admin cp mod cp
Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

We Stand Together, The Manchester Attack
Sigyn !
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 11:57 AM

We Stand Together.

I'm going to keep this brief, but I just wanted to take a minute to talk about the attack on Manchester last week. For those that don't know, a bomb went off at the end of a concert in the centre of Manchester, killing over twenty people and hurting many more. This is awful and tragic in any case, but it's hit me a little hard recently since Manchester is my home town.

There are a couple of links here and here where groups are taking donations for support for the families, and of course there's a big benefit concert on tomorrow night as well to raise money, but I really just wanted to take this moment to pause and think about the victims and their families.

Anyway, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I just wanted to share some of the photos I took from the city centre today. I am so proud of my city, there is so much love here. Across the whole, huge memorial space, I barely saw a single thing referencing hate or anger - it was entirely love and community and there were so many people out showing their support and it was as heartwarming as it was breaking. Plus, the symbol of Manchester is the worker bee, and there was something particularly beautiful about seeing all of the flowers being tended to by the bees while we stood there.

There was a young boy playing Don't Look Back in Anger on the guitar as well - in reference to the fact that at the memorial service, the crowd spontaneously broke into that song. As so many people said today: "that's Manchester for you." We're a strong city: we'll get through this. And we'll do it with love.

PMEmail
^
alfred jones
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 01:53 PM

This is beautiful. My heart goes out to you and everyone in/from Manchester Sigyn, as well as those affected by the attacks in London yesterday. </3 -Hugs-
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

PORTKEYS

Shadowplay RPG-D Candyland Couture

Avalon a Panfandom RP
HOS
Rise of the Believers X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Wizarding Warfare

YOUR BUTTON HERE!<------- HG OHaV The Beginning The Arrow INCREDIBLE TO INFINITY AND BEYOND UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ------->YOUR BUTTON HERE!

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.