New Poll

Never Said I'd Save You, Tag: Jim
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: 26 Sep 2017, 05:58 PM

I don't need no help I can sabotage me by myself

TAG:jim hawkins
OUTFIT: link
Someone tried bewitching a muggle VCR.

Okay. No big deal, right? He was prepared to dodge VHSes and snake-like tape, it wouldn't be too hard. He'd just need to get it back to the MOMAD, seal it, do the paperwork and put it away, right?

...Right?

Except, no. Not right. Whoever did this was seriously crazy - and given that he found this through muggle circuits, it was more than a little... skeevy. This wasn't just some idiot wizard trying to impress his friends - or, probably, distress his enemies. At least not in a spurious way.

Whoever did this had tried to make a muggle tech and technomancy hybrid.

It was horrific. Sure, the poor muggles had gotten away in time so no one was hurt, but this was definitely not a job for just him - he'd realized this as a disc shot out from it and then boomeranged back. It took two senior wizards to seal it while he calmed down the muggle family - and those same wizards had him take it, in its sealed form, while they repaired the house and 'took care of' the muggles.

Nagito had taken it back, initially, to the MOMAD - but this wasn't their jurisdiction. It wasn't, he discovered, technically part of the equally understaffed and overworked Technomancy department. Most of the people there were just like him anyway, at least the ones he could find - other interns.

Luckily, he had... connections. Some were a bit murkier than others, but one was above board and, he was certain, would have the experience necessary to figure out how to take this thing apart safely so that they could separate the parts and seal them in their respective departments.

And luckily, Jim Hawkins was willing to meet him in Champs-Elysium. Normally, he'd choose his favorite old coffee shop, somewhere with a lot of people - but he didn't want to risk hurting anyone. He'd made Jim aware of what they were dealing with, and they'd decided to meet in the underbelly of Champs-Elysium - literally. The place they were at was, thank god, underground, beneath a French ministry-sanctioned safe house, barely used.

Nagito stood against the wall, watching his watch and trying not to freak out too much as he glanced uneasily to the slightly rattling box on the table. Hopefully, Jim would be on time.

^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 27 Sep 2017, 08:40 AM

Having heard from Nagito hadn't been something that he had quite expected. What he expected even less was the news that the man had and the issue that he needed help with. It was most definitely interesting and could indeed prove dangerous so the meeting point they had agreed on was ideal. Hopefully it wouldn't get out of control, but with such things it was better to be safe rather than sorry. So he got himself out of school premises and then apperated at their meeting point. It was the quickest way to get there and he could do the same to get back. Or not. Regardless he didn't want to be late, so.

Walking the final steps towards Nagito he nodded at the man and gave him a smile. "It's good to see you again." he said. And it was. Granted he would had prefered to see him under a circumstance that wasn't a potential hassard, but still he was glad to see his former student again. "So, this is the device?" he asked as he looked at the device on the table going right to the case. of course this is the device Jim... no he placed on the table a device that is of the same kind as the one he talked about cause this is the perfect time to play games... he thought to himself and shrugged. He wondered if he should ask his former student how they were doing, but decided against it. They would have time to play catch up later. Maybe over a drink, he felt that he would probably need a drink after this.

There were things that he had never asked his student and he wondered if he shoud had and if he should take the opportunity to do it today. One problem at the time though. First of all they needed to deal with... this then he'd deal with other things in some fashion.

Nagito Komaeda-Ward
PM
^
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: 27 Sep 2017, 05:19 PM

Nagito couldn't describe the immense relief of pressure that washed over him as the footsteps on the stairs turned into his ex-professor standing in the room with him. "Thank you, Professor - it's good to see you too." He put on a smile, right hand burrowing into his pocket while the other ran through his hair. He pushed himself off the wall, going over to the table to sit down on one side of it. "This is it, yeah - it's sealed off as long as it's in this box, but... I don't know how well it'll be when we open it."

He sighed, a frown tugging across his features. This definitely wouldn't be safe - he wondered if he should warn him further. This was definitely not the way he would have liked to meet his old professor again, especially if... No.

But... it was a possibility. He couldn't deny that. He was fending back the nauseating cloud of thoughts from his head - gray matter thick in the air, blood coating his hands, a clock on a wall spinning too fast. His left hand lifted to rub his eyes a few times, trying to jostle out the images. "Uhm - I guess I should run you through this, right?" He nodded, mostly talking to himself right now. His left hand dropped onto the table, right still customarily out of sight - considering its lack of usability, he didn't want to just have it out with that gnarly scar.

He passed Jim a book from his side of the table. "There's the proper containment procedures - the spells and everything... and the spells to take it out." He let out a soft sigh. "Sorry for dragging you into this. But you're basically a - a pioneer in this subject, you'd know everything, and we're... stuck." His frown only hardened. "I can't guarantee either of our safety. If that scares you, we can stop here, Sir."

^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 27 Sep 2017, 07:15 PM

Jim gave Nagito a bright warm smile. Like all of his students he loved him too. He had heard what happened, that he'd been in jail, but he wasn't the one to judge. He was out now and he was working for the ministry. And besides Jim's options when he was a kid were juvi or school and the fact that the man had come out of Azkaban a sane man was something he admired. "Call me Jim. I mean, we're on far more equal footing now than what when you were in school my friend." he told him pating his shoulder trying to reassure him. He didn't need to be told that the man was nervous, and he wanted to calm him down. Even though Nagito wasn't in school anymore he was still his student and he cared for him. When the man spoke again he nodded. "It's going to be fine. Between you and me we can contain it, and there won't be any casualties if something goes wrong. It was a very smart idea to meet here..." he said and became a bit thoughtful before adding. "If something goes wrong I want you to get away from it ok? if we can't contain it for whatever reason. I can use magic to try and protect myself and try to contain it." he said. They come first. His students, regardless of whether or not they had graduated, came first. He hadn't meant to sound demeaning or anything, it was just simple fact and he would hate to see Nagito getting hurt. He'd manage.

