you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

this should be interesting, takumi/jim
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 27 Sep 2017, 07:17 AM

It was an odd thing to think of his school years. He had started off so weird and enclosed to himself, not wanting to talk to anyone and avoiding the elite students like the plague. It was still amusing him 30 years later that his husband had been an elite when they were still in school. He owed a lot to his transmutation teacher. The man had inspired him when he was a kid, had payed attention to him, had given him a chance and had made it so that he had started making friends and for that he owed him forever. He wouldn't be the man he was today if it hadn't been for that man, he was sure of it.

Looking around him he saw students going about and his mind returned to the present. Some of his colleagues favored certain students over others and sometimes they even bothered only with students that were talented on their field, something that had been the case when he was a student as well. Jim wasn't like that. He believed in spending time with each of his students and giving chances and help even to those that seemed to have limited potential on the field. He wasn't willing to stop trying with a student for as long as the student wasn't willing to stop trying and maybe even futher than that, without preasuring them more than what they could take, however.

He loved his job and while when he was a kid he would had never imagined doing this job now he couldn't imagine doing any other job. The day was rather peaceful and the sounds that sarrounded him and the sight of students either relaxing or rushing to go to another class made him feel good. He didn't have a class till later that day and there weren't any appoinements till the afternoon so he had decided to take a long walk before going back to his office and take a look at today's lesson. He figured that his students would like it. Maybe he could bring them out here to have the class. That would be cool too. He could demonstrate things out here, plus he didn't think it was good for students to go long hours each day seeing nothing but walls and chairs and desks. They needed to have the chance to stretch and the weather was good today so it could be nice. They'd have a class and the students could also use the opotunity to stretch their legs a bit and decompress.

Takumi Sumeragi
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 29 Sep 2017, 10:22 PM

Takumi was very proud of himself as he found himself walking around the gardens, keenly aware of the sheen coming off his Prefect badge. Just wearing it had made the past month a completely different social experience from the previous years he’d been a student. Young students now asked him questions, or went to him if they were being bullied (that was the best part being able to stop bullies, maybe someone would have a less miserable school experience then he did, because bullies now knew Takumi Sumeragi was keeping an eye on them, and that he meant business). The students closer to him in age were also much nicer, probably more out of worry of him abusing his power or something. Not that he would.

One of the little first years waved at him, and he waved back genuinely meaning it. He’d helped her on her first day when she was lost, and he didn’t leave her side until they found the right classroom, and he’d ended up being late for his own class. He couldn’t help but smile everytime he saw the girl.

In his distraction he ended up bumping into someone. He could distinctly hear the little girl laughing, though it was a significantly kinder laugh then that of most people laughing at his misfortune.

“I’m sorry” he said, laughing a little bit himself as he stepped back from the person. He quickly realized who it was “Oh Professor Hawkins! Its good to see you!”

Takumi had given up Technomagic pretty quickly in his fourth year. He’d not been very good at it, technology made no sense at all to him. But Professor Hawkins was always a kind face to see.

“Sorry I didn’t come back to your class.” he said genuinely meaning it, “I decided to focus on the stuff I’m really good at. He pointed at the badge on his uniform vest, “I’m a prefect now!”

jim hawkins of course I get this done RIGHT when you go to bed but
PM
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 30 Sep 2017, 08:30 PM

Being distracted himself Jim didn't notice Takumi till the two of them bumped into each other. Readjusting to give the boy a look his smiled at the newly assigned perfect. "oh don't worry about it Mr Sumeragi, we were both distracted it would seem." he said giving the boy a bright smile. When he mentioned dropping the class we waved his hand. "don't worry about it. I don't mind and I am sure Tadashi doesn't mind either. After all the courses are for you to pick and chose from you're not obligated to keep all of them if something doesn't pick your interest as much as you thought it would be." Tadashi had been teaching the class in the first year that it was taught and Jim did not recall any complaints on the students that didn't carry on with it.

As the boy went on he nodded and beamed at him. It made sense. After all he thought that Takumi would have a bright career in front of him and he was certain that the boy knew what he wanted. His smile only became brighter when the matter of him becoming a perfect was mentioned. "so I've heard. Congratulations on your new role, I'm very proud of you and happy for the recognition this role implies."

He had been teaching transmutation before taking up the technomancy class and he did remember Takumi from those classes. He had to admit that he was rather bright and he thought that he would be up for the task of the perfect.

Takumi Sumeragi
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 17 Oct 2017, 07:49 PM

Takumi simply nodded as the professor waved away Takumi’s clumsiness.You never knew how someone would react over that kind of thing, sometimes people barely noticed when you bumped into them, sometimes people acted angry and yelled at him. Really that sort of thing depended on someone’s mood, and Professor Hawkins seemed to be in a good mood.

