you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Sing Like It's the Last Song You'll Ever Sing, Tag: Rapunzel!
arya tritan
 Posted: 28 Apr 2018, 10:41 PM

N/A

You're not getting cold fins now, are you?
Arya didn't know what it was about music that made her feel whole. Maybe it was how a bass line could sync with her heartbeat. Maybe it was because melodies made more sense than normal speech. Maybe it was made her feel normal, like her mum was still alive and sharing her own music with the world. Maybe it was all of it.

So despite knowing that it was the one place in all of the three schools she knew her older sister could find her, Arya knew come meeting time she'd be there with the rest of the music club, to sing her heart out til she had to go back to Hogwarts Castle and the mountain of potions homework she had left there.

So far she was the only one in the classroom for that week's meeting. She was perched on her usual desk, tapping her fingers in rhythm to the song currently cycling through her head. While her iPod and her phone didn't work at any of the schools (hooray magic), it didn't keep song fragments from popping back into her head. And today it happened to be the same line of "Dog Days," the rhythm soon accompanied by humming, and if no one showed up soon, singing would soon accompany that as well.

CODED BY ELECTRIC OF SHINE

~*~*~
Tagged: @[Rapunzell Gothel]
Notes: Riff Off thread!!!
Outfit: -will recycle one of her old sets once I upload them-
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 30 Apr 2018, 10:38 PM

This time I’m gonna sing
and you’re gonna hear it.
It was a bit early for the Music meeting, but Rapunzel was the type who showed up to all events and appointments thirty minutes early. She was surprised when she was given the role as Chairman for the music club, and now she was in charge of the meetings, classes, and planning Music events. It was a lot of work on top of being Head Girl, but she’s been managing it pretty well so far. After classes finished, she had quickly changed into something that was more “her” and more comfortable than the overflowing robes, and her hair was pulled out of it’s ponytail and flowing in small waves over her shoulders.

She made it to the Music room, surprised to find that it was unlocked as she pushed the door open and entered. She was met with humming, and Rapunzel looked forward to see the familiar orange hair of Arya. ”Arya!” She called with a bright smile, closing the door since it was still a little bit before the other members arrived (she did get here thirty minutes early, after all). Usually she’d go around the room and get things ready for the meeting, but with Arya here, she knew that wasn’t going to happen. The blonde was easily distracted. ”You’re early. I mean - I’m early, too, but I’m always early. You’re usually not.” She smiled again. ”The meeting doesn’t start for another thirty minutes. What are you doing here?” Not that she didn’t mind that Arya was here, it was just shocking.

Outfit | arya tritan | Notes: Riff offffff!!
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 10 May 2018, 04:38 PM

N/A

Run fast for your brother, run fast for your father was cycling once more through her mind, the humming matching the tune, right up until she heard she wasn't alone in the classroom anymore. "Punz! Hi!" It only hit her then that she had managed to beat Rapunzel to the meeting. She really was lost in her thoughts today, wasn't she.

Well, it was hard to be lost when the same song kept repeating over and over and over. Unless that was it's own kind of lost.

The horses are coming so you better run.

Arya shrugged. "Just early today. Rather be here than doing homework." She'd rather be doing anything over potions homework. Anything at all. "Besides, it's not frowned upon to be singing here versus the common room." Most people did a better job of studying in their free time than she did, and she didn't want to disturb people.

~*~*~
Tagged: rapunzel gothel
Notes: i am excited
Outfit: -actually asking shoplook people a thing about sets currently-
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 13 May 2018, 01:28 AM

This time I’m gonna sing
Rapunzel smiled brightly as Arya answered her with enthusiasm, giggling with a crinkle of her nose. ”Oh, I get that. Homework sucks.” She lifted the strap of her side-bag over her head, dropping it down onto a nearby table before she adjusted the bottom of her shirt, fiddling with the small tie at the corner before her hands clasped near her waist, giving Arya her full attention. ”Nope, it’s not!” Her head shook, sending blonde waves shaking as well before she giggled again. ”I encourage singing here!” Her arms gestured out to her side in a showy gesture. ”That’s what it’s for, after all.” She bent over, unstrapping her sandals to pull them off (she hated shoes), speaking to Arya as she did so. ”Some of the other ‘Puffs get annoyed by my constant singing, too, which is weird because you know… ‘Puffs.” She popped back up, shrugging as she pushed the sandals underneath the table, wiggling her toes now that she was comfortable with bare feet.