As the man offered him the book he started going through it and he nodded, hearing the man speak. "Thank you for your faith in me Nagito. And trust me, there's no need to apologize. I'm glad I can help. And when we're done you and I can go have drinks. You can tell me everything about the wedding." he said looking up to him and winking at him. Was he worried? Of course he was. But he also believed that they were going to make it.

Nagito Komaeda-Ward
PM
^
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: 29 Sep 2017, 03:15 PM

Jim had always seemed intent on making his students comfortable and happy. Nagito felt stupid - he'd practically squandered it while at school, especially in the last two months of the term after he'd come back from Azkaban and St. Mungo's, when he'd isolated himself to not have to deal with the questions while trying to get decent NEWTS. He regretted it now - but even during the time it had only made it more exhausting.

But it was okay - he was better now. His therapist had been doing wonders, and a lot more things made sense now. And now he wasn't afraid to ask for help at times like these when he desperately needed it. He smiled back, giving a slight laugh at the shoulder pat - he was still a little uncertain about a lot of platonic affections, and this was one he hadn't quite grasped yet.

Still, he nodded in agreement- this would be safe, they would get everything together and be able to get out quickly without damage in something like this - but Jim added on in more serious tones. If something went wrong, he wanted him to get away. Nagito's stomach dropped slightly - he wasn't sure he could do that. He swallowed the lump in his throat though, nodding. "Yes, Sir- Jim." He would have to get used to that.

Still - JIm was content to get to work quickly, and Nagito smiled slightly, more of a reassurance than anything. The comment about drinks and the wedding made it more genuine easily, and he tucked his hair behind his ear. "I'd like that, yes, please - alright, let's.... let's get down to business."

^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 29 Sep 2017, 04:40 PM

Nagito had been closed to himself when he had come back from Azkaban. Who could blame him for that? It was a terrible place to be. Jim thought it was quite possible that the knowledge that he was framed played a major role in him coming back sane. He hadn't had much luck helping the boy when he was younger, but they were here now and his former student had asked for his help. He would do everything in his power to help him too.

He loved his students and he wanted to be able to help them all in any way he could. There were things that were hard to deal with, insane things... He looked at nagito and gave him a warm smile. They were here now and he could help him with this. Then they could drink and they could talk. And there were so many things to talk about. He was happy to see his former student again and he was happy that he could help him.

Focusing his attention on the task at hand he started working following the instruct provided and own knowledge. He thought that between the two of them they could do this... It was hard to focus there were so many things going on in his mind but once he got started it was easier. He found that he could empty his mind easier when he focued on his field.
"OK now this next bit is rather tricky." he said even though he was sure that Nagito knew as much already.

Nagito Komaeda-Ward

PM
^
Nagito Komaeda-Ward
 Posted: 21 Oct 2017, 06:26 PM

The knowledge of 'truths' was definitely what had kept him some measure of sane as he wasted away in Azkaban. He'd known he was framed, and he knew - thanks to the ring on his finger - that someone loved him. While it didn't save his whole sanity (he'd literally hurt himself in awful ways while there under the assumption that it could get him out and away from the dementors, though that seemed to just be the way Azkaban functioned), both of those things were how he was able to bounce back so quickly after leaving.

To be honest, being in a dark place like this reminded him of that a little too much. But he was swallowing his fears, reminding himself there were no bars and that, of course, he could leave at any time should he need to. He was here for a job and a reason, not because of force, and having a familiar face here was also helpful. Still, it was only combining with his anxiety about this in general to make his throat feel drier than it was.

He glanced up, hesitantly smiling back at him. Hopefully everything would go well, and Jim wouldn't hate him like his mind was saying he probably would, and they could get drinks and rest and relax. That was all he wanted, after this was fixed and the pieces put where they needed to go.

Nagito nodded quickly. "If we need to turn back at any point, we can," He reminded, but bit his lip. They were both probably too far into this at this point. "How can I help you, Sir- Jim?" He knew he was technically useless without magic, but even if he just needed to hold the box or something, he could do that.

^
jim hawkins
 Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 06:07 PM

Regardless of what Nagito thought Jim loved him and cared for him. He couldn't hate him and he was really looking forward to have those drinks with him after. He wanted to apologize to him as well. He should had been there. In his mind if one of them would have to hate the other that would be Nagito hating him not the other way around. Seeing the hesitation in the man's smile his confidence wavered for a moment. Was this because he wasn't sure how to react or was it cause Nagito really did hate him somewhere inside? He shrugged. He... This was something that he would have to deal with and he knew as much.

When he mentioned that they could turn back he nodded and offered another smile. When he asked how he could help, stumbling upon his own words but managing to call him Jim he contemplated it for a moment before talking. He didn't think that the young man in front of him was useless cause of his lack of magic. After all he came from muggle parents and he knew that wonders could be accomplished without magic. And Nagito was bright and understood the concepts of technomagic very well. Right. I'll need you to monitor the power storage and reverse the power flow if it gives signs of overload. Hopefully it should be enough to prevent it from collapsing in itself if something doesn't go as planned.

As he talked he let his mindset slide to the mode that it had when he was having technomagic lessons. The stakes were far higher here but this relaxed him and helped him concentrate better. He didn't have to panic over what would happen if they failed and he didn't let his mind travel to what he'd do if he found out that Nagito did indeed hate him.

Nagito Komaeda-Ward
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.