“Yeah technology is so hard.” Takumi said, “Like I can get phones to work okay, but stuff like computers are so hard. There’s just too much to do you know? So many little things that can go wrong.” Magic was so simple in comparison. “I wonder if its any easier with you teaching it. You seem like the kind of person who can explain things easily.” Professor Hawkins had been such a great Transfiguration professor. He made impossible sounding concepts in books, seem possible, and always was open to questions. Those were the best kind of professors to Takumi. Also he was gentle and nice, which seemed to becoming a rarer and rarer trait in the human population.

Takumi beamed when Professor Hawkins mentioned that he’d heart the news, “Yeah it was a total shock to me, if you want me to be honest. I always figured that I’d never be that kind of thing, because of my…bad emotions and whatever. But I apparently have had “astronomical improvement” was the term they used.” Though part of him wondered how much the choice had to do with him being “Xanatos’ pet”. He’d heard some people say that. “I’m really enjoying it though, I really like helping the first years. They need people to look up to and they’re also always getting lost.” He laughed a little, “Its funny how this castle always feels smaller and smaller as the years go by, I can’t imagine getting lost here now.”

I'm sorry this took so long ahhhh jim hawkins
PM
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 18 Oct 2017, 08:17 PM

Jim was rarely the kind of person to mind, really. He simply didn't see the reaoning behind getting upset over something silly or an accidental bump. It was just a waste of energy, not to mention it would mean barking down a student for no good reason, which was something that he simply didn't approve of. And besides Takumi was always so well spoken and nice and tried his best in everything so Jim simply wouldn't be able to stay mad at him even if he tried.

As the boy commented on the difficulty of technology he nodded. to him it had always been easy, but it had been his passion even before he found out he's a wizard. "It can be yeah. When I was younger I'd feel the same way about certain aspects of magic. Could hardly set a pot straight till my second year in potions, to this day I'm not sure how I passed the first year course." he said towards him. When the boy went on to wonder if things would be different with him as a teacher he offered him a gentle smile "It really boils down to you. If I want to be honest I'd love the opportunity to have you in my class again, but it really depends on what you want to do. If you want to give it another chance I'd love to help you out and I'm sure we can figure out a way to make things easier to deal with. In the long run though it depends on whether or not such an arrangement would make you happy."

As the boy went on about how it had been a shock for him that he had made it he gave him a reassuring smile. "Well I do have to agree with what you were told. I mean it feels as if it was yesterday that you came into the school for the first time, and you've made an amazing progress since then." he said towards him.

His smile softened as he mentioned enjoying helping the first years and he couldn't help but laugh as well when he mentioned that the school seemed to become smaller as time went by. "I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. It's lucky for the students to have you helping them out." he said sinserily. "And it does feel smaller doesn't it? I remember my first time seeing this place. It had seemed so hopelesly massive..." he said. now... now he knew it better than what he knew what he had in his top drawer. He had been rather fast in finding hidden or less populated ways to get places though. He hadn't wanted to have much to do with his classmates during his first year... Part of the reason why he had figured the school to be so big at first, he had thought in restrospect, was cause he had felt so alone in it.

Takumi Sumeragi

PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 16 Nov 2017, 11:52 PM

Takumi gave a sheepish smile at the man “…well at least you DID okay in your first year. Unlike me.” It did make Takumi blush a little, to remember how horrendous his grades were in his first year…well they were fine until his father died, and then he stopped trying for the rest of that year. He looked back at that, especially with his current work ethic, as being his biggest moment (or well…months) of weakness he’d ever experienced, and he often tried to not dwell on it.

And yet… as Jim spoke of how it felt like yesterday since he arrived.

“You know…” Takumi said, “I don’t think I ever got the chance to thank you for like…everything you did for me. You felt like the only professor who really didn’t give up on me in my first year, when I was so… distraught. I don’t think I’d be you know…here without people like you, who were so nice to me when my father died. It felt like everyone else just wanted to shut me up, and keep me from accidentally breaking things with emotional magic. And well I presume you wanted the same too, because I was a liability and all but you didn’t really act like it and well…” he trailed off awkwardly before tacking on another “Thank you!” [/b]

He let out a small laugh, “Right? It felt so big it was just…terrifying. I guess I’m less small now, too that probably helps a bit. “ He awkwardly shrugged, “Sorry if I’m keeping you from anything, you’re always just such a nice and pleasant face to see.”

I apologize for the lateness and shortness jim hawkins
PM
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 17 Nov 2017, 09:23 AM

Hearing Takumi's response and seeing his blush, as well the reminder that the boy had lost his father during his first year here made Jim give him a reassuring smile, trying to promnt him to go on without pressing too much. When the boy thanked him he listened to him carefully and gently placed his hand around his shoulders. "There's no need to thank me. I did what felt the right thing to do... what I wanted to do and I'm happy that it helped. I couldn't leave you on your own at a time lke that. I never saw you as a liability though... more like I was concerned for your well being and what your emotional turmoil, and magic, would do to you... I mean... If the school itself could be severely damaged by one student's magical outburst it would had falled apart years ago. Plus, I became a teacher cause I want to help and teach not cause I expected that everything that the students, and as an extention me as an instructor, would have to deal with would all be smooth." he said towards him and patted his shoulder before withdrawing his arm. Besides he understood the pain that the boy was going through, in part at least, due to having lost his own father at a young age as well... and he knew how much it had affected him a child and how much it still affected him to this day. After all when he'd come across a dementor that was the thing that came to his mind... not to mention that his greatest fear, to this day, involved loss and more to the point the loss of his husband. Pushing those thoughts to the side he focued his attention back at his student. "I'm here at any time you might need something." he added

As the boy went on offering a small laugh he chuckled and nodded. When Takumi mentioned that he hoped that he wasn't keeping him from anything and that he was a pleasant and nice face to see he beamed at him. "There isn't somewhere I would rather be right now, don't worry about it. I've always enjoyed our conversations" he offered.