Her eyes glanced down to the watch on her wrist, pursing her lips in a thinking expression. ”Well! We still have about thirty minutes before the other members start filing in,” She moved her head to Arya, smiling. ”Why don’t we do something small? Like… a riff-off! Get our vocal chords warmed up before the lesson today.” Plus riff-offs were incredibly fun, it was her favorite way to warm up the club before they got down to the meetings or lessons. They were just so much fun to do, and also incredibly entertaining if you’re simply watching it between others. It never failed to get her members pumped up.

Outfit | arya tritan | Notes: Me, too! First time doing this, lol. xD
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 14 May 2018, 10:39 PM

N/A

"Potions homework sucks the most. And unfortunately I have a fair bit of that waiting for me when I get back to the castle." Arya wouldn't say no to her just disappearing. Or disappearing and then reappearing completely done. Yes, the latter sounded much better. For her and her grades.

Arya smiled. "Fair." It'd be a rather poor music club if they didn't get to sing during meetings. "And yeah...the Slytherins are really quiet a lot of the time too." Thankfully her dormmates didn't mind her singing. Or they were just used to it by now. She hoped they were after hearing it for six-odd years.

A riff-off. That sounded like fun. And they did have the time. And it wasn't like Arya was ever going to turn down a reason to sing. "Okay then!"

It also gave her a chance to get the song out of her head. Hopefully. She liked it, but she'd also been hearing it all day. She took a moment before she opened her mouth. Not to keep talking, but to sing. ♫Happiness, hit her like a train on the tracks,"♫ The acoustics of the room carried her voice to near silence, but not before she continued. ♫"Coming towards her, stuck still no turning back"♫

~*~*~
Notes: same. let's see what happens. Starting with Dog Days Are Over by florence + the machine
Outfit: -still waiting to hear back from shoplook-
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 21 May 2018, 12:05 AM

This time I’m gonna sing
”You hate potions?” Rapunzel questioned, her head tilting near her shoulder as she questioned Arya. ”I love potions! It’s my best subject.” Besides Care of Magical Creatures, but she worked in Potions specifically because she needed to be good at it if she wanted to be a Healer. It was a huge factor of being a Healer, so she had to be good at it. But apparently Arya hated it. Not that she knew why the redhead hated it. She didn’t expect everyone to love the same classes she did, of course, she wasn’t that type of person. She was just kind of curious on why Arya sounded like she hated it.

”Some people just don’t get into Music quite as much as we do,” She spoke, shrugging her shoulders as she did so. ”But it’s okay! We have each other and the club for all of our singing needs!” And she very much encouraged singing of all forms, no matter what it was. That was kinda the point of the club, after all.

Arya quickly agreed to a riff-off, and Rapunzel smiled widely, bouncing a bit on her feet as she waited for Arya to start things off. Once Arya started, the room was immediately filled with her singing, and she immediately began thinking on which point of the song she could use to cut in on. It didn’t take long for her to figure it out, and once that point cut in, she immediately interrupted and started singing. ”Back, she said, ‘Shut up and dance with me!’,” She cut in, immediately filling the room with her own voice as well. ”This woman is my destiny, she said ‘oooh’, shut up and dance with me.”

Outfit | arya tritan | Notes: I thhiinnnk it goes by the last word that was said. I think. Trial and error, tbh. xD Song is “Shut Up and Dance With Me” by Walk the Moon!
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 4 Jun 2018, 04:22 AM

N/A

Arya nodded. "I'm good at potions on paper, not really in practice. They should invent a type of potion that's basically just sludge and then maybe I'd be good at those." Even then she was rather doubtful. "If grades were just based on papers then I'd be fine." And then even with those it was a matter of her actually sitting down and doing the reports. She always left them until everything else was done, which sometimes meant that they weren't as good as they really could be.

"I definitely know a lot about that." Singing wasn't just singing for her. It was a family thing, one of the only things that reminded her of when things were happy, when rules were less strict or non-existent. And there were enough songs of hope that gave her hope that her father would calm the hell down with everything.

