look down at the shoes of the person in question, head otherwise not turning from her spot. If they wanted the bench, that was too bad. It was occupied. Her eyes had moved back to the page, only to stop immediately when her name was mentioned. Her full name. No one ever called her by her full name because most people didn’t know it. But her middle was used - her birth one - and her brain went into overdrive trying to decide who in the world knew her well enough to know her full name.

Her head lifted, farther than usual to see over the rim of her baseball cap, being met with the smiling face of an older gentleman. Her eyes squinted critically, head tilting in observation of who the person was because she didn’t quite recognize him. But he introduced himself, and it clicked immediately. Jameson Locke. He was the Auror in charge of her parents’ deaths. ”Mister Locke.” Her voice picked up, a soft smile appearing as the book was closed in front of her, shoving it off to the side as she switched positions to have her feet and body forward. He held his hand out, and Clementine grabbed onto it with her much smaller hand to return his shake, pulling back once it was over and dropping both hands down to the edge of the bench, hands gripping onto it.

”How have you been?” An interesting question she’s always had a hard time answering. ”I’ve been…” She trailed off, thinking on what kind of response to give him. She wasn’t sure if he knew about her adoptive father or any of the other events, and wasn’t sure if she was up to talking about that. She was living with the Minister, and never really liked bringing that up, either. After a few minutes, her shoulders lifted in a simple shrug that only lasted a few seconds. ”Things could be… worse, I guess. I’m better than I have been.” That sounded like a satisfactory answer, and she looked back up at him again. ”What about you? How have you been? It’s been a while since we’ve talked.” Since she had gotten adopted by Lee, actually.

Tag: Jameson Locke | Durmstrang Uniform | Notes: She remembers!
PMEmail
^
Jameson Locke
 Posted: 31 Mar 2018, 01:54 AM

N/A

user posted image
---

By her smile, it looked like Clementine remembered him. In a positive manner, no less, unless she was simply a very polite kid. But the smile seemed genuine, as did the handshake. Locke decided to take things at face value.

Her words were chosen very carefully, he noticed. It was a far different response than he received when he had first brought the news of her parents’ deaths. And of course it was – the trauma was fresh and new back then, and she was still so little. But Locke could still tell there was something in her response that was born from pain. He chose not to address it, at least not at first.

“How am I? Well, currently,” Locke looked up and down the hallway, his smile turning rueful. He threw his hands wide in a manner that was perhaps a touch over-dramatic for him but seemed a rather normal gesture for most. “Currently, I am lost. I’m meant to give a presentation in about an hour and a half, but the moment my tour guide left me, I got completely turned around.”

Everything in those few sentences was deliberate. Poking fun at himself would hopefully decrease even more tension between them. Telling her that he didn’t know where to go gave her an out in case she really didn’t want to talk about what he was going to bring up. She could just change the subject, give him directions, and send him on his merry way. And if she chose not to, out of politeness, then at least she knew there was a timeframe on how long the conversation would last.

Essentially, Locke was doing everything to make sure Clementine didn’t feel trapped as he said,
“I… heard about Lee. I’m sorry. It sounded like he was a good man. I know what it’s like to lose your parents – I was also orphaned at a young age – but I can’t imagine having to go through that twice.”

The wizarding foster system in America didn’t count. If half of what he had heard of Lee Everett was true (and he had not heard a lot), all of the foster families that Locke had been passed around to, combined, couldn’t hold a candle to Clem’s adoptive father. The world had lost a good man.

“Where are you at now, may I ask? I mean, other than school.”

---
clementine hutchinson
Annnnd Locke cuts right to the topic Clem wants to avoid.
PM
^
clementine hutchinson
 Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 09:09 PM

N/A

Starting right now I'll be strong; I'll play my fight song; And I don't really care if nobody else believes; 'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me.

He paused, and Clementine found herself turning to look down the hall as he did before her eyes landed back on him. He was lost. Clementine let out a low laugh, pushing herself off of the bench and picking up the book she had been studying, holding it in one hand. ”I can show you. Which classroom do you need?” She didn’t mind showing him where to go, and it provided some time for them to catch up. She hasn’t seen him in… years, and she could do with stretching her legs a bit before she picked up her studying session. ”What presentation are you doing?” She wasn’t going to ask at first, but her curiosity got the best of her, so she ended up asking anyway. Not that she didn’t think it was that big of a deal to ask.

Her once decently happy face and smile was immediately wiped away when her adoptive father was brought up; her face immediately falling blank and melancholic. She didn’t think he heard about that. But apparently he did. ”It’s fine.” Her tone was empty, no hint of sadness or anger. Curt, sharp and empty. Monotone. She spent too many months in sadness. Too many years wallowing in tears and sadness for why her life was constantly breaking into pieces the minute there was some hint of happiness. Before, she would’ve gotten tearful, grew mournful at the mention of Lee and unable to hide the sadness she felt whenever it was brought up. Over the years, living on the streets, she quickly learned how hide those emotions. Learned how to take on an apathetic impression when he was brought up just so nobody knew that she was still hurting over his death. So she didn't have to remember. It was amazing how quickly her expression went from smiling to simply blank, almost nearly a second that his name was mentioned. Years of training herself helped with that.

”You don’t have to apologize. That’s all I get is apologies.” Her tone fell, eyes lowering to the ground as she spoke just barely above her whisper, book moving up to be held against her chest, only looking back at him when he praised Lee on being a good man. ”He was. He taught me a lot.” She was abrupt ending it there, not wanting to get into any more details about him because talking about him just hurt. He said “he knew what it was like”, and her head lowered back to the floor again, eyebrows knitting together and holding herself back from wanting to shout that he didn’t know like she wanted to do to everybody. He may have lost his parents, but watching your parent die was entirely different. She kept her face lowered, the bill of her cap keeping her expression from being shown while she reigned it back to blank, looking up as the question shifted. Something that was easier to talk about.

”I’m living with the minister.” She knew what he meant by the question. ”He took me in sometime last year after hearing I was an…” She stopped. ”... Hearing I didn’t have parents.” She shrugged, not seeming too happy about it, but not seeming too upset at her situation at the same time. She was neutral. ”He has other kids, so I’m not alone.” Even if she only talked to about two of them (not counting Asuka), but that’s not the point. ”It’s okay.”

Tag: Jameson Locke | Durmstrang Uniform | Notes: Annndddd just like that Clem quickly shuts down.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture

HOS Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning Taking It Back INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.