Takumi Sumeragi
PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 02:47 AM

Takumi felt his heart practically melt at the man’s smile, and he felt very reassured simply by the small touch on his shoulder. Such small displays of affection, especially from older men, always reminded him of his father, giving him praise after hitting a bullseye on a target or after some other achievement. “Thank you Mr. Hawkins. Not many people can always…do the right thing like that. I mean if I encountered myself, I’d probably be afraid to interact with him…I can barely stand being myself as it is.” He would do anything to have the control over himself that his peers had. “Its funny though, I spent my whole childhood with my family worrying I was a Squib…and its almost like nowadays I make up for lost time, by accidentally doing magic so much. Its like…the day my father died, a switch was pulled, and I’ve been unable to pull it back. But then again during my OWLs I had people say, that if I learn to control my magic better, I could be an extremely powerful wizard, and I’m already able to do stuff like wandless magic…though sometimes it gives me nosebleeds and headaches.” There were times though, sometimes he almost wished he was a Squib, and not constantly having this force within him trying to wreak havoc if he got upset.

Takumi felt even more humbled and honored when the man said he’d not rather be anywhere else, “Please Mr. Hawkins, you can’t mean that. You probably have a lot to do, and I certainly can’t be your favorite student.” He had a hard time believing that about any teacher, he was so high maintenance after all.

I figured it was time to get to this ahhhh jim hawkins
PM
^
jim hawkins-wrynn
 Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 09:05 PM

To Jim it was only a natural thing to offer love and devotion to his students. After all that was why he had become a teacher. In many respects his students were like his children or at least so Jim saw them. As Takumi spoke he listened to him carefully and he felt a pang of gratefulness and pain going through him. He could understand what he said, more than what many of the people in his life knew. "I can't say that I don't understand what you mean. I'm pretty sure that if I met the child me I'd probably end up trying to strangle him." he offered. He had been rather difficult after his own father had died and had caused a lot of pain and angst to his mother, though they were doing fine now. "But for what's worth I think you're an extraordinary young man. And I hope you'll be able to see it one day. But you can take my word for it till then." he added, a soft smile still on his lips.

As Takumi went on he nodded along as he spoke. "It's not uncommon for wizards to have their magic change as a result of an emotional or burdening event in their lives. After all many of us that have been born to muggles learn that we've got magic in such a manner. And I do have to agree with what you've been told, you're very talented, at least that's what i think. And being able to do wandless magic is indeed an impressive feat. You didn't hear it from me, but I've got colleagues among the three schools that aren't able to to this day... can't say it's my stong suit either. Make sure to be careful though,
can you promise me that? I'd hate to see something happening to you.
" he replied to him, concern showing in his voice at the last part. One could say what they may about Jim, and surely there was a good amount of things to say, but they couldn't say he didn't care about his students.

"Oh, but I do." he replied when Takumi expressed his disbelief about him not prefering to be somewhere else. "And well sure there are things that I need to do, but what I do I do for the students. Trust me if I didn't want to interact with you guys and spend time with you I wouldn't become a teacher. And besides, believe it or not, you're one of my favorite students, due to both your qualities as a person and as a wizard." he added.

Takumi Sumeragi

PM
^
Takumi Sumeragi
 Posted: 27 Feb 2018, 07:20 PM

Takumi laughed, "Well I don't think I'd go as far as to strangle me." He was surprised to hear such a statement from Professor Hawkins, who had just been waxing lyrical about Takumi's strengths as a child, "I'm glad you think that of me though...it really means a lot to hear that," Especially hearing the word extraordinary, no one ever used that word to describe him.

"And of course I'll be careful! I don't really try to get into trouble anyway, I'm not that kind of guy." Takumi felt his heart flutter and his smile widen when Professor Hawkins called him one of his favorites. Favorites! He wasn't anyone's favorite! Well his older sister sometimes called him her "favorite little brother" but he was her ONLY little brother, so that didn't count. "Thank you I am...so honored to hear that...Favorite wow...I..." Takumi heard a beep and he looked down at his watch, warning him that he had ten minues to get to class. Luckily it was a Beauxbatons one but... "I..I have to go. Thank you for all your kind words though." he bowed in the man's direction

jim hawkins Fin?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay Candyland Couture RPG-D

HOS

Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU PJRPG -------> YOUR BUTTON HERE

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.