Arya's singing trailed off as the song shifted. Less Dog Days, more Walk the Moon. She thought on the song lyrics that always seemed to be maurauding through her mind, but nothing was coming to mind that was up beat. For once she was chill. Imagine--oh.

♫"Me a, you made me a believer, believer.."♫ Arya took over the melody once more. ♫"You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer."♫ Ooh, she had nearly forgotten about this song. But in its defense she had other music in her mind to begin with. ♫"Pain, Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain. My life, my love, my drive, it came from,"♫ She drew a breath for the next word, but...

~*~*~
Notes: this actually took me a hot second to think of a song
Outfit: -actually need to reply to shoplook people. outfit soon!-
Song: Believer-Imagine Dragons
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 30 Jun 2018, 09:58 PM

This time I’m gonna sing
”Have you tried getting someone to tutor you?” Rapunzel asked with a tilt of her head. Rapunzel has had to have someone tutor her for History of Magic before; she imagined if Arya really needed the help, surely she could find somebody. She started giggling at her sludge comment, hands covering her mouth to try and stifle the little laughing fit that way she’d be able to speak. ”Maybe they already have one! Never know. ~” She gave an understanding nod, shrugging her shoulders. ”I’m sure it’ll get better! Just gotta keep practicing.”

But then they got into singing, and Rapunzel smiled when Arya said she was good at that. Oh, indeed she was. That’s when they went straight into a riff-off, and after singing a few beats of her song, Arya interrupted and Rapunzel trailed off. Hm. This was a thinker. Her lips purse, deep in thought, and while it took her a few minutes, she found a song and interrupted just as Arya was taking a breath, ”From, you might be the one who's running things. Well you can ring anybody's bell and get what you want. See it's easy to ignore trouble, when you're living in a bubble.” It was easy to pick up the melody once she got started, so she kept on.

”So what are you gonna do, when the world don't orbit around you. So what are you gonna do, when nobody wants to fool with you. Ain't it fun, living in the real world.”

Outfit | arya tritan | Notes: Trying to find words to stop on that’ll make thinking of a song come easier. xD
PMEmail
^
arya tritan
 Posted: 12 Jul 2018, 06:10 AM

N/A

A tutor? "Not really. But a tutor can't help me make the bloody things. And I can write just fine." When she put her mind to it. And depending on Arya's mood, it was more often than not she could get it done, after all the rest of the her homework of course. She crossed her arms. "They need to tell the potions master already then."

At least this didn't involve potions, otherwise this could have ended rather badly. Arya's face broke into a wide grin. She loved the song Punz had picked. Although to be fair she loved most of the songs she heard, and remembered the lyrics to them as well. But she couldn't just sit and listen, no. Arya needed a followup song. And she had one.

♫"...the world to change."♫ she started, slowing the tempo down. ♫"We keep on waiting, waiting, waiting on the world to change. It's hard to beat the system, when you're standing at a distance..."♫

~*~*~
Notes: Holy Meta, Batman!
Outfit: -still need to email shoplook-
Song: Waiting on the World to Change-John Mayer
PM
^
rapunzel gothel
 Posted: 18 Jul 2018, 07:58 PM

This time I’m gonna sing
”Oh. Hm,” Rapunzel thought, lips pursing together in thought. ”I… don’t know then. Wish I could be more helpful.” Rapunzel felt bad. She wanted a way for Arya to get better a potions, but she couldn’t think of any other solutions. If she had any, she’d try to help Arya. But she didn’t. ”I’m sure it’ll get better! The more you try and do it. That’s normally how it works.” She giggled.

The tempo of the songs slowed down, and Rapunzel grinned. Maybe it was time for a style change, too… because Rapunzel had the perfect song to jump in with, but there was a drastic style change. She hoped Arya didn’t mind. ”... the distance, standing in the background, everybody’s saying ‘he’s not coming home now’,” She jumped in immediately, changing the style of the song and also bumping it to something that was more powerhouse-y. ”This can’t be happening to me. This is just a dream.”

arya tritan | Notes: Just a Dream - Carrie Underwood! (Literally popped up into my head immediately after I read ‘distance’.)
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.